Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.
My ride for the past fortnight:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

The GN only came in black, so he was technically correct.

Here is where your logic fails you. Technically he was not correct. Because he metioned turbo's and not GN's. All GN's were turbo's and black. But not all turbo's were GN's and not all turbo's were black. Given SyHopeful's car is a black, GN. But the post you referenced made a comment about turbo buicks in general and not specifically GN's.

_firehawk fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 6, 2009

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

hippynerd posted:

Yeah I saw the guy laying in the back, but I assumed that it was pretty illegal to drive around with two extra people in the bed of your El Camino.

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
I wish :(

Photoshop is depressing

oh, but for yuks

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

DropShadow posted:

Somehow I doubt he rode there the whole time.

He wasn't there the whole time, we switched positions every few hours. The middle of the bench seat was the worst, since the padding was miniscule there. I liked the bed, unless it was really cold.

_firehawk posted:

Here is where your logic fails you. Technically he was not correct. Because he metioned turbo's and not GN's. All GN's were turbo's and black. But not all turbo's were GN's and not all turbo's were black. Given SyHopeful's car is a black, GN. But the post you referenced made a comment about turbo buicks in general and not specifically GN's.
Ok, I concede.

VikingSkull posted:

That's a nice Elky, though, my first car was an '82.
I'm sorry, these cars really are a pain in the rear end to own. They're easy to work on, but just aren't built all that well. People around town love it though, I get more comments than I did with the Mustang. I'd be much happier if it got better mileage than the Mustang, but you can't have it all. I'm glad I got it, have had it almost a year now, but they're typically too expensive for the amount of headache you get with purchasing a G-body.

edit

Some more pics:

Bypassing the heater core and refilling.

Dyno testing

Loaded up about to leave the car show.

Fallout3 on the road.

Food break, air shocks kept draining slowly.

Finally got pulled over, I was in the back and got ignored thankfully. We were in Louisiana at this point and they don't care about people in the back of pickups in the South.

Got a handful of shots from the car show, if anyone wants to see some classic GM stuff.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 7, 2009

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2"BB and 245/75/16 re-treads

Reliable, great in the winter months, and performs good enough off road for the time being. Just gets lovely gas mileage.. But that isnt why I bought it.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

_firehawk posted:

But what if mine were a black WE4??? :D

Its a semantical argument that I'd rather not continue but you pretty much said what i was going to say.

MikeNCR
Oct 11, 2003

This covers everything. Taught myself how to drive a stick in the Z today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Sir Tonk posted:

Finally got pulled over, I was in the back and got ignored thankfully. We were in Louisiana at this point and they don't care about people in the back of pickups in the South.

Out of curiosity, did the person in the bed just sorta look up at the cop and wave a little and lie back down, or what?

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
Here is my 2008 wabbit after being washed, clay barred and waxed!

Ahh lens flare!

I painted my calipers red too.

Here is the good ol' 5 cylinder.

170 HP plus a little oomph with the Carbonio cold air intake.

Would you look at the butt on that...

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Piearesquared posted:

I painted my calipers red too.

Aww, those baby B5 RS 4 wheels are cute. :)

ThwartedEfforts
Aug 20, 2002

Piearesquared posted:

170 HP

Exactly what the GTD produces only with 65mpg and a clattering noise as part of the bargain :v:

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

lovely picture, more to come when I get around to it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Hatebreed posted:

awesome. Are those the seats or some weird red crash dummies in the car?

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

kimbo305 posted:

Creepy. You can almost see faces on them :iiam:

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

kimbo305 posted:

It's me, I'm the red fat people seats in the interior. I wish it had recaros :(

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Sir Tonk posted:

Got a handful of shots from the car show, if anyone wants to see some classic GM stuff.

I'm surprised they didn't gently caress with you about having someone in the bed. Usually LA state troupers are loving assholes about that. Local cops not so much.

turnerburna
Jan 11, 2005
Cobra Commander

Hatebreed posted:

It's me, I'm the red fat people seats in the interior. I wish it had recaros :(

I love my red leather seats. Car would feel so blah being silver with black leather.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000
I was looking for some parts and bought another Camaro.

It's an '86 Z28 5.0 HO, lol high output, 5spd - one of 74 made that year.

And i found a pic of the party van i bought for $200.

We mainly use it for playing videogames during lunch and downtime at work but it is pretty fun to drive your living room down the road. It's a 350 one owner conversion van with a ton of records. The original owner bought a new one and was just looking to sell this one and get it out of his driveway.

a appropriate emote
Dec 24, 2008

:m10:

Toucan Sam posted:

Those are some big windows. I will have a van for this purpose and really like the idea. Do you mean there's a boob tube in there, or is it Gameboys?

