Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
The best ones I remember of late I think everyone else hated though, the Spurs centenary 50/50 one and their chocolate away one were nice. I was also partial to the one sleeve a different colour styles.

http://yanks-abroad.com/images/store/merch/300/59mnKa.jpg

That was my favorite Reading one for years (waffle fail).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!

meh

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
It could be worse.

Would prefer both of those to the Adidas bras.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
I think the red one is pretty cool, and the sponsor logo fits in nicely too.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

yet again umbro proves that they are the only kit maker with any fashion acumen. the swansea kit is very pretty.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The home kit has a bit of a Welsh Cup winners 1989 vibe about it, but it's still nice.

The badge looks like a crowbar and three strips of bacon though.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Pre-ordered my Spurs kits. It's always a roll of the dice ordering with names/numbering this early, but:

Home - Lennon
Away - Woodgate
3rd - Defoe

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Comlink posted:

meh

gently caress, Swansea fans are having a hard month. Maybe they'll look better when Scotland and Bodde are wearing them??

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I don't mind the new Spurs ones; the yellow lines aren't too bad. It's just it's such an obvious cash in because they seem to be the only difference from last season's kit, and they're just fleecing the fans again, like every Premiership club.

I still like my 07/08 top, it's nice and simple.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Fat Turkey posted:

I don't mind the new Spurs ones; the yellow lines aren't too bad. It's just it's such an obvious cash in because they seem to be the only difference from last season's kit, and they're just fleecing the fans again, like every Premiership club.

I still like my 07/08 top, it's nice and simple.

Amen dude. The 07/08 home shirt really is great. I like the 04/05 too :shobon:

Flapper
Dec 20, 2002

Just reminiscing about the 80's.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

The best ones I remember of late I think everyone else hated though, the Spurs centenary 50/50 one and their chocolate away one were nice. I was also partial to the one sleeve a different colour styles.

I love the last season one with the gold trimming, it was great. It was good when they stopped doing the blue side panels, my first shirt was the Westcoast one with the blue side panels and sleeves, and though I was rapt with it at the time, things have only gotten better.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I'm not a Reading or Fulham fan but I really liked when Fulham had their home and away in that template for a year too. Just a really cool look, at least imo.

that said how the gently caress are you spending like $250 on jerseys each year Directorman? :psyduck:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I think the Chelsea away and 3rd kits are pretty sweet looking.

The United home kit looks remarkably similar to the kits my kids' 2nd rate Oregon club got from Nike last season. The only difference is my kids' clubs colors are navy & white, like almost every other youth club in the area.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Sun has posted their worst XI of football kits for those who want to invest in some nostalgia.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2497034/Our-worst-XI-of-the-most-tasteless-kits-in-football.html

I didn't realise Villa had such a horrible strip in 94.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Outrespective posted:

The Sun has posted their worst XI of football kits for those who want to invest in some nostalgia.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2497034/Our-worst-XI-of-the-most-tasteless-kits-in-football.html

I didn't realise Villa had such a horrible strip in 94.

The 1991 Manchester United kit is class, I dunno what the Sun is talking about. The rest are universally terrible though. If I had to pick a United kit it would be the blue/black tiger stripe one from 1992/93.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shrapnac posted:

The 1991 Manchester United kit is class, I dunno what the Sun is talking about. The rest are universally terrible though. If I had to pick a United kit it would be the blue/black tiger stripe one from 1992/93.

91 is hella ugly I'm afraid I agree with the sun here :(

It's like a blue and white static noise.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Outrespective posted:

91 is hella ugly I'm afraid I agree with the sun here :(

It's like a blue and white static noise.

I think it may actually be a magic eye and it's subliminally telling me to like it.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Shrapnac posted:

I think it may actually be a magic eye and it's subliminally telling me to like it.

It's loving hideous. The grey one was worse though.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Shrapnac posted:

Hey look, a sailboat.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

To be fair, a lot of those are just kits that have fallen out of fashion. Pretty much everything in the early 1990s was about weird patterned poo poo.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Schooner!

