Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

VibrioCholera posted:

I just picked up an 2002 BMW M3 fully loaded. It's carbon black with BMW CSL wheels and the car is the best thing ever. Total love.

I don't have pictures because I'm still in shock it's in the garage but I do have a question.

The car has the CD player and Harmon Kardon sound system. The only issue is in 2002 they didn't have an aux input and now I have no real way to play my music off my iPod. :(

Is there a kit or something an audio installer can do that isn't too pricey that will allow me to listen to my iPod once again or should I start burning the CDs?

It looks like there is a dice adapter avaliable for your car (http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/product/514/282/BMW-E46-iPod-Kit-by-DICE/). I just upgraded my 2002 530 with one, and I can't complain. It will replace your CD changer, but if you've got an ipod hookup that works, what is the point. The DICE unit also lets one play via an AUX cable, so you can use your blackberry (or zune or whatever else has a 3.5mm connection).

Installation-wise, the behind dash takes about 5 minutes once you figure out how to drop the stereo, or at least did in my e39. Unfortunately don't have an M3 to play with so I can't say for certain, but the linked page has some installation info. I'd recommend calling them and getting the in-dash version of the kit rather than the trunk mount they seem to prefer to sell. Much easier IMHO.

PS: this is the kit you want: http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?cPath=67_69_135_170&products_id=1620

wwb fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 11, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.

wwb posted:

DICE

Dice is great and all, but it's expensive. If you just want an AUX in, get a Blitsafe adaptor:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/blitzbmwauxv1.html

I had one in my E46 and it worked great. $80.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

VibrioCholera posted:

I'm going to take a look at this. I wouldn't have too much of a problem doing any of this myself but I'm also kind of uneasy about tearing into this too quickly. I read the BMW FAQ on the unit and it sounds pretty nice but drat, $300.

Also, I usually use my BlackBerry so the iPod adapter might just be an option that doesn't exist for me. I guess I COULD put my Touch to use and just leave it in the car.

Thanks.

You might want to check the mobile electronics thread at Xoutpost. They're officially an X3/5/6 forum, but were very helpful for info on installing an aftermarket iPod adapter in my E38. There's a guy in their forums named Tom G. who runs EAS (a parts supplier) who was great - he's local to me and offered to swing by and diagnose install problems I had.

Everything I've read about the official BMW unit makes it sound undesirable to me. I'm inclined to think if I bought a car with it factory installed I'd try to rip it out and go aftermarket. I went with DICE and it's been great.

http://tinyurl.com/BMW-EAS

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Thirding the DICE if you want iPod control, otherwise just grab a standard aux in plug.

I have the DICE HD in my E46 and love it. iPod control (fails somewhat with iPhones, but still usable), separate auxiliary input, and HD Radio all in one box stashed nicely behind my glove compartment. Installation took about an hour, during which it was the first time I'd ever pulled apart the trunk or back seat to run that cable.

I'd recommend doing the direct cable connection to the head unit rather than the trunk plug though. My trunk plug gets loose every now and then, causing a bit of ignition feedback until I pop the carpet on that side and reseat it.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 11, 2009

wwb
Aug 17, 2004

On iPhones--I think the newer units should fare alot better. Biggest bonus is the new cables will charge them. I haven't hooked up the touch to the bimmer yet, but I should try it and post a trip report.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

wwb posted:

On iPhones--I think the newer units should fare alot better. Biggest bonus is the new cables will charge them. I haven't hooked up the touch to the bimmer yet, but I should try it and post a trip report.

I use an iPhone 3G with my DICE and it works pretty well. The only complaints are the iPhone gives an unsupported peripheral error when plugged in and won't start charging unless the radio is in CD/DICE mode. If I switch to CD to start charging I can switch back to FM and it will continue to charge.

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much
So which is the better drive for mountain roads and general hoonery: a [98|99] M3 convertible, or a E46 [325|328] convertible? Both manual, of course.

