Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

MrDingleDangle posted:

yeah i love deadliest catch, but have only been able to sit through 1 or 2 after the catch episodes

Pretty much the same here, it's just unbearably boring and stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
This is seriously really sad. I feel bad for his kids.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I Am A Robot posted:

This is seriously really sad. I feel bad for his kids.

Yeah, his little girl isn't that old. :(

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

You know what I really like about Pitchmen, and what really makes me like Billy and Sully is that you can tell how much they really love Capitalism and making people's hard work pay off; and it's not just in products they actually sell on TV and make money off of themselves. The show itself has several good ideas that just aren't marketable as an infomercial ad, but the fact that they even show these products that they had to reject gives the inventor some exposure. I think it was the last episode where some man and his son touted a product(I forget what it was), and Billy and Sully both liked the product, but agreed it couldn't sell on TV; but they still did the guy a huge help by showing his product on the Discovery Channel.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
A phone interview with Sully.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/062809_billy_2.mp3

depressing as hell.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Darth Freddy posted:

A phone interview with Sully.

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/062809_billy_2.mp3

depressing as hell.

You can tell that he's on the edge of tears from his voice. :smith:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Discovery is running Season one of Deadliest Catch on weekdays at 4 starting today and a massive weekend-long marathon starting with season 2 on friday. I probably won't bother with the marathon but it's cool to see season one again back when it was all a big clusterfuck with no individual quotas.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Seriously, I'm going to miss Billy Mays more than Michael Jackson. We were just getting to know him and he was great :(

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Ema Nymton posted:

Seriously, I'm going to miss Billy Mays more than Michael Jackson. We were just getting to know him and he was great :(

I think that is what makes it sting so much. We were just getting to know Billy and he was awesome.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Angry Sig = Good Sig :colbert:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

After the Catch was worth watching this week just to see the hilarious foreign dubs of the show.

When Ben Baily shut the gently caress up and let them argue about who's boat is better was good too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Has anyone else been seeing the ads for that new Colony show? It looks like someone was playing Fallout 3 and then decided to make a reality show out of it.

...so yeah, I'm watching for at least three episodes.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

404GoonNotFound posted:

Has anyone else been seeing the ads for that new Colony show? It looks like someone was playing Fallout 3 and then decided to make a reality show out of it.

...so yeah, I'm watching for at least three episodes.
No clue if it will be good, but I sure as hell am going to watch it and give it at least 3 episodes too.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
I hadn't heard of that until you guys mentioned it, sounds good:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/about/colony.html

I'm surprised it hasn't been tried before. They're really playing up the post-apocalypse thing with the incidents which happen.

Teek fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 7, 2009

Scarecrow411
Nov 14, 2004

FREE FUNSTER
It looks like The Colony is going to be filling the Tuesday time slot left by the Alaska Experiment. This looks hot. I'll try to get some more links up to related content later tonight.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wow, Keith is a prick.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Geez, Phil and Keith bitching to themselves about fishing next to one another... maybe they'll bring it up on After The Catch.

Nice to see more of the Incentive, though. Also, it's 6 minutes till this episode's over and I don't think I've seen the Time Bandit once.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Colburn brothers seem to be trying to kill their crew, each other, and Phil's profits.

Also yeah were was the Time Bandit? :(

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I really dislike the cash cab guy.

Chef Tony
Jun 13, 2005

The Miracle Blade will stay sharp the first time, the fourth time, everytime!
There was a browser game based on Deadliest Catch called Bering Sea Online. It was created by a goon but got shut down about a year ago. Now it's back up and I'm fishing for opies. :w00t:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I don't mind Ben Bailey when I'm watching Cash Cab (better than watching local news), but those "Cash Bars" are getting really inappropriate.

Also all over this online fishing thingy.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Chef Tony posted:

There was a browser game based on Deadliest Catch called Bering Sea Online. It was created by a goon but got shut down about a year ago. Now it's back up and I'm fishing for opies. :w00t:

Oh hey. Our accounts still exist too! Captain Jens of the Helmargunnarjanjenssenson sails again!

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

I am actually hoping they go through with the Jake/Jake trade. I have been waiting for a while for Phil to snap and toss his kid over board or lock him in one of the crab cages for the trip back.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The last four episodes of One Way Out, which I guess Discovery had sitting around after they yanked that show, are airing tonight. I only ever saw the pilot, but I've got nothing else to watch tonight.

I still remember the guy having a scorpion put in his mouth and then his friend slapping his cheek to agitate it. What a jerk.

iastudent fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 9, 2009

FiTreDawG
Oct 7, 2006
We Are... Marshall

Luigi Thirty posted:

Oh hey. Our accounts still exist too! Captain Jens of the Helmargunnarjanjenssenson sails again!

The Spanish Pantalones sails again.

EXPIRED permit? BS! I'm wasting time sailing to the nearest island to get my permit.

Noghri_ViR
Oct 19, 2001

Your party has died.
Please press [ENTER] to continue to the
Las Vegas Bowl

Chef Tony posted:

HELL loving YES! I'M FISHING AGAIN!!!!!!!!

LOL. My pots have been sitting in the ocean for 2611 days. I think the crab are a little dead

Anyone remember the name of the guy who made this game?

Noghri_ViR fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jul 9, 2009

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Darth Freddy posted:

I really dislike the cash cab guy.

I've only watched the show a few times, but I find it amusing when a contestant wins, it's "Here, out on the streets of New York with you and your HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN CASH!".

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

I've only watched the show a few times, but I find it amusing when a contestant wins, it's "Here, out on the streets of New York with you and your HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN CASH!".

