Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

Dammit Who? posted:

ferrinus was kind enough to let me sell off some stuff that I had literally never used

but yes, i did spend regular xp on the magebro sanctum, because I BELIEVE in magebro sanctum

:shobon:

Okay! Size 3 means there's about 5 to 8 rooms. We can set aside a couple for the members of the Cabal who need a permanent place to crash, like Thor.

Attorney at Funk posted:

the only thing I'm definitely buying is order status 3, so I've got 30 merit xp kicking around that I can spend on whatever or if ferrinus decides to give me a cool thing

Do you want to put a library in our Sanctum, or even see if you can move yours into it? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

Do you want to put a library in our Sanctum, or even see if you can move yours into it? :shobon:

Everyone who has a library should move it into the Sanctum

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

I would totally move my library to the Magebro Sanctum, though I dunno if anyone else would be interested in Alchemy and Supernology

Democrat Death Tax
Jan 19, 2008

by Ozma
you guys spent like 6 months playing in ferrinus' gay game just so you would accumulate enough points to make a bitchin house didnt you

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Democrat Death Tax posted:

you guys spent like 6 months playing in ferrinus' gay game just so you would accumulate enough points to make a bitchin house didnt you

9 months

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Attorney at Funk posted:

I would totally move my library to the Magebro Sanctum, though I dunno if anyone else would be interested in Alchemy and Supernology

ummmmmmmm excuse me *raises paw*

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

listen unless you're going to help move couches i don't want to hear it!

Attorney at Funk posted:

everyone is interested in alchemy and supernology

Democrat Death Tax
Jan 19, 2008

by Ozma
does your desire for a shared home stem from abandonment issues after your parents divorced

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

does your desire for a shared home stem from abandonment issues after your parents divorced

we watched animal house too many times, we want a party house

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

hmm status *** in the adamantine arrow grants the title of Thunderbolt Guardian, looks like i know what some exp is going towards

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

brennon posted:

hmm status *** in the adamantine arrow grants the title of Thunderbolt Guardian, looks like i know what some exp is going towards

i think you'd have to justify that somehow to raise it more than 1 point, i think we'll have to save new york again to get that high :(

also if you're st status 3 in an order you basically have to spend all your free time helping out the order so you won't have any time to ride your bike :(

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

i think you'd have to justify that somehow to raise it more than 1 point, i think we'll have to save new york again to get that high :(

also if you're st status 3 in an order you basically have to spend all your free time helping out the order so you won't have any time to ride your bike :(

yeah I know, there are some merits that imply that you're basically a SuperSoldier to the order though I think in the adamantine arrow book, also oaths

the adamantine arrow book is the best, the art is like EXTREME MAGE all the time

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

brennon posted:

yeah I know, there are some merits that imply that you're basically a SuperSoldier to the order though I think in the adamantine arrow book, also oaths

there's a bunch of fighting styles in the arrow book, which are all crazy of course

i took a dot in Oathbound so now i can swear Oaths and get power from them

quote:

the adamantine arrow book is the best, the art is like EXTREME MAGE all the time

hell loving yes

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
someone make a soulstone

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

a man of ill repute posted:

someone make a soulstone

Do Not Do This.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

36SXP Special Experience Points (Enoch)
--------------------------
-4SXP Status 2 (Adamantine Arrow)
-6SXP Iron Stamina 3
-6SXP Resources 3
-6SXP Oathbound 2
14SXP Remaining

ive done this but what now, also i exchanged fast reflexes for other things since i dont actually qualify for it, that being resources 2 and Fame (minor freakin criminal)

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma

Resources - 1 (2xp)
quick reflexes thing - 1 (2xp)
Consilium Status - 1 (free)
Order Status - 2 (Mysterium) (first level free, 4xp)

level 3 merits
-bought the 3rd dot in size for the cabal's sanctum (6xp)

Level 4 Merit
Artifact 4 Wand of Ruin. Hell yeah. (20xp)

34 merit xp spent. 2 left behind for some future purchase i guess. booyah.

Tombheart. Daduchos of the mysterium.

a man of ill repute fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 11, 2009

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

brennon posted:

36SXP Special Experience Points (Enoch)
-4SXP Status 2 (Adamantine Arrow)
-6SXP Iron Stamina 3
-6SXP Resources 3
-6SXP Oathbound 2
14SXP Remaining

ive done this but what now, also i exchanged fast reflexes for other things since i dont actually qualify for it, that being resources 2 and Fame (minor freakin criminal)

if you feel like chipping in 10xp you can buy a fifth dot for the group sanctum, so it can have security 2. but that's more than the others have chipped in since merit dots get more and more expensive so if you don't want to that's cool too!

