Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

I was talking to a buyer for a major store chain a couple of weeks ago and just happened to mention my Hasbro hate in passing. He proceeded to tell me about how Hasbro is pushing the Marvel Universe stuff by threatening to withhold higher selling stuff like Transformers and GI Joe movie stuff. Then he started bitching about how they had to order all of the MU stuff and it is not moving but they can't clearance it because they have so much inventory that they would take a pretty heavy loss.

Also in the conversation the guy said that Hasbro mandated that all Marvel Legends merchandise had to be cleared out before the Marvel Universe figures could be put on shelves.
Amusingly enough when the first wave came out my local comic shop was saying how they couldn't keep Marvel Universe figures on the shelves with how many people were scooping them up. I wonder how much that's changed since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I dunno. The guy I talked to is a friend of my significant other's father. From what he was saying the company he works for took a beating over the Indiana Jones and Marvel 4 inch stuff. I don't feel like the guy has any reason to lie to me about it. I know the MU stuff here locally sat around for quite awhile where any 6 inch stuff period is gone almost instantly. My Target in fact has only 1 peg for MU and they haven't moved at all in 2 months or so.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
Wow, a lot of those new DCUC figures look great. The Cyborg Superman figure especially looks great and the same thing with Man-Bat. Can't wait to try and hunt down these ones!

Edit: KILOWOG C&C!

Whorehey fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 24, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

MU stuff has been doing OK around here. Not gangbusters, but OK.
Also where the hell is Martian Manhunter Mattel?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

That Man-Bat from Wave 10 is awesome looking.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Djarum posted:

I dunno. The guy I talked to is a friend of my significant other's father. From what he was saying the company he works for took a beating over the Indiana Jones and Marvel 4 inch stuff. I don't feel like the guy has any reason to lie to me about it. I know the MU stuff here locally sat around for quite awhile where any 6 inch stuff period is gone almost instantly. My Target in fact has only 1 peg for MU and they haven't moved at all in 2 months or so.
I'm not saying you're lying, I notice them clogging the shelves now too. I really think it has potential to be a good line if they'd stop half-assing it. Throw in more accessories, some larger figures or BAFs, vehicles, put the troop builders in figure sets rather than trying to sell them individually for the same price as everything else.

It's just so odd to me that the same company that makes G.I.Joe, which is similar styled figures of the same size, can totally gently caress up this line as much as they have.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

Mattel announced the next dcuc waves

Wave 10 (walmart):
Beast Boy
Batman (all black with yellow symbol)
Forager
Joker
Power Girl
Robotman (with removable head)
Imperiex C&C

And Wave 11 was basically confirmed
Cyborg Superman (red lantern)
Deadman (andsee through varient)
John Stewart
Katma Tui
The Question
Shark
Steppenwolf (50/50 red and green)
C&C Killowog

New Matty Collector 2 packs:
Romat Ru and Karu-Sil
Animal Man and B'wanna Beast

A wal-mart 5 pack with Batman, Lex Luthor, Two-Face, Catwoman, and Superman. Apparently all of these figures are in their "silver age look"

And apparently there's also a Target exclusive wave based off of the new Batman/Superman movie with
Batman
Superman
Icicle
Black Lightning
Major Force
Silver Banshee
C&C Brimstone

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...ze=800&start=40 starting here there's a big slideshow

So is it just accepted at this point that Wave 8 is a Canadian Wal-Mart/Ebay exclusive? Are these toys ever going to hit stores down here or should I suck it up and buy my Gentleman Ghost off ebay?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

LightsGameraAction posted:

I'm not saying you're lying, I notice them clogging the shelves now too. I really think it has potential to be a good line if they'd stop half-assing it. Throw in more accessories, some larger figures or BAFs, vehicles, put the troop builders in figure sets rather than trying to sell them individually for the same price as everything else.

It's just so odd to me that the same company that makes G.I.Joe, which is similar styled figures of the same size, can totally gently caress up this line as much as they have.

