Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metajo Cum Dumpster
Mar 20, 2005

Plavski posted:

I liked the Dirty Dancing one. Maybe it was cos I hadn't seen the movie before and was happy to be finally watching a 'screen classic', but it worked for me. I picked up their Ghost one too on the strength of it and laughed my rear end off at that too.

The incessant "Baby internal monologue in a baby voice" jokes were too much for me.

Plavski posted:

What's ICWXP?
What Mister Kingdom said, the format is tit-for-tat with MST3K with some minor differences, and they have some nice production values to boot. Though some of the skits fall flat, they are really good riffers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBIw3iYBwo4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiYOzRCRtPQ

Metajo Cum Dumpster fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naiive Melody
Jan 27, 2009

by Peatpot
Oh yes, there's one about 5 minutes away from me. This is the best thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Got one right up the road. I'm so excited!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

What the gently caress? The west coast doesn't even get the show live, it's tape delayed for the Pacific Time zone.

usethestarwipe
Jul 13, 2009

by Fistgrrl

I just bought my ticket. I am trembling from excitement. Trembling.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Wiseblood posted:

What the gently caress? The west coast doesn't even get the show live, it's tape delayed for the Pacific Time zone.

That's how all the live poo poo goes over here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're on another Riffshort jag. I wish they would pace these out so it isn't nothing for a couple of months followed by 5 in two weeks or something.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

They're on another Riffshort jag. I wish they would pace these out so it isn't nothing for a couple of months followed by 5 in two weeks or something.
I was getting way behind on the shorts. Picked up a whopping 17 of them last weekend. I'm perfectly willing to get that many, because I get more mileage out of the shorts than the feature length riffs.

ANMAN
May 24, 2007
ehhh...meh
Mike and Kevin were just on the Dennis Miller show this morning. They weren't on for long, went though a commercial break though. They caught up on life, Miller's humor was tough for them to work through IMO...Took a few calls, a caller referenced Manos... Miller expressed how he loved the old show and he plugged the hell out of the August 20th event.

I am buying my ticks!

What's up with the SA logo though? lol

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
When are we getting these?

http://www.cracked.com/article_15047_inoperable-humor-5-worst-comedies-all-time.html

Master of Disguise is loving painful, plus there's only 65ish minutes of actual movie with 15 minutes of credits with bloopers and stuff so it qualifies as a movie.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

ANMAN posted:

Mike and Kevin were just on the Dennis Miller show this morning. They weren't on for long, went though a commercial break though. They caught up on life, Miller's humor was tough for them to work through IMO...Took a few calls, a caller referenced Manos... Miller expressed how he loved the old show and he plugged the hell out of the August 20th event.

I am buying my ticks!

What's up with the SA logo though? lol
Lowtax is doing a 'bit'.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

TV Shows on DVD has the list for MST3K Set 16 up:

CORPSE VANISHES (Commando Cody Part 3)
WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD
SANTA CLAUS
NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST

Neat about Warrior of the Lost World, but Santa Claus and Night of the Blood Beast are shockers. I didn't see them coming out with either of those, but there you go.

Edit: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-Volume-16/12356

Apparently they are including the extra Turkey Day Host segments for BLOOD BEAST.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

TV Shows on DVD has the list for MST3K Set 16 up:

CORPSE VANISHES (Commando Cody Part 3)
WARRIOR OF THE LOST WORLD
SANTA CLAUS
NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST

Neat about Warrior of the Lost World, but Santa Claus and Night of the Blood Beast are shockers. I didn't see them coming out with either of those, but there you go.

Edit: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mystery-Science-Theater-3000-Volume-16/12356

Apparently they are including the extra Turkey Day Host segments for BLOOD BEAST.
I've never seen the original non-turkey day blood beast links, so that'll be fun.

Santa Claus and Blood Beast are two of the very best MST3k's though so this should be a must buy.

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
Tickets for the live show at Belcourt Theatre should be going up in a few minutes (10am Central). I am going to be driving from Knoxville with 5 other folks to see it hopefully.

Link to Belcourt event page.

Forum Hussy
Feb 8, 2005
Getting my tickets now. Should we try to set up a goon meet beforehand?

Cool Ranch
Sep 20, 2001
Nap Ghost
Holy crap. I think they are sold out already, but I nabbed my 6. Looking forward to hanging out in Nashville for a weekend.

Dutchbag
Jun 13, 2006
there is one that is about a 20 minute drive from here. Do you think this would make a good first date?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Dutchbag posted:

there is one that is about a 20 minute drive from here. Do you think this would make a good first date?
Hell yeah. If she hates it, good riddance, if she loves it, marry her.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The problem is if she wants to make out and all you want to do is watch the movie.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GreenNight posted:

The problem is if she wants to make out and all you want to do is watch the movie.
If she wants to make out, she doesn't care about Rifftrax and hence should be discarded like bad rubbish.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Plavski posted:

If she wants to make out, she doesn't care about Rifftrax and hence should be discarded like bad rubbish.