Nermal.
Mar 16, 2003

Hello!
Thank you guys so much for your information about the E39 M5s (About 3000 pages ago). My living situation has changed, and I have about half the money I previously had available for a car payment. This, unfortunately, has not changed my love for the E39. I just recently found a 2002 530i with a sport package and all the toys, with around 75000 miles for $8400. Why such a steal? Because it's SALVAGED :gonk:

Looked up the details, and it was simply a headlight, bumper, and front quarter panel replacement. No frame damage, and I took it for a pre-purchase inspection at a BMW dealership and they said it was flawless. Is that too high of a price for a salvage? What the gently caress does buying, registering, and titling a salvage really entail? Am I an idiot for even considering this? HELP I LOVE IT.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Niacin posted:

So which is the better drive for mountain roads and general hoonery: a [98|99] M3 convertible, or a E46 [325|328] convertible? Both manual, of course.

E36 M3 is superior for hooning. Well maintained, they've got hoon written all over them. Please drive responsibly.

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Nermal. posted:

No frame damage... Is that too high of a price for a salvage? What the gently caress does buying, registering, and titling a salvage really entail?

Re: price -- you're in the right ballpark, I'd try to get it as cheap as possible but you're on track. There's NOTHING it needs? No suspension, cooling system... NOTHING to bargain with???

Re: registration & title, should be no big deal if it's already titled as a restored salvage. If not, it's just an inspection away from being titled, and THAT inspection might be a bargaining chip. Laws vary by state, mileage may vary, blah blah but it sounds like a good deal. The 530i is really the sweetspot between the 6-cyl reliability and the 5-series desirability.

pyrrhus
Jul 24, 2001
I may be joining the BMW crowd pretty soon, but I'm still hesitant.

I looked at two '01 325iTs, each with 149k miles and both automatics. One sold for $6800 and the other is listed for $6950 out the door. Honestly, that many miles scares me a little, especially on an automatic, but they were both good looking cars that seemed to run great.

I also considered looking at an '01 530i 5-speed with about 140k miles and all maint records.

Am I crazy for even looking at BMWs with that many miles on them?

LCN
Jul 27, 2009

pyrrhus posted:

Am I crazy for even looking at BMWs with that many miles on them?

If they're properly maintained, and you keep it up, they'll run twice what they have on the odo currently. I'd forget about the 530 if it's manual though, it'll be hard to sell again (at least here they are, 5's with manuals attract maybe 2% of the amount of people that like them with automatics. 3 series is for goofing around with le stick.)

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Can someone tell me why all the new 3 series are looking more and more like the lovely design that is the 6 and 7 series rear end? That loving ugly flattop with the weird taillights is invading a car I've loved since I was 13. I saw one today and it made me very, very, very sad.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

peterjmatt posted:

Periodic lubing is definitely a good idea on the older scissor regulators, but it's not going to help on the newer cable driven ones. They break due to the plastic bits getting brittle.

I believe there is a "Zip tie" fix out there that folks are doing (even preemptively) on their E46's. I plan on doing that when I hear the next one go, since I'm past my warranty now.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

spouse posted:

Can someone tell me why all the new 3 series are looking more and more like the lovely design that is the 6 and 7 series rear end? That loving ugly flattop with the weird taillights is invading a car I've loved since I was 13. I saw one today and it made me very, very, very sad.

When you're updating a brand's image, you gotta take some risks. It's inevitably going to be a love-hate move for the brand loyalists. Jack Baruth comments on BMW vs its competition in that respect:
http://www.speedsportlife.com/2009/02/04/avoidable-contact-24-the-man-who-saved-bmw/

Sterndotstern
Nov 16, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

spouse posted:

That loving ugly flattop with the weird taillights is invading a car I've loved since I was 13. I saw one today and it made me very, very, very sad.