I think they would get a better reception if 1: They didn't utterly poo poo all over the Marvel Legends line and fans. and 2: Brought a better quality product for a slightly cheaper price. I think that is a big reason why they aren't selling. If you were a kid and saw a ugly Spider-Man for 8 bucks or a awesome looking GI Joe/Star Wars figure with a ton of accessories for 6-7 bucks which would you rather have?

Also I personally find it silly to have comic characters at the 4 inch scale just because there really isn't any vehicles or real playsets that comic book characters need. It makes sense for Star Wars and GI Joe because a big part of those universes is vehicles and playsets. I don't see anyone really clamoring for a Thunderbolts Mountain or Spider-Buggy.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Since this is the action figure thread, has anyone else heard about the drama going on over at action-figure.com? Long story short is the site hasn't updated in a month after being sold off.

So what's the best place for news now? I sometimes check out Toy Figure Times, but they really don't seem to have as much coverage as they used to, focusing mostly on Sideshow Collectables and almost no news on comic or video game properties.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jamesman posted:

Since this is the action figure thread, has anyone else heard about the drama going on over at action-figure.com? Long story short is the site hasn't updated in a month after being sold off.

So what's the best place for news now? I sometimes check out Toy Figure Times, but they really don't seem to have as much coverage as they used to, focusing mostly on Sideshow Collectables and almost no news on comic or video game properties.

https://www.toynewsi.com seems to be the best place personally. Or else just check https://www.thefwoosh.com forums.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I read marvelousnews.com for news (but it's usually directed from fwoosh) (and I'm not going to hyperlink it).

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

4" Jim Lee Jean Grey. gently caress You Hasbro.

They're like some reparative gay conversion priest. Why can't you ML collectors just start liking these MU figures like you are told? MU is the way god intended it!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm not posting another scale rant I'll just agree with Donnie Dorko up there.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
OH HELL YEA!

http://protoncharging.com/gb/wp-con...peck/index.html

Djarum fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 25, 2009

General Wishy
May 8, 2007

Cocks Cable posted:

4" Jim Lee Jean Grey. gently caress You Hasbro.

They're like some reparative gay conversion priest. Why can't you ML collectors just start liking these MU figures like you are told? MU is the way god intended it!

When ML got into about series 4 or so I wanted to have a set up like the cover to X-men #1. I'm glad I never got too far into it and sold my MLs, since Jim Lee Grey never happened.

Maybe with MUs I can try again.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

For me, it's the exact opposite, MU is selling out while ML collected dust over the years. In my area, the last 5 or so waves of legends sat around for months, sometimes years. Until about March, I could go to wal-mart and get every figure from the Ares wave except Crossbones. They were all clearanced to $8 from after christmas, and still no one wanted them. There's still a mountain of Skrull Electra/Ronin two packs at wal-mart, as well. There's also particular stores in town that still have older ML stuff like Emma Frost, Yellowjacket, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Human Torch from the FF wave, that are covered in dust with banged up packaging from being on the shelves for years. At Target, the Foom wave was clearanced after christmas as well. They never even stocked the Red Hulk wave.

The last 5 or so waves of Marvel Legends (basically since hasbro took over), at least where I live, have done terribly sales-wise. Maybe Hasbro wanted some sort of reboot that was more cost effective. I think the reason everything Legends-related that they're making now is some of retailer exclusive is because other retails won't pick up the line again after terrible sales.

There's a lot of shameful crap in the MU line, but aside from a few characters like cheeto-face Torch or Ronin, they are selling out. I believe all that's left at Target is like 1 Mrs. Marvel.

Travis343 posted:

So is it just accepted at this point that Wave 8 is a Canadian Wal-Mart/Ebay exclusive? Are these toys ever going to hit stores down here or should I suck it up and buy my Gentleman Ghost off ebay?

There's been a reports of people finding them at Toys R Us in the US, but nothing at Target or Wal-mart yet.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 25, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

The last 5 or so waves of Marvel Legends (basically since hasbro took over), at least where I live, have done terribly sales-wise.