Well the only upside I see is watching the Rifftrax while a bj is taking place.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Who wouldn't want to make out with Tor Johnson onscreen? :swoon:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

fenix down posted:

Who wouldn't want to make out with Tor Johnson onscreen? :swoon:

"Time for go to bed."

Dutchbag
Jun 13, 2006
If I am paying 13 bux for a movie then I am going to get to enjoy that movie I payed for then she we will kiss after

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico
Got two tickets in Germantown MD, 5 minutes from my apartment, WOOP!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mister Kingdom posted:

http://www.icwxp.com/

Basically a DIY version of MST3K.

So a shameless knockoff of Rifftrax then?
edit: ah, they have the silhouettes and everything.

raditts fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 25, 2009

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Has anyone bought any of the Rifftrax DVDs they put out. This includes both the dvds from this page and the two VOD movies you can burn (Voodoo Man and Valley of the Dinosaur).

Speaking of that page, the short that was exclusive to Shorts Vol 1 is avaiable for purchase finally.

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/shake-hands-danger

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rirse posted:

Has anyone bought any of the Rifftrax DVDs they put out. This includes both the dvds from this page and the two VOD movies you can burn (Voodoo Man and Valley of the Dinosaur).

Speaking of that page, the short that was exclusive to Shorts Vol 1 is avaiable for purchase finally.

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/shake-hands-danger

Oh, good. That's the one they tried to show during their disastrous live show.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

The next Rifftrax presents is That Guy With The Glasses doing Batman Forever.

Based on the strength of their Lion King Riff, let me say this: DO NOT BUY THIS RIFF.

That dude is one unfunny sumbitch.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Plavski posted:

Based on the strength of their Lion King Riff, let me say this: DO NOT BUY THIS RIFF.

But.....he won a contest. How can it go wrong?

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Dutchbag posted:

If I am paying 13 bux for a movie then I am going to get to enjoy that movie I payed for then she we will kiss after

Oh man, I want to put a :goonsay: underneath this so bad, but two things are stopping me.

1.) Single emote replies are probate-able

2.) I kind of agree

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Plavski posted:

Really? I honestly like his Nostalgia Critic videos, haven't seen his riff stuff yet. No good?

Angry Tiny Man
Feb 26, 2007

I thought the Lion King riff was quite good; definitely better than the other iRiffs I've seen on the site.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Angry Tiny Man posted:

I thought the Lion King riff was quite good; definitely better than the other iRiffs I've seen on the site.
Man, you must've watched some very poor iRiffs. Now, admittedly, finding the gems is a difficult task as the vast majority of iRiffs are woeful but you obviously haven't watched any RiffRaff Theatre or Disciples of Golan riffs. They are far superior to that badly paced and tragically unfunny bit of old tosh. Rifftrax? More like Riffcraps!

IntrepidInventive
Nov 28, 2008

Ah shouldn't give advahce in E\N, Jennay
So I watched the Twilight one and thought it was pretty stupid. Is this a bad one or is this type of humor just not for me?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

IntrepidInventive posted:

So I watched the Twilight one and thought it was pretty stupid. Is this a bad one or is this type of humor just not for me?
Twilight is an average riff. There are better ones - ie. The Happening, Star Wars - A New Hope, Transformers, Star Trek 5.

I'd recommend just refreshing the main rifftrax.com page a few times and watching the free previews. If you don't like them (or MST3k), it's probably not for you.

IntrepidInventive
Nov 28, 2008

Ah shouldn't give advahce in E\N, Jennay

Plavski posted:

Twilight is an average riff. There are better ones - ie. The Happening, Star Wars - A New Hope, Transformers, Star Trek 5.

I'd recommend just refreshing the main rifftrax.com page a few times and watching the free previews. If you don't like them (or MST3k), it's probably not for you.

I love MST3K, but I am admittedly a bigger Joel fan, which I know is blasphemy to a lot of people. It's good to know Twilight was average though, because I heard from a lot of people that it was hilarious so I may have set my expectations too high.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

IntrepidInventive posted:

I love MST3K, but I am admittedly a bigger Joel fan, which I know is blasphemy to a lot of people. It's good to know Twilight was average though, because I heard from a lot of people that it was hilarious so I may have set my expectations too high.
Rifftrax is very much in the Mike sense of humour area. Joel was softer and the early MST series' were, as you know, much lighter in tone than the later ones. Rifftrax is pretty harsh and there's alot of bile in some of the Riffs. It's certainly more Werewolf than Pod People.

But the Twilight riff is kinda average, as I said, and would definitely not be the first one I'd show to someone new.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

If you only watch one Rifftrax, make it The Happening. I had to stop and restart it several times because I was laughing so hard. Not just at the riffs, either. The movie is so incredibly stupid and the acting is so bad, you have to believe it was supposed to be a comedy.

Just keep your hands off my lemon drink and hhhhot dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ordered my tickets for the live show. Going to the Iowa City showing.

• Locked thread