Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Sweeper posted:

Here http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Random_Class

I will update it in a while, basic functionality atm.

Pweller posted:

I hope you don't mind, I made one too.
I need the practice :3:

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/StudentGroups

Thanks to both of you. They both meet my requirements, thanks again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

PopeOnARope posted:

I know this is LATE as all hell, but I actually use InfranView's batch rename for this.

Recently, I needed to replace a few episodes of Voyager that I'd ripped. However, with AC3 and the like being a pain in the rear end, I decided to get lazy.

So let's say, this is your file 1x0102.caretaker.xvid.ac3.dvdrip.pest.avi

First pass, I told Infranview to replace .xvid.ac3.dvdrip.pest with nothing, as well as telling it to replace . with - , and finally, to change 1x to 1. After that first pass, the entire folder is somewhat stripped, and all the season 1 files look like this:

10102 - Caretaker.avi

Now obviously, this doesn't address the later seasons. So then I just re-open it, and tell it to replace 2x with 2 and so on. Renaming done in five minutes.
If I had a bunch of shows with that exact format, I'd open Flexible Renamer and use a a regular expression.
Input I hate:
1x0102.caretaker.xvid.ac3.dvdrip.pest.avi
Output I like:
ST Voyager 1x0102 - Caretaker.avi

What I want to do is match any 1 or more characters that aren't periods, not match the next period, then match anything up to the next period followed by xvid.
Search:
([^.]+)\.(.*)\.xvid.*

I want to have the series name, space, the season and episode info I matched (that's how I usually write it), space, dash, space, the title I matched (first word capitalized), then the extension.
Replace:
ST Voyager \1 - \u\2\e

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

hambeet posted:

Instead of going into the control panel -> Sound -> Configure (on my primary device) and then switching between stereo and 5.1 manually each time, I was after a script that with a click of an icon, or a hotkey (soundswitch is perfect for this) It will switch to 5.1. Pressing the hotkey will put it back to the stereo speaker configuration.

m2pt5 posted:

I love you.

Edit: One tiny issue - it switches both the default sound device and the default communication device. Could you add an option to switch the sound device only? I have no reason to have the communications device on anything but my headset.

Manky posted:

I have a question about SoundSwitch, posted earlier in the thread. It's a great app, but is it possible to have to it actually go through the list of connected audio devices instead of just toggling between two?

Done, done, and done but only for Windows 7 right now (Is that a small market or what?). Vista will come soon, I'm not sure if I'll bother with XP because I don't have any computers with XP on them. See here.

Version 2 Notes

I’ve added a good number of features in the latest version. All accessible through the .ini file.

* “Scroll” through each enabled item in your Sound panel.
* Hide the tray icon
* Switch between two speaker configurations for your current active playback device
* Switch/scroll just the default comm device, default playback device, or both
* Hotkey to terminate the program

Windows makes automating the sound devices very difficult. Thus, the method to automate this is quite "hacky". Please let me know if there's any problems. I would guess there are bugs as the number of lines to add these features went from like 20 to over 400.

The only testing I've done is on Win7 x64.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Okay I've searched all over, tried a bunch of freeware garbage, and still can't find something that is as basic as I want.

I'm looking for a wallpaper randomizer/changer for Vista 64. Basic as possible, all I really want is to be able to:
1 - Choose a folder full of images
2 - specify amount of time between changes
3 - tiny, runs in the background with a systray icon that links to the settings

All the freeware stuff I've tried has either used way more RAM than it should, has some terribly overdone GUI or stops working after awhile. I searched around TinyAppz but couldn't find anything already done. If someone is bored and wants to play with it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Okay I've searched all over, tried a bunch of freeware garbage, and still can't find something that is as basic as I want.

I'm looking for a wallpaper randomizer/changer for Vista 64. Basic as possible, all I really want is to be able to:
1 - Choose a folder full of images
2 - specify amount of time between changes
3 - tiny, runs in the background with a systray icon that links to the settings

All the freeware stuff I've tried has either used way more RAM than it should, has some terribly overdone GUI or stops working after awhile. I searched around TinyAppz but couldn't find anything already done. If someone is bored and wants to play with it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks :)

http://www.johnsadventures.com/software/backgroundswitcher/

Everyone I point this out to seems to love it.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Thermopyle posted:

I'm glad that's exactly what I'm using then.

After a small amount of choking (my shift key got "stuck"; not physically, but Windows thought I was holding it) I managed to get it working as I wanted, and it does exactly what I want it to do. Thanks!

