Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

rivals posted:

I thought Guns Up! broke up a year or so ago?

They did. I'm guessing they're trying to cash in on popularity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

acup posted:

Just playing the occasional shows for an ridiculously large rider

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

acup posted:

I didnčt even think hardcore was really still that popular, at least not youth crewish stuff. Since all the good Rivalry+b9 bands broke up I havent started listening to anything new.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Dickeye posted:

So for the six people that aren't me that like Screeching Weasel, Ben released The Brain That Wouldn't Die last week

I picked it up on emusic and maaaaan it's good

I mean it's nothing new but it's still really fun

I had no idea this was released! loving ordering right now! Screeching Weasel has been my all time favorite pop punk band since middle school. How the hell did this get by me? Besides the fact they haven't released anything new since 2000... Wasn't there talk about a reunion about a year ago? Although I think there's talk about that every year but nothing ever pans out.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Just saw Hatred Surge and Mammoth Grinder in tempe AZ. It was intense. Super tiny room, barely any A/C, 100+ (degrees of fahrenheit, not people) in the room. The drummer for hatred surge looked like he was ready to die! Go see them if they are close to you, both bands played super tight sets. Hatred Surge played Farce, it was awesome.

Also got the man is the bastard/crossed out split for like 5 bucks today so thats cool too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sharon is Karen posted:

I had no idea this was released! loving ordering right now! Screeching Weasel has been my all time favorite pop punk band since middle school. How the hell did this get by me? Besides the fact they haven't released anything new since 2000... Wasn't there talk about a reunion about a year ago? Although I think there's talk about that every year but nothing ever pans out.

They actually are doing a reunion for sure now

It's Weasel, Vapid, and some other dudes, including the new Riverdales drummer. No Jughead, though, but that's OK gently caress Jughead the best thing he ever contributed was the riff in Cindy

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Iron Lung posted:

Just saw Hatred Surge and Mammoth Grinder in tempe AZ.

Might be going to this in San Jose this weekend, not sure if I feel like making the drive though.

Moodz
May 11, 2007
the gym is neutral territory

Competition posted:

Just playing the occasional shows for an ridiculously large rider

pretty much this, a few fests here and there this summer. That said, I'm still glad that I'll be getting to see them in Philly in August at This Is Hardcore since I never got the chance to see them live the first time around. Speaking of which, anybody going to that this year? The line up's pretty solid. Especially stoked for The Slumlords and The Carrier.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Which goon is in xbrainiax? I wish I wasn't too sick to see them tonight in Boise.

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Dickeye posted:

They actually are doing a reunion for sure now

It's Weasel, Vapid, and some other dudes, including the new Riverdales drummer. No Jughead, though, but that's OK gently caress Jughead the best thing he ever contributed was the riff in Cindy

I still want Juggy back...

But I refuse to believe a reunion until I see it.

I can die happy if they just put out one more album along the lines of my brain hurts, anthem for a new tomorrow, and the good stuff from kill the musicians. What did you think about that ben weasel and his iron string quartet thing that came out last year? I thought most of it was pretty solid and would have made great screeching weasel songs with more influence of vapid and juggy.

Sharon is Karen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 2, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
that was my general impression of it, too. It was all just really poppy Weasel stuff, which makes sense.

The reunion I see happening at least for tours, and we're definitely getting at least one more Riverdales album from Ben, Vapid, and the new drummer. It comes out the....14th

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
ChaosNonMusica is in XBrainiaX

Unfun
Feb 20, 2007
which active hardcore bands have the best lyrics? i haven't paid attention in like 3 years, recommend me something good

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

Unfun posted:

which active hardcore bands have the best lyrics? i haven't paid attention in like 3 years, recommend me something good

Brainworms!

Unfun
Feb 20, 2007

Capitan Dad posted:

Brainworms!

Thank you. I just listened to all of Swear to Me and it was fantastic, even though I couldn't make out most of the lyrics.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Unfun posted:

Thank you. I just listened to all of Swear to Me and it was fantastic, even though I couldn't make out most of the lyrics.

they're all about smoking weed, drinking beer, being fat, having a beard, wearing a flannel etc (I'm p. sure)

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Capitan Dad posted:

they're all about smoking weed, drinking beer, being fat, having a beard, wearing a flannel etc (I'm p. sure)

rzl dzl?

