Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Herv posted:

RANCID should do what you want. For hand storing multiple copies of documents you can use Visual Source Safe or CVS or some other version control system.

RANCID's Clogin is next to godly.

Another recommendation for RANCID, it's essentially a bunch of scripts that run with crontab and dump your configs into CVS or SVN. I have mine setup to be redundant so it'll keep all changes stored in a semi-fault tolerant way. It's great if you have more than one net admin, if any changes are made you're emailed and if it's wrong or stupid you can totally know about it and revert changes if you have to.

It also works with all kind of switches and network gear and it's free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Just received the first of my two 881s, and thought maybe people would be interested in how they compare to the 871s.

They're

code:
Cisco 871 (MPC8272) processor (revision 0x300) with 118784K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FHK123825SE
MPC8272 CPU Rev: Part Number 0xC, Mask Number 0x10
5 FastEthernet interfaces
128K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
24576K bytes of processor board System flash (Intel Strataflash)
code:
Cisco 881 (MPC8300) processor (revision 0x100) with 249856K/12288K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID FTX132383NH

5 FastEthernet interfaces
256K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
125440K bytes of ATA CompactFlash (Read/Write)
So twice the RAM, twice the NVRAM, lots more onboard flash. Only one USB slot though, instead of two on the 871.

Here's where things get interesting: the 881 is running C880DATA-UNIVERSALK9-M, which is a combination of both the ADVSECURITY and ADVIPSERVICES IOS images. You enable the license for ADVIPSERVICES with the following:
code:
Router#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
Router(config)#license boot ?
  module  which module to boot

Router(config)#license boot module ?
  c880-data  license boot module

Router(config)#license boot module c88
Router(config)#license boot module c880-data ?
  level  which level to boot

Router(config)#license boot module c880-data level ?
  advipservices  advipservices level
  advsecurity    advsecurity level

Router(config)#license boot module c880-data level advip
Router(config)#license boot module c880-data level advipservices ?
  <cr>

Router(config)#license boot module c880-data level advipservices
PLEASE  READ THE  FOLLOWING TERMS  CAREFULLY. INSTALLING THE LICENSE OR
LICENSE  KEY  PROVIDED FOR  ANY CISCO  PRODUCT  FEATURE  OR  USING SUCH
PRODUCT  FEATURE  CONSTITUTES  YOUR  FULL ACCEPTANCE  OF  THE FOLLOWING
TERMS. YOU MUST NOT PROCEED FURTHER IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO  BE BOUND
BY ALL THE TERMS SET FORTH HEREIN.

You hereby  acknowledge  and  agree that  the  product feature  license
is terminable and that the product  feature  enabled  by  such  license
may  be  shut  down or  terminated by  Cisco  after  expiration of  the
applicable  term  of  the license  (e.g., 30-day  trial  period). Cisco
reserves the  right to terminate or shut down  any such product feature
electronically  or by  any other  means available. While alerts or such
messages  may  be provided, it is  your sole  responsibility to monitor
your terminable  usage of any  product  feature enabled by  the license
and to ensure that your systems and  networks are prepared for the shut
down of the product feature. You acknowledge  and agree that Cisco will
not have any liability  whatsoever for  any damages, including, but not
limited to, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages related
to any product  feature  being shutdown or terminated. By clicking  the
"accept" button  or typing "yes" you are  indicating  you have read and
agree to be bound by all the terms provided herein.

ACCEPT? [yes/no]: yes
Router(config)#
*Jul  7 18:14:47.395: %IOS_LICENSE_IMAGE_APPLICATION-6-LICENSE_LEVEL: Module name = c880-data Next reboot level = advipservices and License = advipservices
*Jul  7 18:14:47.451: %LICENSE-6-EULA_ACCEPTED: EULA for feature advipservices 1.0 has been accepted. UDI=CISCO881-K9:FTX132383NH; StoreIndex=0:Evaluation License Storage
Router(config)#
Router(config)#exi
Router#show license
Index 1 Feature: advipservices
        Period left: 8  weeks 4  days
        License Type: Evaluation
        License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted
        License Priority: Low
Index 2 Feature: advsecurity
        Period left: Life time
        License Type: Permanent
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Priority: Medium

Router#
*Jul  7 18:15:00.807: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by console
Ugh. On-box licensing here we come. What could possibly go wrong?