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

harperdc posted:

I'm not a Reading or Fulham fan but I really liked when Fulham had their home and away in that template for a year too. Just a really cool look, at least imo.

that said how the gently caress are you spending like $250 on jerseys each year Directorman? :psyduck:

I don't have a whole lot else to buy, hah

I'll have even more disposable income once I'm in the service, too :shobon: Then I might buy the keeper kit!

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Not quite as bad as I was expecting but not spectacular. Guess it's fine for a tribute jersey. Overall Nike kits have been pretty lackluster the last few years.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

Directorman posted:

Amen dude. The 07/08 home shirt really is great. I like the 04/05 too :shobon:

Yeah, last season's is nice. Really liked the ones around the end of the Holsten sponsorship as well.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
An incomplete black chevron on a red shirt. To be honest I've seen far worse.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
New Zealand website that gets Canterbury kit designs from somewhere posted these as the new Portsmouth 09/10 kit.

Portsmouth Home 09/10 Kit

Portsmouth Away 09/10 Kit

The Away looks pretty nice to be honest. Canterbury are doing well for an egg chasing brand.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
The GIGGS letting was done in photoshop..

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

luvd posted:

The GIGGS letting was done in photoshop..

I should hope so, its way off centre

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.

ibroxmassive posted:

New Zealand website that gets Canterbury kit designs from somewhere posted these as the new Portsmouth 09/10 kit.

Portsmouth Home 09/10 Kit

Portsmouth Away 09/10 Kit

The Away looks pretty nice to be honest. Canterbury are doing well for an egg chasing brand.

They're nice enough looking, but dear god they're plain.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Sadsack posted:

They're nice enough looking, but dear god they're plain.

The away is lovely. They're not too plain, when you consider there'll be a sponsor going across the middle.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

calcio posted:

Not quite as bad as I was expecting but not spectacular. Guess it's fine for a tribute jersey. Overall Nike kits have been pretty lackluster the last few years.

Nike have been much better, cleaner, and less reliant on spamming all their teams with one template than Adidas have in the past three or four years. Pretty much everything since WC 2006 has been inoffensive at the least, if not superb. Compare this with Adidas giving many of their teams the same look, and doing things like the man-bra that many of this season's new shirts have...

[edit] I guess what I'm saying is many of the jersey 'spergers out there are liking what Nike is doing much, much more than Adidas or Puma.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Man that Pompey away is sexy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

harperdc posted:

Nike have been much better, cleaner, and less reliant on spamming all their teams with one template than Adidas have in the past three or four years. Pretty much everything since WC 2006 has been inoffensive at the least, if not superb. Compare this with Adidas giving many of their teams the same look, and doing things like the man-bra that many of this season's new shirts have...

[edit] I guess what I'm saying is many of the jersey 'spergers out there are liking what Nike is doing much, much more than Adidas or Puma.

Nike learned their lesson with the Total 90 kits from 2004/05. Nobody likes looking at the same shirt over and over with the colors switched.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Obviously not set in stone 'cos it's only a drawing but still it does look pretty good. Al-Fayem is rumoured to want them to have a local charity rather than sponsorship this or next season as well.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

ibroxmassive posted:

Effort post, if theres a better picture post it and I'll edit it in.

The English Premier League Kit round-up.

I was about to complain that you'd missed Middlesbrough and then I realised.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

I was about to complain that you'd missed Middlesbrough and then I realised.

I caught myself typing Newcastle/Boro/Bolton/Spurs in the kits to laugh at bit. Sorry pissflaps.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Hull City's new kits

ugghhhhhhh. Disgusting

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
At least it's not as bad as BOYLESPORTS

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnac posted:

Nike learned their lesson with the Total 90 kits from 2004/05. Nobody likes looking at the same shirt over and over with the colors switched.

the WC 2002 CoolMotion jerseys were bad like that too. shame adidas hasn't gotten the idea yet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

What is Luton's sponsor here?

edit: Universal Salvage Auctions (1991 to 1999)

Thanks wikipedia.