Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

muscles like this? posted:

Ordered my tickets for the live show. Going to the Iowa City showing.

I'll be at the Savannah show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fromagex
Oct 11, 2006
I'll be at the Erie PA one. I'll be the loser that is alone, as my movie going buddy had to relocate for a job.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

fromagex posted:

I'll be at the Erie PA one. I'll be the loser that is alone, as my movie going buddy had to relocate for a job.

Grand Rapids, MI, and same. My movie going friend relocated for his wife.

Stupid wife.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Plavski posted:

Twilight is an average riff. There are better ones - ie. The Happening, Star Wars - A New Hope, Transformers, Star Trek 5.

Excuse me but you seem to have forgotten the Star Wars Christmas Special and Battlefield Earth.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Der Shovel posted:

Excuse me but you seem to have forgotten the Star Wars Christmas Special and Battlefield Earth.
I said ie. I was giving examples; it wasn't a categorical list of all the best ones.

For example, you seem to have forgotten Jurassic Park.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 30, 2009

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow, the Shake Hands With Danger short was really worth the wait on getting. It's equally on par with One Who Got Fat in the :wtc: department.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The next Rifftrax has been announced:

Fast and Furious (the one without the definitive articles).

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Mister Kingdom posted:

The next Rifftrax has been announced:

Fast and Furious (the one without the definitive articles).
But without seeing The Fast and the Furious 1 through 3, how can we possibly follow the plot of the fourth?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Plavski posted:

But without seeing The Fast and the Furious 1 through 3, how can we possibly follow the plot of the fourth?

Rifftrax posted:

**Viewers note: It is not necessary to have seen The Fast and The Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, 2 Fast 2 Be 4ious, The Love Guru, The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift, 2 Fast 2 Furious: 2 Tokyo 2 Drift, The Muppets Take The Fast and The Furious, or The Furious and The Fast Bald Man (Thailand Bootleg version) to follow the plot of Fast and Furious**

Trust Mike. He would not lead us astray. :v:

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Came in to say the Cinester Theater Back To The Future iRiff is well worth the price. The mikes they used to record the riff are lovely but it's way more funny than most of the guest riffers.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Kenderama posted:

Grand Rapids, MI, and same. My movie going friend relocated for his wife.

Stupid wife.
Wow, if I still lived in GR I'd invite you. But since I'm in Lansing, that's where I'll be seeing. It's also my birthday, so I've incorporated that into the celebration.

How's that for a present?

HappyDooies
Sep 20, 2006
Got my tix to the RiffTrax Live Show.

Still haven't figured out if Lowtax is going to be there live, or some other deal.

Savantegarde
May 28, 2006

That was a stupid thing to say. And you're stupid for saying it.
Just to let you guys know, woot.com is having an amazing deal on some MST3K bundles right now.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

HappyDooies posted:

Got my tix to the RiffTrax Live Show.

Still haven't figured out if Lowtax is going to be there live, or some other deal.
He's only gonna be there for a few minutes, and you'll have to be quick to spot him because he'll be disguised as Elvis and then he gets shot out of a cannon.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Savantegarde posted:

Just to let you guys know, woot.com is having an amazing deal on some MST3K bundles right now.

Sold out. :( such an amazing deal too.

Trot_to_Trotsky
Dec 9, 2000
Must... Destroy... Capitalism...
Grimey Drawer
I originally intended on purchasing three tickets to the Detroit area theater.

That became five.

That became eight.

That became eleven.

Now it has turned into a full blown night of MST3k, drinking, and nonsense. I've even taken the following day off of work.

I have nerdy, yet awesome friends (plus my dad, because he is also awesome).

