Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I think it looks nice but I don't really hate Newcastle much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Oh for gently caress's sake! What a terrible kit we have. :/

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

All the better to lose to Grimsby with.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
A Championship kit for a Championship team.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Tangent. St James' Park has to to be the largest stadium not in the top tier in any country. Would that be right?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Craiglen posted:

Tangent. St James' Park has to to be the largest stadium not in the top tier in any country. Would that be right?

One can always hope.

Edit: Just checked, it's the 3rd largest club stadium in England, only smaller than the Emirates and Old Trafford(and Wembley).

Elland Road holds the distinction of being the largest stadium in League One, :lol:Leeds:lol:.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 22, 2009

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Craiglen posted:

Probably. Germany's biggest lower league-only stadium in Düsseldorf falls a few hundred short with 51,500. I don't think other countries can compete with those numbers, unless there's some clubs playing in a huge run-down standing room only former national stadium in Eastern Europe.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
So let's talk about shirts again, shall we?

Presumably Nürnberg's new home shirt. I'm probably going to hate it. The old one was so simple and beautiful.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jun 22, 2009

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Was it this one

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yes. :( It's been two years, but I'm still sad to see it go.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Craiglen posted:

South America must beat this. Just from checking Brazil, their second tier has teams playing in the Sierra Dourada (60,000) and the Castelão (60,326).

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
While I'm at it, here's a preview for the (supposed) shirts of the Bundesliga (actually, it includes all relegated teams and none of those promoted).

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

If that's true, Stuttgart and Hoffenheim both get the stripes we all love, Bayern and Schalke both get the adidas "tits" outfit and Dortmund can now be called BeeVBee in the English-speaking world.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Also Bari play in the Stadio San Nicola which is like 58,000 and they were promoted to Serie A this season.

Any word on the new United kit at all yet?

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Craiglen posted:

Any word on the new United kit at all yet?

The home is red with a navy blue V. The away is black.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?

Football Manager 2009 kits?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Grievo posted:

The home is red with a navy blue V. The away is black.

I still refuse to believe this is true until I see Wayne Rooney wearing one looking slightly puzzled

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

frankenfreak posted:

Probably. Germany's biggest lower league-only stadium in Düsseldorf falls a few hundred short with 51,500. I don't think other countries can compete with those numbers, unless there's some clubs playing in a huge run-down standing room only former national stadium in Eastern Europe.

It's slightly smaller, but even more amazing is Leipzig with a 44,000 stadium in the 5th tier :confused:

Then there's Queens Park in the 52,500 Hampden in the fourth tier of the Scottish league.

The Liepzig one's more amazing though, because it was built (I assume) for the World Cup. What happened there? Were they just determined to have one in the former East Germany or was there something else at play?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mickolution posted:

The Liepzig one's more amazing though, because it was built (I assume) for the World Cup. What happened there? Were they just determined to have one in the former East Germany or was there something else at play?
Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why they modernized and expanded it. There were also some ambitious plans for the local clubs, but nothing ever came of that.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Mickolution posted:

It's slightly smaller, but even more amazing is Leipzig with a 44,000 stadium in the 5th tier :confused:

Then there's Queens Park in the 52,500 Hampden in the fourth tier of the Scottish league.

I think that stadion could actually hold over 100,000 people when it was built in the 50s ( when I assume leipzig were playing in the first bundesliga) and they thoroughly renovated it in 2000, bringing the number of seats down to 44,000 because the old stadium was too expensive to maintain.

E: looking at wikipedia, that's not entirely accurate, seems like the old stadion fell into disuse long before 2000 and they basically built an entirely new stadium where it used to be.

Nyarlothotep fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 22, 2009

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Nyarlothotep posted:

I think that stadion could actually hold over 100,000 people when it was built in the 50s ( when I assume leipzig were playing in the first bundesliga) and they thoroughly renovated it in 2000, bringing the number of seats down to 44,000 because the old stadium was too expensive to maintain.

E: looking at wikipedia, that's not entirely accurate, seems like the old stadion fell into disuse long before 2000 and they basically built an entirely new stadium where it used to be.
Yeah, the expansion thing I mentioned was wrong, but the rest is true. Leipzig hasn't had a team in the top two leagues for a while, but politcians wanted to have one stadium in East Germany for the World Cup. It's a lot like the stadiums in Japan and Korea - cost a lot of money, used for the WC, far too big for the local clubs and still costing lots of money.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
The Reading away kit is green, in honour of our 1/3rd Irish team.

