Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

Captain Charisma posted:

It's not just Shia LeBouf, it's the script, it's Megan Fox, it's John Turturro, it's the mom and dad, it's every goddamn scene with humans.

Good thing every minor character is coming back for the sequel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Holy crap!

Much like Troll 2, this is a movie that I've heard about many times, but now must seek out.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Behonkiss posted:

Holy crap!

Much like Troll 2, this is a movie that I've heard about many times, but now must seek out.

drat. It's not available from Netflix. I may have to actually rent the stupid thing.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Wow, I've never even heard of this movie. It looks horrible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCj8sPCWfUw

EDIT: I love how none of the quotes at the end are attributed to anybody.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 12, 2009

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Behonkiss posted:

Holy crap!

I DID NOT EXPECT THIS IT'S NOT TRUE IT'S BULLSHIT I DID NOT EXPECT THIS

I DID NAAAAAHT

This is the best news I've heard in a long time.

Mister Kingdom posted:

drat. It's not available from Netflix. I may have to actually rent the stupid thing.
Buy it on Amazon. You're going to want to own a copy of this.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Isn't the movie a riff of itself? It's an atrociously bad, but equally hilarious film to be sure, so I wonder at the point of the riff.

It is funny enough on its own. I'd rather them do a movie that is not in the least funny and then bring the humour out of that rather than one that's already a comedic masterpiece. Riffing a comedy just doesn't gel with me.

Though I have to acknowledge that on the DVD commentary to Squirm, the director says that movie was supposed to be a comedy/spoof on horror film in itself and yet the MST3k version is a work of art.

The commentary to that is actually great - you wouldn't believe the actors who were supposed to play those roles. I don't really myself, but the director is so drat earnest about making you believe Martin Sheen was gonna play the main guy but wanted to play him like a New York lawyer so so was fired. The list of 'before they were famous' stars he says were in the wings is as long as your arm.

Darien Fawkes
Jun 4, 2004

Aww, crap.
I never thought I'd watch Twilight of my own free will, but Rifftrax made it not only possible, but enjoyable.

Thank you, Mike Nelson.

JimBobDole
Nov 6, 2005

'Tis the season.
I'm actually looking forward to New Moon just for the riff.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

JimBobDole posted:

I'm actually looking forward to New Moon just for the riff.
I feel that way about so many blockbusters. Whereas before I would look upon them as bloated shallow exercises in wasteful spending, I now know each one is a potential comedy classic.

My excitement for the Transformers 2 riff is palpable.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Considering their love for Nicolas Cage, I am shocked they didn't do Ghost Rider.

FelchTragedy
Jul 2, 2002

FelchTragedy.
Internet, I call forth your power!
Let's T_Roll.
There are movies I wouldn't even consider watching without the intervention of riffing. Transformers was one of them.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

FelchTragedy posted:

There are movies I wouldn't even consider watching without the intervention of riffing. Transformers was one of them.

Most of the movies I've watched via Rifftrax are ones I would've never considered otherwise:

Crossroads
Glitter
Top Gun

Just to name a few.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

Most of the movies I've watched via Rifftrax are ones I would've never considered otherwise:

Crossroads
Glitter
Top Gun

Just to name a few.
Crossroads and Glitter I can understand, but you never watched Top Gun as a kid?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

Crossroads and Glitter I can understand, but you never watched Top Gun as a kid?

Considering I was 23 when it came out, no.

I knew Tom Cruise was a talentless douchebag and had no desire to see anything he was in.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Holy gently caress, I just watched The Happening, even the Rifftrax didn't completely save me from its despair. I had heard that it sucked, but I had no idea.

hotdogs

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Reo posted:

Holy gently caress, I just watched The Happening, even the Rifftrax didn't completely save me from its despair. I had heard that it sucked, but I had no idea.

hotdogs

Just sit back and have some lemon drink and you'll be fine.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just sit back and have some lemon drink and you'll be fine.
WE CAN'T JUST SIP LEMON DRINK AS UNINVOLVED OBSERVERS!!!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fenix down posted:

WE CAN'T JUST SIP LEMON DRINK AS UNINVOLVED OBSERVERS!!!!!

Dude, there is nothing between us. All we did was have tiramisu

I'ma talk to a plant. You're a plant, what's up with that? Say hello to your mother for me

also: I can also attest to the so bad it's goodness of The Room. I'm not too familiar with the cult following it received in LA since I saw it in Northern California on bootleg. But if I were to describe it, it would be like a Skinemax movie with the good parts taken out, the lovely parts prolonged and it's all directed by a film school dropout. The love interest is played by a chubby Britney Spears from Crossroad, and the "child" in the movie is played by a guy who looks like he's 30. And the main character played by Tommy Wiseau, is like Speak the Hungarian rapper with longer hair

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 15, 2009

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Gonna echo Smithee's post and say if you have not watched it yet WATCH THE ROOM! My brothers and I were quoting it for days after seeing it.

This convenient starter guide was posted last week on the rifftrax blog.
http://blog.rifftrax.com/2009/06/12/oh-hi-rifftrax-a-guide-to-the-room/

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

fenix down posted:

Gonna echo Smithee's post and say if you have not watched it yet WATCH THE ROOM! My brothers and I were quoting it for days after seeing it.

This convenient starter guide was posted last week on the rifftrax blog.
http://blog.rifftrax.com/2009/06/12/oh-hi-rifftrax-a-guide-to-the-room/
oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx-Fc0iVF2A

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh
I'm working on an I-Riff for Eraserhead...

I've got an ample script... And that's about it.

