Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So if he pricks his finger with the muramasa claws, does he die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

So if he pricks his finger with the muramasa claws, does he die?

I think it's just that the cut doesn't heal, it's not poke=death. So he could slice Wolverine's jugular and he would just bleed out and die like a normal person instead of it just being a minor inconvenience.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Then wouldn't the wound from him popping the claw out never heal and he'd eventually bleed out from that?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

Then wouldn't the wound from him popping the claw out never heal and he'd eventually bleed out from that?

See that would require you to also have enough intelligence to realize that Daken is a terrible character and concept.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Travis343 posted:

They put a sheath around it (and I assume an opening) in his forearm so it wouldn't cut him, it doesn't really work when you think about it, but I guess they needed a means to an eventual end.

Let's move this to derailed if you want to talk more.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Djarum posted:

See that would require you to also have enough intelligence to realize that Daken is a terrible character and concept.

Hey, it was true when they trotted X-23 out and it's true now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just googled up some images of the next set of Movie Masters to remind myself they exist. Any idea when these are hitting Mattycollector?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

Just googled up some images of the next set of Movie Masters to remind myself they exist. Any idea when these are hitting Mattycollector?

Word is Harvey Dent is hitting in November but it is not confirmed.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Djarum posted:

I never saw a single Muppet figure ever anywhere.

My local target carried the first 5 waves of Muppets. You're right though, they needed to find niche markets for their licenses. The Invader Zim line did so well because it sold at Hot Topic. Even today, the Hot Topic exclusives go for the most money.

Djarum posted:

I am just getting 2 jailhouse Jokers and swapping the head on mine with one and saying gently caress it.

I am never going to pay $29 for a head. I'll just wait until Deadman Customs makes a mold of it.

http://www.skintuckyfried.com/dmc/dmcdirect/dmcdirect.htm

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 6, 2009

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

I am never going to pay $29 for a head. I'll just wait until Deadman Customs makes a mold of it.

http://www.skintuckyfried.com/dmc/dmcdirect/dmcdirect.htm

Ehhh. I don't want to go to the trouble of painting a cast and the new one looks absolutely fantastic. Either way I am sure I want to get rid of it in a year or whatever I can make my money back.

I didn't know about that cast shop though, I need to get a Kazar and a Shanna whenever I get some cash again.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

I didn't know about that cast shop though, I need to get a Kazar and a Shanna whenever I get some cash again.

They're pretty good quality and the guy ships them really fast. Most of my Umbrella Academy customs had heads I got from them. Way cheaper than buying a whole figure for the head.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

They're pretty good quality and the guy ships them really fast. Most of my Umbrella Academy customs had heads I got from them. Way cheaper than buying a whole figure for the head.

I agree. I wish BA was still around. No one makes the ML Red Skull anymore along with a ton of other heads that BA made. I have been wanting to make a more classic Red Skull than the crappy Face Off one I got.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Has anyone found the Rise of Cobra Rex "The Doctor" Lewis figure? After reading a review I really like his features and want to get one, but still have not found him yet, and I really don't want to pay double the price plus shipping over the internet for him.

I got the Cobra Commander today though. For Cobra Commander, I don't like the look, but for a horribly scarred Vader-like super-villian, I like the design quite a bit.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
I'm thinking about preordering Wave 9 of DCUC and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where to order online. Anyone have any previous experience or already ordered this wave?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Ogmios posted:

I'm thinking about preordering Wave 9 of DCUC and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions about where to order online. Anyone have any previous experience or already ordered this wave?

I usually order most of my stuff through Bigbadtoystore.com, they have wave 9 for $89.99: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1504&company=0&category=5371

They seem to take a bit longer to get stuff in than some other sites, but I have never had a problem with them, and their customer service has always been great to me. Plus, they still have some extra singles of certain ones available to preorder in case you wanted doubles.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

Palisades was awful at this, I never saw a single Muppet figure ever anywhere. I am amazed NECA stays in business since the only place I have ever seen any of their product is in a corner at a Spencer Gifts (which is another company I am amazed still is around).

Really? I saw them at TRU and EB Games/Gamestop pretty regularly. Plus I stopped in a TRU recently to get a game and I saw a ton of NECA figures there.

This is coming from a place that when I actually bought figures had jackshit. New Marvel Legends rarely showed up.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Captain Charisma posted:

Really? I saw them at TRU and EB Games/Gamestop pretty regularly. Plus I stopped in a TRU recently to get a game and I saw a ton of NECA figures there.

This is coming from a place that when I actually bought figures had jackshit. New Marvel Legends rarely showed up.

