Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
The proportions on that are making it pretty difficult for my brain to process. Its like when a vehicle model in a video game becomes totally distorted after a wacky collision.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Theres an upgrade you could buy that puts a second motor in that big space.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Phat_Albert posted:

Theres an upgrade you could buy that puts a second motor in that big space.

Howabout a car seat?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

a bit of google-fu reveals it to be a 1978 Lambretta chopper

quote:

Reg as 125 with 200 engine fitted painted in BMW pacific blue with chrome extended forks and dampers, chrome rims, chrome bates headlight, chrome handle bars, sundance grips, mini sports speedo, chrome beedspeed gear change / throttle and levers, 22m jetex carb, polished side casing, stainless steel scootsrs exhaust, leather seat, 12v ignition, electrics under seat and boxed in nicely, all cables and loom though the frame.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Snapped a couple pics of this crazy machine while at the Moto GP races last week.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That headstock is cartoonishly huge

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Phat_Albert posted:

Everything about that is cartoonish. What the hell is up with the vertical handlebars?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I like that theres regular motorcycle controls on the end of the grips just hanging out in the air. How dumb.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

that everything is cartoonishly huge

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a bike outside of TRON or a Rokon where the front tire was the size of a back tire

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
I thought that the controls were pretty drat cool. I can imagine that as long as the tubes supporting them were stiff enough, it'd be fine. It should (should being the operative word) work exactly as normal bars.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Phy posted:

Seriously, I don't think I've ever seen a bike outside of TRON or a Rokon where the front tire was the size of a back tire
Don't forget the comically-impossible-to-steer Batcycle from Dark Knight.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Phy posted:

Hey now :colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Phy posted:

And another "hey now" from 99% of us from the Scooter Megathread. We count, dammit.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
And another "don't dream it's over" from the 80s. You remember the 80s, right?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Oh god watch out for banana peels!

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Everything about that is cartoonish. What the hell is up with the vertical handlebars?

It actually looks like they flip down. I think that bike is pretty frikken cool.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Oh god watch out for banana peels!

It's like the motorcycle equivalent of :downsrim:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Skier posted:

And another "don't dream it's over" from the 80s. You remember the 80s, right?

Why do you think I bought the older style Ninja 250?

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Doctor Zero posted:

It's like the motorcycle equivalent of :downsrim:

I'm trying to figure out how me managed to lowside before the corner.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

8ender posted:

I'm trying to figure out how me managed to lowside before the corner.

The sequence of shots (which I cannot find for some reason), is him looking like a badass giving the peace sign, followed by a locked front brake, and a massive lowside.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Z3n posted:

him looking like a badass giving the peace sign, followed by a locked front brake, and a massive lowside.

:ughh:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Came across this XS650 street tracker custom build today and I think I'm in love. Made by this guy.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

god drat this thing owns

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/mcy/1260163713.html

I really like sport bikes, but some of those old japanese bikes with a little aesthetic work are just awesome looking. It's probably a good thing I don't have lots of extra money, because I would have piles of old bikes I wanted to gussy up and look cool

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Z3n posted:

The sequence of shots (which I cannot find for some reason), is him looking like a badass giving the peace sign, followed by a locked front brake, and a massive lowside.

Pretty sure this was the one where he had a girl on the back too, she ate quite a bit of pavement.

Showing off for the cameras....;)

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Z3n posted:

I thought the girl on the back gave the peace sign, and they weren't wearing any gear except a helmet.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Pretty sure this was the one where he had a girl on the back too, she ate quite a bit of pavement.

Showing off for the cameras....;)

gently caress, I don't know anyone who would do that. :v:

Here's the sequence of the guy listed:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_0706_killboy_website_photos/photo_13.html

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Haha, that page is great. Especially the Harley clone one:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

This is a good one:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How the hell do you even do that when the bike is presumably moving at a normal pace?

Is this the tail end of a failed endo?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Those pics confirm so many clichés.

Racer: Hell yeah dragons :c00l: gonna power on out of this corn...oh where's my traction gone :(

Cruiser: Yeah man just riding to live :coolfish: and living to ri...what the hell the road BENDS :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

How the hell do you even do that when the bike is presumably moving at a normal pace?

He's Jet Li in The One

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Ola posted:

Cruiser: Yeah man just riding to live :coolfish: and living to ri...what the hell the road BENDS :(

SOME OF US live in a land with no curves. :cry:

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Phat_Albert posted:

There was a video from a motogp race where the bike does some crazy poo poo like that and the rider recovers it. It was posted here but removed off youtube shortly after.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Jack the Smack posted:

There was a video from a motogp race where the bike does some crazy poo poo like that and the rider recovers it. It was posted here but removed off youtube shortly after.

I don't think the whole back end was up in the air in that video though.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Doctor Zero posted:

I don't think the whole back end was up in the air in that video though.

Yep, the front and bake lifted off the ground a few times like a bull trying to throw its rider off.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Slow, crappy rider, pulling an endo for the camera, fails to account for the camber in the road, it goes sideways, they put a foot down, bam!

Either that or he's jumping on the bike as it falls out of the sky.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

Slow, crappy rider, pulling an endo for the camera, fails to account for the camber in the road, it goes sideways, they put a foot down, bam!

Either that or he's jumping on the bike as it falls out of the sky.

he was trying to dismount, but some joker superglued his crotch to the seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Bullshit he's the Iron Leg master pulling a 180 right there.