Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shameless posted:

Not mine but shamelessly stolen from bleedingcool.com

I don't think it has been said enough already, goddammit that book looks beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddy Holes
Aug 5, 2007

by Ralp

CaptainRat posted:

I'd just like to know who in the X-Office thought a character named Mellencamp was a good idea.

I remembered him from Uncanny #300 from when I was a child, and looked him up to find that his appearance there sums up his entire character history: he showed up, declared he was invulnerable, and then got his rear end kicked by a single X-Man. The second time this happened, he died.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I hope to god I'm not the only one who got to this page in the ASM Annual and mentally inserted this dialogue.

Elijya
May 11, 2005

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
That would be truly epic if someone could turn "FOOOOOOOOOMP" into "FAPPO!"

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Syrg posted:

I hope to god I'm not the only one who got to this page in the ASM Annual and mentally inserted this dialogue.

I don't get what's going on with this, did Spidey push the truck and then jumped or did someone throw the truck and then spidey zipped to doge it?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Honest Thief posted:

I don't get what's going on with this, did Spidey push the truck and then jumped or did someone throw the truck and then spidey zipped to doge it?

If you honestly have to ask you're missing the joke, but in the issue these panels weren't directly next to one another, and he was swinging off after tossing the truck at the guy.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
nah I know the fappo edit, it's from the same guy who did the licking pervert Spiderman I think, the transition just felt weird

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

Syrg posted:

That's pretty much exactly what I thought when I saw that panel. Though, I would've just had the Raptor dude yelling "FAPPO!"

Zodberg
May 22, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Syrg posted:

I would have done it if you didn't, but I wouldn't have done it nearly as well.

Zodberg
May 22, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Click here for the full 620x1089 image.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
I tanked on the final panel because.....well, I'm lazy.

But, I haven't seen any heroes on these, yet.

The bottom of her foot reminds me of a Charlie Brown type of font....

...or Beavis and Butt-Head.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You used a photoshop as your base picture to go off of, that's hilarious

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

RandomFerret posted:

Kang! My enemy that lives in the future!

Doc Ock! My enemy that lives in the present!

The Lizard! My enemy that lives in Florida!

I don't know exactly what is and isn't shopped in this panel. Good work.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

Haha, Wally's unedited response makes that one.

digibomb
Apr 16, 2003

I hate to recommend violence, alcohol, drugs or insanity to anyone... but they have always worked for me.

Um... original? I don't keep up as often as I might.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
How about this?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

digibomb posted:

Um... original? I don't keep up as often as I might.

The original is a page from the GLA miniseries. Top panel is the same, then a long list of Marvel comics superheroes, all saying "No."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

invalid user posted:

How about this?

Honestly, I think the Deadpool panel by itself is actually pretty funny, just because he knows that's not actually going to do anything.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Honestly, I think the Deadpool panel by itself is actually pretty funny, just because he knows that's not actually going to do anything.

It's the thought that counted.

Zodberg
May 22, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The original is a page from the GLA miniseries. Top panel is the same, then a long list of Marvel comics superheroes, all saying "No."

and the same week had an issue of Villains United featuring a full page of villains saying "Yes" - bother these pages were beside the same advertisement.

But I really think the cuteness to my edit is that members of the GLA are known to die pretty quickly as the Black Lantern recruitees are shown doing.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm just curious about why he pulled up his mask only halfway. If he pulled it up so the bullet wouldn't pierce a hole in it, it still might go through at the top :v:

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Parachute Underwear posted:

I'm just curious about why he pulled up his mask only halfway. If he pulled it up so the bullet wouldn't pierce a hole in it, it still might go through at the top :v:

Judging by the splatter, it did go through. Besides, I think he had his mask up because he had been eating.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

DarkPrime posted:

Judging by the splatter, it did go through. Besides, I think he had his mask up because he had been eating.

WARNING: Legion of Three Worlds spoilers
I'm sorry. I couldn't resist.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

d00gZ posted:

...Wait, what the hell is going on here unedited? Did Superboy-Prime pull a Deadpool and admit he was a comic book character?

Edit: Just read the Wiki. Am now even more confused.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jul 22, 2009

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Vargo posted:

...Wait, what the hell is going on here unedited? Did Superboy-Prime pull a Deadpool and admit he was a comic book character?

Edit: Just read the Wiki. Am now even more confused.

Lo3W #5 spoilers/explanation: He's back on Earth-Prime (aka our world) again, in the original he was posting on the DC messageboard about "can Prime be redeemed", keep in mind that on our world DC heroes are nothing but comics, so by reading Lo3W #5 and seeing himself, he realized WE could read about him... etc.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

d00gZ posted:

Are Gavok and (maybe) I part of the joke here since you used 4L?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

ManiacClown posted:

Are Gavok and (maybe) I part of the joke here since you used 4L?

I really only used 4L as a cheap shot. I love y'all guys.

hermanos
Dec 30, 2005

Magoo said that the "bird's the word"
But the Fur Byrd Gang flip birds on curbs

d00gZ posted:

That must be Gavok, 'cause I'm black.

Superboy Black.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

d00gZ posted:

You magnificent bastard. I'm so used to seeing the banner that it took a couple seconds to register.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Isn't attempting to murder the multiverse a bannable offense?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

If the end result of this is that Superboy-Prime gets a job working for DC and writes himself back into the mainstream DC Universe, I will take back... like, 70-80% of the bad stuff I've said about DC.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cabbit posted:

If the end result of this is that Superboy-Prime gets a job working for DC and writes himself back into the mainstream DC Universe, I will take back... like, 70-80% of the bad stuff I've said about DC.

"The boy's out of control. Didio's folded to his whims, but the rest of us are trying to fight him. He tore off Giffen's legs and all that's left of Rucka is... I'd rather not say. Right now Grant is trying to hold him off, but I don't think it's a fight he can win. Please, Mr. Moore. Come back. You're our last hope. What do you say?"

"Aren't you that poo poo-for-brains hack that hosed up my Green Lantern work? Get out!"

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Gavok posted:

"The boy's out of control. Didio's folded to his whims, but the rest of us are trying to fight him. He tore off Giffen's legs and all that's left of Rucka is... I'd rather not say. Right now Grant is trying to hold him off, but I don't think it's a fight he can win. Please, Mr. Moore. Come back. You're our last hope. What do you say?"

"Aren't you that poo poo-for-brains hack that hosed up my Green Lantern work? Get out!"

I would read the poo poo out of this, in rad-rear end comic form.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Gavok posted:

The only way I could accept this is if they did a crosover with Marvel.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Gavok posted:

Holy poo poo this needs to be DC's next big crossover.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Gavok posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Better make that a RISPSLITS! sound effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

The Missing Link posted:

Better make that a RISPSLITS! sound effect.

AH$HIT!!

• Locked thread