Fish Of Doom posted:

(basically since hasbro took over)

:tipshat:

Hasbro's toys are crappy, been crappy from the beginning. They're starting to get better but it doesn't matter, at this point they've shot themselves in the foot. Now they're basically shutting out the 6 inch line because nobody bought their awful toys for the past five waves.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?dispsize=800&mode=view&album=2009_San_Diego_Comic_Con%2FMattel%2FGhostbusters%2F&pic=IMG_9543.jpg

The Winston head bugs me.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Travis343 posted:

Hasbro's toys are crappy, been crappy from the beginning. They're starting to get better but it doesn't matter, at this point they've shot themselves in the foot. Now they're basically shutting out the 6 inch line because nobody bought their awful toys for the past five waves.

Pretty much. Marvel Universe was more of a last resort reboot for that license, since no one was buying legends anymore. The figures were terrible for the most part and it's entirely their fault that it failed due to bad sculpts and ridiculous price points (~$15 at the end). I also think the later lines didn't have enough star power to appeal to children, either. No kid is going to spend $15 on a figure of some weird character they've never heard of. As sad as it is, the switch over to them making MU figures is probably a smart decision on their part.

I walked by an Emma Frost figure at Tuesday Morning the other day. It was like $3 and I almost bought it, but that headsculpt sucked way worse than anything that's come out in the entire MU line. Maybe it was on par with Punisher's Gorilla paw.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

For me, it's the exact opposite, MU is selling out while ML collected dust over the years. In my area, the last 5 or so waves of legends sat around for months, sometimes years. Until about March, I could go to wal-mart and get every figure from the Ares wave except Crossbones. They were all clearanced to $8 from after christmas, and still no one wanted them. There's still a mountain of Skrull Electra/Ronin two packs at wal-mart, as well. There's also particular stores in town that still have older ML stuff like Emma Frost, Yellowjacket, Jean Grey, Quicksilver, Human Torch from the FF wave, that are covered in dust with banged up packaging from being on the shelves for years. At Target, the Foom wave was clearanced after christmas as well. They never even stocked the Red Hulk wave.

The last 5 or so waves of Marvel Legends (basically since hasbro took over), at least where I live, have done terribly sales-wise. Maybe Hasbro wanted some sort of reboot that was more cost effective. I think the reason everything Legends-related that they're making now is some of retailer exclusive is because other retails won't pick up the line again after terrible sales.

There's a lot of shameful crap in the MU line, but aside from a few characters like cheeto-face Torch or Ronin, they are selling out. I believe all that's left at Target is like 1 Mrs. Marvel.

There's been a reports of people finding them at Toys R Us in the US, but nothing at Target or Wal-mart yet.

Interesting... I still need to get a Elektra/Ronin Two pack... I need to get a Green Quicksilver and Banshee here soon as well. I need to go where you live. lol

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Argh, two store exclusive DCUC waves? Those are going to be so expensive and difficult to import. On the bright side I looking forward to those two-packs.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Travis343 posted:

The funny thing is their figures looked less impressive and had less detail, but the Hasbro legends had one thing over the older ones: They were actually built solid. I've never had a problem with posing the few Hasbro ML's I have basically anyway I wanted. The older ML figures I always had the complaint of what's the point giving a figure 20+ points of articulation if half of the joints are flimsier than a sheet of paper and can't support the weight of the figure.

I seriously think Hasbro did the figures better, they just looked less good.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

LightsGameraAction posted:

The funny thing is their figures looked less impressive and had less detail, but the Hasbro legends had one thing over the older ones: They were actually built solid. I've never had a problem with posing the few Hasbro ML's I have basically anyway I wanted. The older ML figures I always had the complaint of what's the point giving a figure 20+ points of articulation if half of the joints are flimsier than a sheet of paper and can't support the weight of the figure.

I seriously think Hasbro did the figures better, they just looked less good.

I agree here.

The thing that bugs me the most though?

The Japanese collector toys.. you know.. like Revoltech and other toys with $20-$30 price points are made so flawlessly and wonderful. All the joints react the way you want them to, rarely stick, they can support their own weight, flawless paint jobs.

