Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

XK posted:

This is like when American Chopper was a surprise hit and they made a bunch of shows about shops, except every show wasn't about motorcycles.

Speaking of American Chopper, I just realized, for the first time in years, that it is still on the air. Amazing. I guess it's better than the modern day carnival freakshow they have going on over at TLC with the shows about midgets and abnormal fertility. I want a series about bearded ladies next.

I thought it was dead until they started running ads for Jon and Kate plus 8 plus American Chopper douchebags.

Jon is going to get a custom motorcycle. I hope he can fit his mistresses on back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

One Armed Man posted:

so, a sonic boom is a cone? I always thought that it was a singlular burst that propogated in all directions but forward. I spent that whole episode thinking that they were doing it wrong. Curving bullets was such a joke, but that paper thing was genius.

Sound does propagate in all directions, but the plane is travelling faster than the speed it's propagating at so it literally flies through its own sound. This distorts the shockwave and produces the cone shape and the "boom" effect; after the plane passes you can hear its engine like normal.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Goddamnit. After watching the whole season religiously, I missed the last half of the last episode of The Alaska Experiment. It's not on hulu or discovery.com and if it's anything like previous seasons it'll never be replayed. Anyone have any information on how I can (legally of course) watch the episode?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Discovery should replay it sometime this week. Sometimes it's not on their schedule, then suddenly it pops up.

Want a spoiler for the end?

Of the remaining four, three die of exposure to the elements. The last remaining one then eats the others for sustenance and eventually makes it back to civilization.

Seriously though, I'm hoping they do another interview session like they did last season. I'd like to hear from around the last 6 people in the group. The first few people can not show up for all I care, they didn't do anything.

VV- Edit: Looks like it'll be on again Saturday morning if you don't have onDemand.

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 11, 2009

the-jam
May 20, 2003

Kick Out the MC5

BigHead posted:

Goddamnit. After watching the whole season religiously, I missed the last half of the last episode of The Alaska Experiment. It's not on hulu or discovery.com and if it's anything like previous seasons it'll never be replayed. Anyone have any information on how I can (legally of course) watch the episode?
If you have on demand through your cable provider it should be on there under Out of the Wild.

Tomcat1944
Mar 31, 2004

Be at peace my friends
Man Keith is dangerously stupid.

Overloading his boat with extra pots, forcing his crew to put on a tarp in hell wind and waves.

Its amazing no one died or got swept overboard.

Why the hell didn't they put the tarp up before they left port?!

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Tomcat1944 posted:

Why the hell didn't they put the tarp up before they left port?!

Who knows. I had visions of the tarp turning into a giant sail and helping capsize his boat.

crikey IRL
Aug 15, 2004

ummm why is the guy from Cash Cab going to be hosting After the Catch this season? Where is my Mike Rowe damnit!? I havent seen him in anything other than a ford commercial since an episode of Dirty Jobs that aired atleast 4 months ago. WITHDRAWALS ARE SETTING IN. I NEED MY ROWE FIX.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Welp, another fast and fun season of "Canada's Worst Handyman" has come to an end. It seems that Johnny was just a little bit worse than Brian. I personally thought Brian was the worst, with his utter lack of confidence and lousy attitude. Johnny tried to improve at least. Oh well, they both sucked!
This is always a fun show, and it certainly makes me feel better about my own mediocre skills around the house. I never understand why none of these people will read the instructions on anything! Is their ego really so fragile that they can't admit to not knowing everything? I'd rather take 5 minutes to read the package then ignore the instructions and totally gently caress the job up, but that's just me.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Judging from the preview, I guess tonight will be the night the excrement encounters and air conditioning on Deadliest Catch. Besides the ice, looks like Someone on the time bandit doesn't know how to add and gets poo poo canned

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Well its official the guy from cash cab loving sucks for after the catch.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

the coast guard is dispatched to the cornelia marie next week

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Farking Bastage posted:

Judging from the preview, I guess tonight will be the night the excrement encounters and air conditioning on Deadliest Catch. Besides the ice, looks like Someone on the time bandit doesn't know how to add and gets poo poo canned

More like everyone's too asleep to do two plus two. ;)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Why didn't anyone on Mythbusters shoulder the .50? Come on, man up :colbert:

ps someone gimme that TRP .45 they were using for that curve the bullet nonsense

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Cash bar... GOddamnit we want mike rowe back

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.
I like how the new boat wasnt even shown this episode, although it looks like it will be back next week.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Farking Bastage posted:

Cash bar... GOddamnit we want mike rowe back

Yea that part sucked.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
The cash bar and cooking time were both stupid. Where's Mike? He seems to really get along well with the captains, where'd he go?

Noghri_ViR
Oct 19, 2001

Your party has died.
Please press [ENTER] to continue to the
Las Vegas Bowl

Women's Rights? posted:

The cash bar and cooking time were both stupid. Where's Mike? He seems to really get along well with the captains, where'd he go?

