Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Djarum posted:

I am kinda surprised they are selling them only online. Last time I checked the Movie Masters stuff did really well at retail. Hell, the Batman stuff at my store STILL is doing really well.

There were rumblings that the factory that made the toys went under so it delayed the production of the movie masters at a larger scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Has Anyone seen any DC Universe Classics Wave 8 in stores?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

The Rage posted:

Thats sad, I bought Batman, Joker, and Scarecrow. Kept checking every time I'd walk by them too to see if I could get ahold of the variants. Anyone know when they're going to go up on Matty?

Oh yeah. I still want a fear toxin batman. Wondering if I should order that loose one on ebay from the phillipines.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ogmios posted:

Yes. They've hit Walmarts.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Ogmios posted:

No one has actually seen these at any mass retail stores, only local comic shops and so forth.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

No one has actually seen these at any mass retail stores, only local comic shops and so forth.

The Walmart across the way from my store has a Parademon and a Gentleman Ghost left.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My Wal-Mart just restocked Wave 7, and my Target just got in wave 7 after two months of 1 Cyborg and 4 Wonder Womans on their pegs.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The Walmart across the way from my store has a Parademon and a Gentleman Ghost left.

Are you in Canada? Not a single person on Fwoosh or AFI has seen wave 8 at any mass retailer in the US.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Are you in Canada? Not a single person on Fwoosh or AFI has seen wave 8 at any mass retailer in the US.

Nope. NE Indiana. There's a Wal-Mart distribution center just north of here, we get toys early on all the time.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Oof. I haven't bought figures in a couple of years, but I want Ghostbusters and that Mattel Buzz Lightyear.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So I am in the planning stages of a custom right now but I am stuck. I need a racing helmet head that is Marvel Legends scale. Has anyone made any racing figures that are 6 inch? I know nothing of racing at all so I have no idea.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Djarum posted:

So I am in the planning stages of a custom right now but I am stuck. I need a racing helmet head that is Marvel Legends scale. Has anyone made any racing figures that are 6 inch? I know nothing of racing at all so I have no idea.

What kind of racing? The "Parting Gifts" Wesley from DST's Angel line came with two motorcycle helmets for 6" scale figures -- a black one and a pink one, both with black visors that stay in place. They are a little bit loose on figures' heads, but that should be easy enough to work around.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

What kind of racing? The "Parting Gifts" Wesley from DST's Angel line came with two motorcycle helmets for 6" scale figures -- a black one and a pink one, both with black visors that stay in place. They are a little bit loose on figures' heads, but that should be easy enough to work around.

The very well may work. I might have to mod it to look like a Simpson Diamondback helmet but I can deal with that. The price seems right too.

Also if you can figure out what I am making by the type of helmet keep it to yourself. I am still open to other options and suggestions before I make my final choice. I am anal like that.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jul 1, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

News from online retailers is that starting with wave 11, DCUC is going to have a $14.99 msrp. gently caress.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Mmmm deal.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Ultraman and Alexander Luthor are available again to order on Matty Collector!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
If anyone else collects the Battlestar Galactica figures, the new Toys R Us Anders and Mortar Cylon are out now, they had one of each when I went out today. The Anders is perfect, he uses he old Helo flightsuit upper body, but the far superior Hotdog lower body, plus he comes with the updated season 2 pistol and assault rifle among other great accessories. The Cylon is cool too, and it is a nice way to get a battle damaged head one if one didn't get the previous 2-pack.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
The GI Joe movie line is starting to hit, but the majority of them look like poo poo imo. I have been looking for more 3 3/4ers lately due to the MU line and my preexisting Star Wars figures, so I was hoping for at least a few decent looking people to fit into their setup. I ended up only getting Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow to have more ninjas, but I was pretty disapointed with the others.

I might end up picking up a few if I see them on clearance in a couple of months, in the same vein as the Indiana Jones line.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Got Hot Toys Predator. It is loving awesome.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
where do you order from, profbobo?

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Mapocho posted:

where do you order from, profbobo?

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, I think a lot of people who want their Hot Toys stuff fast get it from Playasia?

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I ordered from Sideshow for the bonus mask. If there's a toy that's not limited or exclusive though, I usually go through Alter Ego, Viking Playground, BBTS or Toys2.net personally. Alter Ego has pretty good prices typically.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
thanks! That predator looks mighty fine.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

loving hurry up BBTS!

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

profbobo posted:

This picture is hilarious, and I'm not sure if it's intentional. Predator thrusting while Brando is bored in the background, thinking, "Aw geez, there he goes with the pelvis action again."

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Can we get a pic with the pred giving Brando a lap dance?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The SDCC Wonder Twins packaging is without a doubt, the craziest toy packaging ever. You really have to watch until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglwWTgCE3o

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Unintentional!

Fish Of Doom posted:

This picture is hilarious, and I'm not sure if it's intentional. Predator thrusting while Brando is bored in the background, thinking, "Aw geez, there he goes with the pelvis action again."

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mattel has finally set up a section on their site for the Ghostbusters line.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.17846500

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Fish Of Doom posted:

The SDCC Wonder Twins packaging is without a doubt, the craziest toy packaging ever. You really have to watch until the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QglwWTgCE3o

I came here to post this. This packaging is just insane and wonderful. Makes me want one!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, god, what? :aaa:

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
that's gonna be some crazy articulation, joints on EVERYTHING. Its gonna take like 2 hours to transform optimus.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
It's fake from what I have heard.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

General Wishy posted:

It's fake from what I have heard.
There's no way it's real. Why would Hasbro, a toy company, license out its toys to another toy company?

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

There's no way it's real. Why would Hasbro, a toy company, license out its toys to another toy company?

Doesn't Takara do Masterpiece G1 Transformers? I could see maybe possibly Hot Toys being able to do movie ones that would fit with them.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah they've never done that before.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
It's fake; look at the legal. It's from the Golgo toy. It's not unheard of that a toy company would license out their licenses (i.e. Sideshow making GI Joe toys), but that's definitely fake.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
Those of you out there collecting battlestar figures, make sure you get your preorders in. Whether figures ever see stores in some cases depends on preorders. For whatever reason they don't show up under the Diamond ordering page, but the item numbers can be found on diamondcomics.com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I figured I'd share my latest custom, The Umbrella Academy. I've spent the last two months making these and I'm finally done. They're a cross between the actual art, the concept art, and also more realistically proportioned.