Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

rivals posted:

The Things We Carry was so much better.

I agree, the new one was really disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

rivals posted:

Oh thank god, I could not find anyone anywhere who agrees with me. I can't understand why everyone loves the new album so much...

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Inspector_71 posted:

I hate that Youth Crew stuff. I also think that Have Heart's album Songs to Scream at the Sun is their best.

Next you guys will be saying that Broadcasting... is better than Turn It Around.

Kim Jong-Chill fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Aug 6, 2009

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
That would be blasphemy.

Spliff
Sep 16, 2005

i love choking myself when i cum.
For any of you Tampa, Florida goons out there. You guys should come out to Transitions art gallery this sunday for an awesome show! Me and fellow goon Likw1d are gonna be out there rockin the gently caress out.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:00 PM
Coke Bust, Sick Fix, Learn Nothing, Cellgraft, Unholy War, and Devout
$6/all ages welcome

Coke Bust and Sick Fix are gonna loving rock the house that night.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Next you guys will be saying that Broadcasting... is better than Turn It Around.

I just pretend that album doesn't exist. Mostly because I don't like Figure Four, and therefore don't like Andrew Neufeld singing my beloved CBK songs.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

I've actually never heard Turn It Around, but Broadcasting... pretty much sucks. It's certainly worse than Wake The Dead.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

And Wake The Dead is worse than Turn It Around. Do yourself a favor and listen to that album.

EDIT: I pulled out Carry On - A Life Less Plagued the other day after Ryan's new band played at my house because I wanted to hear something good again. That album is so loving good, why oh why did he have to start doing coke.

rivals fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 7, 2009

Moodz
May 11, 2007
the gym is neutral territory

Spliff posted:

For any of you Tampa, Florida goons out there. You guys should come out to Transitions art gallery this sunday for an awesome show! Me and fellow goon Likw1d are gonna be out there rockin the gently caress out.

Sunday, August 09, 2009 7:00 PM
Coke Bust, Sick Fix, Learn Nothing, Cellgraft, Unholy War, and Devout
$6/all ages welcome

Coke Bust and Sick Fix are gonna loving rock the house that night.

how was Alert and Envision last night? They both played here in Charleston two nights ago and was so much fun. Great, solid group of dudes too.

edit

Inspector_71 posted:

I've actually never heard Turn It Around, but Broadcasting... pretty much sucks. It's certainly worse than Wake The Dead.

Turn It Around, IMO was their last good record.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

rivals posted:

Truth, that album owns. I'm not into youth crew stuff that much myself but give me a youth crew song with just enough melody in it to tease me into thinking it's melodic hardcore and oh god :swoon:

This is Hell's last LP was pretty awesome for that. Straight hardcore with tiny bits of melody every now and then.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

7lip posted:

I just pretend that album doesn't exist. Mostly because I don't like Figure Four, and therefore don't like Andrew Neufeld singing my beloved CBK songs.

Thats the way it should be. Wake the Dead isnt nearly as good as Turn It Around but it has some parts that are enjoyable.

Parachute Underwear posted:

Truth, that album owns. I'm not into youth crew stuff that much myself but give me a youth crew song with just enough melody in it to tease me into thinking it's melodic hardcore and oh god :swoon:

This is Hell's last LP was pretty awesome for that. Straight hardcore with tiny bits of melody every now and then.

I just cant get into Misfortunes. Probably because I like Sundowning so loving much and I think the reason I think that is because it reminds me of Turn It Around.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Thats the way it should be. Wake the Dead isnt nearly as good as Turn It Around but it has some parts that are enjoyable.

Ummm... He didn't sing on Turn It Around...

Although maybe I'm missing something here as it is late.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Going to see Emery Friday night. How are they live?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Probably as awful as they are recorded.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet

Bird is the Word posted:

Going to see Emery Friday night. How are they live?

Probably the wrong thread buddy. But as for an answer I have seen them live and they were surprisingly good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Aw poo poo, another Glassjaw tour this fall.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Inspector_71 posted:

Aw poo poo, another Glassjaw tour this fall.

I would absolutely go berserk if Glassjaw and Brand New were coming to California, but it just looks like they are supporting on the east coast.

However Manchester Orchestra will be with Brand New on the west coast leg so while still a bummer, not a complete loss.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

-Atom- posted:

I would absolutely go berserk if Glassjaw and Brand New were coming to California, but it just looks like they are supporting on the east coast.