I thought he was in a contract dispute.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Noghri_ViR posted:

Is that why I haven't seen any new Dirty Jobs in forever?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Noghri_ViR posted:

Not anymore, although at the time After the Catch was being filmed, Discovery may have chosen not to use him in the event that they couldn't reach a deal.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

What a waste of food myth busters.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Anyone watching Survive This on Cartoon Network? It's hosted by Les Stroud, it's basically a half hour kid oriented Survivorman. Maybe more Kids VS Wild because of all the camera people around, but the first episode wasn't too bad for what it is.

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 18, 2009

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Teek posted:

Anyone watching Survive This on Cartoon Network? It's hosted by Les Stroud, it's basically a half hour kid oriented Survivorman. Maybe more Kids VS Wild because of all the camera people around, but the first episode wan't too bad for what it is.

No, too angry about it replacing actual kickass cartoons like Chowder and Flapjack.

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

wow. Deadliest catch wow.

Preview- Coast Guard...Cornelia Marie

biggest tease ever.

CM: Coast Guard its the Cornelia Marie...whats the weather like?

CG: Cornelia Marie its the coast guard...Ice for a little while, then your fine...good luck

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

MrDingleDangle posted:

Preview- Coast Guard...Cornelia Marie
Oh god, tell me about it.

Kept watching and watching, figuring there was no way in HELL that the Cornelia Marie was getting out of the harbor thanks to even MORE engine problems and the ice, and I was wondering if the island had no medical facilities and they needed to evac Phil because he had a heart attack or something, but no, giant cock tease. At least Phil is sick and tired of fixing his boat too.

Oh, and After The Catch? VERY inappropriately lights and sirens for the cash bar. In the previous episode, Sig explain his chest pains away as diet, or am I remembering it wrong? Also, that whole episode was a downer. Can't blame the Katmai captain one bit for not wanting to go back out.

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

Fire Storm posted:

Oh, and After The Catch? VERY inappropriately lights and sirens for the cash bar. In the previous episode, Sig explain his chest pains away as diet, or am I remembering it wrong? Also, that whole episode was a downer. Can't blame the Katmai captain one bit for not wanting to go back out.

I stopped watching after the catch. It just too much for me. I would be happier just watching them fish, its really turning me off knowing that whatever they show in the previews is exactly what happens, nothing more. Also I almost root for nothing exciting to happen because then I know i will have to watch the same footage 100 times.

also again the New Boat they showed failing to get any crab, but was #2 on the crab count...wtf?

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Fire Storm posted:

Oh, and After The Catch? VERY inappropriately lights and sirens for the cash bar.

Yeah that was great.
"5 people died, and I was nearly one of them if I hadn't done a poo poo job. Makes you think."
"Sure does...WOOOO CASH BAR GUYS let's do some trivia!"

This After the Catch guy sucks. He's cutting the captains off, and the conversation doesn't seem to flow as naturally as it did when Mike was doing it. But at least it's a good reminder for why I don't watch Cash Cab.

crikey IRL
Aug 15, 2004

No timebandit this episode either. between that, the coast guard cocktease, and Sig's chest problems looking way worse in the previews than they did in the show :argh:

AND no Rowe.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
With Mike Rowe, there seemed to be some genuine camaraderie between him and the boat captains. It was natural, flowing conversation.

With this other guy, Ben Bailey (is that right?), there seems to be some awkwardness and tension. Plus he cuts the guys off and they don't seem to be as friendly to him at all.

Oh well, I'll just skip After the Catch next time. It's pretty bland, and I hate Cash Cab so I don't want to see that show's host anymore.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz
I enjoy Cash Cab, but I like most trivia based game shows, and Ben Bailey fits well in the Cash Cab environment.

On "After The Catch," Bailey is a travesty. He is so out of place I can't even imagine how uncomfortable he must feel, while Rowe seemed to fit right in with the blue collar boat captains. Really doesn't make any sense.

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Well, at least next season they'll either not air After the Catch or have Mike Rowe on it. Maybe we can have a comedy option and put Adam Savage on there and they can do science questions and bust crabbing myths! YEA!!

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Am I the only one who never thought Mike Rowe fit very well either? I think After the Catch has always been pretty lame. A hour long version of the FIRE BARREL "tradition" that they had at the start of this season.

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

DurosKlav posted:

Am I the only one who never thought Mike Rowe fit very well either? I think After the Catch has always been pretty lame. A hour long version of the FIRE BARREL "tradition" that they had at the start of this season.

yeah i love deadliest catch, but have only been able to sit through 1 or 2 after the catch episodes

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The preview for the last weeks episode was drat near Ice Trucker/Axe Men levels. I hope this isn't where this show is headed.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
So much for the second season of Pitchmen :sigh:

I liked that show too.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Women's Rights? posted:

So much for the second season of Pitchmen :sigh:

I liked that show too.

I believe you're inferring from this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
They should get Mike Rowe to replace him. I mean, he was a pitchman on QVC for awhile.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Vince Offer moves into phase "Endgame".

Really though, I just scooped on the death of Mays by this thread. Dying is the new thing in the celebrosphere - MJ made it so hot right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
They should get the Shamwow guy.

• Locked thread