Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cool thing: that dude who does Garfield Minus Garfield digs Darkseid Minus :D

d00gZ inspired this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firzen
Sep 23, 2008
Another winner Gavok. I like to think its Doom remincising rather than fantasizing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I just like how things are drawn more cartoony in Doom's mind. It's redeeming.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
So an Englishman, a Frenchman, and Johnny Storm, the Human Torch are captured by the Nazis...

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Elijya posted:

So an Englishman, a Frenchman, and Johnny Storm, the Human Torch are captured by the Nazis...
I love you man.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

And I love Suben for posting that. I've watched that video 4 or 5 times since he linked it the other day.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'm clearly missing the reference.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lamuella posted:

I'm clearly missing the reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokEgUTI2vI
Miss no more!

Freak LaFreak
Jan 7, 2008

The Freakster

Vincent posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokEgUTI2vI
Miss no more!
That is all sorts of brilliant. Villains acting completely petty is just always funny.

I also love Doom's insistence on always saying The Fantastic Four's full titles. Johnny Storm, The Human Torch, asks, "does anyone have a light?"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Special for this weekend.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Another winner, good sir

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

So which Superman is Randy Quaid in that scenario?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Oatgan posted:

So which Superman is Randy Quaid in that scenario?

Pariah is obviously Randy Quaid.

"Those Monitors DID STUFF to me, man!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Meanwhile, Old Superman will be punching Anti-Monitor while yelling, "WELCOME TO EARF-2!"

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Gavok posted:

Special for this weekend.

Way to go, Wonder Woman and Superman. "I have no problem with this Superboy joining us." "And I can certainly vouch for his powers." Man, if the two of you could take THAT decision back....

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I also like Aquaman's reaction of "Jesus Christ, man! We get it! Let's go!"

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Residue posted:

Big ol' spoiler for X-Factor 39, as it goes through a few different pages, but - the baby ends up being a sort of dupe, so when Jaime holds him, he absorbs him. Not surprisingly, everyone freaks out and it's a terribly depressing moment for all.

Since Madrox remembers things his dupes do/have done, does this mean he now knows what the inside of Siryn's womb looks like?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

partipo posted:

Since Madrox remembers things his dupes do/have done, does this mean he now knows what the inside of Siryn's womb looks like?

do you know what the inside of your mother's womb looks like?

Flater
Oct 20, 2006

Ask me about sucking Batman's dick

Lamuella posted:

What if he says yes?

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Lamuella posted:

In my defense, I didn't reabsorb the memories of a newborn duplicate child of myself, so I'm not sure it's the same thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Since Jamie has the ability to produce dupes with unique aspects of his personality/experiences, does that mean he can create a baby dupe now? And would it have the full consciousness of the baseline Jamie but trapped in a baby's body? Could this mean a mutant Look Who's Talking revival in the future?!

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

McSpanky posted:

Since Jamie has the ability to produce dupes with unique aspects of his personality/experiences, does that mean he can create a baby dupe now? And would it have the full consciousness of the baseline Jamie but trapped in a baby's body? Could this mean a mutant Look Who's Talking revival in the future?!

This already happened. He absorbed the baby once it was born. This has been covered on this page.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

d00gZ posted:

This already happened. He absorbed the baby once it was born. This has been covered on this page.

I think he means, can he do so deliberately? Also, I think he's joking. :downs:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Madrox has a serious strategic weakness with his current powers: no range at all. Producing baby dupes at will would provide him with a ranged option.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

Madrox has a serious strategic weakness with his current powers: no range at all. Producing baby dupes at will would provide him with a ranged option.

I'm going to get a career in comics solely so I can make this scene a reality

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Back to a serious note, it was complete bullshit when he tactically had Northstar punch him at superspeed in order to produce dupes quickly enough that it would propel him and whoever he was holding to his target. I think this was sometime just before he gave mouth to mouth to that dying genoshan.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

invalid user posted:

Back to a serious note, it was complete bullshit when he tactically had Northstar punch him at superspeed in order to produce dupes quickly enough that it would propel him and whoever he was holding to his target.

Isn't that how Multi Man does it?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Satch posted:

Isn't that how Multi Man does it?

