Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl
It's hard to take the "combined" mileage figure for the Smart seriously, because they're all bought by people who are on the highway significantly less than the average car owner. They don't make a hell of a lot of sense in North America where you'd get a parking ticket if you parked nose-to-kerb or two to one parking spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Spiffness posted:

But he has over $50,000 invested! It's a bargain!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The word 'invested' in a post should immediately block the IP from craigslist.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'd buy a Smart Roadster in a heartbeat, the ForTwo is kind of iffy though.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

But he has over $50,000 invested! It's a bargain!

At first I thought it was a tron Homage and I thought it was sweet. Then I noticed the helmet appeared to be a skull-hat. When your skull hat looks like tron, you should probably understand your "investment" has tanked.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Honda Volkery

http://forums.somethingawful.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&threadid=2718513

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Quick guys, only $24500 for a '78 Volkswagen Bus!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1296257837.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Jesus. If that thing was literally brand new, still wrapped in plastic from 1978 it would have a hard time getting that.

Oh well, a lot of old VW owners are :420: so who knows.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Engine is original, thats not a good selling point.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I don't know what's worse. His spelling or what he did to that Valk. :argh:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Spiffness posted:

$50k for an airbrush job, a fat rear tire and a piece of steel that looks like it was bought in a hardware store, and a wheelbase extension that completely ruins the look of the car? Awesome.

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

This is a drat nice little NA, but $10900? Maybe it'll be worth it to someone with the low miles.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/1299016767.html

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Rusting out and flat black? That's worth at least another $500.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
We also have this winner in the Convertible S10.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Lusso posted:

This is a drat nice little NA, but $10900? Maybe it'll be worth it to someone with the low miles.

I want to say that Sunburst Yellow was a pretty rare color as well, but I'm not sure.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Matlock posted:

Convertible into what, exactly? Scrap metal? :crossarms:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Molten Llama posted:

Convertible into what, exactly? Scrap metal? :crossarms:

I like how the first thing he did to it was mad rimz.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

An awful BMW E34 530 with the M30B30 engine from the German site mobile.de.

Starts out with the usual ///M badge... and then goes to the worst interior I've seen in a while. The seller also says it has a quad exhaust (how useful on a 6-cylinder!), K&N, and a "CHIP" that turns its stock 188hp into 264.

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Doctor Zero posted:

I like how the first thing he did to it was mad rimz.

Everybody always makes fun of them for that. But it's one of the first things you're going to have to do when slamming a truck. Either that or make some wooden jigs up. You're going to need to know just how much metal to cut everywhere to get it to lay frame properly.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
That mystery car before is definately a 1993-2002 F-body :(

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

Matlock posted:

Poor truck's gonna fold like a wet piece of carboard now. :(

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Do S10's not have full frames? I thought the cab and bed were irrelevent to the structure of the vehicle.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

Atmus posted:

Do S10's not have full frames? I thought the cab and bed were irrelevent to the structure of the vehicle.

Whether it does or not (I think it does) within the first few week you won't be able to close the doors properly. The bodies on these things just aren't designed to be rigid enough to not have a roof on them. Flexing on the body mounts will be plenty to destroy the body unless you plan to do some serious stiffening like on a proper convertible conversion. The list of things to do it properly can be staggering, and would be a whole lot of trial an error unless this is something that's actually been done a few times before.

Case in point: one of my retarded acquaintances 10 years ago though this would be a good idea on an 82 F-150. No....it was not a good idea.

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

Atmus posted:

They have full ladder frames, but they are not terribly rigid.

City17
Dec 3, 2006

Once again, way too much time and money into a crappy Cavalier :ughh:

Click here for the full 800x1246 image.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Landshark posted:

quote:

this car has numerous of after market parts added but i will put that it has Custom paint, 20'' wheels,bodykit, dual pipes, red and black interior, carpet, and head liner, projector head lights, ground control coil overs, signal mirrors, 0 gauge power and ground wire with 3 sets of stinger rca jacks, and lots more for any ?s feel free to contact shawn @405-210-2294 or email @shawnlarue99@yahoo.com
Bad grammar and pointing out things any car should have anyway, like carpet, put this one in the same category as all the other crap that hopefully will never sell.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Landshark posted:

There's a newer (08ish) V6 Mustang in about that color with the color-coordinated 20" orange+chrome wheels just down the street. With a big 4x6' Confederate flag on his front window. The Mustang already has a horrendous exhaust leak, sounds like a 5.0 with half an engine missing.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

Bad grammar and pointing out things any car should have anyway, like carpet, put this one in the same category as all the other crap that hopefully will never sell.

I think he's saying that the carpet and headliner are part of the interior of the car.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Lusso posted:

I have to agree, I have been looking at little roadsters, and the miata people are bat poo poo insane on price, I can get a cherry mgb for cheaper, and most of the miatas have non running engines. I had one guy that refused to go lower then $2500 on a 91 miata that was smashed up front and back. Oh, it also had 120K miles and never had the timing belt changed.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

Elephanthead posted:

I have to agree, I have been looking at little roadsters, and the miata people are bat poo poo insane on price, I can get a cherry mgb for cheaper, and most of the miatas have non running engines. I had one guy that refused to go lower then $2500 on a 91 miata that was smashed up front and back. Oh, it also had 120K miles and never had the timing belt changed.

depends on condition and area. Miata's hold their value very well in good condition, and the engines last forever.

MacGregor
Nov 22, 2003

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/1305317055.html

this is #8 out of 510 on cardomain that should sum up this one

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

MacGregor posted:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/1305317055.html

this is #8 out of 510 on cardomain that should sum up this one

I can't tell, SPG?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

I had one guy that refused to go lower then $2500 on a 91 miata that was smashed up front and back. Oh, it also had 120K miles and never had the timing belt changed.

Obviously that guy is nuts, but Spec miata puts a floor on a driveable NA. If it kinda runs and has no rust, they very rarely fall below $2K.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

quote:

MOTORIZED ALL TERRAIN ICE CHEST COOLER - $675 (Rosenberg)

Date: 2009-08-07, 5:22PM CDT
Reply to: sale-98udz-1311482333@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

These things are a blast!!!!
This is a brand new all terrain motorized 50 quart cooler
31cc 4 stroke engine (no mixing oil)
ATV type off-road tires
Aluminum mag type wheels
Fenders
Rear disc brake
Safety rear bumper/wheelie bar (YES IT DOES A WHEELIE)
High ground clearance
Will fit in your truck, suv or van

Great for picnics, tailgating parties, camping, rallies, festivals, sporting events or a cruise on the beach!!!!!!!

Dan (832-794-8670)

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!

blugu64 posted:

Repost in "Most AI images you got" thread please. :cool:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Someone here needs to buy this, think of all the weird arty francophile chicks you'll be getting!

(Please ignore the fact that 99% of spare parts will have to be shipped from France)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987...45#ht_916wt_688

VW people ain't got nothing on this frame-scraping beauty!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

^^ I thought those were all long dead.

Here's one.
http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-pickup-trucks-good-truck-W0QQAdIdZ147577574

quote:

i have a 1997 gmc 1500 z71 4x4 lots of stuff done to it. email or call if you would like to know more 1 403 894 6510 thanks mark conner
And it has 2825748KMs. :downs:

Something tells me Mark Conner isn't the most internets saavy guy out there.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Jesus that's practically 150k miles a year average.

Tongsy
Aug 22, 2007
I feel like an idiot for trying to figure out how he mistyped that and then realizing that he included the fraction of a kilometer

doh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
http://sierravista.craigslist.org/mcy/1295785702.html

What sick person would do this to a Triumph?