Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

The Rage posted:

Well all the muggs will be TRU, as they were the only ones to pick up that line. So don't think we'll have to hunt anywhere for those.

Most likely you wont find Deadpool for awhile at retail and it'll take a few extra shipping dates until you see a few.

But I see a Magneto mugg and that's been the Marvel one I've been wanting for awhile. So I am pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I heard a rumor that Hasbro won't be releasing all these Marvel Legends figures. Instead, they're going to have fans vote on three to be released in three different 2-packs, and Hasbro will pick three more to fill in the 2-packs. So before people get too excited, we might not get them all.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

If that's the case and people actually buy the first six, it seems like we'd get more eventually.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Did anyone ever find that X-men wave of Muggs? Every time I go to a TRU they just have older waves, I've never seen them.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Did anyone ever find that X-men wave of Muggs? Every time I go to a TRU they just have older waves, I've never seen them.

They never shipped to TRU stores. Wave 4 was the last to hit TRU stores with any regularity and the next one will be Wave 7. From there on out, they are exclusives.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yea it's a poll. Three new two-packs, one Hasbro's choice, one our choice.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

mods rename me posted:

Yea it's a poll. Three new two-packs, one Hasbro's choice, one our choice.

That's some crap. Oh well, Deadpool is pretty much a shoe-in, which is the only one I really care about. The casual fans are going to vote for him above all of the obscure characters because the old one is stupidly rare. I say that Deadpool and Hulk would look great in a two pack because they're both based on Mcguinness' artwork, and could honor that famous Joe Kelly issue.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I don't know who I'd vote for nothing is really on my must have list but I'd just take any new character.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Well here's where you can vote

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/en_US/discover/poll.cfm

I voted for Deadpool, Hulk, and Lady Bullseye.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I voted Maddrox, Havok, and Phoenix (alot of those looks great, but I really only collect X-Men related figs, sorry).

I will buy like 8 Maddrox as long as they pair him with another army builder like character (or good fodder character).

Havok's original costume is dated. His new modern look is great.

And I'm re-thinking my choice of Phoenix as I could care less about the white costume and I already own both the Toy Biz versions. But I do like that updated sculpt and she looks like a very easy repaint to get a nice green and red classic Phoenix. Pair her with Maddrox so I have 8 attempts to get her right. Then I can have a rainbow collection of Phoenixes to show my gay pride.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Wow that poll is awful and riddled with errors.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
yeah blackbolt looks like poo poo, gently caress you Hasblow.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Well here's where you can vote

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/en_US/discover/poll.cfm

I voted for Deadpool, Hulk, and Lady Bullseye.

Deadpool and Hulk are basically gimmes, man. You might as well vote for Wolverine.

Cocks Cable posted:

I already own both the Toy Biz versions. But I do like that updated sculpt and she looks like a very easy repaint to get a nice green and red classic Phoenix.

Whuh? You've already got the Toy Biz phoenix but you want the white one...so you can paint it to look like the toy you've already got??

Man Marvel collectors have gone insane with neglect or something the last couple of years. I'm glad I'm a DCUC man now. :smugdog:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My Dark Phoenix has two right legs thanks Toy Biz.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Travis343 posted:

Whuh? You've already got the Toy Biz phoenix but you want the white one...so you can paint it to look like the toy you've already got??

Yep. This new Phoenix has a superior actual feminine looking sculpt. The old Toy Biz Phoenix, while great for its time, now looks like a tranny compared to the more recent female bodies.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Travis343 posted:

Deadpool and Hulk are basically gimmes, man. You might as well vote for Wolverine.

Well regardless, if they do only make 3 of those, I don't want to be stuck with Bi-Beast (aka blackbolt) or Nuke just because I voted for them out of pity. The ones I voted on are the ones I would actually buy.

I did almost vote for Amazing Bag-head, just because it'd be funny to see it sitting on the pegs.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 24, 2009

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I voted for Terror, Ms. Marvel and Constrictor. Honestly though I would buy every single one of those figures.