Bonus picture of 881 compared to 871:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite
Is there any reason that one wouldn't have full mesh for iBGP? I've inherited a scenario where everything is meshed together with the exception of the core boxes.

code:
Border1---Border2
  |\        /|
  | \      / |
  |  \    /  |
  |   \  /   |
  |    \/    |
  |    /\    |
  |   /  \   |
  |  /    \  |
  | /      \ |
  |/        \|
 Core1     Core2

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

Herv posted:

RANCID should do what you want. For hand storing multiple copies of documents you can use Visual Source Safe or CVS or some other version control system.

I just installed this, and it's pretty sweet. Thanks!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

jwh posted:

Ugh. On-box licensing here we come. What could possibly go wrong?

Looks like 'Party over Wayne'. I wish they left this to their firewalls.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Herv posted:

Is there something like this for the Windows platform?

How much poo poo am I going to cop using Windows? I've done it my whole life, I've developed in it at University, I design and support Windows networks in my current role (AD, Win2k3 + Win2k8, I'm not a helpdesk guy with mad Office skills) and I've always used it. Obviously I'm really comfortable there and pretty much anything that happens or goes wrong I usually know what to do.

As I'm moving towards doing network engineering as my main gig, it's becoming increasingly obvious I'm usually the only one in the team using MS. Now I know enough IOS and spend a lot of time there, I can see the benefits of the CLI interface over a GUI and appreciate knowing more about how something actually works rather than following wizards and hitting 'next'.

Do I need to start down the open source road to have credence as a 'real' networking guy? Am I going to try and leave my current job with my new CCNA and the experience I've got, to find most employers looking at me weird when I say 'oh no, I've never used UNIX/Linux'. Most of the ISP Cisco guys I talk to don't even have Windows workstations if they wanted them, it's all UNIX.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
As long as you have a good terminal program (I like SecureCRT), the host OS doesn't matter in the slightest. People at Cisco use OS X, UNIX, and Windows, it really doesn't matter.

Aside from programs like RANCID or whatever which are designed to make your life easier managing large networks, you can organize your devices however you want. When I was working in a lab with a couple hundred devices, I had a spreadsheet and a couple of directories on my laptop to keep them organized. That coupled with the sorted TFTP server was enough for my needs, but then again I was only working with a team of maybe 4 others, so we didn't step on each others toes very often at all, and we were all local.

I really wouldn't worry about your "cred" just make sure that you are using the right tools for the job, and if they don't exist create them.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Tony Montana posted:

I Am I going to try and leave my current job with my new CCNA and the experience I've got, to find most employers looking at me weird when I say 'oh no, I've never used UNIX/Linux'. Most of the ISP Cisco guys I talk to don't even have Windows workstations if they wanted them, it's all UNIX.

To be honest it does sound a bit weird to me, but not crazy. Especially if you naturally don't like being confused and befuddled and prefer a comfort zone. Even with a woman to keep happy I have lost many a weekend deep diving into something new.

One of the main draws for me is the challenge of 'I bet I can get this to do everything that <x> did, it's just a little different'.

I have lost many a weekend on unix/linux, sys-v/bsd adventure. In truth I lost nothing, gained a lot! Maybe I am a 'dented can' but I will not lie, I love immersing myself in things, and unix fits the bill sometimes.

http://admin.com/

The LSAH and USAH are probably worth their weight in gold to you right now. Read them like the holy books they are. ;)

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Unix is good to know, but that's mostly because network people have historically been saddled with a handful of network services platforms, and those platforms have often been Unix based. BIND boxes, for instance. A handful of commercial firewall offerings still run on Unix underpinnings.

So it's good to know, but probably not as essential as it once was.

I'm a Windows on the desktop guy all the way, and that's not a dig on OSX or Unix, it's just easier to have our Systems group reimage my machine or give me a new one when I blow it up or spill coffee on it.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

My philosophy is to use whatever you know and like, and most importantly gets the job done on your desktop but for servers and services you use what makes sense for your environment. If you work for a company that has mostly windows servers try to keep things simple and the same. The more varied your environments the more you'll have to maintain in terms of updates, hot fixes and security.

I tend to let the developers or whoever dictate what kinds of systems they want to use for their servers and make suggestions based on what I know.

I would however suggest you at least be comfortable with BASH because more often than not you will eventually run into a device that is based on UNIX/Linux/BSD (Load Balancers, DDoS Mitigators, NetFlow Appliances, etc.).

