Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Semprini posted:

Just like a fungus.

More or less yeah.

And you're right dakpowers I'll definitely be getting one in August!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

More City shirts:

loving City. I'm such a sucker for simple, classy kits.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Unfortunately I think the red/black stripe is the third kit and not the away kit.

Going to buy the poo poo out of the two I posted though. There's a 'striptease' on the new site with the players getting measured and wearing the new kit and they all look classy as gently caress.

http://mcfc.co.uk/Video/Uncategorized/Kit-teaser

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 2, 2009

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
If the white one was a Valencia/Milan/whoever kit I'd buy it :(

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Man City ones are very classy yes. I especially like the sponsor up at the top.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Fat Turkey posted:

Going to ask here again.

I want to find an interesting (and preferably cheap!) red kit to wear, preferably as dissimilar to Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool or England as possible. Would prefer a non-English kit.

Currently winning the vote in my head is the Polish kit for £15. Although I'm not sure the one I saw is the exact same design.

But also any cool looking cheap tops that I can buy from the UK would be ace.

Get a Rayo Vallecano away kit. They're red with a white diagonal stripe. Rayo is the fourth largest team in Madrid and represents the scrappy Vallecas hood.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

MattWPBS posted:

Let's just face it, those really raise the bar. I don't even mean for this season, they're some of the best shirts I've seen, and Man City fans are bloody spoilt with them all.

They are easily the best kits. We are all truely suckers for nice simple kits. They've played to what's good and what we know. That blue is city and that away kit will be known as city by Sept. No bras. No wonk.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Thanks for the dozen or so really useful suggestions! Going to run through them here.

First off, I would like to pick up a shirt through a reputable website or a B&M shop in London. UK Soccer Shirts looks dodgy as well so not going to get anything from there. Oh and I'm happy for old kits.

South Korea: Bit plain, although I like the colour
Bayer Leverkusen: I actually REALLY love this kit, even with the black bit. But you link was the dodgy site at £45! Looked at older kits and they looked good too.
Wales: Yeah I saw this and quite liked it, £20 is good price too.
Bayern Munich: No
Sparta Prague: I liked this kit although a tad purply. But it's different and I likes it! But as with Benfica...
Benfica: Really liked this. But can't find it in stock anywhere for under £20.
Kidderminster: Nice enough kit, but wanted something non-English. But I do like it.
Stuttgart: Looks a bit like Middlesborough but it is nice. Can't find it anywhere though.
Rayo: Couldn't find it!

I'm going to be in London next week hunting around in some cool little football kit shops I know. Will pick up the nicest one of these suggestions I can find. But you have found me some good kits I'd have never have thought of, thanks guys :)

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Get this:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

More City shirts:

They look like pijamas.
Really classy pijamas.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

thehappyprince posted:

As a heads up..

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews105540.html

Terrible shop.

I wasn't recommending the shop or anything it's just the first link that I saw that had the right strip

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

luvd posted:

Get this:

First off, what the gently caress is that?

Secondly, those City shirts are amazing. It's nice to know Umbro kept things simple and didn't try to over design the shirt. An example of this is putting a loving sports bra on your kit.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Akileese posted:

First off, what the gently caress is that?

Russia's kit. I like the white better.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/stories/russia-home-adidas-09-10-kit.jpg

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

luvd posted:

Get this:

That would probably be better if they replaced the socks with something that didn't look like medical support tights.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yah that Man City third kit is the run away winner so far this summer.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

I'd like this more if it weren't for the blue stitching and the weird perforation they got running from the collar to the armpits.

It's like ADIDAS couldn't resist the temptation to put something at least vaguely meshy over the chest.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

luvd posted:

Get this:

That makes the breastplate design actually look good.

On a completely goonish and unrelated note, who is that woman? She's hot.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Joining the City love.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

TyChan posted:

That makes the breastplate design actually look good.

What?

Look at the picture of Pavlyuchenko wearing it - he looks like he's got tits and a gut... and he's not exactly known for carrying around extra baggage. Yes, I know it's due to the pads at the top and the way the light is falling, but good christ, that'll look terrible on anyone who isn't in great shape, and even a fair amount of people who are.

