Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Numbers
Dec 8, 2008

I'm a genius! *ow*

muscles like this? posted:

Purchased Voodoo Man for download and man is it big. Its a couple of gig altogether.

That's the idea. It's DVD-quality MPEG2 so it can be burned on a 4.3 GB blank. You can download some (most?) shorts in that quality too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just finished Voodoo Man and YES to the extra at the end.

Disembodio singing "Night Train to Mundo Fine"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Prof. Numbers posted:

That's the idea. It's DVD-quality MPEG2 so it can be burned on a 4.3 GB blank. You can download some (most?) shorts in that quality too.

Almost all of the VODs are available as MPEG2.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Do the Rifftrax guys have any plans to do Robot Jox? What about Robot Wars?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Billy Gnosis posted:

I didn't see this posted earlier, but this might be of interest to some of you. 10 rifftrax dvds (public domain / vod stuff) for $46 + shipping. I already had 3 of them and yet I still felt like jumping on that.

Rifftrax-Shorts V.01
Rifftrax-Night Of The Living Dead
Rifftrax-Reefer Madness
Rifftrax- Three Stooges-Swing Parade
Rifftrax-Little Shop Of Horrors
Rifftrax-Carnival Of Souls
Rifftrax- Missile To The Moon
Rifftrax-Plan 9 From Outer Space
Rifftrax-House On Haunted Hill
Rifftrax-Shorts V.02

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=70492734

I did and I was pleased. The only downside is that Night of the Living Dead is jumpy as all hell (the audio track is okay, but the video they might have gotten from archive.org because it's really crappy). But the rest seem really great and well done, videowise.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I did and I was pleased. The only downside is that Night of the Living Dead is jumpy as all hell (the audio track is okay, but the video they might have gotten from archive.org because it's really crappy). But the rest seem really great and well done, videowise.
Odd they didn't use the legend films version they colourised. Mike did a solo Riff to that for the legend dvd too.

Darien Fawkes
Jun 4, 2004

Aww, crap.

Reo posted:

Holy gently caress, I just watched The Happening, even the Rifftrax didn't completely save me from its despair. I had heard that it sucked, but I had no idea.

hotdogs

That was the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life, hands down. Did the Rifftrax on top of it help at all? I'd kind of like to hear what they did with it because that thing was a nonstop goldmine of material from start to finish, but Jesus, I honestly don't know if I could sit through that movie again under any circumstances without hating myself.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Darien Fawkes posted:

That was the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life, hands down. Did the Rifftrax on top of it help at all? I'd kind of like to hear what they did with it because that thing was a nonstop goldmine of material from start to finish, but Jesus, I honestly don't know if I could sit through that movie again under any circumstances without hating myself.
The Happening has a guy being run over by a lawnmower, that certainly puts it above 'The Starfighters' when it comes to bad movies. You should try tackling that one if you think your mind can take it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

The Happening has a guy being run over by a lawnmower, that certainly puts it above 'The Starfighters' when it comes to bad movies. You should try tackling that one if you think your mind can take it.

I can't recommend The Happening Rifftrax enough. I would say if it isn't THE best one so far, it's certainly in the top two or three.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mister Kingdom posted:

I can't recommend The Happening Rifftrax enough. I would say if it isn't THE best one so far, it's certainly in the top two or three.
Very much agreed. It's probably my second most watched riff after Over the Top.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Rifftrax just released "The Room" today. Everyone must watch the movie and hear this.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

livingfruitvirus posted:

Rifftrax just released "The Room" today. Everyone must watch the movie and hear this.

The movie is a lot funnier without the Rifftrax than with it, I'm afraid to say. Wasted potential.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The movie is a lot funnier without the Rifftrax than with it, I'm afraid to say. Wasted potential.
Really? That's a drat shame.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Dissapointed Owl posted:

You're probably right, but I can imagine it's still funny to those who have never seen the film before. This is coming from someone who has seen it on TV and at two screenings.

Still downloading it, for curiosity's sake.

Yancee
Dec 30, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Just finished watching it with friends and family and everybody was dying. It is an awesome movie without Rifftrax, but I think the guys really nailed this one.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

The Room is a perfect film.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Nah, it's really good. Up there with the Happening and Star Wars Holiday special easily.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Plavski posted:

Really? That's a drat shame.
Don't worry about it.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I appear to be in the minority regarding the quality of The Room rifftrax.

It just felt like it could be more referential to the insanity of the movie.

Like when Johnny goes to the flower shop and speeds through it. It isn't mentioned. Or the obvious blue screen in those roof scenes. Nothing.

