Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

MissConduct posted:

I adopted a Beagle about two months ago.
[Putting on the brakes & doesn't play fetch.]
Any tips on either situation?

Training a hound can be a real pain in the rear end. Assuming your dog isn't super-fearful, but is just loving with you, then the stubbornness is something that you might just have to power through. I can't read your dog's body language, but I do know that my Beagle is damned stubborn if I'm asking him to do something that he doesn't want to do. The trick for getting through to Jax was teaching him that I was more stubborn than he was. Sit means sit, stay means stay, etc. If my Beagle put the brakes on, I just keep on walking up the steps and through the door. She's got to learn that you control the walks, not her. I'd do it in as unemotional and no-nonsense a manner as you can, absolutely no coaxing or coddling. With the car, I'd just walk her to the car and toss her in. I'd recommend getting her started in an Introductory Agility class to work on obedience commands in a positive way. Basic obedience classes might be too repetitive to keep your Beagle's attention, but any sort of class would help. Developing that working relationship in class really helped improve compliance at home.

As far as the fetch thing goes, you're probably sunk. I could only get Jax to play fetch a few times, and only because there were hotdogs involved for motivation. Some dogs just don't "get" why they should play fetch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optilux
Feb 8, 2004
Gather unto Me, my children...We must all become as Light
My new kitten, Roll, wants to eat my sandwiches. When I'm making them, she practically screams and climbs up my jeans - it hurts! Then when I'm eating she climbs up my jeans to get onto the table.

Other than saying 'ouch' or 'no' and removing her, how do I deter?

I don't mind her going on the table per se, but I don't want her stealing my food and I certainly don't want her climbing my jeans. She also tried it once when I was just wearing boxers, drawing blood, but legged it when I yelled in agony.

She has plenty of her own food and good variety, btw.

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Hardships are like training with lead weights...
When they come off, you go flying down the road!

MoCookies posted:

Training a hound can be a real pain in the rear end. Assuming your dog isn't super-fearful, but is just loving with you, then the stubbornness is something that you might just have to power through. I can't read your dog's body language, but I do know that my Beagle is damned stubborn if I'm asking him to do something that he doesn't want to do. The trick for getting through to Jax was teaching him that I was more stubborn than he was. Sit means sit, stay means stay, etc. If my Beagle put the brakes on, I just keep on walking up the steps and through the door. She's got to learn that you control the walks, not her. I'd do it in as unemotional and no-nonsense a manner as you can, absolutely no coaxing or coddling. With the car, I'd just walk her to the car and toss her in. I'd recommend getting her started in an Introductory Agility class to work on obedience commands in a positive way. Basic obedience classes might be too repetitive to keep your Beagle's attention, but any sort of class would help. Developing that working relationship in class really helped improve compliance at home.

As far as the fetch thing goes, you're probably sunk. I could only get Jax to play fetch a few times, and only because there were hotdogs involved for motivation. Some dogs just don't "get" why they should play fetch.

Thanks for the advice.
Her hackles aren't up when I am trying to get her in the house, don't know if that helps.
I can imagine her previous owners got rid of her because she's "dumb."
On the contrary. While she is stubborn, she is intelligent.

I have her signed up for an agility class already, but it doesn't start until August. In the meantime, what games are good to play with hounds?

aunt moneybags
Jun 11, 2006

I like gin, and I don't like hugs.

Optilux posted:

My new kitten, Roll, wants to eat my sandwiches. When I'm making them, she practically screams and climbs up my jeans - it hurts! Then when I'm eating she climbs up my jeans to get onto the table.

Other than saying 'ouch' or 'no' and removing her, how do I deter?

I don't mind her going on the table per se, but I don't want her stealing my food and I certainly don't want her climbing my jeans. She also tried it once when I was just wearing boxers, drawing blood, but legged it when I yelled in agony.

She has plenty of her own food and good variety, btw.

I've heard people on here say to make a high-pitched squeal to deter behavior like that. Just how when you were really hurt and she ran away when you yelled in pain. That's how they learn as kittens what hurts their littermates.

Alternatively, cover your legs in aluminum foil.

RepliCarter
Dec 5, 2007

Megalomaniac
So I got a kitten today... Some guy let his cat get pregnant and he was giving away the babies. He took them to the vet today and had them all vaccinated. My little girl, who I've named Samantha "Schrödinger" Carter(go figure), was entirely 'free'. All I have to worry about is a feline leukemia test and a spay later on down the road.

Ok, now to my question... Since she's so young, what can I do to make sure she's flea free? Can I bathe her in warm water with Dawn soap?