Not to mention improved aerodynamics and cargo space. I still hate the poo poo out of the Bangle Butt, or the poop deck as I've come to refer to it.

Brock Landers
Jul 28, 2004

You're a donkey. I like that.

spouse posted:

Enthusiasts have been criticizing BMW's new designs forever. I have a Roundel introducing the "New E36" and the writer said it looks like a Pontiac. Where have we heard that recently?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
At first sight, I despised the E65 7 series with the bangle butt and Dame Edna's,the E60 5er with the over-eyebrows and dumb bangle butt, the 6er with the retarded over-eyebrows Dame Edna's and bangle butt trunk.....and I still pretty much do and think they are FUGG. However, being that a ton of other manufacturers followed BMW down the path of ugliness they are a bit less ghastly to look at now.

However I do give them credit for fixing (or at least smoothing) out all the 7 series fugglery by re-doing the rear trunk, tail lights etc for the 2008+ models.

Additionally, the new 5 and 7 Hooeydonker's are going to be bloated pigs with Lexus ES300 tail-lights and huge kidney grills. They are sort of back to the BMW style of having the 3-5-7 just being slightly larger versions of themselves as you move up the food chain, like in the 80's-90's.

I am okay with the 2006+ 3 series and its tweaks. Of course the coupe is much much better looking but I could live with a E92 M3 Sedan when they get below $40k on the secondary market.

edit: I remember back in the E30 to E36 days, the enthusiasts were really pissed as it was a very drastic change for the cars. By the time the E46 came around, the E36 people were pissed.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 12, 2009

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.

Brock Landers posted:

The cheap solution is to get some seat covers and forget about it. The correct (and expensive) solution is to take it to an upholstery shop and get it fixed. Upholstery work (outside of simple tears and rips and basic redyes) is an art-form best left to professionals.

Drove two hours to a renowned upholstery shop this weekend, first estimate: $350 :suicide:

Groan Zone
Nov 21, 2004

chug-a-lug, donna
So I think I may have a seized caliper.

I got new front brake pads and discs put in a couple weeks ago and the car felt flawless the week after. Then we've had a ton of rainstorms and I've since noticed a fairly noticeable vibration from the steering wheel when going over 120km/h. I've tried feeling the discs after driving to see if one's hotter but they both feel super hot.

Is there some surefire way of telling it's seized? I'm probably just going to take it into the shop next week to have them look at it.

VibrioCholera
Mar 7, 2003
I mentioned I picked up that 2002 Carbon Black BMW M3 with SMG transmission a few days ago. After 12 hours or so of detailing and 200 miles later this is the end result. Just a clean car and random pictures, nothing special.

I used to play GT4 with my best friend in high school and we always made black M3s since they were our dream cars. :D

Engine bays should be as clean as the rest of the car!

Gotta get artistic or something.

19" BMW CSL wheels with Tien springs.

Beep beep.

I didn't really get anything amazing out of the interior, but it's fully loaded minus headlight washers. I still can't stop driving it or getting over how absolutely perfect the car is to drive. I'm not entirely sure if I could ever give up the M series now. The SMG transmission really is something else. I've driven my share of automatics and I have a manual in my Cobra. This transmission is so drat amazing. No wonder Clarkson always goes nuts over the M3 on TV. My only gripe about the car is that I don't think there is anywhere in the United States where setting it in sport mode and level 6 does the car justice. It'll pull to 100mph like any standard car does 20mph.

The car was originally a Florida car and spent some time in Texas. I bought it off an owner in Illinois where it has lived for only a year sitting in his mother's heated garage. It's dent, ding, and rust free. Southern cars are the best cars.

