Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Gregg's custom Hayabusa. Most notable feature would be the custom tail, makes it look a lot better in my opinion.

Link here: http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2009/07/14/rockstar-hayabusa-a-subtle-but-radical-custom/

The tail makes it look goofy to me. The distance between the back of the tank and the end of the tail is way out of proportion to the distance between the back of the tank and the front of the fairing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

The tail makes it look goofy to me. The distance between the back of the tank and the end of the tail is way out of proportion to the distance between the back of the tank and the front of the fairing.

I hate the way almost all tail swaps make the back end of the bike go all :flaccid: No one who does those swaps looks at the lines of the bike, it's almost always just bodged on.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's at least a meeeeeeeeeeeeeeilion' times better than a normal busa-fatty-fat-fat

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Spiffness posted:

It's at least a meeeeeeeeeeeeeeilion' times better than a normal busa-fatty-fat-fat
Yeah, I'm going to agree with this. That's one of the best looking busa's I've seen.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

Fantastic! I'd love to get one of those.

They actually sell Urals in the U.S. but they're almost as overpriced as Harleys

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fantastipotamus posted:

Yeah, I'm going to agree with this. That's one of the best looking busa's I've seen.

You guys are on crack and the gixxer tail is crazy disproportionate compared to the great fat fairing that's still on the bike. This is that bike:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I went to a pro flat track race in Hagerstown, MD last weekend. I shot this pretty low quality video (they wouldn't let us stand on the fence), and the only reason I'm posting it is because it's the only time I've seen someone make the brake rotor on a Harley glow red:

http://vimeo.com/5813596

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Phy posted:

You guys are on crack and the gixxer tail is crazy disproportionate compared to the great fat fairing that's still on the bike. This is that bike:

I said it's the 'one of the best looking busa's I've seen', which is basically like saying 'that's the most appetizing roadkill I've seen'. Busa's are horrendous, generally speaking, and most of the custom ones especially are retarded.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That busa looks retarded, at least its ugly rear end has an aerodynamic purpose, that gixxer tail just looks wrong tacked on the back there.

some video from the road racing last weekend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J0R0KhNCbk

edit: onboard vid from a previous years racing at the same village
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHLkUBt-S50

echomadman fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 1, 2009

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Got the photos back from my wedding. I think every wedding should have bikes

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
"I do"

ring on finger

kiss

wheelie

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a future heads-up,

You never button the bottom button of a suit, unless it's a 1-button suit of course.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

Just a future heads-up,

You never button the bottom button of a suit, unless it's a 1-button suit of course.

I actually just found this out buying my second ever suit

Why the hell do they provide a button and closure if you're not supposed to use it?

aceuvspades
May 26, 2006
This is a local guy from Atlantic City, NJ with a wicked talent for building custom motorcycles. He is the best welder I've ever met. His name is Ransom and his bikes are one of a kind with GSX-R and CBR engines. One of his bikes has a 14" seat height. Check out his web site http://www.ransombikes.com.

The Serpent

Bean_
Oct 6, 2006

by Ozma
That is one mean looking bike.

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Yeah, I like it.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

His previous concepts aren't so great but I think he's really achieved something with the Serpent.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
These guys were blasting down the 110 today (at 70+ mph). Is it common for stuntazzz to run super-low tire pressures or does this seem normal?

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 3, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

MetaJew posted:

These guys were blasting down the 110 today (at 70+ mph). Is it common for stuntazzz to run super-low tire pressures or does this seem normal?

Pretty standard for them to run down quite a few PSI to get the bike more stable on one wheel.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Those types of riders are the first thing that pops into my mind when a cop follows me on my sport bike for miles. "No sir, I'm not a stunta, please leave me alone."

And yeah, low tire pressure lessens the bikes tendancy to veer one way or another. I wish I had pictures of guy I knew who recently wrecked his SV doing a stand up wheelie.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
By dropping it or by starving the front of oil?

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

MetaJew posted:

I think these are the nicest photos of this sort of activity I've ever seen.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus
And now for something completely different. I actually rode this thing around on weekends through July. If you're a Seattle buddy, you may have seen me.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I've actually just landed a job with a company who does that in Sydney.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

ranathari posted:

By dropping it or by starving the front of oil?

SVs wont starve of oil if you add an extra half-quart of oil.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Jack the Smack posted:

SVs wont starve of oil if you add an extra half-quart of oil.

you're the guy the cops actually are looking for when they're mistakenly following around eggyolk!

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
eggy you may wanna check your tire pressure, that's probably why they're following you.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Jack the Smack posted:

eggy you may wanna check your tire pressure, that's probably why they're following you.

Partly its my lower fairings that make the SV look extra squidly, mostly its my Jardine slip-on. That can is worth the trouble for the flames it shoots. May have to try and get a picture of that one night to post in this thread.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

I want to go beach riding on my 250 so badly now. I figure if porky here can ride it, the ninja should have no problem right guys?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Just go fast on sand and you'll be okay.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

2ndclasscitizen posted:

I've actually just landed a job with a company who does that in Sydney.

The instructor at my pre-L's course had to ride those things so that he could train riders for one of those companies, and he said it was just about the sketchiest thing ever, haha. He wasn't a fan at all.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

blugu64 posted:

I figure if porky here can ride it, the ninja should have no problem right guys?
depends.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

I actually just found this out buying my second ever suit

Why the hell do they provide a button and closure if you're not supposed to use it?

It's a tradition leading back to an English king getting too fat between being measured for his suit and getting it for a dinner party, and he wasn't able to button the bottom button. Everyone at his party unbuttoned the bottom button of their suits to make him feel less insecure I guess, and the tradition was born.

Also wanna say the serpent is awesome.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

depends.

Looks like it's story time.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP1jxhgBZco

I am no longer impressed by anyone who can drag a knee.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

frozenphil posted:

I bet sparkies are a ton of fun if you're good enough to get your knee down on the street.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

frozenphil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABQbps8n5w

But you totally should be. Goddamn is it cool.

(Actually, it's just really fun. It's super pointless on the street.)

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

I have no idea what happened but I think somebody got wet.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

blugu64 posted:

Looks like it's story time.

i was doing a ride around the adirondacks, which i try to do at least once a year cause it's beautiful. a few times that day i explored little dirt paths, of which there are too many to count, and this was a lake i stopped by for a break and to take some pictures. i saw the muddy beach area and thought "that would be a great place to park and get a picture" so i rode the bike out there even though it was clearly not designed for passage by motor vehicles. you see the result.

this is what it took to get me out:
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n226/RevDrMosesPLester/adirondacks/?action=view&current=P1000256.jpg

actually he just used a ratchet tiedown and i held the bike up. that and all the other pics are big, which is why i linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've worn off my chicken strips and actually drug my toe on the last good ride I did, but I still haven't put a knee down. I almost feel inferior for not doing so.