Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://www.bennettswheelie.co.uk/

1087 points on the classic

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 15, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
gently caress you and gently caress that game god drat

536 on scooter, but second highest is like 150, and third highest is like 50.

edit 1067 all right

hayden. fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 15, 2009

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Fantastipotamus posted:

Don't forget the comically-impossible-to-steer Batcycle from Dark Knight.

I was floored when I saw the making-of extras on the DVD and saw they actually made and rode that monstrosity. I kinda want to try it.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Phat_Albert posted:

http://www.bennettswheelie.co.uk/

1087 points on the classic

502 on the sportbike!

Although this chick has seen betters wheelies on a trycicle.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
1085 on the sportsbike. I actually hit bp and it was fairly easy.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

:hellyeah:

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

Z3n posted:

:hellyeah:

:smug:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm about as good at doing wheelies in that game as I am in real life.
Also, I love how a bike insurance company has a wheelie game on it's website.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Doing wheelies in that game is harder than real life.

That's what she said. :smug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Linedance posted:

I'm about as good at doing wheelies in that game as I am in real life.
Also, I love how a bike insurance company has a wheelie game on it's website.

Thats the same thing I thought. No insurance company in the US would dare to do something like this.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Phat_Albert posted:

Thats the same thing I thought. No insurance company in the US would dare to do something like this.

It'd be cool if you could wheelie into a parked car and it would tell you how much your insurance rates will increase.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
On my (semi-)local craigslist for $3500...so tempting. Says it's a '55 R26.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

And it could be yours for only $2,550 on eBay!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Z3n knows about the shitstorm behind this, but....

Before:

After:

and the nice full Ti system:

At least the headers made it out ok.

Don't be dumb on the street....

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
GODDAMN Rev, are you gonna give us a report in the crash thread? Are you ok?!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

teknicolor posted:

GODDAMN Rev, are you gonna give us a report in the crash thread? Are you ok?!

Yeah, I'll do a report once I get the rest of the pictures from the photographer. I'm amazingly ok aside from a few bruises.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Those bends in the pipe...goddamn.

I also love how close your frame slider is to the ground in that picture. Squid. :v:

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
drat, glad you're ok. It's insane how low you are in that first picture, I never even got the bike that low at the track. Practically dragging elbow on the street, nuts.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

drat, glad you're ok. It's insane how low you are in that first picture, I never even got the bike that low at the track. Practically dragging elbow on the street, nuts.

I did drag elbow.... and thigh, and hip and shoulder etc etc.

If you look closely you can see the black mark coming off of the FRONT tire for a good several feet back.

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Was that picture taken right before the crash? I see that now, looks like you are pushing the front hard.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revenant.Eagle posted:

I did drag elbow.... and thigh, and hip and shoulder etc etc.

If you look closely you can see the black mark coming off of the FRONT tire for a good several feet back.

Oh yeah, what tires were you running? Pirelli Corsa 3s?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
It was only a matter of time:

http://gizmodo.com/5317126/dark-knight-motorcycle-suit-gets-you-accepted-into-the-nerds-angels

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Z3n knows about the shitstorm behind this, but....

Before:

So did this end up winning? Or did that 300C have a more insa- devoted fanbase? Or did you both just get dq'd?

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

sirbeefalot posted:

So did this end up winning? Or did that 300C have a more insa- devoted fanbase? Or did you both just get dq'd?

Apparently they declared both of them winners.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

sirbeefalot posted:

We both one as stated by frozenphil.

Z3n- Those are/were Corsa III's. I still love them, absolute stick-like-glue-when-you're-not-an-idiot tire.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Today was the absolute worst time I've had riding motorcycles ever. First, I was going to go dirt biking with a friend, but the trails were closed since they looked like this (normally there's a small stream there):

We decided to go ride on the street, and it started raining when we were about 50 miles from home:

And then I did this.
Luckily only a few scratches and a broken turn signal lens.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Deeters posted:

And then I did this.
Luckily only a few scratches and a broken turn signal lens.

Sometimes your engine noise reminded me of someone making motorboat noises with their mouth :3:

PFFBFTBFBTBBTBFBFBFFBTTFFFFFFFFBBTBBTBT

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
Somebody linked to this crazy air-cooled Wankel powered bike, and I clicked through to find this:

the Goldammer Notorious

quote:

Roger Goldammer has created some pretty wild custom motorcycles over the years, but to our eyes, his 2007 ‘Notorious’ is the best of the lot. It’s a modern take on a Norton Manx cafe racer, with a featherbed-styled frame housing one half of a Harley V-twin. That single cylinder is a substantial 965cc though, and force-fed by a Rotex supercharger running 20 pounds of boost. The oversized headlight, slanted back in the modern style, is actually from a VW Beetle—and the drum on the front wheel is hiding four-piston disc brakes. The finish is up to Goldammer’s usual extraordinary standard, but there’s little paint on this bike: most of the bodywork is clear coat over bare metal. Delicious.
:fap:

E: actually, that entire site is amazing. There's some crazy custom based of an FZR100 with the supercharger from a Mini Cooper S grafted on. :aaaaa:

VV yeah, the ludicrously large supercharger belt up the side really makes it. I just clicked through the entire site, very very very awesome stuff on there.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 18, 2009

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That website is awesome. How the hell does this

turn into this?

I'm pretty sure the only original stuff left on there anymore is the frame and engine.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Slim Pickens posted:

That website is awesome. How the hell does this

turn into this?

I'm pretty sure the only original stuff left on there anymore is the frame and engine.

That's made by a French bloke who goes by Lazareth. Check out some of his other stuff, fucken awesome.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Vibration dampening GPS mount.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Retarded Pimp posted:

Vibration dampening GPS mount.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

A bunch of cool bikes in Tokyo:

From the Honda building:

apparently the stub-nosed look is Honda's new design feature.

this thing is pretty cool...

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Linedance posted:

That looks a tad faster than I always imagined the Dream to be. :v:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Linedance posted:

I like how you say that and then immediately post the shark.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Linedance posted:

A bunch of cool bikes in Tokyo:

Haha look at the cutout in the seat for the rider's massive balls. I guess it takes a pair to ride a supercharged single in Tokyo traffic.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Zenaida posted:

Haha look at the cutout in the seat for the rider's massive balls. I guess it takes a pair to ride a supercharged single in Tokyo traffic.

That's not supercharged...the belt/pulley on the bottom is a belt primary drive.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is that actually a Triton? I mean the frame looks featherbeddy enough but I can't identify Triumph engines at a glance.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Linedance posted:

The bike off to the right is so :3:. The bike to the left reminds me of the new VFR headlight.

I always picture the DN making a "phsseeww" sound when it goes and leaving laser light trails. Into the future!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waptang
Nov 30, 2003
This has been in the newspaper for a week or so. I hope it's a typo.