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

RepliCarter posted:

Ok, now to my question... Since she's so young, what can I do to make sure she's flea free? Can I bathe her in warm water with Dawn soap?
How old is she, or how much does she weight? After 8 weeks (~2 lbs.) most flea products have a kitten-safe version, and they'll be more effective than a bath. I'd get a dose of Frontline Plus, Revolution, or Capstar from your vet. Generic flea stuff from the grocery or pet store tends to not work as well, or is actually unsafe, so get the brand-name stuff from the vet. If she's going to go outdoors, I'd start giving her Revolution monthly as it also protects cats from heartworms.

RepliCarter
Dec 5, 2007

Megalomaniac

Crooked Booty posted:

How old is she, or how much does she weight? After 8 weeks (~2 lbs.) most flea products have a kitten-safe version, and they'll be more effective than a bath. I'd get a dose of Frontline Plus, Revolution, or Capstar from your vet. Generic flea stuff from the grocery or pet store tends to not work as well, or is actually unsafe, so get the brand-name stuff from the vet. If she's going to go outdoors, I'd start giving her Revolution monthly as it also protects cats from heartworms.

I don't let any of my pets go outside, save for the dogs. :) She's got to be between 8-10 weeks old, so I guess I'll look into Frontline Plus. Thanks!

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

RepliCarter posted:

So I got a kitten today... Some guy let his cat get pregnant and he was giving away the babies. He took them to the vet today and had them all vaccinated. My little girl, who I've named Samantha "Schrödinger" Carter(go figure), was entirely 'free'. All I have to worry about is a feline leukemia test and a spay later on down the road.

Kitten vaccines are usually done in series of 3 shots, a few weeks apart. Sounds like maybe you only got the first shot done, or maybe just rabies.

Aradekasta
May 20, 2007
I'm in the market for a cat tree, I'm being a bit picky about it, and I can't find anything I like. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

The intended users are a 3-year-old 16lb fatty and a 7-month-old 6lb rear end in a top hat kitten. The spot I'd like to put it in is about 1.5x3ft (12ft ceilings, so height isn't a constraint). I want at least one vertical scratching post and a hidey-hole big enough to accommodate fatty. The fat cat in particular has always hated unbalanced or wobbly surfaces (laps included), so good construction is important.

I looked at Armarkat, which seems to be commonly recommended, and they do have pretty good prices, but they're so ugly! This thing is going in my living room! I also regularly sweep half a cat in fur off my throw rugs, so I'm not sure I understand why these things are always covered in ugly carpet. I've also looked at the more modernist-looking ones like the lotus and baobab lines, but they're a little pricey and don't have a scratching post. I'm in an apartment with crappy plaster walls, so those wall-mounted shelf systems are out. Anybody have a cat tree they particularly like? I'd say my budget is about $150.

Hopes Fall
Sep 10, 2006
HOLY BOOBS, BATMAN!
This is less of a question and more e/n but goddamn I wish my family would stop with the pets already. It's like an addiction or something with them. I love animals, I have my own dog, but there has got to be an end somewhere, right?

My younger sister talked my mom into a "new" (5 year old adopted) cat today, and an adopted guinea pig yesterday. Including these new additions we now have 3 dogs, 3 cats, 2 guinea pigs, 2 parrolets, 1 rat, and multiple fish. This is only a condo for God's sake!

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Aradekasta posted:

I looked at Armarkat, which seems to be commonly recommended, and they do have pretty good prices, but they're so ugly! This thing is going in my living room! I also regularly sweep half a cat in fur off my throw rugs, so I'm not sure I understand why these things are always covered in ugly carpet.

Huh, mine is short fur and all beige. It can fit in anywhere.

This is the one I have: http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-a7401/prod_5.html

It's much lighter than what is pictures and really soft to touch. They have lots on their that are the same color. In fact, none of the cat trees on that site is made out of rug, it's all fur or fleece. I can't speak for the fleece, but the faux fur one I have is really really nice. Very short and soft. The beige and white are unassuming and can go with about anything they are so plain:

http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-a7202/prod_24.html

http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-a8001/prod_30.html

White Fur:
http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-b7301/prod_25.html

White Fleece:
http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-b8201/prod_6.html

http://www.armarkat.com/classic-cat-tree/classic-cat-tree-b7701/prod_27.html

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

Aradekasta posted:

I'm in the market for a cat tree, I'm being a bit picky about it, and I can't find anything I like. Maybe somebody can point me in the right direction?

