Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Good job! Really well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I figured I'd share my latest custom, The Umbrella Academy. I've spent the last two months making these and I'm finally done. They're a cross between the actual art, the concept art, and also more realistically proportioned.

These are so nice, must have been a fun task putting that team together.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Having just read the TPB, I really liked the character designs, and you did them justice. Great work! Have you seen the officially-licensed PVC figurine set that came out recently?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Having just read the TPB, I really liked the character designs, and you did them justice. Great work! Have you seen the officially-licensed PVC figurine set that came out recently?

I have seen it, and I'll probably get it eventually, though $40 is a bit to spend on a bunch of small PVC figures. I really wanted a 6" fully articulated line, though, so I made my own. It'd be awesome if the company that did the Hellboy comic figures did these as well so they could really capture the art style. If I run out of other customs to make, maybe I'll make a few other characters like Pogo or Hargreeves or one of the other random villains.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

General Wishy posted:

Doesn't Takara do Masterpiece G1 Transformers? I could see maybe possibly Hot Toys being able to do movie ones that would fit with them.
Takara and Hasbro co-own Transformers.

JohnThermos posted:

Yeah they've never done that before.
I'd say Transformers is a bit different from GI Joe. One lends itself to high-end super-expensive ridiculously high-detail 1:6 figures, and the other doesn't because it's a transforming toy.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So I was wandering down the toy isle at Wal-Mart today and came across the Maskless Batman Beyond figure from Wave 4 of DCUC. It was on pegs with a ton of Wave 7, so for some reason they may be packing him with that wave. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

The Rage posted:

So I was wandering down the toy isle at Wal-Mart today and came across the Maskless Batman Beyond figure from Wave 4 of DCUC. It was on pegs with a ton of Wave 7, so for some reason they may be packing him with that wave. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Yeah. I got one like that too. Weird.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bushifox posted:

Yeah. I got one like that too. Weird.

I thought they were a KB exclusive. Must be left overs that Mattel wanted to sell off.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They shipped the exclusives from KB to Walmart ... the salad shooter cyborg, and maskless batman beyond.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
Target got some as well.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
I remember when I found my maskless Terry figure in some backwater Kaybee in a run-down mall near my college, it was my proudest figure collecting moment. I almost never find variants in store, much less ones I really, really want, as I did with that one.

I've sold off most my collection, but I'm keeping that one forever out of sentimentality, along with my masked Batman Beyond figure.

Stores in my area back home don't have crap. Right now there's an Ares, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg, all wave 4 on clearance for 10.99 (Oooo, big sale) at Target. There's a few Cyborgs, a Captain Cold, and an Orion/Lightwave two-pack at Toys'r Us, and a few restock Firestorm/Wonderwomans at Wal-Mart. Target had all of Wave 4 a few weeks back, but people picked over the other ones fast.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
The biggest DCUC pegwarmers around Orlando are Mr. Miracle and Cyborg. They're even giving Superman Red and Blue and Black Manta a run for their money. From wave 7, I've only ever seen Aquaman Blue and Captain Cold in stores, and none from wave 8. If they end up discounting the pegwarmers, I wouldn't mind replacing my old brightly-colored DC Direct Mr. Miracle with the DCUC version -- but only for something like $5.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico
I saw a DCUC Blue Beetle at the grocery store yesterday. That was weird.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Satch posted:

I saw a DCUC Blue Beetle at the grocery store yesterday. That was weird.

The Smith's in my city (think southwest Meijer's) has consistently been the best DCUC provider in my town. It was the first place I found wave 2, and they had waves 3, 4, 6, and 7 after that. I was able to find a Harley figure there about a month ago for a custom I was doing. Plus they only charge $10.49

As for peg warmers here? Blue Beetle, Captain Cold, Mr. Miracle, and Cyborg. Every store has at least 2 of each of those.

I did pick up a wave 5 Atom randomly sitting on the shelf at Wal-mart the other day. I guess they just found one laying around in the stock room.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
The Meijer's near me stopped carrying ANY DC toys at all, so that's a bummer. The Wal-Mart carries wave 6 exclusively. That's it. Every one in a while I'll stop in to stores in different towns when I'm near them but as far as DCUC go, every once in a while I'll see a wave 1 or 2 figure, but that's about it. I've never seen anything else. it's a real bummer.