What a crock, they finally show off stuff that makes people excited and they ruin it by only releasing 6 of them.

Fantabulero
Apr 28, 2009

POP, POP!

I really want that Fantomex.

But y'know what would be awesome? A "New X-Men" Cyclops. We're potentially getting a Fantomex and a White Hot Room Phoenix, though, so who knows?

The new Deadpool looks cool too, though I've already got the older one, so I doubt I'd pick it up.

I'd also really like to see a "Legends" scale Venom styled like this one, instead of the stupid giant-tongued slobbery style we usually get.

Fantabulero fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 24, 2009

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If they sell, its almost guaranteed the rest will be made.

Apparently people have been saying they had a Winter Soldier in the back, so I wonder if they may show some ones they will definitely release with the three we vote in.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well it is now officially back to "gently caress Hasbro" mode now.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=23&itemid=12344

I am honestly amazed with they way they handle EVERYTHING Marvel. The finally make stuff that people are interested in and more importantly excited about and they just piss it all away. Also the 2-Packs from this vote are going to be our favorite "retailer exclusive". Because you know everyone loves hunting for figures at whatever retailer. I still don't have any Red Hulk figures and my Ares lacks legs.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Could be TRU as the exclusive retailer ... where you can preorder the stuff online and not worry about it.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Satsuki posted:

Could be TRU as the exclusive retailer ... where you can preorder the stuff online and not worry about it.

Doubtful, I got a feeling it is Wal-Mart. They loving LOVE 2 packs.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That's why I'm concerned about the Giant battles packs being exclusive there ... but Walmart has all but cut out Legends and didn't pick up the second series of two packs.

TRU has to be doing well with presales on the second wave of two packs, so I'll stay optimistic and think they opted in for another wave.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

I love your posts because I imagine them being spoken by a really pissed off Donnie Darko. A grumpy Donnie Darko bitching about stupid toy companies.

Similar to how Bushifox's will always sound like the Comicbook guy in my head.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

I loving hope not, as if I didn't despise shopping there enough already, in the 5+ years they have existed, the 3 closest to me(the farthest being a little over a half hour drive) have only carried 1 or 2 of the store exclusives that have been put out. The only exclusive anything I can remember any of them getting is the one closest to me got a single case of the Ares wave in... that was it.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Goddamn, Hot Toys is making so much stuff next year.

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2009/sdcc2009_sideshow_hottoys_bottom.htm

I have to say, those Mars Attacks figures are pretty awesome.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I love your posts because I imagine them being spoken by a really pissed off Donnie Darko. A grumpy Donnie Darko bitching about stupid toy companies.

Similar to how Bushifox's will always sound like the Comicbook guy in my head.

Actually I am like a grumpy old man in every way. I have even started yelling at punk kids to get off of my lawn already. I get really irate about people and companies doing really dumb poo poo. It's really hard to get positive response for your product or whatnot but it is extremely easy to lose that.

It's like if MTV started to play some music based programing again perhaps they would be relevant instead of playing the Hills and How wants to get Paris Hilton's Valtrex.

Also it sounds like Hasbro has changed their tune about it being a single retailer exclusive all of the sudden. I wouldn't mind if I could order them on TRU.com. I really feel like Target and Wal-Mart really missed out of putting they Ares and Rulk waves online. I got a feeling they would have sold many more if people could be able to get them easily. Although I have a feeling that they want those more to get the collectors into the stores than to actually sell the figures.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Djarum posted:

Although I have a feeling that they want those more to get the collectors into the stores than to actually sell the figures.