In all seriousness, I think hosed Up have some of the most awesome lyrics this side of anything but than again I'm ready to put Mike's dick in my mouth so....

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Active: Punch. Inactive: Gather. Inactive/joke: Dead Serious.

EDIT: That reminds me. 7gen's last show date is set for late October. While I don't care too much about that apparently Gather is playing a reuinion show for it so I'll probably end up down there. I think it's in San Diego and I want to say Time For Change, maybe Pussy Whipped and a few other are playing.

rivals fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 4, 2009

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
flyer for that show:

Brendo
Apr 7, 2009

Primitive

Unfun posted:

The Endless Blockade have great lyrics but unless you've read them you probably won't be able to understand poo poo.

Weekend Nachos songs always have great lyrics as well. Also, if you are into powerviolence you should check out their new album.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Aerosols also have some of my favorite lyrics, but only for their simplicity/bluntness. Also, Brutal Knights.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Isn't Stephen from Ampere in Aerosols as well? I haven't gotten around to listening to them yet though.

Iron Lung posted:

flyer for that show:

Oh yeah, forgot Abandon's playing too. Great band with even better kids. I really don't want to drive to SD though.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Brendo posted:

Weekend Nachos songs always have great lyrics as well. Also, if you are into powerviolence you should check out their new album.

Haha. I hope this is a joke. The new album is sooooo nu-metal. Its terrible. And so very awesome. But so terrible.

rivals posted:

Isn't Stephen from Ampere in Aerosols as well? I haven't gotten around to listening to them yet though.

Speaking of Ampere members, someone from them drums (i think) in this new band Vaccine. i dont have a myspace link but the demo i heard is incredible. in the vein of low threat profile and threatener.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Active Minds: Best band, best lyrics, legit lifers. TRUTH.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

rivals posted:

It's kind of a hodgepodge of members from Western Mass, and Stephen is one of them. Also, one of the dudes from Wasteland.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

Iron Lung posted:

Speaking of Ampere members, someone from them drums (i think) in this new band Vaccine. i dont have a myspace link but the demo i heard is incredible. in the vein of low threat profile and threatener.

yes it's will killingsworth (orchid)

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Capitan Dad posted:

yes it's will killingsworth (orchid)

Orchid is his most famous project, however, he's been in about 10 million other bands. I think he starts a new project every other week. Complaints is his newest shindig. Him and Mark McCoy will never ever leave hardcore...

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Not to mention they are in Failures together. I love them both way too much. Also wtf I didn't know he played drums too, ridiculous.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Sort of, their stupid hatred of black metal is ridiculous. The band is awesome though.

radikewlism
Jan 4, 2007

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Love this band, but I ignore everything said during their sets that isn't one of their songs.

Also, been listening to old xfilesx and Drown in my Puke rules so loving hard.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

baberaham lincoln posted:

Orchid is his most famous project, however, he's been in about 10 million other bands. I think he starts a new project every other week. Complaints is his newest shindig. Him and Mark McCoy will never ever leave hardcore...

orchid is the best one :|

though I dig Vaccine, Failures, Ampere (Ampere a lot)

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Sharon is Karen posted:

But I refuse to believe a reunion until I see it.

They're headlining one of the Riot Fest shows in Chicago in October.

Sharon is Karen posted:

What did you think about that ben weasel and his iron string quartet thing that came out last year? I thought most of it was pretty solid and would have made great screeching weasel songs with more influence of vapid and juggy.

Fidatevi was awesome.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
These Ones Are Bitter was better though

And Brain That Wouldn't Die is better than that

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Capitan Dad posted:

orchid is the best one :|

though I dig Vaccine, Failures, Ampere (Ampere a lot)

Ampere is better than Orchid.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Saving throw have the best lyrics.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

albear posted:

that's not true and you know it !

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

albear posted:

Vaccine is better than both!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

That is a bold claim. I will have to listen to them now.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Then again i could never get into orchid so it might just be me. new hatred surge is seriously incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Anyone else pick up the new Narrows EP, New Distances? I can't believe how much I missed Dave Verellen's vocals until I gave it a spin. It's no Botch, but goddammit, what is?

Beanpants fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 7, 2009