I don't understand why and how Hasbro expected to sell a $14.99 Legends figure that had a crappy paint job when for $5 you could get a flawless fully posable rendition of Optimus Prime from Revoltech.

Like what the gently caress. Even that $20 Marvel Select line has weird sculpts and bizarre poses (read: Cloak and Dagger, Extremis Iron Man).. I don't get what the Japanese seem to know about toy production compared to its American counterparts.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Jet Ready Go posted:

I agree here.

The thing that bugs me the most though?

The Japanese collector toys.. you know.. like Revoltech and other toys with $20-$30 price points are made so flawlessly and wonderful. All the joints react the way you want them to, rarely stick, they can support their own weight, flawless paint jobs.

I don't understand why and how Hasbro expected to sell a $14.99 Legends figure that had a crappy paint job when for $5 you could get a flawless fully posable rendition of Optimus Prime from Revoltech.

Like what the gently caress. Even that $20 Marvel Select line has weird sculpts and bizarre poses (read: Cloak and Dagger, Extremis Iron Man).. I don't get what the Japanese seem to know about toy production compared to its American counterparts.

Action figures are a much bigger deal in Japan than they are in America. Really I think the action figure market in America has been on a pretty big decline since the 80's and has only recently shown signs of turning around.

Aside from that though, Japan is not beholden to a lot of the safety standards US toy companies are, and as such they can fully embrace and pander to collectors a lot more, thus more expensive toys with sharp pieces and whatever have you.

Comparing the markets are like comparing apples and oranges. I don't think Revoltech's would work for an American crowd because as awesome as the style is it would probably break really easily if a reckless little kid was playing with it, then the broken piece would choke them and their parents would sue, so nobody's even going to risk that poo poo.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Thanks America. Land of the free, home of the stupid. LOL.

It just gets on me so much, I used to buy one or two figures from any given Legends wave and pose them.. then in about a week they fall down never to be posed in the same way again because of lovely joints or warping plastics. Then I stopped buying them and concentrated on Japanese collectables... I pose them over and over.. they never falter and their limbs are always as tight as the day they were born.

I really wish America could begin pushing the concept of responsibility rather than having whole generations of dimwits who sire babies that have little to no hand eye coordination and would choke and die on pieces of plastic.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well the Japanese also make those toys for a older collector market, something that toy makers in the States just haven't really tapped as a market. I mean if you look at the limited players in the older toy owner market it is dominated by Japanese toymakers. Mattel has sorta dipped their toe into the water with the Matty Collector stuff; He-Man and now Ghostbusters. It seems to be doing well and I mean if loving Sideshow is still around with all the junk they release there is a market for a higher end toy market. I wonder what kind of numbers Mattel is doing? I would guess perhaps 20-40k a figure?

Hasbro's pathetic attempt at trying the same sort of thing ended in failure as pretty much everything else they have done. I really wonder how many Sunfires they expected to sell as they keep showing up everywhere.

The Marvel Select stuff is almost always brain damaged in almost ever respect. They keep putting out characters that are already done most of the time better by Marvel Legends, in a weird scale and with asstastic articulation. There are some exceptions most notably Thanos, Watcher and the recent Thor. That new Spider-Man they are showing off is just embarrassing.

Really, the best solution is for Hasbro to give up the 6 inch license to Marvel Select and let them do a Matty Collector sort of program where a figure a month is made and they cost 15-20 bucks. Toy Biz style sculpts, articulation and paints with Hasbro plastic. Start it off with a Extremis Iron Man, Jim Lee Jean Gray, Modern Luke Cage, Jubilee and Bucky Captain America.

I am sure there is enough Marvel Legends collectors out there to keep it going. I imagine as long as it is kept online only Hasbro wouldn't care since it won't effect their sacred 4 inch line and be thankful that they don't have to deal with the constant complaints from the 6 inch collectors. I really is a win-win-win for everyone involved.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

I am sure there is enough Marvel Legends collectors out there to keep it going. I imagine as long as it is kept online only Hasbro wouldn't care since it won't effect their sacred 4 inch line and be thankful that they don't have to deal with the constant complaints from the 6 inch collectors. I really is a win-win-win for everyone involved.