Yea it's basically this. The WM exclusives lately have been a pain. I have a Crossbones, but the last three metallo pieces I need might as well be cast in gold.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man, that exclusive Metal Sonic looks so weird. All the recent Sonic toys that Toys R Us have had were really good. Instead of taking the same basic mold and making it look like Metal Sonic, they decided to make him look really different:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3579167

I don't know if anyone else here collects these Sonic figures so maybe I'm the only one who cares, but it just seems odd that instead of making a nice looking Metal Sonic that matches all the others they went with something like that. I'm probably still going to get it, though.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Man, that exclusive Metal Sonic looks so weird. All the recent Sonic toys that Toys R Us have had were really good. Instead of taking the same basic mold and making it look like Metal Sonic, they decided to make him look really different:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3579167

I don't know if anyone else here collects these Sonic figures so maybe I'm the only one who cares, but it just seems odd that instead of making a nice looking Metal Sonic that matches all the others they went with something like that. I'm probably still going to get it, though.

That's actually part of their vinyl line. Everyone's jumping on the mighty mugg bandwagon now. The real Metal Sonic looks like this

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

mods rename me posted:

Yea it's basically this. The WM exclusives lately have been a pain. I have a Crossbones, but the last three metallo pieces I need might as well be cast in gold.

I really, really hate exclusives. The original Wal-Mart Giant Man wave I never saw a single one of those figures ever. I wanted every single one of them and of course they now command a insane price on EBay which I won't pay. With the Ares wave I haven't been able to get a Vision or Crossbones and I am not paying retarded scalper prices on EBay. Crossbones is cool but he is not 40+ dollar cool. I'd rather buy another Sentinel for that kind of money.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Mattel announced the next dcuc waves

Wave 10 (walmart):
Beast Boy
Batman (all black with yellow symbol)
Forager
Joker
Power Girl
Robotman (with removable head)
Imperiex C&C

And Wave 11 was basically confirmed
Cyborg Superman (red lantern)
Deadman (andsee through varient)
John Stewart
Katma Tui
The Question
Shark
Steppenwolf (50/50 red and green)
C&C Killowog

New Matty Collector 2 packs:
Romat Ru and Karu-Sil
Animal Man and B'wanna Beast

A wal-mart 5 pack with Batman, Lex Luthor, Two-Face, Catwoman, and Superman. Apparently all of these figures are in their "silver age look"

And apparently there's also a Target exclusive wave based off of the new Batman/Superman movie with
Batman
Superman
Icicle
Black Lightning
Major Force
Silver Banshee
C&C Brimstone

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...ze=800&start=40 starting here there's a big slideshow

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The page isn't loading for me. Is that the Vic Sage or Renee Montoya Question?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Aphrodite posted:

The page isn't loading for me. Is that the Vic Sage or Renee Montoya Question?

Looks like a classic Vic to me. Same shots that were shown off in Toyfare.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

And Wave 11 was basically confirmed
Cyborg Superman (red lantern)

That's his Sinestro Corps uniform. Even though it's black and red he's not a Red lantern. You got me all excited for a second though.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Here's more salt in the wounds of ML fans, 4" modern Luke Cage. I thought it was Mr. T from the thumbnail

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
gently caress yeah a robotman figure! I can't wait to put a lil leather jacket on him.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Here's more salt in the wounds of ML fans, 4" modern Luke Cage. I thought it was Mr. T from the thumbnail

Yea, there is a Modern Thor right next to him too. Hasbro loves making GBS threads on people.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Djarum posted:

Yea, there is a Modern Thor right next to him too. Hasbro loves making GBS threads on people.

And they think people are in love with the 4" stuff. God drat loving nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Louisgod posted:

And they think people are in love with the 4" stuff. God drat loving nation.

I was talking to a buyer for a major store chain a couple of weeks ago and just happened to mention my Hasbro hate in passing. He proceeded to tell me about how Hasbro is pushing the Marvel Universe stuff by threatening to withhold higher selling stuff like Transformers and GI Joe movie stuff. Then he started bitching about how they had to order all of the MU stuff and it is not moving but they can't clearance it because they have so much inventory that they would take a pretty heavy loss.

Also in the conversation the guy said that Hasbro mandated that all Marvel Legends merchandise had to be cleared out before the Marvel Universe figures could be put on shelves.