The intended users are a 3-year-old 16lb fatty and a 7-month-old 6lb rear end in a top hat kitten. The spot I'd like to put it in is about 1.5x3ft (12ft ceilings, so height isn't a constraint). I want at least one vertical scratching post and a hidey-hole big enough to accommodate fatty. The fat cat in particular has always hated unbalanced or wobbly surfaces (laps included), so good construction is important.

I looked at Armarkat, which seems to be commonly recommended, and they do have pretty good prices, but they're so ugly! This thing is going in my living room! I also regularly sweep half a cat in fur off my throw rugs, so I'm not sure I understand why these things are always covered in ugly carpet. I've also looked at the more modernist-looking ones like the lotus and baobab lines, but they're a little pricey and don't have a scratching post. I'm in an apartment with crappy plaster walls, so those wall-mounted shelf systems are out. Anybody have a cat tree they particularly like? I'd say my budget is about $150.

I'm on vacation right now, but remind me to post a picture of my living room with our Armarkat tree. It's this grey fur one, and it doesn't stand out at all, probably because it's in the corner.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Fire In The Disco posted:

I'm on vacation right now, but remind me to post a picture of my living room with our Armarkat tree. It's this grey fur one, and it doesn't stand out at all, probably because it's in the corner.

Do they ever get into the basket on the top left? I wanted to get one with a basket or a hammock for my cats but I was worried the wouldn't get into it.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Fire In The Disco posted:

I have the same one and my cats love it. The little hammock/basket near the top and the top perch are the two most popular hangouts in the house. It really doesn't stand out much in the corner of my living room, but if you were really crafty, it wouldn't be hard to recover the outside of the brown parts. The short fur is actually really great compared to carpet -- it gets furry, but the vaccuum cleaner hose is enough to make it look pristine again. Also carpet posts have a tendency to get pretty shredded and ugly after not long in my apartment. My armarkat cat tree is in perfect shape after 3 years of use.

KilGrey posted:

Do they ever get into the basket on the top left? I wanted to get one with a basket or a hammock for my cats but I was worried the wouldn't get into it.
Mine LOVE the basket, but not the hammock near the bottom. My feral cat used to only allow petting when he was in the basket at the top, and even now that he's tame, it's his favorite place in the world. If you go stand next to it like you might pet him there, he dashes through the apartment and flies up into the basket, squealing with delight. :3:

maso
Jul 6, 2004

fuck bitches get stud fees
http://www.coliseumbreeding.com/index.html

Just wanted anyone else who hasn't seen the new banner ad for this cattery to be able to lol at it.

GET YOUR BREEDER MALES HERE ONLY $6000!!!!

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

I've got an Armarkat tree with navy blue faux fur and it fits into the living room fine (but then I really like blue, so I could be biased). I went for faux fur over faux fleece because it seemed likely that it would be easier to clean, and I seem to have been correct about that. I vac the cat tree once a week (boyfriend has allergies) and it looks good as new in seconds.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

KilGrey posted:

Yep, they do. Or at least Luna does, since she's the only one small enough to get in it. Kitten (the huge grey one) tries, with comical results. The top perch and the square grey house perch are the two most popular spots, with Luna usually taking the hanging brown basket.

None of mine use the bottom hammock either, like Crooked Booty's. I've seen Luna eye it, and even put a paw in it, but she's never made the leap.

Aradekasta
May 20, 2007
Thanks; that's good to know that the 'fur' material isn't as carpet-like as it looks in the pictures. (To be fair, I'm trying to cheap out on the cat tree because my laptop screen is slowly dying.) Aesthetically, I like this style, but I can't really justify a $300 cat tree that will probably be a pain to clean just so the cats can claw at sustainably farmed wood. That gray fur one is pretty decent-looking... I guess you just aren't going to get the whole modernist 'clean lines' look from something that's six feet tall and covered in fur, but if it will stop them from climbing the shelves and shredding the chairs then I'm all for it.

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Aradekasta posted:

Thanks; that's good to know that the 'fur' material isn't as carpet-like as it looks in the pictures. (To be fair, I'm trying to cheap out on the cat tree because my laptop screen is slowly dying.) Aesthetically, I like this style, but I can't really justify a $300 cat tree that will probably be a pain to clean just so the cats can claw at sustainably farmed wood. That gray fur one is pretty decent-looking... I guess you just aren't going to get the whole modernist 'clean lines' look from something that's six feet tall and covered in fur, but if it will stop them from climbing the shelves and shredding the chairs then I'm all for it.

If you're cool with something that simple, it would be worth your time to look into building your own. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and then you know exactly what materials you're getting. I did it once, with no woodworking experience or general handiness, and it is not that hard.

