Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
So close to the whole chapter being double page spreads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus Christ I'm not sure where this is going :psyduck:

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
The manga just went berserk and too out of control for me to understand.

It's still awesome though, just 'cause of the art.

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I love the fact that one of the God-Hand lives in a Hieronymous Bosch painting. And another apparently lives in a giant tunnel made out of tits and asses.

Ghost of Babyhead fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 25, 2009

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

My lord that artwork is amazing.

(Where's the godhand in the crazyland page?)

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Sydnesider posted:

So close to the whole chapter being double page spreads

At least they weren't all of Griffith.

I hadn't read any manga in a really long time, and when a friend recommended this to me, I didn't expect anything beyond 'Muscle man kills poo poo dead with sword'. I'm happy to say it more than exceeded my expectations. I wish more 'action' stories could have this level of development and story telling, not to mention the fantastic artwork. After watching the anime, I expected to blitz through the manga in about two days to get the rest of the story. I knew something was up when found this thread and I saw posts from 2007 asking when they'd get off the drat boat.

:smithicide: At least it'll be done in my lifetime. I hope.

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog

ArchDemon posted:

My lord that artwork is amazing.

(Where's the godhand in the crazyland page?)

Sitting at the table.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

giant tunnel made out of tits and asses.

hahha I was just going to comment on that. But yeah the manga just took a turn for the surrealistic.

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Leonard Leroy posted:

Sitting at the table.

Oh...hahahaha. I love that guy now. He looks so drat happy.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
So, and this is a bit speculative, but does anyone else think Ganishaka might've been transmogrified into some kinda cliche vaguely Yggdrasil-y super-tree that acts as the lynchpin that keeps the two worlds connected? The fact that he's still a big old tree, and still glowing strikes me as kinda telling about...something.

Also I mistook that headless horseman for Grunbeld

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog

ArchDemon posted:

Oh...hahahaha. I love that guy now. He looks so drat happy.

Looks like an uncle of mine.

Always smiling, short, small stature...

... terrifying.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I found Conrad (inside the wizard), the lips guy (rat man) and Slan (Titty tunnel) in panels. Where is Void and Femto?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

YouTuber posted:

I found Conrad (inside the wizard), the lips guy (rat man) and Slan (Titty tunnel) in panels. Where is Void and Femto?

Void was the giant brain. Did you miss it?

Also: gently caress no Berserk for three months.

Zorak fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 26, 2009

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008

YouTuber posted:

He's already part of the real world. I guess now Guts can really hurt them since they're real.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Why the gently caress does this rear end in a top hat take so many breaks

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Scoobi posted:

Why the gently caress does this rear end in a top hat take so many breaks

Idolmaster.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Zorak posted:

Also: gently caress no Berserk for three months.

Pretty much what I thought when I saw that. If there were a :suicide: that somehow cleaved itself in half with a giant sword instead of shooting itself, it'd sum everything up nicely.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Fiannaiocht posted:

He's already part of the real world. I guess now Guts can really hurt them since they're real.

He did say, probably a decade ago now, that he wanted Guts' revenge to not involve changing him from a human into any sort of god-like creature--or anything else for that matter. That brickwork has finally been laid :D

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Andrigaar posted:

He did say, probably a decade ago now, that he wanted Guts' revenge to not involve changing him from a human into any sort of god-like creature--or anything else for that matter. That brickwork has finally been laid :D

And in only a few more short years, we will finally see Guts get off of that damned boat....

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How long has Guts been on that boat? one year? two years?

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Yo, some authors get death threats right? Maybe some enterprising fans should get on that boat.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

Elentor posted:

How long has Guts been on that boat? one year? two years?

Would be almost 2 years our time by now, I think.

:(

drat that makes me sad.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

And another apparently lives in a giant tunnel made out of tits and asses.

Miura draws that and makes money off his art. I draw something along those lines in 4th grade and get sent to the school counselor.

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."

Twitch posted:

Miura draws that and makes money off his art. I draw something along those lines in 4th grade and get sent to the school counselor.

Well, to be fair you probably weren't a child prodigy like Miura who made his first manga when he was 10 years old. Also... Japan.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Haven't touched Berserk in probably a year or two. Sad to know that I could pick up the newest chapter and know everything that's going on :( I really think Miura is just having a horrible case of writer's block or isn't sure how to get to his next arc (I'm sure he has one). The artwork is jaw-dropping, but you don't take repeated multi-month breaks just to sling out a nice two-page drawing of an army :mad: But I'm just bitter. I want to see Guts kicking rear end sans-armor, with no magic in loving sight.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Geop posted:

Haven't touched Berserk in probably a year or two. Sad to know that I could pick up the newest chapter and know everything that's going on :( I really think Miura is just having a horrible case of writer's block or isn't sure how to get to his next arc (I'm sure he has one). The artwork is jaw-dropping, but you don't take repeated multi-month breaks just to sling out a nice two-page drawing of an army :mad: But I'm just bitter. I want to see Guts kicking rear end sans-armor, with no magic in loving sight.