Chicago Comic Con is coming up here in a few weeks and I guess that's where I'll be buying a bunch of my figures for now. Hopefully they don't charge and arm and a leg for anything outside of Wave 5 Atom and Eradicator.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I don't think it's been mentioned, but Hot Toys acquired a license for the rest of the marvel movies: Spiderman, Hulk, X-men, Blade, F4, and Punisher. They're starting with a Wolvering figure from the last film. Save your money, kids.

You can even vote on the next one http://www.hottoys.com.hk/blog/?p=84&cpage=1#comment-80

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jul 19, 2009

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

I was on vacation and down by NYC, passing through Stony Point for some groceries and I saw a Flash, Captain Cold, and Blue Beetle at a Stop and Shop for $12.99. We don't have those in central NY, but I thought that was entirely random.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I was just amazed to see a Batman Beyond at all. When I started buying them my Target had that wave, but none to be found. Every other figure plus like 4 Artemis on the pegs at all times, so finding this one at Wal-Mart, and us not having had a KB toys for almost 10 years now made my week. That and the Ghostbuster minimates finally arrived, and for goofy little lego men, these are awesome.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I saw blender arm Cyborg but no batman

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Here's to you, Marvel Legends Collectors!

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_Legends%2FPreview_Night

I seriously can't believe they're making Baghead Spiderman. And hooray for a new Deadpool, now I don't have to spend $60 on one.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Here's to you, Marvel Legends Collectors!

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FHasbro%2FMarvel_Legends%2FPreview_Night

I seriously can't believe they're making Baghead Spiderman. And hooray for a new Deadpool, now I don't have to spend $60 on one.

I just came to post this. I take it all back about Hasbro. I love ya Tina. Come back to Ike!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Someone type a list for me I'm lazy.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

I just came to post this. I take it all back about Hasbro. I love ya Tina. Come back to Ike!

We've played this game before. Wait for the retail versions before you come to any conclusions about how they look.

Baghead Spider-Man was actually a long time in the making. I remember reading an interview in Toyfare about different versions of Spider-Man they wanted to make into figures, and that one was definitely on the list.

For those of us who don't follow comics, can someone list who each character is, and why Thing has two faces?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mods rename me posted:

Someone type a list for me I'm lazy.

I see Fantomex, Deadpool, some voodoo guy I dont know, Warpath, a nice looking new Hulk sculpt, Black Widow, Havok, red costume Ms Marvel, Constrictor, some zombie faced dude I dont know, that female Thor from the Ultimates, Bag head Spidey, Madrox the Multiple Man, a white costume Phoenix, X force costume Wolverine, and a couple of people I dont recognize at all.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Jamesman posted:

and why Thing has two faces?

Is that Bi-Beast?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Fantomex
McGuinness Hulk
Deadpool
Brother Voodoo
Black Widow
Warpath
Ms.Marvel (Moonstone)
Havok (the costume he's currently wearing)
Terror Inc.
Constrictor
Valkyrie
Madrox
Amazing Paper Bag Man
Phoenix (white hot room)
Nuke
Wolverine (X-force)
Hood
Lady Bullseye
Bi-Beast

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

The new Spiderman Classics Green Goblin is beautiful as well

I know there's like a 10% chance that it will look that good at retail, but still.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jamesman posted:

We've played this game before. Wait for the retail versions before you come to any conclusions about how they look.

For those of us who don't follow comics, can someone list who each character is, and why Thing has two faces?

Yea but I have actually started to repaint the Hasbro figures I have and they are good sculpts just no paint. Now I see how fantastic these can be I don't care if they are just molded out of white plastic, I can paint them.

Actually I am just fiending for new figures.

And that isn't Thing, it's Bi-Beast, Hulk villain. The McG Hulk, Bi-Beast, Valkyrie and Red King were supposed to be in the FFF Wave but got cut at the last minute. Protos for Bi-Beast and Red King have been floating around for awhile on EBay.

I am REALLY surprised we didn't get a Bucky-Cap, Extremis Iron Man, Modern Luke Cage and Iron Fist in the mix. Also the Toy Fare protos didn't make a appearance either.

The only slightly bad thing is most of these are HEAVY part swapping and body reuses. But if that equates with the wonderful paint jobs those figures have it is a welcome trade off. Oh and the more depressing they are only going to put out three of those. :(

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Still no Jean Grey or Jubilee. Le sigh.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Louisgod posted:

Still no Jean Grey or Jubilee. Le sigh.