I think I've spent more hours in the garage just staring at it instead of sleeping. It's like a the worst hangover in the world that lasts for days - well in this case, a wonderful hangover. I bought the car with driving it to work and back in mind since it is like a 7 mile round trip each day. I'm really sad it's not a 70 mile round trip. :(

VibrioCholera fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 12, 2009

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Two Finger posted:

My brother owns an 730 E38 with the M60 B30 engine. He's just purchased a Bentley service manual for the E38s which includes the 740, 745, 750 but contains no information about the 730. After spending hours trawling the internet this morning trying to find more specific information about it we haven't had any luck. Does anyone happen to know a service manual which does include the 730, or anywhere we might find more specific information about it?

The M60B30 engine is "exactly" the same as the M60B40 engine, just a liter smaller. So you could get an E34 manual that covers the 540 and take it from there.

But prioritize info found on the internet instead, particularly good forums. They're generally much more rich in information than a manual.

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM
I need to replace the clutch on my 2003 330i 5sp. While I'm in there I plan on also replacing the throwout bearing and putting in a short-shifter.

I have a few questions:

-Is there a particular clutch kit that is better than others? What parts should I look for in a clutch kit? I will need whatever specialized tools/alignment tools are necessary.

-What else should I be replacing? 77,700 miles on the stock clutch and the shifter is feeling quite wobbly and loose, so I would like to replace everything in the area that I should be paying attention to. Shifter cables, bushings/bearings, other random bits?

-How complicated is the job? I've done brakes, oil, and front suspension on this car already and I'm fairly confident with my mechanical ability. I will have another car to use in case it takes longer than a weekend, but am I going to find myself quickly in over my head? I will purchase a Haynes/Chilton's manual with the parts I need.

-Is there a website that comes highly recommended for ordering these parts? I'm willing to pay more for a reliable retailer with quality parts, and I would prefer to get all the parts from the same place.

-Any recommendations on short-shifters? I'm mostly looking to stiffen up the feel of gear selection because right now it feels very stick-in-rocks like. I assume some of that is the bushings I need to replace and some of that is wear on the stock shift mechanism. I aim to replace most of these parts, and I would like a quality shift mechanism to install. Preferably not adjustable, I would rather not deal with the extra complication.

Gas Break Dip
May 16, 2008

Then scrape.
Would you consider going from a 97 328is to an '89 325is a downgrade if you were daily driving it? What sort of comments do you think an E36 owner would have about an E30 if he wanted to compare the two? I do love the M52's grunt but am very curious to experience this mystical amazing driving feel that E30's apparently have. Do tell, what is it about your E30 that you love so much?

Gas Break Dip fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 13, 2009

Ethelinda Sapsea
Aug 11, 2006

Jesse Eisenberg fighting Michael Cera. It's supposed to be bundles of twigs topped with brillo pads

Gas Break Dip posted:

Would you consider going from a 97 328is to an '89 325is a downgrade if you were daily driving it? What sort of comments do you think an E36 owner would have about an E30 if he wanted to compare the two? I do love the M52's grunt but am very curious to experience this mystical amazing driving feel that E30's apparently have. Do tell, what is it about your E30 that you love so much?

I think the immediate impression an e36 driver would find is that the e30 feels old. The cabin is much smaller and the styling in general is very 80s compared to the e36, which still strikes me as contemporary. The next thing you'll probably notice is that the steering wheel is huge, and the lock-to-lock ratio is much higher than your car. Next, you'll probably find that road and engine noise is much louder, and the power band is much smaller than on a 328i. If you drive it long enough, you'll notice that your fuel economy is the same or worse than your bigger, heavier e36 was.

That being said, I drive an e30. I like small cars, and I like how cheap and easy most things are to work on. I like the lack of complexity, and I do find that I pay more attention when I'm driving it compared to newer cars. When I really push it into corners it lets go very progressively, and in general it's just more fun to toss around than an e36.

For a normal commuter, I'd recommend the e36 any day of the week. For a project/fun /cheap car, I'd go with the e30.

If you're considering switching based solely on "feel", you should probably go drive one. It's one of those tough aspects in a car to quantify.

edit: And if you want to talk about a downgrade, I went from an e92 to an e30 daily driver. It wasn't all that jarring of a switch, though i still miss the comfort of the e92 sometimes.

