Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoover Dam posted:

Eh, be realistic and just work your way up to Bornstein.

Wouldn't you have to work your way down to Bornstein and then work your way back up to Bocanegra?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Shrapnac posted:

Wouldn't you have to work your way down to Bornstein and then work your way back up to Bocanegra?

No, but first a rabbi has to turn you away three times.

Flapper
Dec 20, 2002

Just reminiscing about the 80's.

Jaw Dropper posted:

Actually it's turned out pretty good! Simple and nice :)

Will look forward to seeing it in action tomorrow though for a proper look.

Oh I like that.

Have we released a new GK shirt yet? Looking to get one now my main man Federici is in the 1.

Jaw Dropper
Jul 1, 2008

Flapper posted:

Oh I like that.

Have we released a new GK shirt yet? Looking to get one now my main man Federici is in the 1.

Only for our home kit, the away kit doesn't seem to have a specific GK shirt. So this is our current goalie shirt:

Bonus pic:

Cisse just loves Noel :)

Borogrove
Apr 12, 2008

I refuse to believe there's a time where Noel Hunt isn't trying to start a row. His first 4 minutes of his International debut I was convinced he was going to do a Noel Campbell.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Love those Reading kits.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Jaw Dropper posted:

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Grez posted:

I had no idea Jason Lee signed for Reading

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It's even more obvious in their stadium with a giant white on green Waitrose banner right behind them.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Jaw Dropper posted:

:downs:

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.
Just out of curiosity, any ideas how much these teams make by putting huge logos on the shirts?

I really don't think I could bring myself to buy a giant advert (but I'll really want some classic ones).

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

s0meb0dy0 posted:

Just out of curiosity, any ideas how much these teams make by putting huge logos on the shirts?

I really don't think I could bring myself to buy a giant advert (but I'll really want some classic ones).

Any team advertising either a Gambling firm or Alcohol (which is the vast majority) will offer a sponsorless one if you ask them.

And about £60 million over 4 years was what AIG paid Manchester United. ESPN

Barca could probably get the same but donated theirs to UNICEF, Villa are sponsored by ACORNS (A local charity) and Real Madrid used to be sponsored by Real Madrid.com

That's all I can remember for sponsorship.

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

ibroxmassive posted:

Any team advertising either a Gambling firm or Alcohol (which is the vast majority) will offer a sponsorless one if you ask them.
This is fantastic to know, because I need to pick a premiership team to follow, and kits are as good a criteria as any.

The impression I get is that teams have little say in the actual design of the kits (other than colors/sponsors of course). Is that the case? If so, who actually designs them? Puma/Nike/etc.?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

s0meb0dy0 posted:

This is fantastic to know, because I need to pick a premiership team to follow, and kits are as good a criteria as any.

The impression I get is that teams have little say in the actual design of the kits (other than colors/sponsors of course). Is that the case? If so, who actually designs them? Puma/Nike/etc.?

Don't pick a team for their kit for the love of god.

Watch some games, different teams play different styles and have different cunts players that you'll find yourself irrationally hating (Don't support Leeds, everyone hates Leeds)(And Chelsea). Just watch and you'll find a team that you back a little more than the others, and that's your team.

MJ_Turbo
Oct 15, 2005
da fuq?

s0meb0dy0 posted:

I need to pick a premiership team to follow

Everton unless you are a gloryhunting oval office

you're not a oval office are you?

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

^^^ I mentioned picking based upon the kit and you suggest Everton? Are you insane??

ibroxmassive posted:

Don't pick a team for their kit for the love of god.

Watch some games, different teams play different styles and have different cunts players that you'll find yourself irrationally hating (Don't support Leeds, everyone hates Leeds)(And Chelsea). Just watch and you'll find a team that you back a little more than the others, and that's your team.
Not to continue the sidetrack (I say while continuing it), but that would put me in the Arsenal camp which is almost cheating. If you pick a team and root for them, no matter why, you'll come to love them.

s0meb0dy0 fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 2, 2009

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

s0meb0dy0 posted:

Not to continue the sidetrack (I say while continuing it), but that would put me in the Arsenal camp which is almost cheating. If you pick a team and root for them, no matter why, you'll come to love them.

Support Burnley instead.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

s0meb0dy0 posted:

If you pick a team and root for them, no matter why, you'll come to love them.

Pretty sure this doesn't apply for Newcastle

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The Mash posted:

Pretty sure this doesn't apply for Newcastle
Love, or love to hate, all the same thing. Fans love to feel emotion, and don't much care whether its good or bad (although we all say otherwise).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

s0meb0dy0 posted:

^^^ I mentioned picking based upon the kit and you suggest Everton? Are you insane??

they'll have these kits for two years at most - the pink and black away will probably be gone next year. The common tie is colors and crest - the specific style will change, and the design will change within a certain range.