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I'm looking for a wallpaper randomizer/changer for Vista 64.

This may not be particularly helpful because you're using Vista, but Windows 7 actually has wallpaper changing capability built-in.

Elected by Dogs
Apr 20, 2006
How hard would it be to make a small app that has several entry fields definable, and when filled in, would produce whatever output needed?

aka:
$1 = timestamp (unixdate)
$2 = number
$3 = url
$4 = text

and you could define something like <a name="[$1]" href="[$3]">[$4]</a>

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Elected by Dogs posted:

How hard would it be to make a small app that has several entry fields definable, and when filled in, would produce whatever output needed?

aka:
$1 = timestamp (unixdate)
$2 = number
$3 = url
$4 = text

and you could define something like <a name="[$1]" href="[$3]">[$4]</a>

Not really sure I understand, is it really so much quicker to type it into four separate boxes and then type the string with variables in it and then click a button? Wouldn't it be simpler and quicker to just type it out in one go? I'm only confused because you're not automating much at all here, maybe some idea of what you need it for would make things a bit clearer?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Soundswitch updated to work with Vista. Not really any need to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.01 unless you need Vista compatibility.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Thermopyle posted:

Windows makes automating the sound devices very difficult. Thus, the method to automate this is quite "hacky". Please let me know if there's any problems. I would guess there are bugs as the number of lines to add these features went from like 20 to over 400.

It seems like the device switching isn't as smooth as it was in v.1, but it still works great. Thank you for the new features! No problems so far (running W7 64bit, natch).

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Manky posted:

It seems like the device switching isn't as smooth as it was in v.1, but it still works great. Thank you for the new features! No problems so far (running W7 64bit, natch).

Yeah, it's not.

It's got to retrieve the states (default, default comm, default device) of all the items since I added the new features.

I'll probably do an update soon to use the old method of switching if you're only using the old behavior (toggling default between two items).

NickNails
May 30, 2004

Using DOS Batch commands (hey, it's the only thing that runs my PnP machines).

Files are created as such:

PCB041A01.ext
PCB041B01.ext
PCB041C01.ext
PCB022A02.ext

Each new file of the same type gets the next incrementing letter. So on and so forth. Now I have a directory full of different revisions of files. I would like to be able to have something automatically go through and move any files that are below an existing files into a subfolder. In the example above: only PCB041A01.ext and PCB041B01.ext would get moved to the subfolder.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Thermopyle posted:

http://www.johnsadventures.com/software/backgroundswitcher/

Everyone I point this out to seems to love it.

Thanks, I actually used that for a week or so. It's nifty, but I don't need all the fancy options like pulling wallpapers from Flickr etc. It also for some reason stopped working after a day or two of uptime, which admittedly could have been my PC.

m2pt5 posted:

This may not be particularly helpful because you're using Vista, but Windows 7 actually has wallpaper changing capability built-in.

Well that's good to know (it's about goddamn time). When I stop being lazy/when my Vista install bites the dust I'll upgrade :)

Mad Brahmin
Dec 29, 2004

NickNails posted:

Using DOS Batch commands (hey, it's the only thing that runs my PnP machines).

Files are created as such:

PCB041A01.ext
PCB041B01.ext
PCB041C01.ext
PCB022A02.ext

Each new file of the same type gets the next incrementing letter. So on and so forth. Now I have a directory full of different revisions of files. I would like to be able to have something automatically go through and move any files that are below an existing files into a subfolder. In the example above: only PCB041A01.ext and PCB041B01.ext would get moved to the subfolder.

http://tinyappz.com/wiki/MoveOldRevisions please backup your files before using, or use on a test batch of files to see if it does what you want.

Moves files named "...XYZ..." (where X and Z are numeric, Y being a-zA-Z) when there exists a file "...XNZ..." where N is greater than Y

NickNails
May 30, 2004

Mad Brahmin posted:

http://tinyappz.com/wiki/MoveOldRevisions please backup your files before using, or use on a test batch of files to see if it does what you want.

Moves files named "...XYZ..." (where X and Z are numeric, Y being a-zA-Z) when there exists a file "...XNZ..." where N is greater than Y

Awesome! Will try this in a bit.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Hi,

I would like to request an application that does the following:

Performs keystrokes derived from an excel sheet, or a comma seperated value file.