Yea I always thought it was weird they flash all that cash out in the open. I like it even better when he has to drop people off in a poo poo neighborhood in the middle of a construction site or something. He has a pretty funny stand-up routine and is a competent comedian, so I'd like to think these stupid Cash Bar bits are the network's idea.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Nobody on Cash Cab is ever going to a bad area. They very obviously screen who gets into the cab. My theory is that they have some guy on a radio hang out at an area where their target contestants frequent and call Baily in to pick up a group they think is promising.

edit: but he does suck on After the Catch. Cash Bar goes off at ridiculously inappropriate times, and he hasn't got the same chemistry with the captains that Mike Rowe had.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 9, 2009

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I don't understand how anybody can watch Cash Cab, or why it is on Discovery. I've never watched Dangerous Catch, or any related shows, so please tell me Cash Bar is not him dragging one of the Captains over to the bar to ask him trivia questions.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

XK posted:

I don't understand how anybody can watch Cash Cab, or why it is on Discovery. I've never watched Dangerous Catch, or any related shows, so please tell me Cash Bar is not him dragging one of the Captains over to the bar to ask him trivia questions.

It's worse.

Cash Bar is some stupid loving random siren/light show that goes off at seemingly the most inappropriate time possible and then Ben Baily asks a really loving dumb trivia question about Alaska.

Captain: "So that's how my best friend died the day before his wedding and got eaten by a shark and then his fiance died of grief and " :siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Ben Baily: TIME FOR CASH BAR WHOOOOOOOOOOOO! What is the official mammal of Alaska?!?!??!?!?!

edit: Cash Cab isn't the worst show ever, it really isn't, it's just mediocre. But that guy has no place doing After the Catch, at all. Also I'm sure it's not his fault that he's doing After the Catch.

edit 2: I might add that only like 1/10 of the Deadliest Catch guys actually live in Alaska. Most are based out of the pacific northwest/California, which makes the Alaska questions even more nonsensical.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 9, 2009

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Just reading that makes me feel embarrassed for all involved.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

XK posted:

Just reading that makes me feel embarrassed for all involved.

It's like they make it a point to wait until a) someone is talking about someone they know who has died or b) someone starts in on what could be an interesting story.

Although I can't decide if I hate the Cash Bar or the "HAY WHATCHA COOKING :buddy:" moments worse. They both suck so hard.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000

Noghri_ViR posted:

Anyone remember the name of the guy who made this game?

Yea it's me. The hassles around running the game worked themselves out and I just didn't have the heart to let the domain lapse so I quietly turned it back on. I was hoping to spend some special time coding features over the last month or two but while that hasn't been able to happen yet, it's still a pretty playable time-waster at the moment though. Old accounts ought to be working fine (um, except for the 2000+ day old soaking pots :P).

I'd have tossed up a new thread, but "goon game threads" seem pretty tired out at the moment and didn't really want to get beat up over it at all. Especially, since I'm not in real active development on it right now.

Anyways, all I really wanted to know was if there was an episode of Deadliest Catch this last Tuesday? And what's the deal with the Incentive? They seemed pretty cool, but got dropped like a hot potato pretty fast.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

XK posted:

Cash Cab is fun for watching people gently caress up easy questions. Especially when they look like PHIZ rejects and get booted into the rain several blocks from their destination.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Campbell posted:

Anyways, all I really wanted to know was if there was an episode of Deadliest Catch this last Tuesday? And what's the deal with the Incentive? They seemed pretty cool, but got dropped like a hot potato pretty fast.

Yes there was, and there was actually more coverage of the Incentive this time.

Noghri_ViR
Oct 19, 2001

Your party has died.
Please press [ENTER] to continue to the
Las Vegas Bowl

Campbell posted:

Yea it's me. The hassles around running the game worked themselves out and I just didn't have the heart to let the domain lapse so I quietly turned it back on. I was hoping to spend some special time coding features over the last month or two but while that hasn't been able to happen yet, it's still a pretty playable time-waster at the moment though. Old accounts ought to be working fine (um, except for the 2000+ day old soaking pots :P).

I'd have tossed up a new thread, but "goon game threads" seem pretty tired out at the moment and didn't really want to get beat up over it at all. Especially, since I'm not in real active development on it right now.

Thanks for bringing it back. I love being able to only have to check in on this game 2-3 times a day and still do pretty well. I was the guy who gave you the smoking crab picture.

So what were the problems with running the game. Was it discovery or can you tell us?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

iastudent posted:

Yes there was, and there was actually more coverage of the Incentive this time.
And no Time Bandit coverage. :(

I don't care if they have less drama than the other boats; I want to see the Hillstrand crew partying it up as the ship rides a solid wave of opelia crabs back to port.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

iastudent posted:

The last four episodes of One Way Out, which I guess Discovery had sitting around after they yanked that show, are airing tonight. I only ever saw the pilot, but I've got nothing else to watch tonight.

I still remember the guy having a scorpion put in his mouth and then his friend slapping his cheek to agitate it. What a jerk.

I really enjoyed that show and it should continue :(

Also did they ever air the episode of Mythbusters that caused a bunch of windows to break miles away? I missed an episode and the weeks after that were all reruns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH
For anyone that missed it, "Pitchman: A Tribute to Billy Mays" premiered tonight, and is on again right now. It's REALLY loving sad, and this is coming from someone who knew little or nothing about Billy Mays until Pitchmen begain airing (other than he was the loudmouth with the immaculate beard, of course).

The scenes with his family and Sully crying while talking about him are really hard to watch :(

• Locked thread