Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upsciLLion
Feb 9, 2006

Bees?

fordham posted:

If you are approved, you get your $3500 or $4500 (depending on the new car you bought). If you are not approved, you get scrap value for your car.

You get the $3500 or $4500 AND the scrap value minus a $50 administrative fee that dealer keeps. See page 4, section d, part 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Does anyone have the soft upper sliders for half doors? How thick are they stacked together? Is the window nice or a pain in the rear end or anything is better than that clear plastic flap in your face?

I want something manageable for my half doors. Something I could stick behind the front seats when off. I'm just trying to figure out if I want/need the nice windows on soft uppers or just get the old pita style, either way my thinking is I'll just have them stowed unless it's raining.

Seems like it's ~320 for soft uppers and ~430 for soft sliders.

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 31, 2009

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, im looking to get a Grand Cherokee (WJ) - Part of my goals for the jeep would be to get it lifted and take it out on local trails here. After doing some looking around at Jeep forums, ive started to notice a trend, especially among WJ Grand Cherokee's, the trend being the total and utter "brah" fest that WJ Cherokee's seem to be. Stuffing huge subs and all of the Hella lights they can get there hands on into every possible inch of open space.

Good people of AI - Will you look down on me if I get a WJ Grand Cherokee?

Also, does anyone have any experience with getting a WJ lifted? The most common route seems to be something like 3" springs from https://www.ironrockoffroad.com and some combination of track bars, sway bars and quick disconnects from JKS or IRO.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Installed some Air Lift air bags the other day and I gotta say they're pretty awesome. Originally I got them for level towing but they have really helped out the sagging leafs with just a bit of air pressure, ride is great too was a bit worried about that. It looks a lot better with equal wheel gap all around.

Also installed cruise control with some used parts and praying it's gonna work haha.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

WildFoxMedia posted:

Good people of AI - Will you look down on me if I get a WJ Grand Cherokee?

There's a lot of WJ owners in this thread. :raise:

It's not what you drive, it's what you do to it that matters.

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

There's a lot of WJ owners in this thread. :raise:

It's not what you drive, it's what you do to it that matters.

I apologize, I suppose the bro's got to me as I was trying to find useful information about lifting a WJ.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

WildFoxMedia posted:

I apologize, I suppose the bro's got to me as I was trying to find useful information about lifting a WJ.

I'd drive the gently caress out of it's leather seated rear end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
New tires = Less Mall, more Off-road.

I know, a small change, but it works for me.

Here is 1 week vs 3 months.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

DILLIGAF posted:

you found old style goodyear mtrs? or are those bfgs?

Guacala
Jul 19, 2009

DILLIGAF posted:

It looks more aesthetically pleasing with the new tires. Thank you for doing that.

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008

Tossed_Salad_Man posted:

I'd drive the gently caress out of it's leather seated rear end.

Yes, that is loving badass.

Link? Link? Link?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

WildFoxMedia posted:

Yes, that is loving badass.

Link? Link? Link?

http://www.rockkrawler.com/?r_intro=1

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Tossed_Salad_Man posted:

Those are BFGs

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Tossed_Salad_Man posted:

They are BFGs. Not the greatest tires, but a set of 5 low mile (2K) for $350 was too good to pass up.

BTW: For those interested, the lift settled out to 3.25" in the rear, a hair short of 4" in the front.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.

DILLIGAF posted:

They are BFGs. Not the greatest tires, but a set of 5 low mile (2K) for $350 was too good to pass up.

BTW: For those interested, the lift settled out to 3.25" in the rear, a hair short of 4" in the front.

My treadwright mtgs will arrive wed. I'll post a pic as soon as I get em mounted.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Its a shame that the 33x12.5's arent offered in the new "MTG" tread pattern.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

WildFoxMedia posted:

Here ya go BRAH

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=452634

Everything you need to know about lifting a WJ.

and because I like to whore mine out

2"BB 245/75/r16

Needs more lift and bigger tires

Henchman 21 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 31, 2009

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008
KickStand, thanks for the link, thats awesome.

