Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Hahaha the new manchester united away shirt is black with a blue chevron and it looks gaudy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
awful. again.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
What in the gently caress are united thinking

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Craiglen posted:

What in the gently caress are united thinking

This is an interesting point, how much say (if any) do you reckon clubs have when it comes to new kits, I mean surely someone at United realised that was poo poo, and surely they would have said something if they had the chance to change it.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

The whole arsenal red-on-sleeves thing taught me, the general attittude of the outfitter is to view it as a privilege, a royal favor to the club being sponsored.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

TheGoatFeeder posted:

This is an interesting point, how much say (if any) do you reckon clubs have when it comes to new kits, I mean surely someone at United realised that was poo poo, and surely they would have said something if they had the chance to change it.

Of anyone you'd think United would have the clout to tell their designers to gently caress off. Is that stripe laser blue? It looks like it.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
I just can't fathom how United as a whole could decide that that kit and indeed the whole V thing in general was/is a good idea. It isn't. That's putting it mildly. I'll have to keep reminding all my relatives not to buy me any united shirts this Christmas.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Has there ever been a case of a player refusing to play/be sold to another club because he despises a strip that much?

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Has there ever been a case of a player refusing to play/be sold to another club because he despises a strip that much?

Is this a serious post?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Yeah, footballers are arrogant petulant cunts. I could easily see one of them throwing a hissy fit. I'm just wondering if it's actually happened.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Yeah, footballers are arrogant petulant cunts. I could easily see one of them throwing a hissy fit.

OK, then no.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
Freddie Kanoute refused to wear the Seville shirt because it had a gambling site sponsoring it. I think he is a Muslim and Muslims are not allowed to gamble unless maybe he just lost €90 on a game of poker against what was CLEARLY a bot

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Fergie banned a kit in 1995, including making the players change shirts at halftime because he didn't think the players could see each other on the pitch.

For reference.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
I have that full kit somewhere.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Craiglen posted:

I have that full kit somewhere.

I bought the shirt on eBay a year or two ago for a cool :10bux: shipped.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the only new united kit that looks good is the goalkeeper one with the red chevron on white

this is because this is the only kit actually based on the kit it is supposed to be paying homage to

if we'd had a white home shirt for a year, i wouldn't have bitched at all, for the record

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Yeah, footballers are arrogant petulant cunts. I could easily see one of them throwing a hissy fit. I'm just wondering if it's actually happened.

Johann Cruyff wouldn't wear the Dutch shirt with the Adidas three stripes on the sleave because he had a contract with Puma, so his shirts always had two stripes.

Article here

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Holy gently caress. That is absolutely terrible.

What are United thinking :psyduck:

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK
Nice to see a thread which makes Grievo look like an idiot!

The Acolyte
May 21, 2007

Ka0 posted:

Am I the only one that likes this?

(yes)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Directorman posted:

Holy gently caress. That is absolutely terrible.

What are United thinking :psyduck:

They were thinking that since Dick Grayson isn't Nightwing anymore, someone has to be.

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

duckmaster posted:

Nice to see a thread which makes Grievo look like an idiot!

What? How, exactly?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The Acolyte posted:

(yes)

I don't have a problem with the colours but the Chevron in those colours just doesn't work for me at all.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dudley posted:

I don't have a problem with the colours but the Chevron in those colours just doesn't work for me at all.

Either a white chevron or a red chevron would have worked better. The blue is awful.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I don't even mind so much the colours. It's just the chevron doesn't flow onto the sides or the sleeves or anything and looks daft just plopped on the front like that.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Shrapnac posted:

Fergie banned a kit in 1995, including making the players change shirts at halftime because he didn't think the players could see each other on the pitch.

For reference.

Still have my Cantona 7 one of this!

That new away shirt is horrible though, even the badge barely fits on that chevron. I miss the all black training kit we had a few years back so much. I also think that recent Spiderman kit was hideous too.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Still wary on the new Rangers kit, want to see how the away and third templates go but it looks better than some of the crap we've had. :)

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

The Acolyte posted:

(yes)

I think so, indeed. I kinda like the home shirt but this is too much even for me.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

New Juventus away kit GNAARRRRGH

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Ka0 posted:

GNAARRRRGH

I posted not even a page ago about how I go cuckoo for diagonal stripes, but I take it all back. That thing is hideous. It's so monochromatic.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Their home kit are black and white stripes, who are they going to use gray-presidential-band kit against?

Damion
Oct 21, 2004

Fight, fight fight, for the blue, green and white

Irn--Bru posted:

I don't even mind so much the colours. It's just the chevron doesn't flow onto the sides or the sleeves or anything and looks daft just plopped on the front like that.

What's worse is that the chevron doesn't even look like a chevron when in use--check the Michael Owen signing pics to see how the chevron appears when not laid flat or worn in a kit marketing photo.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Irn--Bru posted:

Yeah that would help a lot, maybe wrap it wound the back of the arm to the sides?

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Did we laugh at Evertons away kit yet?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

c0burn posted:

AFC Parmo live!

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I posted not even a page ago about how I go cuckoo for diagonal stripes, but I take it all back. That thing is hideous. It's so monochromatic.

I think it's absolutely stunning. What's wrong with monochromatism?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

c0burn posted:

Yes, but no-one believed that it was real.

I still don't.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

ibroxmassive posted:

Yes, but no-one believed that it was real.

I still don't.

Stephen Ireland just handed in a transfer request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
I'm sure there's a pink elephant joke in here somewhere