We're getting a 4" Jim Lee style Jean Grey. Rules for people like me who collect that line, is frustratingly awful for those who don't.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jul 23, 2009

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
gently caress the world.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

We're getting a 4" Jim Lee style Jean Grey. Rules for people like me who collect that line, is frustratingly awful for those who don't.

Yea and a loving Classic Ultron along with a TON of highly wanted for YEARS figures for Legends.

At least a plus point is all of the 4 inch figures look god awful. I don't think they are getting good sculpts and paint at that scale. I have come to notice over the years that Comic characters don't translate well to a smaller size. I think it is from Comics being such a visual medium that it is very, very difficult to translate all that detail to something that is below a certain size point.

You want to see a true puke fest, look at the 4 inch Spider-Man classics figures. Most of them have 6 points of articulation with fair to "looks like it sat in the sun too long" sculpts.

All in all those that are into that size I am sure are thrilled, I just don't know that many that are.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Oh yea, guess what is coming down the Marvel Select path

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

All in all those that are into that size I am sure are thrilled, I just don't know that many that are.

I actually think that they've improved by about 400% since the first two waves. Wave 1 looked like chinese bootlegs almost, but for some reason the newer series are being released with better paint and much more intricate sculpts.

Still if you've been a Legends collector for the last 6 six years, there's no reason to change now.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I actually think that they've improved by about 400% since the first two waves. Wave 1 looked like chinese bootlegs almost, but for some reason the newer series are being released with better paint and much more intricate sculpts.

Still if you've been a Legends collector for the last 6 six years, there's no reason to change now.

I will agree they are getting better but every time I see nearly every character with a wide open gaping mouth or that god awful Hulk head it reminds me of how bad the characters translate to a 4 inch scale.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

That Deadpool looks like a Union Jack redo, which many predicted, and which is also kind of underwhelming. The weapons look awesome though.

I can crank these out now in about two days:

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

One to sculpt, one to paint, total of 3-5 hours of actual attention in my spare time. All it is is a freaking Moon Knight and some Elektra weapons; granted I very much like the new Deadpool weapons. If I can get my hands on one I think I'm learning how to do some resin casting.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Donde Esta posted:

That Deadpool looks like a Union Jack redo, which many predicted, and which is also kind of underwhelming. The weapons look awesome though.

I very much like the new Deadpool weapons. If I can get my hands on one I think I'm learning how to do some resin casting.

This is what I have figured out is the parts for everything if your wanting to try to build some of them yourself now. I put it together from a mixture of places and myself.

Fantomex - Union Jack head, Quicksilver Body, Ult.Nick Fury coat, Forge hands. I guess he did wear tights and no sleeves to his coat!

McGuinness Hulk - Same proto for the FFF Wave, body used on Rulk

Deadpool - Union Jack body, Forge straps (boo), new belt and swords(?)

Brother Voodoo - Kazar repaint, Blackheart movie coat, new head

Black Widow - Maria Hill with a Shanna head. New gauntlets and belt

Warpath - Crossbones with a Doc Samson head

Ms.Marvel (Moonstone)- Elektra body head, Maria Hill shoes.

Havok- Black Spidey body, new crotch and head

Terror Inc - Movie GR skull on an HML4 Punisher body with chest straps from Ult.Nick Fury. Doom left arm and kneepad as shoulderpad. (Such a great receipe I am amazed no one has done it already!)

Constrictor - Vision with Guardian head and new coils.

Valkyrie - all new sculpt from canceled Hulk wave

Madrox - Nick fury repaint, new head(?).

Amazing Paper Bag Man - new head and feet on ML5 Mr.Fantastic

Phoenix - new head, HML2 Jean hair, HML Elektra body. New sash.

Nuke - Crossbones with new head & vest

Wolverine (X-force) - new boots, retooled mask.

Hood - Clint Barton head(?), Xorn vest, Ult Nick Fury body, Doom cape.

Lady Bullseye - Black Queen head, Elektra body, new feat(?)

Bi-Beast - Same proto from FFF wave, War Hulk, new head, hands, feet.

Also if your into getting some nice weapons to cast pick up the NECA Hitman figure. A bunch of really fantastic guns come with him.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I see a new Wolvie Mugg at the bottom of the last pic. I guess they aren't dead.

Well, gently caress me.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 23, 2009

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I take back literally every bad thing I said about hasbro in the last year. Any actual word yet on what's going to be exclusive where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well all the muggs will be TRU, as they were the only ones to pick up that line. So don't think we'll have to hunt anywhere for those.