There have been some threads on it here, but there's also lots out there online.

edit: unrelated, but it hungers.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

maso posted:

http://www.coliseumbreeding.com/index.html

Just wanted anyone else who hasn't seen the new banner ad for this cattery to be able to lol at it.

GET YOUR BREEDER MALES HERE ONLY $6000!!!!

Wow, you sure can make a lot of money selling ~*~designer cats~*~!!!! I should buy a serval for only $3500 and breed it to a tom off the street and I can make a 180% profit!!!

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Aradekasta posted:

That tree is very pretty, but it doesn't look like too much fun. There are no cubby holes to hide in, and no holes in the platforms to play through.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
^^^ Agreed. Part of the joy of the tree for my cats is playing with one inside and one outside of the square grey house-thing on our tree.

fakedit: The Dyson gets that tree spotless really quickly, so I wouldn't call it hard to clean by any means.

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

MissConduct posted:

Thanks for the advice.
Her hackles aren't up when I am trying to get her in the house, don't know if that helps.
I can imagine her previous owners got rid of her because she's "dumb."
On the contrary. While she is stubborn, she is intelligent.

I have her signed up for an agility class already, but it doesn't start until August. In the meantime, what games are good to play with hounds?

The body language of dogs is definitely helpful for understanding what's going on in your dog's head, and helpful when you take your dog around other dogs too. For example, you're walking your dog and some random dog is off-leash and loping towards you; its good to have an idea of what you're dealing with so you ahve enough time to prepare. This page might help give you a couple of things to look for in general, like ear placement (perked vs. flat against head), the lips (pulled back, mouth loosely open, or tense), tail carriage (up and erect vs. wary wagging vs. enthusiastic wagging). I find my hound's barking to be pretty expressive too, I know he's serious when I hear a Barrroooooo instead of his usual just barking at kids on skateboards sort of bark.

As for games, I'd try something that involves food and making her use her nose. We've hidden treats in the backyard and he went nuts and had a blast finding them all. We teach him tricks, and practice obedience stuff while running around the house to try and keep it entertaining. Jax also likes to wrestle and to be chased around the house, but that's something that your girl might not necessarily be into.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

Aradekasta posted:

Seriously, find something off armarkat, you cat get something bigger with more stuff on it for half the price. And Armarkat ships free anywhere in the US. As others have said, part of the fun are the houses, cubby holes and perches for the cats to play and hide in. Keep looking over the Armarkat site and go with the faux fur. It's nice and short. I personally would stay way from the fleece just because I feel like it would attract everything.

Salacious R. Crumb
Feb 15, 2009

KilGrey posted:

I personally would stay way from the fleece just because I feel like it would attract everything.
It does. I have this tree, and I'm constantly cleaning so much hair and debris off the thing, but it never quite looks clean. It's otherwise a great, cheap, basic tree, though. If I were going to buy again, I'd get this one, because it looks like way more fun.

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.
Is there anyone who can do a quick rundown of the different types of flea treatments and how effective they are? I am in the market for some treatment and preventative for my cats but I have no clue how to differentiate between the 80,000 brands and forms and what works and what is snake oil. All I know is not to use Hartz brands and beyond that I'm confused.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

bee soup posted:

It does. I have this tree, and I'm constantly cleaning so much hair and debris off the thing, but it never quite looks clean. It's otherwise a great, cheap, basic tree, though. If I were going to buy again, I'd get this one, because it looks like way more fun.

I decided to look on ebay to see what they are selling those for to see if you could sell yours and get some money back to buy a new one or maybe just get a new one yourself and sell the old one/donate it etc.

I don't understand how they are selling this for $0.99

There is the main search page. They have a bunch for just a few dollars.

I understand you'll pay a bunch for shipping as that wont be refunded but even still, that wouldn't be near what you'd pay form the Armarkat site would it? And isn't it against the rules on ebay to gouge people on shippping? :confused:

Edit: Here is the one you wanted Bee Soup. At the bottom it calculates shipping for you, I put in where I live (Portland, OR) and it told me $91.32. Only about a $20 saving. The seller can't charge more than that right?

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 17, 2009

Meow Cadet
May 2, 2007

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

MockTurtle posted:

Is there anyone who can do a quick rundown of the different types of flea treatments and how effective they are? I am in the market for some treatment and preventative for my cats but I have no clue how to differentiate between the 80,000 brands and forms and what works and what is snake oil. All I know is not to use Hartz brands and beyond that I'm confused.

Talk to your vet. OTC flea meds suck rear end. Your vet should know what works best for your area. Revolution, Advantage and Frontline are popular in my area for cats, not sure about dogs.

MockTurtle
Mar 9, 2006
Once I was a real Turtle.