I sadly don't have a TRU near me which pisses me off to no end. I hear they have a bunch of the NECA stuff, I just have never seen it in person whenever I actually find one.

I am pretty much screwed here with Target and a awful Wal-Mart on the other side of town from me. Thankfully I am only stuck here for another year *knock on wood* and I finally get to move somewhere that resembles civilization again.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

This site is amazing; thank you for this. Consider the pants of my friend shat when he finds out his Cable will have that Superman007 head.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

I sadly don't have a TRU near me which pisses me off to no end. I hear they have a bunch of the NECA stuff, I just have never seen it in person whenever I actually find one.

I am pretty much screwed here with Target and a awful Wal-Mart on the other side of town from me. Thankfully I am only stuck here for another year *knock on wood* and I finally get to move somewhere that resembles civilization again.

I don't want to hear anyone's whining, I live on top of a mountain and the only chain up here is a Wal-mart that is open 8am-11pm. Nearest Target or TRU is 45-60 minutes away. My LCBS never gets new stuff, but they usually have a decent selection of older ML figures.

Every time I find a TRU when I'm out of town though it's like they have a whole section with nothing but NECA stuff, all on one isle.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ok, so I ordered Egon from Mattycollector. I was going to wait till next week, and then I went to the site and saw it was sold out. BUT it was still listed as being in my basket from when I'd put it in there before, and it let me order it as normal, so hopefully I should get it. :D

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
If Egon had a sculpt that were worth $20 + gigantic loving shipping instead of a slightly above average for Mattel sculpt I would have been all over it.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Anyone still have any of the reissue Ninja Turtles line on shelves anywhere? My TRU only has a bunch of April's and Splinters and my Target no longer has a peg for the line. Was trying to find a Donatello for a birthday present.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

The Rage posted:

Anyone still have any of the reissue Ninja Turtles line on shelves anywhere? My TRU only has a bunch of April's and Splinters and my Target no longer has a peg for the line. Was trying to find a Donatello for a birthday present.

My Target just clearanced the last few they had out, only Bebop and Rocksteady though.

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande

The Rage posted:

Motherfucker tell me you aren't talking about the original line from the early nineties.

AAAAH gently caress
\/\/\/\/

LtCrowley fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 8, 2009

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

LtCrowley posted:

Motherfucker tell me you aren't talking about the original line from the early nineties.

It was a reissue of the original line from the 90's.. same toy same packaging and everything.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jet Ready Go posted:

It was a reissue of the original line from the 90's.. same toy same packaging and everything.

And costs 3x what they did back in the 90s too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Charisma posted:

If Egon had a sculpt that were worth $20 + gigantic loving shipping instead of a slightly above average for Mattel sculpt I would have been all over it.

To be fair, the shipping did make me rage a little. Couldn't they have just stuck in a USPS box for 2 bucks? I don't mind waiting a week.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just got an Email from Amazon.com that the SDCC exclusive "Dead Space" figure I ordered a week or so ago just shipped. I'm really loving stoked! :dance: gently caress paying ridiculous marked-up eBay scalper prices, I ordered the figure for $19.99 on Amazon.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Really something needs to be done about the EBay Scalpers. I have been doing some stats and the prices are getting completely out of wack. In the last 2 weeks not a single lose Marvel Legends figure, with more than one bid has sold for under 20 USD with shipping.

We should work on making a alternative to EBay and scalpers for collectibles, not just for us but for everyone.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Aug 7, 2009

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Djarum posted:

We should work on making a alternative to EBay and scalpers for collectibles, not just for us but for everyone.

I'd love an alternative to eBay full stop. I sell a few bits on there every now and again, and the amount of rules and the like you have to deal with these days is ridiculous. And I don't want to have to take Paypal! It shouldn't be mandatory. Ebay gets all the various listing fees for me listing my item, and then because they own Paypal they get 4% of that if someone pays me through it. Grr.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Djarum posted:

Really something needs to be done about the EBay Scalpers. I have been doing some stats and the prices are getting completely out of wack. In the last 2 weeks not a single lose Marvel Legends figure, with more than one bid has sold for under 20 USD with shipping.

Whoa maybe this is a good time to sell off then!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Djarum posted:

His name makes me think of Dokken, and the idea that Wolverine gave birth to this is simply delightful.

So does anyone here collect World of Warcraft figures, by any chance? The only place I can ever find them is at a Toys R Us 40 minutes away, and I'm still missing most of the current series. It sucks to collect things that are so drat hard to find, short of paying ridiculous prices to order them online.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jamesman posted:

His name makes me think of Dokken, and the idea that Wolverine gave birth to this is simply delightful.