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

da op posted:

PARADOX:
Paradox is a bit more prevalent, but much less hindering. It never directly damages you or causes your spell to fail, but it does cause your spell to have unintended side effects, highlights you as its caster, and sometimes causes collateral damage.

Base Pool: Gnosis Rating
+1 per two Vulgar spells already cast in scene by any mage
+2 if any Sleepers bear witness to the magic
+1 per roll made in a ritual casting

-1 for casting a rote
-2 for using a dedicated tool
-4 for using a dedicated laboratory (supercedes tool)

-2 per extra point of mana spent
-1 per two points of mana spent in ritual

if you guys have like 3 dots of Resources between you and are also adding dots of Library and stuff (i'm fairly sure this is the case) you can treat special parts of your sanctum at dedicated magical laboratories, which are basically room-sized magical implements! as long as your castings are heavily ritualized and partake of the environment around you (stand in your magic circle surrounded by open spellbooks and crystals and poo poo) you can have -4 to paradox rolls instead of just -2 for using a wand or w/e

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

"tombheart get out of my laborratory!!" -adramel

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Attorney at Funk posted:

"tombheart get out of my laborratory!!" -adramel

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
crystals wtf.

real pros use skulls w/ mystic sigils and candles on them

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

incidentally adramel hasn't posted yet but he could probably at least pick up the slack w/r/t buying Hallow so that dammitwho doesn't have to use real xp on it

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
how big is the average werewolf skull. can i have kept the one from my skeletal minion. i wanna mount that poo poo on the wall

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

how big is the average werewolf skull. can i have kept the one from my skeletal minion. i wanna mount that poo poo on the wall

a little smaller than a horse's head; yes

it's charred completely black, mind you

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

a little smaller than a horse's head; yes

it's charred completely black, mind you

is that supposed to be a disincentive

Danhenge
Dec 16, 2005
You can have this werewolf skull that's kind of grody and bleached white or you can have this gnarly werewolf skull that's scorched black and looks like death itself. Which do you choose, Tombheart?

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma

Danhenge posted:

You can have this werewolf skull that's kind of grody and bleached white or you can have this gnarly werewolf skull that's scorched black and looks like death itself. Which do you choose, Tombheart?

booyah

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
btw we're having a moving-in session

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

make eldritch pacts with unknowable forces to hold up the other end of the couch when climbing the drat stairs

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

tell me what we still need for Sanctum and perhaps i will buy it

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Zarick posted:

tell me what we still need for Sanctum and perhaps i will buy it

We're at Size 3, Security 1, with a 3-dot Hallow. Arrian bought the Hallow all by himself, which was commendable, but Ferrinus suggested you could chip in a little so he doesn't have to use actual XP instead of just merit XP. A three dot Hallow can be split 6xp and 6xp.

Parecelsus may or may not be moving his 2-dot Library there.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

adramel should pay for the entire hallow if he doesn't have any other merit xp ideas imo!

i feel like i should formalize "dedicated laboratory" as a merit, though, since you have to specifically dedicate tools to yourself and a laboratory would be just as private. watch this thread

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

adramel should pay for the entire hallow if he doesn't have any other merit xp ideas imo!

i feel like i should formalize "dedicated laboratory" as a merit, though, since you have to specifically dedicate tools to yourself and a laboratory would be just as private. watch this thread

you should formalize other sanctum stuff so it can be totally bitchin

the best sanctum in new york

hell of mage parties

oh man i wonder what mages think of partying with other mages

get a bunch of thrysus hangin' around so nobody has to drink home drunk

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

fact: lsd is a matter pattern. trip balls and talk to ghosts. moros party style

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

don't do drug

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma

Attorney at Funk posted:

fact: lsd is a matter pattern. trip balls and talk to ghosts. moros party style

*waves glow sticks, sobs quietly at impending doom*

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

*waves glow sticks, sobs quietly at impending doom*

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

meanwhile the mastigoi get a little drunk and turn the place into literal pandemonium, all hallucinations and hallways that never end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Crimson is going to be spending 30 of the Merit XP on a Retainer ***** to represent her "buying in" to a Cryptopoly, or getting one of her own off the ground. Six more will go into a shared Library for our new Sanctum. Where is it? Crimson's taking a room and she is TOTALLY staying up as late as she wants. She also has some regular XP to spend but I have to check it.