Feel free to whore your Jeep out as much as possible, I like seeing what everyone does to theres.

I have been curious as to why people seem to enjoy piecing together there lifts from various companies like IRO, JKS, Claytons, etc.

IRO has a 4" kit that includes what seems to me, all of the parts required including the ones found in the spreadsheet that KickStand linked to. I wonder if theres something I just dont know about those all in one packages :iiam:

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

WildFoxMedia posted:

Feel free to whore your Jeep out as much as possible, I like seeing what everyone does to theres.

I have been curious as to why people seem to enjoy piecing together there lifts from various companies like IRO, JKS, Claytons, etc.

IRO has a 4" kit that includes what seems to me, all of the parts required including the ones found in the spreadsheet that KickStand linked to. I wonder if theres something I just dont know about those all in one packages :iiam:

Often you can piece together a lift cheaper than you can buy a package. You can also find packages that are good, but they may have one or two items that are not as good as the stuff you can get from other companies.

Me, I did it to save money and to get exactly what I wanted without the extras that I may not need.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE

WildFoxMedia posted:

People like to go to different companies because they can piece it together slowly when things go on sale.
Example being teraflex springs for WJs being on closeout right now http://www.teraflex.biz/products/spring-4-frt-wj.html $35 per spring. Sure why not

With the 4" lift your really pushing the suspension out of wack to the point where you need some new control arms.

I would say anything after 3" go with long arms and all the supporting modifications and just be done with it. Then you dont have to worry about dropping money on lift after lift.

I would have just upgraded once directly to long arms if i hadn't gotten laid off.

nullfox
Aug 19, 2008
With the 4" I was actually planning to do the long arm - which IRO has a kit for. It does make sense to piece items to together, especially if you dont want/have the money to drop potentially $1200 in one shot for just lift.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
I think I'm going to go with hi-line fenders and beefed up control arm all around, and some really good shocks.

Edit: Also it's still weird to me to run across someone from this forum on another forum....I dunno. I love this place.

Tossed_Salad_Man fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Aug 1, 2009

Dacheat
Feb 21, 2003
Took delivery of an '04 KJ back on wed.

3.7 auto with command-trac
I already took it off road (no not in that picture), it feels pretty capable.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!
I got the doors off, and I have to say that I just love it. I was driving around with no shirt on yesterday after swimming, and it was even more fun! It seems like you get a lot more Jeep Waves (tm) with the doors and top off, too, but it could just be that there are a lot more Jeeps out on the roads right now.

Anyway here's a lovely cellphone pic, since that's all I have. I'm trying to decide if I want to wheel it this way, or whether the dust will kill me.

I also repainted my Bushwhacker flares with a rattle can, they look much better, but now I have to go get them dirty again.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Don't the popo get all up in your poo poo for not having a side mirror?

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
1.75" spacers on up front. Looks much more awesome now. I really think hi-line fenders is the way I'm going, probably aev and get the heat reduction hood while I'm at it.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/highline/

http://www.aev-conversions.com/gallery/albums/Highline_Body_Kit/DSC_3146_d.jpg

:awesome:

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I love the AEV wheels... Most of the aftermarket wheels suck... too many nooks and crannies for an offroad tire.

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!

Philip J Fry posted:

Not in Oregon.. or at least I haven't been pulled over for it yet. I checked our laws and found ORS 815.235, which says that if you have an unobstructed rearview mirror on the windshield which displays up to 200 feet behind you, no side mirrors are necessary.

If I ever do get popped I will find out for sure, but I plan to at least cite that law and see what happens. :)

Edit: New pic to show off my unreasonably strong rear bumper. The steel is over 1/2" thick. You can also see that I had a lovely grab handle on my rollbar... the stitching was loose after 2 days, and it broke on day 3, and the person who was trying to climb in drat near ate a faceful of pavement.

More edit: VVVV Virginia appears to have the same law as Oregon, saying nothing about side mirrors as long as the rearview is unobstructed. Here's a JeepForum thread which outlines the side mirror laws for each state. Some of them are vaguer than others, but many (like Oregon's) are pretty explicit about it. The only thing I recommend is that you not let other people drive your Jeep if it has no mirrors, because other people are always idiots.

