Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wolfy posted:

whatever happened to if it aint broke don't fix it?

adidas selling new kits each year happened.

the blue ain't bad but that yellow sucks. then again I'm not the target audience so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
New Reading away kit is lime green. I give up.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Bacon of the Sea posted:

New Reading away kit is lime green. I give up.

Let's see it then!

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

No pics yet, but it's bee seen around the mad stad and such. Apparently it's the same design as the home one, lime green with a lighter green bib/cape.

First thing that comes to my mind?

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

MY SEARCH IS OVER.

I now own this little beauty, £20 on Ebay.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
The new Pumas kit. Lookin' classy.

Jaw Dropper
Jul 1, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

No pics yet, but it's bee seen around the mad stad and such. Apparently it's the same design as the home one, lime green with a lighter green bib/cape.

First thing that comes to my mind?

Aww shucks :(

Is that worse or better than bright orange though?

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Theageofdust posted:

Shouldn't there be a crest or am I missing something?

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Craiglen posted:

Shouldn't there be a crest or am I missing something?

you are.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Oh right I get it now.

Voluspa
Mar 17, 2006

HURRRRley

Craiglen posted:

Oh right I get it now.

you sure?

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah I found them on Wikipedia and noticed the puma like shape

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what's with the weird circuit-board detailing, this isn't the year 1998.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007

Fag Boy Jim posted:

what's with the weird circuit-board detailing, this isn't the year 1998.

Well it is Mexico..

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Theageofdust posted:

"classy" isn't exactly the word I'd use for most Mexican kits, good god.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Jaw Dropper posted:

Aww shucks :(

Is that worse or better than bright orange though?

I'm going to lean with better.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Proper picture of the new City away kit, might have to get this one too:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

I was just about to post this. I wasn't too keen on it before but on the players it looks pretty smart.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
it's cause it's fitted

looks nicer than the baggy poo poo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I might have to get all of City's kits, and I'm not even a fan, that's how good they look

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Wow, Toure hasn't been wasting any time.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

I like it.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

euroboy posted:

Wow, Toure hasn't been wasting any time.

I like the pixels where they photoshopped his head in. It's classy.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

w00bi posted:

I like it.

I love it. But it isn't out until the end of august :(

After seeing the away kit in the friendlys and in jjb it's really grown on me. And I'm gonna have to buy one tommorow when I get paid.

Outrespective
Oct 9, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

w00bi posted:

I like it.

No tit panels?

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Tit panels are the best panels

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The away one doesn't have tit panels either.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
You'll notice that Everton weren't wearing that fancy pink kit at the MLS all star game. You think they will end up just using the white instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK2sXWJSJjo&feature=player_embedded

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Theageofdust posted:

You'll notice that Everton weren't wearing that fancy pink kit at the MLS all star game.

They couldn't wear it because the kit's mostly black, and that would've conflicted with the blue/black the MLS side wore. I wouldn't go getting your hopes up just yet.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Fitted kits are the way to go, and the collar is neat. I don't think I've seen one like that before.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

Fitted kits are the way to go, and the collar is neat. I don't think I've seen one like that before.

Except fitted kits then look terrible on fat fans

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Roma kits for 09/10

I do like the third kit and the use of the old badge. But teams with fit jerseys should make an alternative "fan" version. Even if you are skinny enough to wear those they just don't look or feel right wearing around outside the pitch.

Jaw Dropper
Jul 1, 2008

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I'm going to lean with better.

Actually it's turned out pretty good! Simple and nice :)

Will look forward to seeing it in action tomorrow though for a proper look.

Jaw Dropper fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 31, 2009

G-Dub
Dec 28, 2004

The Gonz
The Rangers strip was only on sale to pre-orders and at Ibrox as Rangers didn't make enough. Full sale is tomorrow. That's not a lot of use when you're travelling to a match tonight! Hoping to find somewhere in London with it tomorrow, but i'm not hopeful.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

G-Dub posted:

The Rangers strip was only on sale to pre-orders and at Ibrox as Rangers didn't make enough. Full sale is tomorrow. That's not a lot of use when you're travelling to a match tonight! Hoping to find somewhere in London with it tomorrow, but i'm not hopeful.

If you give me a ticket, you can have it sent to me and I'll hand deliver it for Sunday. :)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

calcio posted:

I do like the third kit and the use of the old badge. But teams with fit jerseys should make an alternative "fan" version. Even if you are skinny enough to wear those they just don't look or feel right wearing around outside the pitch.

The thing is, there is a difference between a nice tailored kit, like England has, and what Roma uses. You can't actually hide fat with bagginess. A properly sized tailored shirt can actually have a somewhat slimming effect on a person who is overweight. Obviously this won't really apply if you need a XXXL, but people who are like twenty pounds over should still wear fitted clothes. A baggy shirt only serves to make you look like a balloon. This is why NFL jerseys are possibly the most unflattering thing a guy can wear unless he is 250 lbs. of straight rip. But Roma shirts are Taylor Twellman Tight(tm) and make it look like the third jersey should be made by Ed Hardy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the problem is that the NFL replicas are also just gigantic, baggy mesh jerseys. The real jerseys are so far different; seeing them on players without pads is even different from the replicas too.

but yeah the problem with the fat fans is that XXXL Kappa jerseys are going to look just as bad as XXXL baggy Adidas or Umbro or whatever shirts. It's just not going to look terribly good regardless.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So the moral of the story is, don't be fat. poo poo, if I could just lost another twenty pounds I would be the sexiest white looking half-Mexican to wear a USMNT jersey since Carlos Bocanegra. If.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

CubanMissile posted:

So the moral of the story is, don't be fat. poo poo, if I could just lost another twenty pounds I would be the sexiest white looking half-Mexican to wear a USMNT jersey since Carlos Bocanegra. If.

Eh, be realistic and just work your way up to Bornstein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Challenge accepted.