Ethelinda Sapsea fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 14, 2009

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
^^ Agree 100%

pyrrhus
Jul 24, 2001
My search continues...

The 325iT I looked at was a nice driving car, but the 149k mileage scared me. It was also a little on the small side. Otherwise, I really liked it.

Then I drove an e39. I want an e39.

I saw a high-miles 525iT auto (191k) that had supposedly been gone over by a mechanic. It was extremely clean - very little wear for any car of that age and especially one with that many miles. It drove very well - engine ran smooth and the transmission shifted great. Reading some online comments about the lot that it's sitting on was a little discouraging, though.

I drove a 530iA or two and loved them. A little more power than the 525 but still OK on gas. The automatic seems to shift OK, and it would definitely be nicer than a 5-speed in traffic. I just worry about the transmission failing. I can only really find '01s with around 120-130k miles in my price range, so I'm not sure how much life there would be left in the transmission or how long I could make it before the "No Reverse" issue cropped up.

There is a very clean two-owner 530i 5-speed that I'm still considering. It's significantly less expensive, comes with maintenance records, and seems to be coming from a BMW fan that's taken pretty good care of it. Everyone is telling me to stay away from the manual transmission, though - resale will be worse, I'll grow tired of it quickly, etc.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Manual vs auto is a hotly debated thing here in AI, with heavy biased towards manual. However, i advise to you make your own decision, and go with what you like the best.

Just today, I bought an E34 540 (will post pics and trip report in a few days) with a 5-speed auto box, and I LOVE IT. I've been shifting that drat stick up and down for nearly 5 years now in the other cars I've owned, living in the city, and after just a few hours of owning an auto car, I'm sure I'll never own a manual again, for daily driving.

If you have a powerful engine, nothing is more fun than just putting the pedal down and having it go, and the level of comfort it brings is just incredible. Very smooth shifts, and you only feel a very slight tug in the car upon downshifting with kickdown. The loss of power through the auto drive train is easily made up for because it's so easy and effortless to downshift, so overall, unless you daily drive like you're on a track with agressive gearshifts, you'll get around faster too.

I had concerns about the reliability of the autobox as well, though, and I read that particularly the ZF 5HP30 that's in the E34 540 is fragile, but luckily, the one I bought got a complete tranny rehaul 40k miles ago.

With a 530's power or above, I'd definitely go auto.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Anyone know where the gently caress I can get some Microlube GL 261 (clutch spline lube)? The bentley and the repair manual say it's the only lube I should use, but of course the BMW dealership says "we don't sell lube for retail" and carquest doesn't know their head from their asses.

I've tried searching online but can't really find it anywhere. The one place that did have it says 2 weeks to process my order, which is retarded. I want to be driving it in 2 weeks, not just starting to put it back together.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Crustashio posted:

The BMW dealership says "we don't sell lube for retail"

Call up and say you're with...I donno "Jim's European Auto" or something and say you ran out and need to pick some up for a job ASAP. :v:

It just might be crazy enough to work!

Pilsner posted:

Manual vs auto

Yeah, I've owned two automatic cars and my current ride is a manual M3. Recently someone broke into passenger side window and I had a loaner for a few days. Going back to automatic was such a nice relaxing feeling.

Since I'm still fairly new to the manual I still have to worry about getting the clutch just right or if I should be downshifting or accidentally going into 2nd instead of 4th; you know little annoying things that make you doubt your ability to actually drive a stick.

If I get another car soon I'm definitely going back to automatic.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

DevCore posted:

If I get another car soon I'm definitely going back to automatic.

Statements like that make me sad. I don't mind automatics, but I learned to drive in a manual transit bus and the idea that enthusiasts are starting to prefer automatics hurts.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

OrangeFurious posted:

Statements like that make me sad. I don't mind automatics, but I learned to drive in a manual transit bus and the idea that enthusiasts are starting to prefer automatics hurts.