Since ML is pretty much a collector-only line at this point, there's no reason this shouldn't work. I mean Hasbro's even releasing those unreleased Wave 5 Indiana Jones figures as some sort of exclusive order thing, and those sold worse than marvel legends. Masters of the Universe Classics is a great example of a line that would die at mass retail, but is a huge success because none of the figures are overproduced. I don't think Marvel Legends could ever be successful at retail again, unless they literally restarted the whole series. I guarantee once the Nemesis wave actually hits nation-wide, and the initial scalpers get their fix, they will be everywhere just sitting on pegs not selling.

1 legend figure a month for $20 each, only 3000 of each made. They'll make their money back and people will be happy. Actually, that's wrong, people will complain no matter what, but it would solve some of the problem.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Uhhh...does someone want to explain what Batman is wearing in this picture...

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?m...ize=800&start=0

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Donde Esta posted:

Zebra Stripe Batman. It makes perfect sense. It was from Detective Comics #204 where Batman needed to infiltrate a team of Zulu warriors that worshiped Zebras and dressed accordingly.

Fish Of Doom posted:

1 legend figure a month for $20 each, only 3000 of each made. They'll make their money back and people will be happy. Actually, that's wrong, people will complain no matter what, but it would solve some of the problem.

$20 for a shitass figure? gently caress that poo poo.

I can hardly get myself to send $10 on their retarded Marvel Universe figures.

You know what I don't get?

You got GI Joes.. and you got Star Wars figures.. why the gently caress did Hasbro decide to waste MORE money by creating a whole new "sculpt" line? An inferior one at that.

I'd have been so happy to buy "25th Anniversary" versions of Marvel Figures.. you wouldn't believe it. I would have literally bought every single one, and I have a feeling there are people here who would have done the same thing for the GI Joe size, articulation, and price point.

Am I the only one that thinks there's some weird smelling poo poo in toilet town?

Why the hell are we getting bizarre rear end in a top hat figures from the MU line and when is Hasbro going to need 400 Billion of my bailout money because the only thing they are good at is creating Spidey cars and taking turns sucking each others dicks?

Jet Ready Go fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Jul 25, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ugh, Mattel is launching another line of 12" doll-looking figures with cloth outfits. Unless you're Hot Toys and can make your dolls cost hundreds of dollars, this has never looked good ever. It was poo poo when Toy Biz made Marvel Famous Covers and it's poo poo today.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

Since ML is pretty much a collector-only line at this point, there's no reason this shouldn't work. I mean Hasbro's even releasing those unreleased Wave 5 Indiana Jones figures as some sort of exclusive order thing, and those sold worse than marvel legends. Masters of the Universe Classics is a great example of a line that would die at mass retail, but is a huge success because none of the figures are overproduced. I don't think Marvel Legends could ever be successful at retail again, unless they literally restarted the whole series. I guarantee once the Nemesis wave actually hits nation-wide, and the initial scalpers get their fix, they will be everywhere just sitting on pegs not selling.

Well I think more than 3000 will need to be made/sold. A little Google Research says that between 10-30k are being made a figure, which is not enough for a mass market figure but looks to be able to turn a profit with the limited amount of marketing, nearly no distribution and the amount of sculpting made on each figure. A Legends line would hopefully have more sculpting costs than the normal MOTU figure but I would imagine more people would be interested in good quality figures of not only highly wanted stuff like the Jean Grey but timely releases of new/revamped characters.