And the Disembaudio 'skits' during the 'love making' scenes were painfully unfunny. It would have been better if they just made heaving noises or something. During the 'love' scenes in classic MST3k episodes like Mitchell, Laserblast and Space Mutiny (granted, those were not as drawn out or hideously explicit as in The Room but still) they still had funny things to say.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

So, The Room sounds good, and I'd like to see it. However, it is not on Netflix. Where did you guys get it?

edit:

Nevermind. It's on Amazon.

Day Man fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 19, 2009

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

jmaze posted:

So, The Room sounds good, and I'd like to see it. However, it is not on Netflix. Where did you guys get it?

Amazon. Completely worth the purchase.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Twenty minutes into The Room and I have lost the will to live.

Remember those General Hospital shorts they did on MST3K? Those were 10,000 times better (so far).

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Those Disembaudio sketches were pretty goddamn awful, but most everything else in the Room riff made me laugh.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

Those Disembaudio sketches were pretty goddamn awful, but most everything else in the Room riff made me laugh.

Agreed. A little Disembaudio goes a long way.

The "star" of this movie reminds of the "Rent-a-Balki" guy from "The Incredibly Strange Creatures...".

Where the gently caress is this guy from?

Man, Mike and Kevin really hate Bud American Ale.

e: Hey, a shout out to us:

"Something awful is going to happen."

Mike: "And then you'll be in trouble with Lowtax."

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 21, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

Agreed. A little Disembaudio goes a long way.

The "star" of this movie reminds of the "Rent-a-Balki" guy from "The Incredibly Strange Creatures...".

Man, Mike and Kevin really hate Bud American Ale.

e: Hey, a shout out to us:

"Something awful is going to happen."

Mike: "And then you'll be in trouble with Lowtax."

Probably a ref back to Troll 2. Which reminds me, is Lowtax going to do another one? That would rock.

Darien Fawkes
Jun 4, 2004

Aww, crap.

Plavski posted:

You were right. It was worth it if, for nothing else, the "Ms. Jones" song bit.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Mister Kingdom posted:

He claims to be from Louisiana.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He claims to be from Louisiana.

He might live there, but there's no way he was born there.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

He might live there, but there's no way he was born there.

I know that, but he refuses to disclose where he came from besides Louisiana. Perhaps he was kicked out of his native country for being a complete weirdo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I know that, but he refuses to disclose where he came from besides Louisiana. Perhaps he was kicked out of his native country for being a complete weirdo.

I figure some Eastern European country. He needs to go back.

I'm trying to figure out where the $6mil budget went.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I love what Wiseau is apparently doing at the moment project-wise. According to his wikipedia entry he's some kind of creative schizophrenic:

"Current and upcoming projects for Wiseau include a sitcom pilot called The Neighbors which he is currently pitching to networks, a book on the differences between 35mm and HD video, a Broadway adaptation of The Room, a Dracula movie, a musical based on Ayn Rand's life and an untitled second feature film, on which he will begin production in the summer of 2009."

The book about the film differences could be a great read. He filmed The Room entirely in 35mm and HD by having two cameras next to each other the entire time. So not only would the book be a somewhat decent look at the differences between filming practises and troubles with each film type, but also a no doubt fascinating look into the making of The Room from a technical standpoint.

"Oh hi book reader. You haff bought my book on film types which I used for my film called The Room. Hopefully it'll be useful to you like it was to me when I told Lisa how much I loved her in my film, The Room.

Oh hi next paragraph..."

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Plavski posted:

"Oh hi book reader. You haff bought my book on film types which I used for my film called The Room. Hopefully it'll be useful to you like it was to me when I told Lisa how much I loved her in my film, The Room.

Oh hi next paragraph..."

Aw christ, I'm gonna be reading everything in his voice now.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Kingdom posted:

I figure some Eastern European country. He needs to go back.

I'm trying to figure out where the $6mil budget went.

I think the most obvious answer is simply "up his nose."

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

STOP GANGING UP ON ME!

YOU'RE NOT MY loving MOTHER!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

STOP GANGING UP ON ME!

YOU'RE NOT MY loving MOTHER!

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART!

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
I also thought the non-rifftrax version of the Room was funnier. Seems like they mailed it in, completely.

(Disembaudio made it completely unbearable. And I thought the sex scenes were bad.)

Brogeoisie fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jun 22, 2009

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

What kind of drugs, Denny?!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

I'm convinced that he's a brilliant film maker, and we're just not smart enough to see the artistic genius involved. Future generations will look back and laugh at us for falling for the hoax, just like people fell for the original War of the Worlds.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

PhancyPants posted:

I'm convinced that he's a brilliant film maker, and we're just not smart enough to see the artistic genius involved. Future generations will look back and laugh at us for falling for the hoax, just like people fell for the original War of the Worlds.

He could very well be the next Coleman Francis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

utonium posted:

What kind of drugs, Denny?!

It doesn't matter!

• Locked thread