However Manchester Orchestra will be with Brand New on the west coast leg so while still a bummer, not a complete loss.

I won't be happy until I'm seeing Glassjaw on a tour to support their new loving CD.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Saw hour of the wolf playing with some local bands and wolves and thieves on thursday.

good show, all the bands played well, and hour of the wolf was tons of fun. Definitely will see them again next time I have a chance.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

JERFit posted:

Saw hour of the wolf playing with some local bands and wolves and thieves on thursday.

good show, all the bands played well, and hour of the wolf was tons of fun. Definitely will see them again next time I have a chance.

They are the coolest, nicest group of guys ever. They played a lovely venue in Georgia with Casey Jones on their last tour and it was awesome. Minus the fact that there were only 25 people at the show.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
yeah there were only 30 people tops at the show, but they really are some cool guys, and the show was lots of fun. I think they played an Iggy Pop cover, but I wasn't sure if it was or not.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Wolves And Thieves are pretty good. Haven't listened to them records but I saw em about a year ago.

Cattywampus
Oct 14, 2008

Ironic war criminal posted:

Going to see Bad Religion/NOFX when they come to Sydney in September, and the support band they're bringing along, Pour Habit, look pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbKj06BVbcE

Pour Habit's debut album is pretty loving awesome, well worth the 10 bucks.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

In Japan. Gonna see Extreme Noise Terror and Systematic Death (among others) on Saturday for my first Japanese HC gig. Saw some punk dude with a Warhead shirt while walking around town. Was about to go up and talk to him, but then the cops started harassing him for how he was dressed. PUNK!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Hahaha that's loving rad that you're in Japan. Have fun dude!

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
The metalcore thread is disgraceful, are they discussing bands like earth crisis or cro-mags?

Nope, it's just a place for those to discuss bands that people in the main metal thread don't like because they "sound like hardcore".

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Competition posted:

The metalcore thread is disgraceful, are they discussing bands like earth crisis or cro-mags?

Nope, it's just a place for those to discuss bands that people in the main metal thread don't like because they "sound like hardcore".

it's the worst thread

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

ChaosNonMusica posted:

In Japan. Gonna see Extreme Noise Terror and Systematic Death (among others) on Saturday for my first Japanese HC gig. Saw some punk dude with a Warhead shirt while walking around town. Was about to go up and talk to him, but then the cops started harassing him for how he was dressed. PUNK!

Go see razors edge for me. I wish they would tour the US so bad :(

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
And what the gently caress is deathcore?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Last time I was in Tokyo it happened to coincide with the 2 Tokyo dates of DEP's Japan tour. So the first time I saw Dillinger was in a basement club in a slummy part of Shinjuku, and Melt Banana opened for them.

It was amazing.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Is there such a thing as japanese youth crew?

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

A5H posted:

Is there such a thing as japanese youth crew?

The Geeks

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Competition posted:

Imagine Death Metal that was written by someone who probably shouldn't be writing music and who kind of understands this themselves so they follow every 4 bars of song with a 'crushing' breakdown.

Granted that's pretty hyperbolic but it sounds about that bad regardless of actual structure.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Competition posted:

over-produced blast beats and breakdowns sung with cookie-monster death metal vocals and oh yeah the song is 5 minutes long and is literally the same riff over and over again.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
Metalcore sucks, deathcore sucks. Why bother bringing it up in this awesome thread?

The worst music and the worst fans.

albear fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Aug 14, 2009

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

albear posted:

Metalcore sucks, deathcore sucks. Why bother bringing it up in this awesome thread?

Indie sucks, hardcore sucks, emo sucks. You suck!

"worst music and worst fans" hahaha, the irony kills me.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

baberaham lincoln posted:

The Geeks

They're from South Korea.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

zeldadude posted:

Go see razors edge for me. I wish they would tour the US so bad :(

Go see BBQ Chickens.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

acup posted:

They're from South Korea.

Forgive me, I'm racist and forgetful. I don't know any Japanese Youth crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

albear posted:

Because there is decent stuff that can be called metalcore (though it is more suited to this thread) and instead of it being discussed in that thread they openly state that the bands they are posting about are ones that the metal thread gets it's panties in a twist over.

I'm half considering going in there to post about real metalcore bands, but I know it will either be ignored or I'll just be told to go back to this thread.