Meow Cadet posted:

Talk to your vet. OTC flea meds suck rear end. Your vet should know what works best for your area. Revolution, Advantage and Frontline are popular in my area for cats, not sure about dogs.

I talked to the vet but I was skeptical because they were raving about advantage and I've heard that it doesn't work that well. I partly suspect they were just going on about it's greatness because they sell it. I just don't want to make the wrong move and end up having a flea issue because it's such a pain in the rear end.

MockTurtle fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 17, 2009

Zombiesinmyshower!
Nov 14, 2006

by angerbotSD

MockTurtle posted:

I talked to the vet but I was skeptical because they were raving about advantage and I've heard that it doesn't work that well. I partly suspect they were just going on about it's greatness because they sell it.

OTC flea treatments have a history of either not working and being a giant money sink, or killing/disfiguring your pet.

If you think your vet is not giving you a good comparison of prescribed brands, maybe you could call another local vet and ask if they would see your dog and recommend a flea treatment? Also, maybe your vet sells more than one brand - try asking him.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

KilGrey posted:

I decided to look on ebay to see what they are selling those for to see if you could sell yours and get some money back to buy a new one or maybe just get a new one yourself and sell the old one/donate it etc.

I don't understand how they are selling this for $0.99

There is the main search page. They have a bunch for just a few dollars.

I understand you'll pay a bunch for shipping as that wont be refunded but even still, that wouldn't be near what you'd pay form the Armarkat site would it? And isn't it against the rules on ebay to gouge people on shippping? :confused:
I got mine on Ebay for $0.99 plus $80 shipping. The same tree is $169 on their website. Gouging for shipping may be against the rules, but as long as you can see the price ahead of time, it can be a huge bargain. Armarkat from Ebay is the way to go.

DenialTwist
Sep 18, 2008
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

I'll second the Armarkat on ebay thing I bought my crate there 42" extra large (when I thought I was going to get a mammoth rescue boy not a petite little flower) and paid .99 plus like 50 shipping for a NIB two door crate with divider. It was a better deal than what was on craigslist. I also just got Maverick a new dog bed from there for 15 that's on their site for almost 50. Honestly,when everyone mentions them I thought they were talking about the ebay store I didn't know they had a website for a while...

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

We have a male chihuahua, and recently we rescued a 8 month old chihuahua terrier mix. We got her fixed and it's been about a week. It didn't happen before the spay, but now when she's playing with our male, she'll try to hump HIM. We are all confused, is this normal?

maso
Jul 6, 2004

Norse Code posted:

We have a male chihuahua, and recently we rescued a 8 month old chihuahua terrier mix. We got her fixed and it's been about a week. It didn't happen before the spay, but now when she's playing with our male, she'll try to hump HIM. We are all confused, is this normal?

Yep. It's just a dominance display. She's not growing a wiener any time soon.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!

MockTurtle posted:

Frontline works against fleas and ticks, Advantage doesn't work against ticks but is supposed to work better against fleas. I don't know too much about Revolution though.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
What are some good toys/things kittens can share? I have two cats and although they like the dangler and laser pointer - sharing doesn't always work out. Yet, I hate having one or the other feel left out. I know the older cat gets kind of ":/" when the younger one spazzes and goes OH BOY PLAYTIME and hogs the toys.

Citizen Insane
Oct 7, 2004

We come in to the world and we have to go, but we do not go merely to serve the turn of one enemy or another.

tse1618 posted:

Frontline works against fleas and ticks, Advantage doesn't work against ticks but is supposed to work better against fleas. I don't know too much about Revolution though.

I put Frontline Plus on the cats and a month later, oh hey fleas are still there. Considering how loving expensive that stuff is, I'm not best pleased about this.

maso
Jul 6, 2004

Citizen Insane posted:

I put Frontline Plus on the cats and a month later, oh hey fleas are still there. Considering how loving expensive that stuff is, I'm not best pleased about this.

Still? It works as prevention, not getting rid of an already-present infestation.

tse1618
May 27, 2008

Cuddle time!

maso posted:

Still? It works as prevention, not getting rid of an already-present infestation.

According to their website, Frontline kills 98-100% of fleas within 24 hours. And the rest die shortly after that. So it is supposed to get rid of already-present infestation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceridwen
Dec 11, 2004
Of course... If the Jell-O gets moldy, the whole thing should be set aflame.

tse1618 posted:

According to their website, Frontline kills 98-100% of fleas within 24 hours. And the rest die shortly after that. So it is supposed to get rid of already-present infestation.

Yea but it does nothing for the fleas in your house or yard, so the cats is constantly able to pick new ones up.