Personally I use mainly OSX and sometimes Windows but I know plenty of net admins that use Linux only and Windows only.

Also as for something like RANCID for windows... I haven't really used many but I think SolarWinds has something but it costs money.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

Herv posted:

crypto map help

Thanks for this, it works perfectly now.

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Powercrazy posted:

As long as you have a good terminal program (I like SecureCRT), the host OS doesn't matter in the slightest. People at Cisco use OS X, UNIX, and Windows, it really doesn't matter.

I really wouldn't worry about your "cred" just make sure that you are using the right tools for the job, and if they don't exist create them.

Unless you have to use loving CTC. To hell with learning TL1.

I'd prefer windows mostly because if I'm having trouble most likely it's not reproducible from my work station and I'm SSHing into something else anyhow to troubleshoot from there so the native tools disadvantage isn't as big.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
What are you talking about TL1 is a perfectly logical language.

act-user::CISCO15:100::otbu+1;
rtrv-cond-all:::100;
apply:::100::rvrt;

Type that in on a few of your non redundant nodes and laugh as your "five 9's" become 3, and then some service provider sues you for violating the SLA.

Though seriously, if you are managing 20+ 454's learning how to do some basic stuff with TL1 and then scripting it all pays off big time.

Hell just learning VX Works can be pretty nice.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 9, 2009

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
Anyone familiar with SLAs on an ASA 5505? My SLA is working (somewhat), but the debug sla monitor trace command does not produce any results whatsoever. I'm waiting on the SmartNET info from the customer so I can call TAC, but wanted to see if anyone else has seen this.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

FatCow posted:

Unless you have to use loving CTC. To hell with learning TL1.

I'd prefer windows mostly because if I'm having trouble most likely it's not reproducible from my work station and I'm SSHing into something else anyhow to troubleshoot from there so the native tools disadvantage isn't as big.

CTC uses Java and you can get it to run on just about anything (although it can be pretty picky about JREs on Linux on older code, the 7 code is pretty forgiving).

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Cisco short question:

For those with full routes, how much memory are you currently using?

What does your "BGP using <21603220> total bytes of memory" say?

Just curious, thanks.

Richard Noggin posted:

Thanks for this, it works perfectly now.

The thread never loses. The thread always wins!

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Herv posted:

Cisco short question:

For those with full routes, how much memory are you currently using?

What does your "BGP using <21603220> total bytes of memory" say?

Just curious, thanks.

The thread never loses. The thread always wins!

code:
ASH>show ip bgp summ
284277 network entries using 34397517 bytes of memory
628790 path entries using 32697080 bytes of memory
219285/54989 BGP path/bestpath attribute entries using 16665660 bytes of memory
96838 BGP AS-PATH entries using 2542600 bytes of memory

CHI>show ip bgp summ
284309 network entries using 34401389 bytes of memory
612438 path entries using 31846776 bytes of memory
212939/53786 BGP path/bestpath attribute entries using 16183364 bytes of memory
93740 BGP AS-PATH entries using 2469600 bytes of memory
Both are 2 full feeds + ~50 peering sessions + iBGP prefixes (~350)

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

ragzilla posted:

code:
ASH>show ip bgp summ
284277 network entries using 34397517 bytes of memory
628790 path entries using 32697080 bytes of memory
219285/54989 BGP path/bestpath attribute entries using 16665660 bytes of memory
96838 BGP AS-PATH entries using 2542600 bytes of memory

CHI>show ip bgp summ
284309 network entries using 34401389 bytes of memory
612438 path entries using 31846776 bytes of memory
212939/53786 BGP path/bestpath attribute entries using 16183364 bytes of memory
93740 BGP AS-PATH entries using 2469600 bytes of memory
Both are 2 full feeds + ~50 peering sessions + iBGP prefixes (~350)

Interesting. If my math is correct (doubtful) ASH is using 82 MB memory and CHI is using just under 81 MB for BGP. I was expecting closer to 256 MB, although I haven't looked at a full table in 9 years or so.

Thanks for the numbers.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Herv posted:

Interesting. If my math is correct (doubtful) ASH is using 82 MB memory and CHI is using just under 81 MB for BGP. I was expecting closer to 256 MB, although I haven't looked at a full table in 9 years or so.

Thanks for the numbers.

