Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And now we take a left turn into Mad Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

It'd be better if they were actually good actors pretending to be on a reality show. Then they could beat up / kill each other.

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
Oh come ON. They have to know that. You'd have to be stupid to think they're going to HARM you in this.

Most they could do is have something scripted with one of the survivors to make it look real.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll be disappointed if at some point they don't receive a visitor wearing a sports jersey with "13" on it and a dog.

Jesus, they just flatly announce the raiders can't hurt them, this show is pathetic. They need to have some SEAR instructors come in and loving ruin these people.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
KICK SOME BUTT

I WANT THAT BIKE

MIKE WANT BIKE

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
ahahahha I COULD HAVE THAT BIKE NOW. ME.

I COULD HAVE KICKED THEIR rear end. WITH MY PIPE THAT I'M NOT ALLOWED TO HIT THEM WITH BECAUSE THIS ISN'T REAL

I'M SO loving ANGRY

Piggycow
Jun 27, 2007
I don't even have a slight doubt that they aren't just lovely actors at this point.
Hopefully there is a huge twist within 17 minutes that makes this crap worth watching. I like the paintball gun idea myself. Throw some zombies and the military in too.

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

Piggycow posted:

Hopefully there is a huge twist within 17 minutes and makes this crap worth watching.

Please be Smoke Monster... Please be Smoke Monster... Please be Smoke Monster... :ohdear:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

They need to have some people toss on warty bodysuits and arm them with hunting rifles to storm the colony.

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
Now this is also mildly interesting, to me at least. I don't know poo poo about electricity.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Huh. Stumbled half way into this, during the "biker gang." I'm interested...but yeah whats the post-apocalypse without bloodshed and struggle?

Oh, and MacGuyver is in their group. Thats lucky. Is connecting a power system really in a "handyman"'s job description? I envision a handyman doing things like, oh I don't know, mending fences and changing oil...

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zimadori Zinger posted:

Now this is also mildly interesting, to me at least. I don't know poo poo about electricity.

Yeah, I don't mind the MacGuyver stuff, but the half-assed raider poo poo is annoying.

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
DROP IT OR ILL HURT YOU

DROP IT

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
I SWEAR I'LL HURT YOU

I WILL HURT YOU

awww gently caress he knows i won't hurt him this is no fun

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Am I the only one disappointed that they weren't using those one batteries the mythbusters tested in their array?

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
Maybe the series ends with them building Liberty Prime :3:

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
I swear to God there'd better be some sort of payoff where we find out that the raiders can actually "kill" participants during their attacks

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
oh my god

WE ARE TRAPPED IN A POST-APOCALYPTIC WASTELAND UNDER SIEGE BY RAIDERS

LET'S GET THIS loving COFFEE MACHINE WORKING PEOPLE CHOP CHOP

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Am I the only one out there who, when first seeing the premise of the show went, "What? Ah poo poo! That should be ME out there! They don't know poo poo about the post-apocalypse."

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
I loved the Mad Max motorcycle reference. I'm not entirely sure that IBM Guy and Mr. Heartpills aren't plants.

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
OHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ITS COFFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Boru posted:

Am I the only one out there who, when first seeing the premise of the show went, "What? Ah poo poo! That should be ME out there! They don't know poo poo about the post-apocalypse."
Obviously it should have been us coming up with the premise for it because then it wouldn't be this hilariously boring

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
Oh how convenient its raining right now after we discovered the pipe

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hawkman posted:

Obviously it should have been us coming up with the premise for it because then it wouldn't be this hilariously boring

One minigun and this show would be a hit, it's all they really need.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

I know. Faux-reality is nowhere NEAR as fun as A Boy and His Dog promised me...

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.

MrDorf posted:

One minigun and this show would be a hit, it's all they really need.

Wire some speakers with gunfire, shoot off some pyrotechnics for explosions. Make them scared shitless.

The pinnacle of things that guy just got upset over is a shirt not fitting him.

Seriously?

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Zimadori Zinger posted:

Oh how convenient its raining right now after we discovered the pipe
I liked how the entire warehouse is all rusty and ancient but the pipe is brand new PVC with end caps and stuff to put on it when they cut it

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
Holy poo poo it's not real people stop talking like it is.

This is bad.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

A-OOOOOOO-GA!

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ew, old man booty on my TV :gonk:

Wolfgang Pauli
Mar 26, 2008

One Three Seven
How can they get so involved and wrapped up in acting that they ignore the camera guys and still do those monologues to the camera in private? I've heard of the stuff Grotowski would do, but that's a bit much.

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
hey were they actually fighting something and building weapons

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What the christ? Apparently this next week is road warrior time.

lamb SAUCE
Nov 1, 2005

Ooh, racist.
OH THANKS HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING STATING THEY GET HELP WHEN THEY REALLY NEED IT.

THANKS. I'LL TUNE IN NEXT TIME.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

Well. It may be fake as hell, but I'm in it for that trike and the flamethrower.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Zimadori Zinger posted:

OH THANKS HEALTH AND SAFETY WARNING STATING THEY GET HELP WHEN THEY REALLY NEED IT.

THANKS. I'LL TUNE IN NEXT TIME.

Isn't that the same disclaimer they run on Man vs Wild?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

There's a reason Survivor has challenges and gameplay, and this show is a very very good illustration of why.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Really hoping we get actual conflict and problems and oh god why am I getting my hopes up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Capn Beeb posted:

Really hoping we get actual conflict and problems and oh god why am I getting my hopes up

Eh, it's no Whale Wars.

• Locked thread