I'm incredibly excited for this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Fast and Furious is now available.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's something weird, I was looking at my local theater's showtimes on their website today for later on and I noticed they had a thing about Rifftrax doing Plan 9, except they list it as September 2nd. They ad omits the "live" part as well so it looks like they're just going to be airing the recording of the live event.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

Here's something weird, I was looking at my local theater's showtimes on their website today for later on and I noticed they had a thing about Rifftrax doing Plan 9, except they list it as September 2nd. They ad omits the "live" part as well so it looks like they're just going to be airing the recording of the live event.
That would make perfect sense. Fathom also put on the This American Life Live broadcast doohickey event a few months ago, and about 2 or 3 weeks later the same theaters showed the recorded broadcast for one night.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

utonium posted:

That would make perfect sense. Fathom also put on the This American Life Live broadcast doohickey event a few months ago, and about 2 or 3 weeks later the same theaters showed the recorded broadcast for one night.

Except this theater isn't doing the live thing which is kind of confusing.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.
They're probably waiting to make sure the live riff goes without a hitch first? Or maybe there's some reason they don't want to give up screen-time that night?

sorend jierkinhaard
Apr 13, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
Was watching Transformers 2 (an abomination) today in Austin and saw a promo for the Rifftrax live event. Seeing the SA logo at the end was a real mind gently caress.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The F&F riff is great, but god drat that movie is awful.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

The Room was one of the most insane fever dream bizarre movies I have ever seen. Good riffs, too.

I mean, I've seen a ton of MST3k and a ton of bad movies, but that was just something else. Good Lord.

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW
Finally got a chance to check out the "Fast & Furious" Rifftrax. The movie might be terrible, but they did a great job riffing it to pieces.

The Dukes of Hazard bit had me laughing for a good 5 minutes straight. :P

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I watched the Troll 2 riff for the first time. I remember when I rented the movie when it came out a long rear end time ago. It has not aged well and even my wife was laughing at how stupid it was when she caught the end of it.

Swanky
Nov 23, 2004
Watch out! He has a book!

LT.CrownRoast posted:

Finally got a chance to check out the "Fast & Furious" Rifftrax. The movie might be terrible, but they did a great job riffing it to pieces.

The Dukes of Hazard bit had me laughing for a good 5 minutes straight. :P

Really, really liked this one.

"Not yet, we haven't reached that plot point...we're still in rising action, mang"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I just wanna say you guys are nuts because the Twilight riff is the best one they've done. Happening is damned close. I've turned so many people onto Rifftrax with that gem.

Line?

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I want to chop into your throat
And watch you bleed out on the floor
Then I'll bathe myself in your life essence as you die
Tear your heart out of your chest and crack the bones and suck the marrow out
Slice into your brain for sandwiches and maybe have an omelette made of...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The Plan 9 event is tonight. Everyone got their tickets?

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?

Teek posted:

...Tickets? What tickets?

Oh God, the tickets!

Edit: Yes. Managed to rope in two others to come with me to the nerdfest tonight.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Teek posted:

Hell, yes! I bought mine on the first day.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Got my tickets two days ago, and I'm excited to no end. This is gonna be a blast!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Just got my ticket. Not expecting a big turnout in my area because my town sucks. But who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

EDIT: I wish I was in shape. I'd get one of those "HELLO my name is" tags and write "BRICK HARDMEAT" on it.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
The theater closest to me (about an hour away) isn't selling tickets online. They better not be sold out when I get there.

edit: Savoy, IL

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I got mine a week ago at the least.

Seattle, WA

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

DivisionPost posted:

Just got my ticket. Not expecting a big turnout in my area because my town sucks. But who knows, maybe I'll be surprised.

EDIT: I wish I was in shape. I'd get one of those "HELLO my name is" tags and write "BRICK HARDMEAT" on it.

I'd use "Beefy McLarge-Huge". I think I may have one around here somewhere from last year... I gotta go look for that...

Mooch and Earl
May 20, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
Waco, Texas
Hollywood Jewel Theater on Woodway drive.
Curious to see how many MSTIES live in CENTEX

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I've got mine and can't wait.

I'm going to get a bunch of poo poo from work because we have a big release tonight, but gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felipebacon
Jun 19, 2007
i love dongs
I will at the Arlington, TX showing tonight with two friends, can't wait!

• Locked thread