Clamwacker fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 2, 2009

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Philip J Fry posted:

This is technically illegal in Virginia, but zero cops know or care.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So does anyone have experience loving with cruise control on 97+ Jeeps?

I got used parts from Storks and having no luck getting it to work on my XJ.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
seriously what is the deal on full fabric doors? are they just not popular? I've only seen a few online.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

ManicJason posted:

This is technically illegal in Virginia, but zero cops know or care.

I just find it weird how stuff like that is so strictly enforced in some states while not even an issue in others, particularly mud flaps and flares. Our current laws for those here in WA make pretty much any new truck right off the lot infractionable, let alone heavily modified vehicles. I'd be pissed if I lived in a state that didn't allow you to have your doors removed.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Can an 07 GC run 32s with stock suspension/offset etc? Got a guy wanting to buy my tires, but I don't know anything about the GCs.

Stock GC tires are 245/55R17 (29.5x9.5) and my 1300mile takeoffs are 255/75R17 (32x10)

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
Too big. Stock's 245/65. 255/65 will fit with no effort, but from there something's got to give. If he's planning on lifting it, up to a 33 will fit with 2".

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

Molten Llama posted:

Too big. Stock's 245/65. 255/65 will fit with no effort, but from there something's got to give. If he's planning on lifting it, up to a 33 will fit with 2".

Bummer... ah well, they will sell sooner or later. Thanks for the info.

monkeyboy
Feb 3, 2002

If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Tossed_Salad_Man posted:

Does anyone have the soft upper sliders for half doors? How thick are they stacked together? Is the window nice or a pain in the rear end or anything is better than that clear plastic flap in your face?

I want something manageable for my half doors. Something I could stick behind the front seats when off. I'm just trying to figure out if I want/need the nice windows on soft uppers or just get the old pita style, either way my thinking is I'll just have them stowed unless it's raining.

Seems like it's ~320 for soft uppers and ~430 for soft sliders.
I bought the soft upper sliders this year for my 92 YJ, and I like them. A small leak at one of the metal/material seams, but everything else is fine.
Stacked together they're probably 5 inches high, not something I'd run around with fulltime. I'd be afraid of them breaking with bouncing and rattling.

Got a bikini top from a friend who ordered the wrong thing, and it was cheap so he gave it to me. A little long for my taste, I think I'll get a shorter version next summer.

Clamwacker: Thanks for the Oregon sidemirror link. I've wanted to remove the doors but was given some bad info. I'll print our the ORS and leave it in the glove box. I've got the same type of grab handles, mine have worked well for > 2 years with no issues. Where are you riding in OR?

Click here for the full 960x720 image.

The zombie response decal gets alot of attention. All good.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FYI for anyone thinking about ordering parts from Storks Automotive, don't.

2 out of the 3 parts they sent me for the cruise control were the wrong parts, which wouldn't have been the case if they pulled the parts off the correct year XJ like they said they would. What a pain in my rear end.

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Just ordered these. I know it's no longer skunkwerks because of lockheed litigation and is now underground, but I like the skunk version better.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

incredibull
Sep 7, 2008

GENERIC

Tossed_Salad_Man posted:

My treadwright mtgs will arrive wed. I'll post a pic as soon as I get em mounted.

Good luck. I've bought two sets of tires from them so far, and the ATs that I bought has one tire severely out of round and are freakishly loud. I've yet to call them on it because it's not on my DD, but they have a two year warranty if you have any problems.

I'm still thinking about getting BFG AT clones from them.

I had some of their old OTR MUD tires on my Bronco II trail rig and they were awesome. A real soft tread that gripped onto anything when you aired them down, but way too soft for the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
I'd buy remolds over retreads.

I mean, Goodyear 4x4 tires [mt/mtr/gsa/etc] are out of round new from the factory :haw:

I can only imagine how bad they are after retreading them.

That being said, if it is a trail truck then no real big deal.

Highway miles on the desert? Make sure you got two spares with you ;).