The badge stitching also looks pretty amateur, almost as bad as the way the Man Utd badge sits on all pics of their new strip. Maybe the new City strips are tainting my viewpoint, and it's been a while since I last bought a football strip, but is it really in vogue to have about 1/2 an inch of void space around the crest? It looks like poo poo.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
I can't afford it but I'm buying the poo poo out of the Home and 3rd kits. No players on the back though, I don't want to curse anyone.

The away kit is actually an all-black affair that looks really classy too, but black isn't my thing.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Love the Arsenal 3rd kit with the gray shorts. Iit's the first thing I've ever liked about that team.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Gr31lly posted:

The badge stitching also looks pretty amateur, almost as bad as the way the Man Utd badge sits on all pics of their new strip. Maybe the new City strips are tainting my viewpoint, and it's been a while since I last bought a football strip, but is it really in vogue to have about 1/2 an inch of void space around the crest? It looks like poo poo.

I know this, it's for making high resolution embroidery that couldn't be stiched on directly on modern fabric since it would botch it. They have to use part of the board matrix cutout.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

w00bi posted:

Russia's kit. I like the white better.

Zenit fan?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Gr31lly posted:

What?

Look at the picture of Pavlyuchenko wearing it - he looks like he's got tits and a gut... and he's not exactly known for carrying around extra baggage. Yes, I know it's due to the pads at the top and the way the light is falling, but good christ, that'll look terrible on anyone who isn't in great shape, and even a fair amount of people who are.

The red hides the breastplates better than on the more brightly colored kits I've seen using that template.

I don't see the tits and gut on Pavlyuchenko.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Soccer Triads update. Placed an order on the 24th for three jerseys and JUST got a confirmation yesterday they were shipping. I'll post after I receive them about their quality.

Still looking for a Cameroon 08/09 green jersey large if anyone sees one at a local shop cheap.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The pinstripes on the Arsenal third shirt are actually redcurrant, so it probably looks a lot better in person. Unfortunately I will never find out.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I hope Rangers get the England/Man City Umbro and not the other Umbro.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Love the Arsenal 3rd kit with the gray shorts. Iit's the first thing I've ever liked about that team.

meanwhile, most Arsenal fans are pissed....because they freaking look like Spurs kits.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
This is hardly the first time Arsenal have worn a white kit. But admittedy I'd hate it if we had a red 3rd kit.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Got my free pair of tickets to see Doves because I was one of the first 2,500 to pre-order the new City home shirt, now I love it even more!

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

ibroxmassive posted:

I hope Rangers get the England/Man City Umbro and not the other Umbro.

:( Rangers sneak peek Look at the shirt collar. City's looks rounder, and all the other Umbro teams looks the same.

Rangers are in Group B for Umbro designers it seems. Hello Blackburn and West Ham fans.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

ibroxmassive posted:

Rangers are in Group B for Umbro designers it seems. Hello Blackburn and West Ham fans.
Seen suggestions that it's this:

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Hull City's Away Jersey for 09-10. Not as slick as last years.

At least the weight of it didn't snap Jimmy's knee.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Man seems like every kit next year is going to be total poo poo besides the Liverpool black one. But I'm a huge sucker for any black kit.

The Arsenal ones would be alright if they didn't look like golf/baseball/something not football shirts.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Semprini posted:

Seen suggestions that it's this:

That isn't too bad.

In fact I like it, is it criminal to like that?

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

Mickolution posted:

Zenit fan?

Yes, I am. Hometown team.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Rangers kit confirmed by leaked pic:

Damion
Oct 21, 2004

Fight, fight fight, for the blue, green and white

Outrespective posted:

That isn't too bad.

In fact I like it, is it criminal to like that?

It's not as good as their last year's kit, but for this year its good.

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
It's time for what you've all been waiting for, the new shirts for my team, Club Brugge (it's in Belgium.)!

The red kinda threw me off at first, but I'm starting to like it now. Still, we've been playing in Inter-like vertical stripes ever since I started following the team in the mid-'90s so this will take some getting used to.

Away shirt:

I like the black and blue returning in the vertical lines, as well as the interruption for the sponsor logo. We've had some pretty horrible away kits in the recent past so I'm easily satisfied on this count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Easily the best look of the Puma kits. That's really nice. The away is pretty flawless but the home kit has a little cape feel to it because of the contrast between the lines nothing too bad though.