Are you confusing the memory size of the BGP RIB with the installed FIB? On hardware forwarding platforms, it's the installed FIB which often teetered on the edge of 256k entries, which was the TCAM limit on a number of platforms such as Sup32 or non XL 720s (I think).

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

jwh posted:

Are you confusing the memory size of the BGP RIB with the installed FIB? On hardware forwarding platforms, it's the installed FIB which often teetered on the edge of 256k entries, which was the TCAM limit on a number of platforms such as Sup32 or non XL 720s (I think).

You know jwh, I hope you make a fuckton of money. Your knowledge of this stuff is insane.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Richard Noggin posted:

You know jwh, I hope you make a fuckton of money. Your knowledge of this stuff is insane.

Eh, I do okay. I'm pretty much right in the middle of the pay-scale bell curve for a tier 3 network engineer living in a tertiary market. If I went and got a CCNA or CCNP I could probably rake more dollars. Or if I moved to a city.

There are lot of people here in SH/SC that know a lot. It's pretty nice that a forum I would read anyway also has good network people hanging out.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

jwh posted:

I confuse easily for sure, but yes I was asking about the Active BGP Entries (FIB). In short, how much memory was taken up by the actual routing table. Do you know how to check the size of the RIB? Show ip cef <something?>

When I compare my active BGP routing memory allocation to the global process, the memory overhead is certainly more globally (as you would expect).

Just an example:

code:
Router#sh ip bgp sum
BGP router identifier 209.230.198.x, local AS number 26xxx
BGP table version is 278667, main routing table version 278667
109218 network entries using 12778506 bytes of memory
109222 path entries using 5679544 bytes of memory
21130/21128 BGP path/bestpath attribute entries using 2620120 bytes of memory
18596 BGP AS-PATH entries using 533756 bytes of memory
0 BGP route-map cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
0 BGP filter-list cache entries using 0 bytes of memory
BGP using 21611926 total bytes of memory   <-- this was the main metric I was interested in.
BGP activity 134215/24994 prefixes, 138201/28979 paths, scan interval 60 secs
So this says 20.6 MB to me for the FIB (Partial routes - Sprint)

code:
Router#sh proc mem | inc BGP
 229   0  105248420     539188   55581840          0          0 BGP Router
 231   0          0   47551452       6972          0          0 BGP I/O
 232   0          0      65588       9972          0          0 BGP Scanner
So this says (to me) BGP Router has allocated 100MB, with 53MB in use.

What dark things are going on inside the BGP process?

Cheers

e:

jwh posted:

Eh, I do okay. I'm pretty much right in the middle of the pay-scale bell curve for a tier 3 network engineer living in a tertiary market. If I went and got a CCNA or CCNP I could probably rake more dollars. Or if I moved to a city.

You are not alone on that one, (no certs) my CCNA was based on the Introduction to Cisco Router Configuration curriculum, and my CCNP was based on the ACRC (1998-1999). Your average CCNA today would probably light me up with new facts and information, and remembering stuff I had forgotten from lack of use.

One of these days... I might just dust off that horse again. Screw the city though.

Herv fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 9, 2009

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Herv posted:

I confuse easily for sure, but yes I was asking about the Active BGP Entries (FIB). In short, how much memory was taken up by the actual routing table. Do you know how to check the size of the RIB? Show ip cef <something?>
Well, on a hardware forwarding platform (ie. 6500) you can use 'show mls cef summary' to show how many routes and of what type are installed into CEF (ie., FIB).

On both hardware and software forwarding platforms, use 'show ip route summary' to list the number of routes and size of the RIBs.

Obviously you don't have the FIB limitation on software forwarding boxes, and are primarily RAM limited instead.

Ragz probably has a much better understanding of this than I do, since he has multiple full feeds to hardware forwarding platforms, whereas I don't have any full feeds these days.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

jwh posted:

Well, on a hardware forwarding platform (ie. 6500) you can use 'show mls cef summary' to show how many routes and of what type are installed into CEF (ie., FIB).

On both hardware and software forwarding platforms, use 'show ip route summary' to list the number of routes and size of the RIBs.

Obviously you don't have the FIB limitation on software forwarding boxes, and are primarily RAM limited instead.

Ragz probably has a much better understanding of this than I do, since he has multiple full feeds to hardware forwarding platforms, whereas I don't have any full feeds these days.
Yep, I am just using software router for this, so my memory is under scrutiny here.

