Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003
...no more disruptive than Insight.
Bike disposal: nobody will buy it, you're sick of seeing it, take it up a mountain and throw it away.

http://www.vimeo.com/5964784

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
These are a couple of month's old but i don't remember seeing these here.

EWAN AND THINGY - THE WRONG WAY ROUND
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DD3965289E9D9F9A

I've only watched the first few so far but its pretty good, the guy playing Ewan is spot on.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That was pretty good, I like the "bellend" jacket Charley was wearing.

copsh
Jan 28, 2008
i'm sick sick

Linedance posted:

Looks like Gilera makes a 3-wheel maxi scoot too

pretty butch looking.

What's up Chiswick High road.

To Contribute: (didnt see these in the last 30 pages or so)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slim Pickens posted:

Pretty sure I saw someone post this bike:

From the guy who brought you Daikatana.....

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

copsh posted:

What's up Chiswick High road.

good guess... :tinfoil:

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3Rfs9GJp6s

Took this this morning, a TN State Trooper had a Lamborghini pulled over. What the camera missed was the passenger waving and the Statie giving me a dirty look as I went by. Anyone have a guess on the model from the brief glimpse?

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
That looks more like a Ferrari 430 to me. Mostly going on the taillamp design and the badge on the front passenger fender. Not necessarily a Scuderia as seen below, but the tail and badges are on all the 430 models that way.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Guy loses Harley down a hill while trying to park at Deals Gap.
http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100233

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
DRZ vs. some sportbikes on Blood Mountain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VubeFwuk66Y&feature=related

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I finally got out in the woods with one of the guys I work with. I found out pretty quick how out of shape I am.

I would've gotten some helmet cam footage on the actual trails, but it turned into a bigger safety hazard than anything. I got a branch stuck in there at one point, and the branch decided to stay attached to the tree it was on. I'm still surprised at how well my bike runs for being 25 years old.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slim Pickens posted:

Nah, I think what he meant was he wanted to show off his "kickin' whip yo" and on the way there he had a tank slapper or something while passing a truck because he had too little trail. The bike never even made it to the island, but I guess it's riding fine now.

He didn't have any idea what geometry specs he was going to use before he built the bike? :psyduck:

Not to mention, shocker that it handles like poo poo with a front tire that huge.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Aug 10, 2009

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Pvt. Public posted:

That looks more like a Ferrari 430 to me. Mostly going on the taillamp design and the badge on the front passenger fender. Not necessarily a Scuderia as seen below, but the tail and badges are on all the 430 models that way.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Looks a lot more like a 599 than a 430 me. Look at the raised rear end end and the side skirt swooping upwards.

SanitysEdge fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 10, 2009

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

SanitysEdge posted:

Looks a lot more like a 599 than a 430 me. Look at the raised rear end end and the side skirt swooping upwards.

I was wondering about that, but the nose doesn't seem long enough to me. I've managed to actually touch a 599, and the nose is really long. The rear on a 430 is higher than that picture makes it look. You do have a point about the side skirts though. I'm fully willing to admit I could be wrong here. I wish the res on the video was a little better.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

"There's a reason I bought a modular helmet, alright? :colbert:"

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I honestly thought about a cupholder mod of some sort, but I just don't eat fast food much, even less so via drive through.

Besides, with Hollywood's lovely-rear end roads the cup would just bounce right out anyway.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Pvt. Public posted:

I was wondering about that, but the nose doesn't seem long enough to me. I've managed to actually touch a 599, and the nose is really long. The rear on a 430 is higher than that picture makes it look. You do have a point about the side skirts though. I'm fully willing to admit I could be wrong here. I wish the res on the video was a little better.

It's definitely a 430, the shoulder air intakes give it away.

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Aargh posted:

It's definitely a 430, the shoulder air intakes give it away.

This was ID'd as a 430. Apparently my knowledge of Italian cars which I'll never own is somewhat lacking. :(

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

sirbeefalot posted:

I honestly thought about a cupholder mod of some sort, but I just don't eat fast food much, even less so via drive through.

Besides, with Hollywood's lovely-rear end roads the cup would just bounce right out anyway.

I wanna mock something up so I can hold a water bottle within easy reach.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I just discovered the Africa Twin

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLx96riWzGE

Fist pounding makes any stunt cooler.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

:fap:

How much will this cost me?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

blugu64 posted:

:fap:

How much will this cost me?

for that one? 6-8k i think. or 3-5k for a /5 in decent but not pristine condition i think. i've never seen one for sale that color though. i'm not sure that's an original color.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Retarded Pimp posted:

Guy loses Harley down a hill while trying to park at Deals Gap.
http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100233

I got my ticket at that exact same spot last month, going 52 in a 30. 20 more yards and it was a 40 mph zone. rear end in a top hat cop.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I got my ticket at that exact same spot last month, going 52 in a 30. 20 more yards and it was a 40 mph zone. rear end in a top hat cop.

I was speeding and a cop enforced the law. If he would have just not done his job for 20 more yards I would still have been breaking the law. What a loving rear end in a top hat pig!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's the StigMichael Schumacher and the reason why he won't be making his F1 comeback after all.

dejanigma
Oct 23, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4JhruinbWc#t=1m50s&feature=related

This video starts with some fancy motor pool stunts, then goes on to explain the workings of a differential, I thought it was really interesting and kich. The voice over is just amazing, how can he maintain such deadpan composure!

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

That was pretty good, thanks.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
During the AMA Superbike race at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL earlier this year there was a tornado warning for the area. Since I'm a member of the museum I got to hide out there while the storm blew over. The place they had us shelter from the possible tornado? Their underground storage bunker filled with bikes. Sadly, all I had was a cell phone and the battery died after just one picture of the storage area.

This is just part of the first room. The walls of "shelves" are roughly 1000' long with about 50' between that are also filled with bikes. Each bike is on its own metal pallet with its own stock number. I'm told the basement below this one has bikes on free standing "pages" of "shelves" like this one and that you access the bikes by turning each "page" electronically like some kind of massive book.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'd punch a baby to be able to hang out in there for a few weeks. Why couldn't you have more pictures :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
At night, Steve McQueen, Evel Knievel and others walk out of the stacks and go riding

"Is this heaven?"
"No... it's Birmingham."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I mean jesus it's like they're preserving one of every motorcycle, like that seed bank the Norwegians are putting together up in Svalbard, so that if the day ever comes when there are no more bieks, we can reverse-engineer them and repopulate the earth

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005
This has probably been posted before but it deserves to be posted again: Jay Leno's Jet powered 320ish hp superbike. The best part is that you would assume that the bike moves forward by the exhaust from the jet but actually the rear wheel is powered by the shaft from the engine.
Dicking around inside the bike a little
More general info

reir
Nov 19, 2004

Some good high res shots from Danny Lyons The Bikeriders

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/iconic-american-images-by-danny-lyon-the-bikeriders-and-beyond/

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Well that's a pretty lovely glitter paint job..

..bur whats that on the seat.

poo poo.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

blugu64 posted:

I just discovered the Africa Twin

I find it hard to believe that the rider didn't go down a second after this was taken.

KozmoNaut posted:

It's the StigMichael Schumacher and the reason why he won't be making his F1 comeback after all.

Seriously? Story?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Cross posted from GBS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3186254

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

Holy poo poo that's amazing. The old guy interview was priceless.