Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

CK07 posted:

Ooooooh...that's gonna be a PR disaster.

Nice wrap-up, though I'm concerned that V's soulbind secret will get out and be really ugly.

Also Tiamat has five heads, hence the "holding on lines 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11" joke.

The Oracle worships Tiamat and calls upon her for answers, too. We got to see her at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

ConfusedUs posted:

Also Tiamat has five heads, hence the "holding on lines 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11" joke.

The Oracle worships Tiamat and calls upon her for answers, too. We got to see her at one point.

He also had all 5 of her breath weapon types coming out of the phone :)

It's often the little things in this comic that I like the most.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sefer posted:

That's pretty awesome. You're right about the little things.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

CK07 posted:

Nice wrap-up, though I'm concerned that V's soulbind secret will get out and be really ugly.

Really? You don't think Burlew set up that plot thread just so he could let it drop here and never get brought up again? Do tell.

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

oobey posted:

Really? You don't think Burlew set up that plot thread just so he could let it drop here and never get brought up again? Do tell.

Oh hey, thanks for your awesome contribution!

I meant, I was surprised that V hadn't learned enough from this whole thing to share what happened with the party.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Well depending on what he learned off screen from the others he might know that they are willing to abandon a party member for committing evil acts that could hurt the party like renting your soul away at an unspecified future time.

Spaz mk. 2.0
Apr 19, 2005

Shank 'em if ya got 'em, fellas!
I think V isn't talking about it because she thinks the time owed is after death. V probably doesn't think it will impact the group in any way and is therefore none of their business.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
New strip!

So yes, the familicide of the black dragons turns out to have been evil.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
What possible outcome could the fiends hope for? I'm thinking they have the same goal in mind as Xykon, using the gate (snarl) against the gods or whatever. They couldn't possibly want to release the snarl.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The Linear guild finished recruiting apparently. That's a good sign, hopefully it's just one quick strip to say where they got everyone from.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

seaborgium posted:

The Linear guild finished recruiting apparently. That's a good sign, hopefully it's just one quick strip to say where they got everyone from.

Actually, it looks to me like Yikyik, Helga, and the Drow have been scribbled over as losses. The three members in good standing are the only ones clear in the picture.

bison wings
Jan 30, 2007

Santa's greatest accomplishment was convincing the world he didn't exist
and you can just make out the words "crawlin' fools" from that picture, meaning these fiends have some sort of evil fourth wall breaking powers!!!

but seriously I don't think they want to control the Snarl, otherwise they'd have put all their money on Xykon or Redcloak. I think they want something fundamentally different from it. Probably they think that if all the locks get destroyed the snarl won't be completely free, but at least able to lash out at the gods and creation willy nilly. And maybe enough strings of reality will be loosened so that they can remake a more evil reality.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I do like how the fiends have made Xykon and the OoTS their unwitting pawns in some overarching scheme. I guess they are sort of the realest threat to the existance of the world as they know it, but almost none of them even know yet.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
I'm actually slightly disappointed to know that the LG will be back; I felt the story had outgrown them and moved on to bigger, badder antagonists.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So why exactly (other than the obvious reason that Burlew wants to foreshadow all of this to us) are those high-level demons explaining all of this to a lowly imp?

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Brannock posted:

So why exactly (other than the obvious reason that Burlew wants to foreshadow all of this to us) are those high-level demons explaining all of this to a lowly imp?
There are only so many clever ways to perform an info-dump.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time

DoctorTristan posted:

I'm actually slightly disappointed to know that the LG will be back; I felt the story had outgrown them and moved on to bigger, badder antagonists.

Well, it has. The LG aren't the antagonists, the OoTS just think they are. It does change the scene when we find out that they're simply being used.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Brannock posted:

Another plot of theirs, probably. They wouldn't just spill the beans to or even hang out with a lowly creature like it otherwise. I guess they will probably want to preform the same ritual that Xykon wants to do. Can't wait to see the Linear Guild in action again, they are my favorite characters.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Brannock posted:

Because they hired him, remember? They're getting him up to speed.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
More specifically, they're telling him everything that they need him to know, and Sabine probably doesn't know the extent of their plans beyond tossing out the balance between good and evil.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Brannock posted:

Evil loves to monologue!

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

DoctorTristan posted:

That's a silly idea, honestly. The Linear Guild is by intent and design the Order's evil counterpart. You can't outgrow your evil counterparts!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
Beg to differ.

Pyre_89
May 14, 2007

Saskatchewan Roughriders are the best football team EVAR!

Ze Pollack posted:

Beg to differ.

Uh, out of mild curiosity, what are you differing with? Cause if it's the post before you, I'm not making the connection.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You can outgrow your evil nemesis if you respond to the classic "One day, I'll kill you and everyone you love" with "Okay, I'll just kill you in your own bed so you don't get the chance" instead of playing the hero game.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
True but Crystal really wasn't anybody interesting. Nale, Sabine and Thog are much more fun to follow.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Nilbop posted:

True but Crystal really wasn't anybody interesting. Nale, Sabine and Thog are much more fun to follow.
Especially Thog.

Room Temperature
Oct 16, 2007

mildly amusing

Sefer posted:

Speaking of, I quite enjoyed the line numbers she was holding on.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
PLUS it was all but spelled out that the thieves guild is likely to resurrect Crystal, leaving her available for future menacing and counterparting. And even if not, she's redundant because Sabine is also a bit of a Haley counterpart, and ipso facto I win so nyah.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

The Werle posted:

PLUS it was all but spelled out that the thieves guild is likely to resurrect Crystal, leaving her available for future menacing and counterparting. And even if not, she's redundant because Sabine is also a bit of a Haley counterpart, and ipso facto I win so nyah.

I didn't think Crystal got killed. Belkar didn't do it, he said it was Haley's job and as with all fictional villains I don't recall seeing her get killed. Some minor healing and she'd probably be fine.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

seaborgium posted:

I didn't think Crystal got killed. Belkar didn't do it, he said it was Haley's job and as with all fictional villains I don't recall seeing her get killed. Some minor healing and she'd probably be fine.

You're forgetting something: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0648.html

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

seaborgium posted:

second last panel

edit: :argh: /\/\/\/\ I don't loving believe it \/\/\/\/

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

seaborgium posted:

There were X's in her eyes.

Edit: goddammit beaten twice in one minute

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Did anybody mention that she's dead? 'Cause Crystal totally snuffed it.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

Cthulhuchan posted:

Did anybody mention that she's dead? 'Cause Crystal totally snuffed it.

I don't remember that happening in the comic. Anyone got a link?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

A Big Dark Yak posted:

I don't remember that happening in the comic. Anyone got a link?

4 posts up :wtc:

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Ashenai posted:

4 posts up :wtc:

Gosh you think maybe he was joking?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I want the next comic to be out with Roy getting annoyed with someone in the party for the first time in ages and I want it now.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

oobey posted:

Gosh you think maybe he was joking?

Nobody jokes on Something Awful dot com. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't