The show ip route summary is what threw me off the trail actually. I was expecting to see a much larger metric for the RIB. Either that or I am reading this incorrectly. Was going to post it in the last one but the numbers didn't help me.

code:
Router#sh ip route summary
IP routing table name is Default-IP-Routing-Table(0)
IP routing table maximum-paths is 16
Route Source    Networks    Subnets     Overhead    Memory (bytes)
connected       1           7           576         1088
static          1           0           72          136
eigrp 1         0           14          1008        1904
bgp 26xxx       55029       54103       7857504     14856232
  External: 108400 Internal: 732 Local: 0
internal        1483                                1714348
Total           56514       54124       7859160     16573708
Removing Queue Size 0
That's ok though, I am not losing sleep over it, I am just going to watch the BGP Router process since it seems to be the one place to check for global memory allocation related to BGP.

Ragz, if you have a chance could you give us a 'show proc mem | inc BGP' please?

Thanks folks.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Herv posted:

The show ip route summary is what threw me off the trail actually. I was expecting to see a much larger metric for the RIB. Either that or I am reading this incorrectly. Was going to post it in the last one but the numbers didn't help me.

Actually, I see what you mean- it looks like the held column for BGP in 'show proc mem' is roughly twice what is reported in 'show ip bgp su'. I don't know enough about IOS internals to know why that is.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Herv posted:

Yep, I am just using software router for this, so my memory is under scrutiny here.

That's ok though, I am not losing sleep over it, I am just going to watch the BGP Router process since it seems to be the one place to check for global memory allocation related to BGP.

Ragz, if you have a chance could you give us a 'show proc mem | inc BGP' please?

Thanks folks.

code:
ASH>show proc mem | inc BGP
 PID TTY  Allocated      Freed    Holding    Getbufs    Retbufs Process
 363   0 1385820000  218894820      10780         84         84 BGP Scheduler   
 444   0  879578696  800301496  222073004       1331       1331 BGP Router      
 489   0  298282488    5911304       9988    9935041    9935041 BGP I/O         
 498   0          0    1303796       9988          0          0 BGP Scanner     
 499   0          0       2056       6988          0          0 BGP Event   

ASH>show ip route summ
bgp xxxx        132131      151958      0           14781088    48863308
  External: 284073 Internal: 16 Local: 0
The BGP R process definitely holds a lot more memory than show ip bgp summ would indicate, the number in show proc mem is definitely authoritative for how much memory it's holding onto. Our number is inflated a bit because all our peering prefixes (although not our transit ones) have soft reconfig turned on (although I think everyone supports route refresh these days so we can probably turn it off), but memory's cheap on the RSP720.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Richard Noggin posted:

Heh, I've thought the same thing many times. The fact jwh doesn't even have a CCNA blows me away, really says something about the networking industry, boot camps and the real value of that cert.

jwh, I've said before but I'll say it again! Get your firm to get Cisco Partner status (it's easy, they are basically giving it away at the moment) and then do your CCNA through the Partner Education Center. It would be ridiculous for you, I seriously think from what I've seen you write you could almost take the CCNA exam cold, just brush up on stupid, unused stuff like converting into binary.

xarph
Jun 18, 2001

Tony Montana posted:

just brush up on stupid, unused stuff like converting into binary.

To be fair, you don't even need to know that for the CCNA. There are a lot of shortcuts for subnetting/supernetting that barely involve math, let alone base 2.

TheBoohi
Jan 26, 2005

Suffer not the witch to live
Does anyone have a good reference for Cisco ASA configurations? The samples in the Cisco guide are good, but I am going to be setting up a 5520 without using private addressing on the inside. We have a whole class B space and will have 100.100.10.x on the outside with 100.100.x.x on the inside (for example). The routes and NAT statements are all different enough that their examples end up being confusing.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

TheBoohi posted:

Does anyone have a good reference for Cisco ASA configurations? The samples in the Cisco guide are good, but I am going to be setting up a 5520 without using private addressing on the inside. We have a whole class B space and will have 100.100.10.x on the outside with 100.100.x.x on the inside (for example). The routes and NAT statements are all different enough that their examples end up being confusing.

Sorry I don't have anything like config references, but you just want to do a NAT 0 (0 means do NOT NAT, well it used to*) Sub netting should be the same, if you are going to bust out some of your class B for use in front of the FW.