I honestly feel like that is the biggest sore spot for a comic book fan with the Marvel Legends line, Marvel should be using Hasbro/whomever as a way to market themselves and vice versa. When Marvel made Bucky Captain America, Hasbro should have had a Bucky Captain America figure out that same month or around that time. There should have been a entire Secret Invasion wave, imagine a X-Men or Illuminati Super Skrull, Skrull Queen, Mockingbird, Nick Fury and a Extremis Iron Man. Or a Dark Reign wave that has Iron Patriot, Marvel Boy, Daken, Female Loki and a Hank Pym Wasp. I mean these are just pulled out of my rear end here but it would seem to me like it would be easier to sell a comic book based toy line that is dealing with current comics. Maybe include with each event wave a teaser comic like what we got when Dark Reign started to show people who might not be exposed to the comics, you know like kids these days, but also adults who may see a Bucky Captain America and wonder why he looks so weird and inside is a comic explaining it all and there is a new Captain America reader! It might also give Marvel the perfect way to get back into mass market comics and get comics back into places like a Wal-Mart or Supermarkets again.

But it is all woulda, shoulda, coulda and for whatever reason I am not in charge of anything at all.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

Ugh, Mattel is launching another line of 12" doll-looking figures with cloth outfits. Unless you're Hot Toys and can make your dolls cost hundreds of dollars, this has never looked good ever. It was poo poo when Toy Biz made Marvel Famous Covers and it's poo poo today.

It's 9 inch or whatever Mego size/style. There still is a fairly large audience for those style of figures. There is a couple of companies that make small run Mego stuff and the figures command sometimes near HT/Medicom prices. I know it amazes me too, but then again I wasn't alive when Mego was King. But then again people my age spend a ton of money on Transformers reissues and deluxe remakes. I guess it is the same thing.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Megos are kind of cute they have a certain charm.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

Well I think more than 3000 will need to be made/sold. A little Google Research says that between 10-30k are being made a figure, which is not enough for a mass market figure but looks to be able to turn a profit with the limited amount of marketing, nearly no distribution and the amount of sculpting made on each figure. A Legends line would hopefully have more sculpting costs than the normal MOTU figure but I would imagine more people would be interested in good quality figures of not only highly wanted stuff like the Jean Grey but timely releases of new/revamped characters.

It seems that the MOTU line production numbers averages around 15,000. If it's a popular long demanded character like Jean Grey, they could probably do at least 20k, but if it's someone like Brother Voodoo or Terror Inc., it would almost be foolish to make over 10,000.

Jet Ready Go posted:

$20 for a shitass figure? gently caress that poo poo.

I can hardly get myself to send $10 on their retarded Marvel Universe figures.

I just said that because that's pretty much what Mattycollector asks for a single figure. Marvel Legends would probably also use less reused parts than the MOTU line as well. It's what the Dark Knight Movie Masters will go for as well. $20 at the least is what they'd be each, two packs would be like $35-$40. Limited production numbers means that they'll have to basically charge what a comic store would charge.

Donde Esta posted:

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jul 25, 2009

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I know most people don't care about the Nemesis wave since its Hasbro crap and all ... but looks like its starting to hit outside of California, two sightings in Arizona now, looks like they are moving East.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Fish Of Doom posted:

I just said that because that's pretty much what Mattycollector asks for a single figure. Marvel Legends would probably also use less reused parts than the MOTU line as well. It's what the Dark Knight Movie Masters will go for as well. $20 at the least is what they'd be each, two packs would be like $35-$40. Limited production numbers means that they'll have to basically charge what a comic store would charge.

Oh yeah sorry about that, I didn't mean it to sound like a personal jab at you. What you said made sense. I just meant $20 for the current shitassness of Hasbro "Legends" toys would be even more dick shrinking than the $10 price for their baby raping MU line.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Satsuki posted:

I know most people don't care about the Nemesis wave since its Hasbro crap and all ... but looks like its starting to hit outside of California, two sightings in Arizona now, looks like they are moving East.

The Nemesis stuff isn't that bad. The Daredevil is fantastic and everything else is passable, Black Bolt's shitastic body and Beast's knees withstanding. I am going to switch my BB's body with a Black Spider-Man's and Beast's knees are fixable, but it is more work than I am willing to put into it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Satsuki posted:

I can confirm this, I saw it at two different Wal-Marts in Arizona today.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Have they said anything about this line hitting anywhere else besides the 8 Wal-Marts in San Diego?

edit: apparently I need to refresh the thread before I post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

So who's gonna hook me up I will trade you everything in my junk fodder drawer!