Ha!

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Hatebreed posted:

Please post a thread, I have so many questions!

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Hatebreed posted:

That is so friggen unbelievable. Please tell us you got it with a third pedal though.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

MrSaturn posted:

Please post a thread, I have so many questions!

I can't make a thread about my specific car yet for legal reasons, but they can generally just be answered with "yes it is as awesome as it looks"

_firehawk posted:

That is so friggen unbelievable. Please tell us you got it with a third pedal though.

:patriot:

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Hatebreed posted:

I can't make a thread about my specific car yet for legal reasons, but they can generally just be answered with "yes it is as awesome as it looks"

Oh god what could that possibly mean... I am so excited. Maybe just s'more pictures?

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Hatebreed posted:

:patriot:

I checked the Chevrolet website, and I don't see where you can get red stripes. The closest thing I can find is inferno orange. And that doesn't look orange to me.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

_firehawk posted:

The 1982 Grand National was neither turbocharged nor black!

:eng101:

ehnus fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 11, 2009

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

ehnus posted:

Technically that was an options package and not a model, so I don't think it counts at least not in my book.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

ehnus posted:

Actually, you're wrong. The 4.1L V6 was the base engine in the 82 GN, the 3.8 turbo was an option.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

like.a.kite posted:

Those are some big windows. I will have a van for this purpose and really like the idea. Do you mean there's a boob tube in there, or is it Gameboys?

Yeah, it has a tv and gaming or movie watching is usually what it is used for.

ehnus
Apr 16, 2003

Now you're thinking with portals!

Q_res posted:

Actually, you're wrong. The 4.1L V6 was the base engine in the 82 GN, the 3.8 turbo was an option.

It's still not black. :colbert:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Oh good Lord. Can we shut up about the drat Buicks already?

BITBY
May 6, 2007

k one sec...

1987 Buick Regal T
Its white.

The daily whip:

e: '94 Chevy Blazer K-15, aka "C-Cup"
TBI 350, 4x4, 251,000 miles on original 4l60e (knocks on wood).

C-Cup has dysentery:

In reality, I have a deep-seated scorn for GM products.

BITBY fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 13, 2009

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

BITBY posted:

In reality, I have a deep-seated scorn for GM products.

meaning?

BITBY
May 6, 2007

Meaning I prefer Rolls Royce motorcars.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas
After a few F-bodies and a Mustang I decided to go a different direction a few months ago. I was looking at C5 Corvettes and 05-06 GTO's, as well as 03-04 Cobras and G8 GT's. Then I saw this little(okay, 4000+ pounds huge) guy right down the street and decided that it would fit my persoanlity better to have a 4-door car that will smoke all the above in a straight line, for the same price(mid 20's). I'ma huge fan of sleepers.

I've made about 30 runs at the dragstrip, and the WORST one was a 12.45. Best run to date is a 12.35 @ 114 in the 1/4 mile and a 7.96 @ 89 in the 1/8th mile, BONE STOCK, street tires, 80+ degrees, humid, hot-lapping it, full tank of fuel and a 275 pound driver. I could give a poo poo about going around corners, but it seems to do just as well as my 95 Z-28, which probably isn't saying much.

The view most traffic sees

Just a silver 4-door car, pretty boring

14.2" brakes and 8 piston calipers

5.4L, ~9psi, 500 hp(underrated @ 469 hp), 516 lb-ft of torque

How fast you are going and the time are apparantly all that matter

There are a lot of interior and other shots posted in the E55 thread.

MacGregor
Nov 22, 2003

little update to my garage

I now have the 04 GTO, a 1975 Yamaha xs650b, and a 07 Ducati Sport classic 1000 mono edition #31/100. now i just need to buy a house with a garage.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

MacGregor posted:

'04 GTO,

Is that a Holden emblem? And is the rear spoiler missing?

Lt Moose
Aug 8, 2007
moose

Lt Moose fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 4, 2016

MacGregor
Nov 22, 2003

_firehawk posted:

Is that a Holden emblem? And is the rear spoiler missing?

yeah thats the holden emblem. i have done almost the full holden monaro conversion. and about a month after buying the car back in 04 I removed the spoiler and had the holes welded up. all I have to do to finish the holden conversion is change the air bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

MacGregor posted:

yeah thats the holden emblem. i have done almost the full holden monaro conversion. and about a month after buying the car back in 04 I removed the spoiler and had the holes welded up. all I have to do to finish the holden conversion is change the air bag.

were there any Monaros in LHD?