Anything specific should get answered here within a workday.

*NAT 0 is way over 10 years old so not sure if something new came along.

TheBoohi
Jan 26, 2005

Suffer not the witch to live

Herv posted:

Sorry I don't have anything like config references, but you just want to do a NAT 0 (0 means do NOT NAT, well it used to*) Sub netting should be the same, if you are going to bust out some of your class B for use in front of the FW.

Anything specific should get answered here within a workday.

*NAT 0 is way over 10 years old so not sure if something new came along.

Thanks Herv. I'll be putting this config together and testing it in a lab soon. All of you posting in this thread are pretty awesome, so I really appreciate the help.

neroshige
Sep 17, 2007

tortilla_chip posted:

Is there any reason that one wouldn't have full mesh for iBGP? I've inherited a scenario where everything is meshed together with the exception of the core boxes.

code:
Border1---Border2
  |\        /|
  | \      / |
  |  \    /  |
  |   \  /   |
  |    \/    |
  |    /\    |
  |   /  \   |
  |  /    \  |
  | /      \ |
  |/        \|
 Core1     Core2

You might need direct peering between two border router to avoid non optimal traffic flow from one boarder to second boarder to external AS's . ( boarder1->core1->boarder2). It could be fixed by other methods.

And do you have RR ?

neroshige
Sep 17, 2007

TheBoohi posted:

There are different method.

Method one

Don't do translation for prefix that been match by noNAT ACL and do translation for 10.10.10.0 255.0.0.0
nat (inside) 0 access-list noNAT
nat (inside) 1 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0

or you can disable nat

nat (inside) 0 0 0

tortilla_chip
Jun 13, 2007

k-partite

neroshige posted:

You might need direct peering between two border router to avoid non optimal traffic flow from one boarder to second boarder to external AS's . ( boarder1->core1->boarder2). It could be fixed by other methods.

And do you have RR ?

Nope, no reflectors in this scenario.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
The existing peerings would be correct if border 1 and border 2 were a pair of clustered route reflectors.

For regular ibgp, adding a peering between core 1 and core 2 would be the only outstanding peering left to achieve full mesh ibgp.

Or if everything works now just leave it alone.

citywok
Sep 8, 2003
Born To Surf
I need to be able to enable & disable a network port from a linux box.

I've been googling, and haven't found a magic SNMP command or anything other than just having to telnet in to the switch and disable the port.

I'm testing on a cisco 2950, and would like to avoid having to telnet in to the switch and do it that way; if i do, does anybody have a good reliable script already written to do this?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

citywok posted:

I've been googling, and haven't found a magic SNMP command or anything other than just having to telnet in to the switch and disable the port.

I'm testing on a cisco 2950, and would like to avoid having to telnet in to the switch and do it that way; if i do, does anybody have a good reliable script already written to do this?

You could write a snmp trap to do it. Or just write an expect script with all the commands.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Clogin from the RANCID tool will do it pretty easy. Just need to put the host commands and login info into some easy to make config files. Pretty sure the tool is just a package now for a lotta distros. It was a package in FreeBSD, started getting some really stupid problems compiling the dependencies so just said gently caress it and pkg_add'd my way to a coffee break.

Came back, edited the files, and I can clear my auth proxy at the end of the night since the timeouts don't work in my current IOS version. (Upgrading the sups this Friday)

For SNMP I believe it's Net SNMP

With this thing you can get all sorts of real time bandwidth, cpu, anything, on a color graph. Oh yeah, will send all sorts of SNMP traps too.

Clogin (and expect I'm sure) will be the short path, cron it out if you want or invoke as needed.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

citywok posted:

If you're familiar with Perl, SNMP::Util can handle this fairly trivially (if you have a RW SNMP community set up, you just use SNMP::Util to set ifAdminStatus.<interfaceindex> to up/down- which is actually their example. Mapping interface names->numbers is an exercise left to the reader, but you'll want to look at ifName/ifDescr or ifAlias, or if you want to be lazy just check out a "show snmp mib ifmib ifindex" on the switch): http://search.cpan.org/~wmarq/SNMP-Util-1.8/Util.pm#set

ragzilla fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neroshige
Sep 17, 2007

citywok posted:

You need to have snmp community with the write permission and then you can change port status.
Basically you need to set ifAdminStatus from IF-MIB (RFC1213) to disable or enable