See, this is what comics should be about today. A "band" of super heroes, who in their off time (from being "Crime Fighters" in "The war against Crime") are a musical band. Not only that, but the musical band shares the name of the super hero team, features the same number of members (all of the same gender) and at least one matching hairstyle and "No one would susspect who they really are"

Back to Madrox, can he control the direction in which his multiples are generated? For example, facing him, if you hit him with a right cross (moving your fist from right to left) would the double automatically appear behind and to the left (that would be your left, BTW) of the original? Or can he generate copies in any direction, giving him the ability to manifest a human pyramid, which he can re-absorb once at the top?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

See, this is what comics should be about today. A "band" of super heroes, who in their off time (from being "Crime Fighters" in "The war against Crime") are a musical band. Not only that, but the musical band shares the name of the super hero team, features the same number of members (all of the same gender) and at least one matching hairstyle and "No one would susspect who they really are"

Back to Madrox, can he control the direction in which his multiples are generated? For example, facing him, if you hit him with a right cross (moving your fist from right to left) would the double automatically appear behind and to the left (that would be your left, BTW) of the original? Or can he generate copies in any direction, giving him the ability to manifest a human pyramid, which he can re-absorb once at the top?

Yes, he can control where they are generated. He has deliberately created dupes from his hand after putting it into someone's mouth, with messy results.

Gassire
Dec 30, 2004

"They're people. Deeply flawed, yes, but deeply human too. And maybe that's saying the same thing."
Well not deliberately, he put his hand in their mouth as an interrogation threat, then one of his psycho dupes smacked him upside the head.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gassire posted:

Well not deliberately, he put his hand in their mouth as an interrogation threat, then one of his psycho dupes smacked him upside the head.

I think SeriousFrolicking is talking about the X-Factor annual in which Mephisto brought back PAD's in-joke three anti-mutant scientist brothers, all of whom accidentally killed themselves when their experiments had unforeseen consquences. One of them was a humanoid lizard who chomped down on Multiple Man's arm, who, in a panic, stomped his foot, creating a dupe inside the lizardman. While Madrox and his gore-covered dupe are standing in shock, Quicksilver comes running up to help, only to be greeted with Madrox and his dupe throwing up on his shoes.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

One of Magneto's acolytes was this monster thing, and Maddrox did the "hand in mouth, create duplicate inside" trick. It sounds similar to the scene Young Frued just described, so it either happened twice, or one of us is fuzzy on the details.

Bazooka Tooth
Nov 18, 2004
Rockin it, rockin it, clippership rockin it be the little guinea pig dig?

Elijya posted:

One of Magneto's acolytes was this monster thing, and Maddrox did the "hand in mouth, create duplicate inside" trick. It sounds similar to the scene Young Frued just described, so it either happened twice, or one of us is fuzzy on the details.

According to Wikipedia it was just the one acolyte that he did this to.

"Jamie killed the Acolyte named Mellencamp in self defense by duplicating while his hand was in Mellencamp's mouth.[14]"

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Bazooka Tooth posted:

"Jamie killed the Acolyte named Mellencamp in self defense by duplicating while his hand was in Mellencamp's mouth.[14]"

I could've sworn he did it recently in X-Factor as well, but I may be hallucinating things.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 6, 2009

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

I could've sworn he did it recently in X-Factor as well, but I may be hallucinating things.

You're right, he did. I can't remember the specific issue, but it was recent.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

maybe it's just his party trick

"Don't get Jamie drunk or he'll do the 'create a dupe in your mouth' thing again"

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Young Freud posted:

I think SeriousFrolicking is talking about the X-Factor annual in which Mephisto brought back PAD's in-joke three anti-mutant scientist brothers, all of whom accidentally killed themselves when their experiments had unforeseen consquences. One of them was a humanoid lizard who chomped down on Multiple Man's arm, who, in a panic, stomped his foot, creating a dupe inside the lizardman. While Madrox and his gore-covered dupe are standing in shock, Quicksilver comes running up to help, only to be greeted with Madrox and his dupe throwing up on his shoes.

Cloot, actually. Because Peter David is the only Marvel writer who ever uses Cloot.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Bazooka Tooth posted:

I'd just like to know who in the X-Office thought a character named Mellencamp was a good idea.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Peter David if you have to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
Not mine but shamelessly stolen from bleedingcool.com

• Locked thread