Let me explain, I have to interact with this godawful Oracle web based system at work and on occasion have to input data in a manner such as this:

SOP<tab>1354<tab>1354<down>
RIM<tab>1355<tab>1355

ad nauseum.

I generally have this information available to me in an excel spreadsheet. I.e. with a column of SOP and a column of the number that I have to enter.

Picture of the horrible web based Oracle app:

Click here for the full 695x529 image.

The first column is where I type in the 3 or 4 letter code, press tab (RIM is autopopulated). The cursor arrives to Code From and here I type in a 4 digit code, press tab and then type in the Code To 4 digit code. Then press down and start again.

I'd like to be able to have a program that parses an excel sheet containing the data and do this. I would like to be able to replace the down/tab commands at will so this app can work in many similar such screens that have more fields where I have the data in a spreadsheet available.

Picture of Excel sheet containing the data:

Click here for the full 289x802 image.

Request at Tinyappz:
http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1245591626

This would make a certain part of my job unbelievably less painful...

If you need more details, please let me know.

Mad Brahmin
Dec 29, 2004

Steakandchips posted:

autoit stuff

This is pretty simple if you're able to run AutoIt. Here's a script that will read a comma separated value file and will type each value followed by a Tab until it gets to the last value on the line, where it will send the Down key instead of Tab. The keys it sends, hotkeys, data file, and delimiter can be changed in the first few lines of the script using notepad.

The default hotkey to start the typing is the Pause/Break key and the key to abort it Escape. View Send.html for details on changing what keys it sends.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/images/b/b0/ReadData.zip

Sample csv file data.txt:
code:
FOO, 123, 456
BAR, 555, aaa, abc
Baz, 1a1, a1a

Mad Brahmin fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jun 21, 2009

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Mad Brahmin posted:

The default hotkey to start the typing is the Pause/Break key and the key to abort it Escape. View Send.html for details on changing what keys it sends.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/images/b/b0/ReadData.zip

Sample csv file data.txt:
code:
FOO, 123, 456
BAR, 555, aaa, abc
Baz, 1a1, a1a

Thank you thank you, this looks like it should help quite a bit!

I'm trying to test this out at home (simulating a screen to accept the keystrokes by using a blank spreadsheet) and am having difficulty in getting it started (i.e. I have a blank spreadsheet open, I start AutoIT, open the script and hit Pause while I am in my spreadsheet and I get the error "Unable to open file".)

I get the feeling I am not doing something seriously basic. Do I have to store my .csv somewhere specific? If you could explain this assuming I am a total end user idiot, it'd be great.

Sorry for the trouble!

Mad Brahmin
Dec 29, 2004
I just have the default file name as data.txt and it looks in the current directory, which should be where the ReadData.au3 file is. You can also change "data.txt" to an absolute path such as "c:\stuff\data.txt" on the first line if that isn't working.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

You are a god. You are awesome. An awesome god.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Just tried it out at work.

It worked perfectly fine after I added a sleep(1000); command after the tab and the down command (sometimes the stupid web application slows down and cant keep up with the rate of input, hence I introduced the slowness in field switching).

Works really good. I can go get a coffee and by the time I am back, the ridiculous mapping of 100 plus codes is done! Thanks again.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thermopyle posted:

Done, done, and done but only for Windows 7 right now (Is that a small market or what?). Vista will come soon, I'm not sure if I'll bother with XP because I don't have any computers with XP on them. See here.

Version 2 Notes

I’ve added a good number of features in the latest version. All accessible through the .ini file.

* “Scroll” through each enabled item in your Sound panel.
* Hide the tray icon
* Switch between two speaker configurations for your current active playback device
* Switch/scroll just the default comm device, default playback device, or both
* Hotkey to terminate the program

You're a champion. Im upgrading to Windows 7 this weekend so perfect timing anyhow! I'll give it a whirl and let you know how I go. Thanks again!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Requesting an image auto-downloader
-doesn't need a GUI
-windows environment

User provides 4 strings:
1) download directory
2)url pattern of the following form:
http://www.someaddress.com/funstuff/images/DSC267*full.jpg
3)starting string (0-9A-Za-z)
4)end string

The start string will be substituted for the asterisk in the url. The program will download the image (or file) at the url. Then the substituted string will increment by one character and download, until it reaches the end substitution string.