It seems like the teams are provided designs by their kit manufacturers and have a back-and-forth dialogue and design process. How big the club is and what kind of deal with the kit supplier they have usually determines how much the kit is tailored for the team. A big Nike team like Arsenal or Manchester United are going to have more say in their design than, say, the New Zealand national team (who also have Nike).

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
SUPPORT LIVERPOOL

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

support all teams

be a winner forever

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

City have the nicest kits this season. but pick Villa, we need more supporters here :ohdear:

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

What teams currently dont have supporters in this forum? We should auction them off.

-Burnley
-Stoke
-Wigan

those are your choices

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

s0meb0dy0 posted:

Well based on these criteria you should be a City fan, our kits are objectively the best this year.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Liverpool have the best kits. Home is classic though not new. The black and the white ones are classy as gently caress.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

ICA posted:

Liverpool have the best kits. Home is classic though not new. The black and the white ones are classy as gently caress.

The black one looks good in the photo's but I saw one at the adidas store in NYC and I didn't really like it that much.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

MoPZiG posted:

What teams currently dont have supporters in this forum? We should auction them off.

-Burnley
-Stoke
-Wigan

those are your choices

I'm a Stoke fan but I don't post very often.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

ICA posted:

Liverpool went to poo poo after the Crown Paints and Candy era

my favorite kit ever.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 3, 2009

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Raptor Jesus posted:

City have the nicest kits this season. but pick Villa, we need more supporters here :ohdear:

I never say anything, but I support Villa. Since this is a kit thread, I might as well mention that their away kit last year was totally rad. This year's isn't bad, but I'm a total sucker for baby blue and black.

metabook
Jan 11, 2004

josh lyman 4ever
Another Villa supporter chiming in. This year's away shirts are classy as hell.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Well based on these criteria you should be a City fan, our kits are objectively the best this year.

Not a City fan.

But he's right.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

I hope you all die in a fire for having those shirts AND that goddamn fantastic website. Cunts.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The rich kids always have such nice clothes. :(

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

Jaw Dropper posted:

I like it! I had a moment of "Oh, hang on..." when at the Chelsea game I looked about and saw it's the same green as the Waitrose adverts around the stadium. I pondered if we were becoming Waitrose FC. But having seen Emirates FC playing at the Emirates Stadium, used their Emirates toilets, had an Emirates nacho box and got smiled at by the Emirates air hostesses while Emirates Wiltshire knocked the Emirates ball into the Emirates net and people were told to wave their Emirates caps to see if they could get on the Emirates big screen, I decided the away kit's really in the shallow end of sponsorship compared to some poor bastards.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Raptor Jesus posted:

Liverpool went to poo poo after the Crown Paints and Candy era

I think you'll find they went to poo poo very much during the Candy era, thanks to adidas:

Great foresight from United to ditch adidas for umbro immediately prior to them ditching the trefoil and sleeve stripes for these abortions. Loads of teams at Euro 92/WC 94 had the same design.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

Grez posted:

I think you'll find they went to poo poo very much during the Candy era, thanks to adidas:

Great foresight from United to ditch adidas for umbro immediately prior to them ditching the trefoil and sleeve stripes for these abortions. Loads of teams at Euro 92/WC 94 had the same design.

I remember when my competitive U14 team got these jerseys. I thought they were the most badass thing ever

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Bacon of the Sea posted:

I like it! I had a moment of "Oh, hang on..." when at the Chelsea game I looked about and saw it's the same green as the Waitrose adverts around the stadium. I pondered if we were becoming Waitrose FC. But having seen Emirates FC playing at the Emirates Stadium, used their Emirates toilets, had an Emirates nacho box and got smiled at by the Emirates air hostesses while Emirates Wiltshire knocked the Emirates ball into the Emirates net and people were told to wave their Emirates caps to see if they could get on the Emirates big screen, I decided the away kit's really in the shallow end of sponsorship compared to some poor bastards.

I thought it looked pretty good, at least it's a decent green, especially when the alternative was a team of traffic cones.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Grez posted:

That kit's boss I'll have you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

TheNakedJimbo posted:

I never say anything, but I support Villa. Since this is a kit thread, I might as well mention that their away kit last year was totally rad. This year's isn't bad, but I'm a total sucker for baby blue and black.

I have to agree that last year was a good year for away shirts. Marseille (I have a long sleeve of it) and Villa both had really nice aways.