Shame to announce it in the same week we're expecting to lose our Irish ints to Prem teams.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason why they modernized and expanded it. There were also some ambitious plans for the local clubs, but nothing ever came of that.

Red Bull bought one of the teams, the former SSV Markranstadt, renamed them RB Leipzig and they're going to start Hoffenheim-style funding them. They want them to go from the 4th division to the Bundesliga within five years, I think. Here's an article on it I saw recently.

interesting that Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund have swapped kit suppliers...

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Shame to announce it in the same week we're expecting to lose our Irish ints to Prem teams.

That's about the size of it yeah. I think Noel Hunt and Shane Long will be staying though.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Jay Tabb as well. Although he'll probably never get called up as Ireland have a decent middle four.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

Red Bull bought one of the teams, the former SSV Markranstadt, renamed them RB Leipzig and they're going to start Hoffenheim-style funding them. They want them to go from the 4th division to the Bundesliga within five years, I think. Here's an article on it I saw recently.

interesting that Werder Bremen and Borussia Dortmund have swapped kit suppliers...

Imagine the reaction if, for instance, we ended up with "Red Bull Rochdale".

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Bland posted:

Oh boy.

Jesus loving christ.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
And just when they thought that nothing could possibly make the new kit goofier...Steven Taylor smiled.

Flapper
Dec 20, 2002

Just reminiscing about the 80's.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

:(

If only they'd update the friggin website with this sort of news once in a while so people like me could keep abreast of goings on.

I do like the sound of green though, as long as Puma don't gently caress it up with those stupid neck lines.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

I don't know why we relase details/pics of our kits so late. I think it was via a throw away comment in the Evening Post that we even know the away kit will be green. I've read elsewhere it will be hooped as well.

I think we've done all right for home kits in recent years and hope that hoops make a bra top impossible. Away kits on the other hand have been loving apauling. First it was Pompey's away kit, then the black kit of doom, then the orange. Hopefully this one's going to be beau.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I don't know why we relase details/pics of our kits so late. I think it was via a throw away comment in the Evening Post that we even know the away kit will be green. I've read elsewhere it will be hooped as well.

I think we've done all right for home kits in recent years and hope that hoops make a bra top impossible. Away kits on the other hand have been loving apauling. First it was Pompey's away kit, then the black kit of doom, then the orange. Hopefully this one's going to be beau.

Who are "we"!?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

ICA posted:

Who are "we"!?

Well judging by who he's replying too I'd say Reading.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Yup, Reading.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I dunno, that blue/dark gray away kit you had a while back was quite nice I thought.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

It was nice, it just became an omen of evil. I remember a warning about how black kits always cause trouble and we were of course relegated that season on goal difference. I don't believe we ever won a game wearing it. :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Imagine the reaction if, for instance, we ended up with "Red Bull Rochdale".

if it's anything like the MLS' Red Bull New York, then apathy.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

harperdc posted:

if it's anything like the MLS' Red Bull New York, then apathy.

I'd go with ennui, it sounds classier.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Looks like Utd has sent out mails for pre-ordering their new kit to be revealed on July 1st. Hopefully they can get a new big signing on board to show off with the new kit at the same time.

Just got a mail from my new football club they want to go green this season. I usually wear some replica or training jersey so I need some rec's for green. I flat out refuse to wear Mexico so don't even suggest that. And I'd prefer not to have stripes ala Celtic.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

calcio posted:

Looks like Utd has sent out mails for pre-ordering their new kit to be revealed on July 1st. Hopefully they can get a new big signing on board to show off with the new kit at the same time.

Just got a mail from my new football club they want to go green this season. I usually wear some replica or training jersey so I need some rec's for green. I flat out refuse to wear Mexico so don't even suggest that. And I'd prefer not to have stripes ala Celtic.

Ireland (either flavor). Hannover96, Bremen, or Wolfsburg. Seattle Sounders.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Ireland!

I also see two here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Or these

Ka0 posted:

Saint Etienne