Start and end strings will be of the same length.

e: also will ignore urls that don't exist between the start and end

Pweller fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 24, 2009

Sebbe
Feb 29, 2004

Pweller posted:

-doesn't need a GUI
-windows environment

User provides 4 strings:
1) download directory
4)end string

The start string will be substituted for the asterisk in the url. The program will download the image (or file) at the url. Then the substituted string will increment by one character and download, until it reaches the end substitution string.

Sounds like you need TcD.

With TcD you can "fusker".

For an example
code:
fusker http://example.com/gallery/DSC26[00-99].jpg
loads the urls http://example.com/gallery/DSC2600.jpg through http://example.com/gallery/DSC2699.jpg into the link list.

Sadly it doesn't do letters in ranges, but it can still be done using {a,b,...,z} notation. Just a bit more cumbersome.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Sebbe posted:

Sounds like you need TcD.

With TcD you can "fusker".

For an example
code:
fusker [url]http://example.com/gallery/DSC26[/url][00-99].jpg
loads the urls http://example.com/gallery/DSC2600.jpg through http://example.com/gallery/DSC2699.jpg into the link list.

Sadly it doesn't do letters in ranges, but it can still be done using {a,b,...,z} notation. Just a bit more cumbersome.

Excellent. A fusker you say, thanks!

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I don't know if, strictly speaking, this counts as an app, so someone tell me before I put it up.

I need something like a Firefox addon or a Greasemonkey script that will not allow me to click on sites that are blacklisted. I don't mean just "oh, if you go there, the site pops up and then tells you it's blocked", I don't even want the option to click on a link to it - I want it to turn into plaintext so I can't even be vaguely sort of tempted.

EDIT: BlockSite does what I want, but freaks out after 14 or so sites blocked.

The Mattybee fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 24, 2009

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

The Mattybee posted:

I don't know if, strictly speaking, this counts as an app, so someone tell me before I put it up.

I need something like a Firefox addon or a Greasemonkey script that will not allow me to click on sites that are blacklisted. I don't mean just "oh, if you go there, the site pops up and then tells you it's blocked", I don't even want the option to click on a link to it - I want it to turn into plaintext so I can't even be vaguely sort of tempted.

EDIT: BlockSite does what I want, but freaks out after 14 or so sites blocked.

This makes me idly curious. What do you want this for?

DLCinferno
Feb 22, 2003

Happy

Pweller posted:

-doesn't need a GUI
-windows environment

User provides 4 strings:
1) download directory
4)end string

If you use firefox you should also look into a plugin called DownThemAll. It's an extremely powerful and easy to use download manager that will do exactly that (including advanced renaming) and you can also use regex.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I don't really know if this counts as an app, so I've not put it on the Tiny Appz page - I have a Lite On Ez-Dub external DVD drive, with 2 buttons on it for creating DVDs, either from an inserted DVD or files on the PC. I haven't installed the software to do this, as it isn't very useful or time saving. Does anyone know of a way to re-map these 2 buttons to set them up to do something else (launch a program, for instance)? The DVD drive is connected via USB 2

I had a look at Auto Hotkey and some other things for re-mapping, but these all deal with keyboard inputs, and not an attached USB device

Itious
Apr 27, 2006
I'm doing some ecological survey work on vegetable crops and this requires me to go into the fields and randomly select parts of the crop (usually 5 metres long but sometimes 3 metres) and survey them for insects. Because messing about with a random number table in a cold wet field isn't much fun I've tried to simplify the surveying by writing a program using my primary school qbasic knowledge to print a little map showing the survey locations and some other information. I've got it to do everything but put the locations on the map and I'm finding it impossible to do and incredibly frustrating! Would anyone be able to help me? Preferably it would be in basic so I could tinker with it myself. I've put the input and the output I have got already below but added the survey sites to the map.

code:
Filename? survey.txt
Field Location? Smith Farm
Crop? Broccoli
Sampling Date? 24/05/09
Notes? Rainy Day
Length of field (m)?  100
Width of Field (m)? 80
Rows of crop? 9
Length of crop to sample (m)? 10
Number of samples needed? 3
survey.txt
code:
FIELD LOCATION: Smith Farm
CROP: Broccoli
SAMPLING DATE: 24/05/09
NOTES: Rainy Day

80 m

10  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | 
	9   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  
	8   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  
	7   |  |  x  |  |  |  |  |  |  
100 m	6   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  
	5   |  |  |  |  |  x  |  |  | 
	4   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | 
	3   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  | 
	2   |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
	1   |  |  |  x  |  |  |  |  |  
	    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 

Locations to sample: 
Row 3: 70 - 80 M
Row 4:  0 - 10 M
Row 6: 50 - 60 M
The width of the field is not important except to display on the map because the horizontal axis comes from the number of rows. The vertical axis comes from the length of the field divided by the length of sample (in this case 100 / 10, so there are 10 possible sampling locations per row of crop). Because it doesnt need to be super accurate I made it an integer if it wasn't already, so a field with the length 100 and a sample length of 7 would have 14 sample sites.