It depends on what your car enthusiasm is about. For me, shifting can be fun. A good downshift or a swift upshift can be nice, but in 95% of cases, it's just tedious.

Just putting the pedal down and having it go like a rocket, now that brings enthusiasm in me :). * V8 purr goes here *

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Automatics put me to sleep. If I absolutely had to commute in stop and go everyday I'd just buy another beater civic and keep my BMW for the weekends. Nothing on an automatic can ever match a perfect heel toe downshift.

Turns out my clutch kit comes with the spline lube :v: I just recieved it after ranting and it has a nice little packet of it. Flywheel bolts also came with threadlocker/sealant already applied so that was a bonus. Still have to try and track down some loctite 573, which carquest has never heard of. How can a shop not know about what is pretty much an engineering standard?

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Pilsner posted:

It depends on what your car enthusiasm is about. For me, shifting can be fun. A good downshift or a swift upshift can be nice, but in 95% of cases, it's just tedious.

Just putting the pedal down and having it go like a rocket, now that brings enthusiasm in me :). * V8 purr goes here *

Don't get me wrong - all my cars are automatics (no other choice in those models) and I like them just fine. I think what bugs me is how many enthusiasts don't know how to drive a manual well (or don't have the practice/incentive to enjoy it). It's more nostalgia for a disappearing tech than anything else.

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.
The backlight on the controls for the heater and blower and so forth has gone out on my E30.
Anyone know the easiest way to fix it? Where the bulb is located?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Just piping in to say that yesterday I drove 1,100 miles in my E36, and I think I love it 1,100 miles more. Fantastic long-distance car, especially through the Appalachians even though I stayed on the interstate.

DimitriPopov
Oct 19, 2003

You probably dont even hear it when it happens right?
For me the biggest problem with Autos is they just wont drat shift. I really hate putting my foot down and having to kindly ask the car if it would loving MOVE. That said I havent driven many sporting autos, I suppose the 350z auto is acceptable in manual mode but I still think it would be more fun with a clutch :smug:

I am curious after dealing with my lovely (for winter) summer tires last year and having to bum rides to work, does everyone get around acceptably in winter if you buy dedicated winter tires? My Contour SVT was beast in snow with some Dunlop Wintersports but unfortunately my tires now are like 10 feet wide and 300$ a tire.

*BTW- I get to take my 330i in for schduled service tommorow...1300 miles overdue ( I got the oil changed just not the service)... Im a bad person :( Anyway I was sick and in the hospital like the whole month of July so I hope my little baby BMW will forgive me. Im sorry baby.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

DimitriPopov posted:

For me the biggest problem with Autos is they just wont drat shift. I really hate putting my foot down and having to kindly ask the car if it would loving MOVE.

Buy one with 250+ hp and put the auto tran in "sport" mode, problem solved. :D

Mr. Onslaught
Jun 25, 2005

For you, it was the last time you would ever post in YCS. But for me...it was Tuesday.

CornHolio posted:

Just piping in to say that yesterday I drove 1,100 miles in my E36, and I think I love it 1,100 miles more. Fantastic long-distance car, especially through the Appalachians even though I stayed on the interstate.

I couldn't sleep last night so I was browsing some BMW boards looking at E36 pictures, thinking "these are such timeless cars, the clean ones look like they could be a 2010 model, I love these cars." Then I remembered oh hey I have one why not go for a 3 AM drive, and I ended up going through some twisty mountain areas for about an hour. E36s foreva~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
Protip for canadians: If you need parts (say, more than a few bolts), it's probably cheaper to order from pelicanparts using UPS express and pay the duty on it. BMW wanted 235.83 for the seals on my transmission and transfer case. The seals that sell for about 4 dollars each from pelicanparts. I wish I hadn't needed it done ASAP.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 18, 2009