So does anyone here collect World of Warcraft figures, by any chance? The only place I can ever find them is at a Toys R Us 40 minutes away, and I'm still missing most of the current series. It sucks to collect things that are so drat hard to find, short of paying ridiculous prices to order them online.

I wouldnt say I collect them. Ive bought a couple just because i liked the look of them (the gnome on the mechano chicken and the Murlocks). The only place I've ever seen them is TRU too.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

mods rename me posted:

Whoa maybe this is a good time to sell off then!

Well it also seems like the sellers themselves are artificially inflating the prices. There seems to be some real shady stuff going on EBay now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Travis343 posted:

I wouldnt say I collect them. Ive bought a couple just because i liked the look of them (the gnome on the mechano chicken and the Murlocks). The only place I've ever seen them is TRU too.

It's just weird that there are 3 Toys R Us stores within the nearby area (used to be 4, but one closed), and only one of the stores actually carries them. The others have never gotten any in since the series started.

And yeah, the Murlocs own. I found variants on them, which was fortunate. There's supposed to be one green and one blue, but the variants have both of them green or both of them blue, so I got one of each. The only other figure they had was Amberlash, so there's a few from the current series that I just can't find.

I have all the ones from previous waves though. They're not really poseable figures, but I really like the designs and detail. Retail prices for them are surprisingly reasonable too.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

Well it also seems like the sellers themselves are artificially inflating the prices. There seems to be some real shady stuff going on EBay now.

That and 90% of auctions have inflated shipping prices as well. The option when paying for shipping through paypal to "hide shipping cost" on the postage is crap. I got a Galactus shipped to me a few weeks ago for $8 shipping, so it's suspicious when it's $20 shipping for a Sentinel.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

That and 90% of auctions have inflated shipping prices as well. The option when paying for shipping through paypal to "hide shipping cost" on the postage is crap. I got a Galactus shipped to me a few weeks ago for $8 shipping, so it's suspicious when it's $20 shipping for a Sentinel.

Exactly. You can't really tell me a single loose figure costs 12 dollars to ship, which is really common.

I really don't believe any of the scalpers are making any real money on the figures just ripping people off on the shipping since they are stuck with a garage worth of junk that is not selling.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Djarum posted:

Exactly. You can't really tell me a single loose figure costs 12 dollars to ship, which is really common.

I really don't believe any of the scalpers are making any real money on the figures just ripping people off on the shipping since they are stuck with a garage worth of junk that is not selling.

I suppose they could just instate a mandatory USPS Flat Rate priority box type thing, but even that would be tough to be strict about. But a loose figure can fit in one of the $4.90 flat rate boxes, so in no circumstance should it ever cost more than that.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

I suppose they could just instate a mandatory USPS Flat Rate priority box type thing, but even that would be tough to be strict about. But a loose figure can fit in one of the $4.90 flat rate boxes, so in no circumstance should it ever cost more than that.

They capped shipping on video games but too hard of a cap would make it tough to sell big figures. See Amazon.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
I inflate my shipping to try to offset the huge rear end fees I have to pay to ebay/paypal when I sell there. I don't see a problem with that. You see what the shipping charge is before you buy it so bitching about it seems silly. (not that I charge 12 bucks to ship a loose figure, but 5 or 6 sounds fair.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Fish Of Doom posted:

My point exactly. If I see shipping over 5 dollars on a loose figure I go elsewhere. Look at BAF parts sometime. Some people are charging 8-12 dollars for a single BAF part. I had to order a figure a year ago for a project which I payed 2 dollars for and the shipping was 8. The fucker put the thing in a regular white envelope and 4 stamps on it. I wanted to shoot the guy in the face.

mods rename me posted:

They capped shipping on video games but too hard of a cap would make it tough to sell big figures. See Amazon.

What kind of big figures need more than 6-7 bucks in shipping? I have shipped old, heavy diecast stuff and it has never cost even 7 dollars.

Bushifox posted:

I inflate my shipping to try to offset the huge rear end fees I have to pay to ebay/paypal when I sell there. I don't see a problem with that. You see what the shipping charge is before you buy it so bitching about it seems silly. (not that I charge 12 bucks to ship a loose figure, but 5 or 6 sounds fair.)

See if you are selling things that you don't think you are going to get enough to offset the fees, just don't sell it. You are part of the problem. It is not my responsibility to pay for your fees. You should either put those fees into your Buy It Now/reserve price or not sell it. It is frankly deceptive to do that and if a actual retailer tried to pull something like that it would be outright fraud. Granted 5 bucks is much better than most dickass scalpers. Really I want to kill every fat loving worthless scalper on the planet. They are the reason why you can't find anything worthwhile.