Itious fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 27, 2009

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1246081322

I am looking for a windows program that will extract a specific chunk of data from a WAVE file. for example, if the file has chunks with the fourCC codes "fmt ", "vorb" and "data" I would like it to extract the vorbis audio from the data stream (as identified by the second chunk) and put it in a more suitable container, e.g. OGG or Matroska.

PM me or post in this thread for a sample file.

E: Never mind, some more dicking around makes it look like this is music encoded using Audiokenetic's Wwise suite. This isn't such a tiny app after all.

corgski fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 27, 2009

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Itious posted:

I'm doing some ecological survey work on vegetable crops and this requires me to go into the fields and randomly select parts of the crop (usually 5 metres long but sometimes 3 metres) and survey them for insects. Because messing about with a random number table in a cold wet field isn't much fun I've tried to simplify the surveying by writing a program using my primary school qbasic knowledge to print a little map showing the survey locations and some other information. I've got it to do everything but put the locations on the map and I'm finding it impossible to do and incredibly frustrating! Would anyone be able to help me? Preferably it would be in basic so I could tinker with it myself. I've put the input and the output I have got already below but added the survey sites to the map.
alright, an excuse to mess around in qbasic :v:

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/SampleMap

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

spoon0042 posted:

qbasic....what memories. I wrote a whole text-based windowing system in qbasic once. That was fun.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I need a Win32 command line app that will detect if a user session is idle or not. Apparently the GetLastInputInfo call can be used for this, but I'm not a programmer so what the hell do I know? I only need it to work for the console session if that makes a difference. Something where I can input the number of idle minutes to check for and have it return true or false also with the appropriate errorlevel would be best, but something that returns the time that it has been idle would work as well.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

I need a Win32 command line app that will detect if a user session is idle or not. Apparently the GetLastInputInfo call can be used for this, but I'm not a programmer so what the hell do I know? I only need it to work for the console session if that makes a difference. Something where I can input the number of idle minutes to check for and have it return true or false also with the appropriate errorlevel would be best, but something that returns the time that it has been idle would work as well.

one minute...I'll have this in a jiffy...

Here you go. It's simple and not what I'd call robust.

code:
idle 5000
-Returns True if session has been idle for longer than 5000 milliseconds

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jul 1, 2009

Itious
Apr 27, 2006

spoon0042 posted:

Thanks a lot, it's just what I wanted!

Orbitize
Apr 28, 2008
I'm looking for a win32 application that will check my internet connectivity regularly (every two minutes) and if there is no connection, reboot. The reboot could perhaps be done with a dialog that lets the user abort (30 seconds delay or something). Thanks for a fantastic thread!

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1246841703

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Orbitize posted:

I'm looking for a win32 application that will check my internet connectivity regularly (every two minutes) and if there is no connection, reboot. The reboot could perhaps be done with a dialog that lets the user abort (30 seconds delay or something). Thanks for a fantastic thread!

http://www.tinyappz.com/wiki/Request:1246841703

How do you want to check network connection? I can check to see if an interface is set as "up" (i.e. windows sees a network cable plugged in), or other connectivity tests.

What circumstance do you need to check for with regard to the network being down?

Orbitize
Apr 28, 2008

Walked posted:

How do you want to check network connection? I can check to see if an interface is set as "up" (i.e. windows sees a network cable plugged in), or other connectivity tests.

What circumstance do you need to check for with regard to the network being down?

I'm not sure if I understand... The computer is running on a wireless network, and now and then this just stops working, without the actual connection showing as disconnected or anything. This is why I thought pinging something like google.com would easily solve this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Orbitize posted:

I'm not sure if I understand... The computer is running on a wireless network, and now and then this just stops working, without the actual connection showing as disconnected or anything. This is why I thought pinging something like google.com would easily solve this.

That's what I was looking for. If I get a few minutes tonight I'll see if I can knock it out. Trying to finish up something else, but its really quick to toss that one together.

• Locked thread