Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

We've worn it before back in the 70's and we've played in red and black occasionally since the 60's.

This is correct, red and black has been our away kit on and off for as long as I remember and for a long time before I was born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

TheGoatFeeder posted:

This is correct, red and black has been our away kit on and off for as long as I remember and for a long time before I was born.

IIRC it was because whatever manager at the time (60s?) wanted to strike fear and look like AC Milan, so they went with the red and black vertical stripes....and voila.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

We've worn it before back in the 70's and we've played in red and black occasionally since the 60's.

Don't be stupid, everyone knows football was invented in 1992.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Why haven't the Reading kits leaked? I can't wait till midnight, I want it now.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Check out the new Shamrock Rovers away kit :smug:

Gonna have to get this when it comes out.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That back panel design is lifted from the Rangers home this year.

In fact, the whole kit is. If you fancy it in blue.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Spurs design, with added off-shoulder ball gown/clown bib accents. I'd write more about how I don't like it, but it doesn't deserve it.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Why didn't they get Kevin Doyle to model it?

Oh right. :mmmsmug:

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Spurs design, with added off-shoulder ball gown/clown bib accents. I'd write more about how I don't like it, but it doesn't deserve it.

Hello sailor.

Flapper
Dec 20, 2002

Just reminiscing about the 80's.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Ugh is all I can really muster. Considering last years kit was absloutely beautiful in my opinion, this is such a letdown.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

That's the problem. We've had lovely kits in recent years, we were due an abomination. On a slightly related note, it's nice to see Long's taken over Doyle's vacated #9. It's easy to forget he's only 22 and playing as third or fourth choice striker has managed to break into the Ireland squad.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

welp why yes that is Puma's new template for the year. Sorry, Reading.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Looks like he's wearing a cape.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil
The only team more likely to be sponsored by Waitrose are Fulham.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Saw the new Chelsea shirt on someone today in the street. It looks pretty god drat awful.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
I've yet to see someone fat in it. That will be interesting.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Craiglen posted:

I've yet to see someone fat in it. That will be interesting.

It sits uncomfortably above the moob on fat men, making them look even fatter.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

West Ham and Rangers are apparantly the B team for Umbro, as you can see with the home West Ham Kit.

MattWPBS
Jun 17, 2004
I am the law, but an easily bribed kind of law.

c0burn posted:

Did we laugh at Evertons away kit yet?

loving hellfire. I mean, really, who the hell comes up with something like that when asked to design a football kit...?

Jollzwhin posted:

The only team more likely to be sponsored by Waitrose are Fulham.

Interesting factoid - Waitrose's headquarters in Bracknell are about 11 miles from Reading's stadium. It's actually full on local sponsorship.

thanatogenos
Jun 7, 2006

They say dear Francis Hinsley, they say that you were hun. With red protruding eyeballs and black protruding tongue.

c0burn posted:

Did we laugh at Evertons away kit yet?

Christ. F.C. T-Mobile?

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

ibroxmassive posted:

West Ham and Rangers are apparantly the B team for Umbro, as you can see with the home West Ham Kit.

I will never be able to read this as anything other than "SORBET".

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ibroxmassive posted:

that is so 90's

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Cart posted:

I will never be able to read this as anything other than "SORBET".

I konw waht you maen, it's taht tihng wehre you can unsretadnd waht seomnoe is wiritng eevn if the mildde ltetres are jmbuled.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

I had Umbro checked shorts like that when I was 6. I'm 24 now.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Stoke have a new kit;

Probably one of the better ones. I think that's all of them released now as well.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The sponsor logo seems off compared to the vertical stripes. It looks way too shiny.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
A Nice Arse strip

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Russ posted:

A Nice Arse strip

What's the writing under the Nike logo?

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

I'm guessing it's an advert for the real kit supplier which is called something like FirstSoccer or FootballFirst or Diddy Team Kit Suppliers Ltd

Since crappy sports companies realise that strips will sell twice as well if they have a Nike or Adidas logo on them compared to a dumb name like BUKTA or PUNCH, it's becoming more common for the suppliers of lower league kits to buy in a generic unbranded £20 Nike/Adidas top, stitch on a badge and sponsor then charge £44.99 for it. Probably more profitable too.

I don't mind it so much on a shirt like Hamilton's because whether it said Nike or NETBUSTER SPORTZ it was always going to be red and white hoops. You can't really get that wrong. It sucks for a team like Dundee Utd though when you're paying more than £40 for what is literally a plain £10 orange Nike T shirt with a couple of logos on it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Russ posted:

red and white hoops. You can't really get that wrong.

The bib and cape hoops shirt begs to differ.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Finally received my Soccer Triad shipment. I ordered 3 jerseys in total shipped by ground from Thailand. They all look very authentic and have tags attached and everything. I'll take one to the store and compare it to see if I can spot a difference. They did screw up my Giggs jersey and sent an XL. So if anyone in the Seattle area wants to buy a Giggs 3rd from last year let me know before I try to return it to them.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Hamilton's away kits are exact replicas of Brazil and Argentina I'm told.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Our 3rd (Euro) kit has been revealed

Our kits own this year

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

c0burn posted:

Our kits own this year

The left hand side of that picture made me sad.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Ka0 posted:

Hamilton's away kits are exact replicas of Brazil and Argentina I'm told.

Yeah we are reversing our Away and Third kits from last year, the yellow, green and blue kit becomes our third and the light blue and white vertical stripes is the new away.

In case someone didn't know what Brazil and Argentina tops look like

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ibroxmassive posted:

God this is awful.

...I think. My mind is sort of confused.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Mickolution posted:

The left hand side of that picture made me sad.

I was going to say, at least it won't be too hard to crop him out come next Monday.

TheBlueMudMan
Aug 1, 2004

pole pole (POH-lee POH-lee)

c0burn posted:

Our kits own this year

Indeed, I'm so glad we got rid of that puke green we were sporting last year

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Liverpool kits are nice this year. Don't feel bad about Alonso, Kaka modeled ours before he left too. He's also still on the ads for the friendly tournament Milan's playing here in the states.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
The new City kit just came by courier, I'm very happy with it. Feels all soft and nice.