I don't know how you could two years ago guess that "yeah, ganishka is totally going to use his fake apostle maker and make himself a nightmarish horror even for Apostles"

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Geop posted:

I want to see Guts kicking rear end sans-armor, with no magic in loving sight.

You might need to take another 2 year break before you'll see that.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Cowboy posted:

You might need to take another 2 year break before you'll see that.

Reading the latest chapter only makes it seem that is an even farther ways off.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
Did you guys catch over at skullknight.net that one of the posters sent a letter to Mirua
and got a response. A lot of good questions about the series and I found it interesting that
it is only 30% complete.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9513.0

I wonder if he is that hard to bring over to the US for a con since he has been
taking a lot of breaks?

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.
Yeah, Walter posted it here a few pages back.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!

lyricaldanichan posted:

Did you guys catch over at skullknight.net that one of the posters sent a letter to Mirua
and got a response. A lot of good questions about the series and I found it interesting that
it is only 30% complete.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=9513.0

I wonder if he is that hard to bring over to the US for a con since he has been
taking a lot of breaks?

It's actually 60-70% complete.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Zorak posted:

I don't know how you could two years ago guess that "yeah, ganishka is totally going to use his fake apostle maker and make himself a nightmarish horror even for Apostles"

Oh, I so called it. I'm sure I posted it somewhere :v:

Anyhow, I figured Miura had something planned for him, given how he wouldn't. loving. Die. In spite of being trounced by Griffith at every turn. Ought to catch up from where I left off, but I'm more focused on waiting on FMA to finish and just blitzing through that.

Geop fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jul 2, 2009

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Cronus posted:

Yeah, Walter posted it here a few pages back.

Gee why am I not surprised that he is a goon!

quote:

It's actually 60-70% complete.

Hmm very interesting and a good thing.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

Well if we take the bigger number of 70% complete we have 30% to go. Almost seventeen years to do 70% leaves about seven more years till we (might) see the ending to Berserk...

Gwynne
Oct 24, 2004
I'm a gnome
Miura is one lucky bastard. I want one of those bookmarks!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Wow, just watched the anime and that ending was quite the what-the-gently caress moment. What a hosed up way to end a show... and I loved every second of it.

I'll be buying the manga from Dark Horse... if I can bring myself to part with all that money. drat I want more of this though, I was waiting for Guts to start killing demons and monsters the whole anime, and right when it gets to it, the anime ends! God drat!

Bisse fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 29, 2009

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Bisse posted:

Wow, just watched the anime and that ending was quite the what-the-gently caress moment. What a hosed up way to end a show... and I loved every second of it.

I'll be buying the manga from Dark Horse... if I can bring myself to part with all that money. drat I want more of this though, I was waiting for Guts to start killing demons and monsters the whole anime, and right when it gets to it, the anime ends! God drat!

well have fun reading hundreds of chapters of manga... It's a good long read until you hit waiting for months until the next chapter is released.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Cowboy posted:

Well if we take the bigger number of 70% complete we have 30% to go. Almost seventeen years to do 70% leaves about seven more years till we (might) see the ending to Berserk...

Think about the chapter schedules.

The vast majority of that first 70% was completed when he had a chapter out consistently every 2 weeks. It was like that with far less breaks up until the last 4-5 years or so.

The best way to look at the estimate would be that we're about 2 thirds of the way through the story, however the final third is going be done at about half the pacing or less of the first two thirds, so it's going to take just as long as they did, if not longer.

Fiannaiocht
Aug 21, 2008

Mr. Deathy posted:

Think about the chapter schedules.

The vast majority of that first 70% was completed when he had a chapter out consistently every 2 weeks. It was like that with far less breaks up until the last 4-5 years or so.

The best way to look at the estimate would be that we're about 2 thirds of the way through the story, however the final third is going be done at about half the pacing or less of the first two thirds, so it's going to take just as long as they did, if not longer.

And don't forget that Miura will take more time to perfect things the closer the ending comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Yeah and honestly I don't think he's in any rush to finish it while he's young. It seems like Berserk is his "life's work" to him, he probably doesn't mind the notion of working on it up until he's in his 60's, so long as he's still able to do so.

Like it's pretty obvious he's never gonna start another huge epic and try to "outdo" Berserk.

So yeah I think the ending could be 15-20 years away.