Does anyone have any advice on getting I-riffs published?

The website mentions sending in a text file that synchs up the time code, I'm not sure what they want. Do they want a time code that lists when lines of dialog are spoken during the movie? Or do they want a script detailing our riffs along with their corresponding time-code?

JessJezzz
Jul 20, 2005

Pinchin' on the Ritz
If you have a Netflix account and a few bucks to spare, but want your Rifftrax NOW, here's a list of Riffed movies available on Netflix Instant Watch (in no particular order):

* The Matrix: Reloaded
* Die Hard
* Night of the Living Dead
* Spider-Man 3
* Batman & Robin
* House on Haunted Hill
* Point Break
* Plan 9 From Outer Space

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone been keeping up with Cinematic Titanic? I've been thinkig of getting a few and wanted some recommendations.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

GOP posted:

I'm working on an I-Riff for Eraserhead...

I've got an ample script... And that's about it.

Does anyone have any advice on getting I-riffs published?

The website mentions sending in a text file that synchs up the time code, I'm not sure what they want. Do they want a time code that lists when lines of dialog are spoken during the movie? Or do they want a script detailing our riffs along with their corresponding time-code?

Probably the same type of file that comes with rifftrax that you buy.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

chemosh6969 posted:

Probably the same type of file that comes with rifftrax that you buy.

Guess I have to go out and buy a Rifftrax then...

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

GOP posted:

Guess I have to go out and buy a Rifftrax then...

I can email you a sync file if you want.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
are any of the iriffs worthwhile?

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

ICWXP is the king. A total ripoff of MST3K but it's really well done (except for a few lame host segments). And no syncing to do.
The recent Night of the Lepus one is really great but you have to track down Night of the Lepus. I also like Quiptracks' riffs.

I'm biased as head writer for Riff Raff Theater, but try us out. I think our best work is still Speed.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

^^ Your stuff is great, easily the most consistent stuff on there. Hire me as a writer already damnit. And the dude who does the Dennis Hopper impression in the Speed riff stunned me and my housemate with its accuracy. It's amazing.

Alan Smithee posted:

Yeah, a few of them are. RiffRaff Theatre is solid, any of their riffs are pretty great. The Superman 4 riff is fantastic too, easily up to the standard of the boys. Just stay away from everything else. Also the 'winner' of the iRiff competition 'the Lion King' by 'ThatGuyWithTheGlasses' is loving terrible so avoid at all costs.

It's so sad that DrAshen is now working with them, cos damnit he's funnier than all of them.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 16, 2009

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Plavski posted:

^^ Your stuff is great, easily the most consistent stuff on there. Hire me as a writer already damnit.

Yeah, a few of them are. RiffRaff Theatre is solid, any of their riffs are pretty great. The Superman 4 riff is fantastic too, easily up to the standard of the boys. Just stay away from everything else. Also the 'winner' of the iRiff competition 'the Lion King' by 'ThatGuyWithTheGlasses' is loving terrible so avoid at all costs.

It's so sad that DrAshen is now working with them, cos damnit he's funnier than all of them.

Thanks! I wish we could afford to hire writers, but if you'd like to get some of your jokes out there, we're currently accepting scripts for Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door (English dub).

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,14422.msg439816.html#msg439816

Edit: Yeah, that thing was a total popularity contest.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

CrimsonAuthor posted:

I wish we could afford to hire writers, but if you'd like to get some of your jokes out there, we're currently accepting scripts for Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door (English dub).

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,14422.msg439816.html#msg439816
Friend of mine has it on Versatile so I'll grab it tonight and jot a few lines down.

It'll make a change from all the 'proper' comedy I write for my day job :D

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

chemosh6969 posted:

I can email you a sync file if you want.

That'd be awesome, thanks.

My email is grenadesonparade@hotmail.com

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GOP posted:

Why not just buy any Riff? Do you really not own a single Rifftrax?

I'm getting a Karl Pilkington vibe... a 'writing a book before reading one' kinda thing. It's pretty weird.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Plavski posted:

Why not just buy any Riff? Do you really not own a single Rifftrax?

I'm getting a Karl Pilkington vibe... a 'writing a book before reading one' kinda thing. It's pretty weird.

Yeah... I haven't bought a RiffTrax However, I have many. But only with the audio already synched to the video.

Spider-man and Jurassic Park are my favorites.

GOP fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 16, 2009

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

GOP posted:

Yeah... I haven't bought a RiffTrax However, I have many.

I presume that is because you subsequently made a voluntary donation via the Rifftrax website in the manner approved by the content producers.

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Pipski posted:

I presume that is because you subsequently made a voluntary donation via the Rifftrax website in the manner approved by the content producers.

Well, of course. I did Mikes dishes for a week.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

GOP posted:

and sent

GOP
May 20, 2007

by Ozmaugh

chemosh6969 posted:

and sent

Thanks man.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I didn't see this posted earlier, but this might be of interest to some of you. 10 rifftrax dvds (public domain / vod stuff) for $46 + shipping. I already had 3 of them and yet I still felt like jumping on that.

Rifftrax-Shorts V.01
Rifftrax-Night Of The Living Dead
Rifftrax-Reefer Madness
Rifftrax- Three Stooges-Swing Parade
Rifftrax-Little Shop Of Horrors
Rifftrax-Carnival Of Souls
Rifftrax- Missile To The Moon
Rifftrax-Plan 9 From Outer Space
Rifftrax-House On Haunted Hill
Rifftrax-Shorts V.02

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=70492734

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Purchased Voodoo Man for download and man is it big. Its a couple of gig altogether.

• Locked thread