Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

(It is actually rad, it beats the poo poo out of all those super serious reveals where the players are all pouting in photoshops in the Saving Private Ryan washed out colour palette to show how Serious Business football is.)

that's just Nike's style the last year or two. Nobody else has done it to that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Anus
Feb 11, 2005

Nyarlothotep posted:

That template doesn't really work with striped shirts at all, and that giant red sponsor block isn't helping things either.

I agree with you about the template but I don't really mind the red block. But they're not going to sell a lot of shirts this year.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

It looks like there's a giraffe on his chest, with it's neck bent down through the sleeve. If he did a shadow puppet giraffe with that hand he could pull off the only goal celebration which could rival the burgerking.

Van den Bergh is not really someone for shadow puppeting. Shadow boxing yes... shadow puppeting no.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Semprini posted:

Partick Thistle away. For when you're so embarrassed about being the west end of Glasgow's sympathy team that you want to camouflage yourself. In amongst some gay concrete.

Who thought this was a good idea, in any way?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LE0N posted:

Who thought this was a good idea, in any way?

they sold a shitton of their horrible pink-striped kits last year, so they're trying to 1-up that, i guess

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Couch posted:

To be fair, the All Blacks announced their new blue away kit by rummaging through a dustbin and then stabbing their nan.

That made me laugh more than this does.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 10, 2009

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress off. that was an actual kit and not a joke? :psyduck:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

wayth posted:

1978. It was the only year the team existed. Why did they have to make it two-tone to make it look like a half-shirt?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

wayth posted:

I'm failing to see where it wasn't a joke.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

wayth posted:

:v: NASL :v:

I keep hoping for the Rapids to wear these as throwbacks some day.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
It looks like Liverpool and Carlsberg may finally call it a day.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/05/carlsberg-liverpool-sponsorship-markets-equities-beer.html

quote:

Carlsberg And Liverpool Might Part Ways
Javier Espinoza, 08.05.09, 10:30 AM EDT
The brewer and the football club might not renew their partnership.

LONDON -- Danish brewer Carlsberg's partnership with Liverpool soccer club is the longest in the English Premier League. Now, Carlsberg, the soccer club's official sponsor since 1992, has given the latest indication that a new deal to extend the partnership might not happen.

"We will have a conclusion of a deal or not this year. But, like in every discussion, everything has a price, and we need to assess the alternatives," Carlsberg Chief Executive Jorgen Buhl Rasmussen told Forbes after the brewer released its second-quarter earnings. Carlsberg's current sponsorship deal with Liverpool ends by mid-2010, and the brewer held an exclusivity agreement that prevented the club from exploring other options until July this year.

"If I were a brand, I wouldn't want to be associated with a football team for so long, as you end up alienating supporters of rival teams," said Stefan Szymanski, a sports economist at the Cass Business School at City University in London. "And advertisers don't want their products to be permanently associated with just one team." Szymanski also said it could be beneficial for Liverpool as it would bring new bidders: "If a team settles with a sponsor for a long time, the sponsor is willing to pay less and less. Looking for a partner brings fresh competition that could increase the value of the space in a shirt."

"We haven't tended to see football clubs maintain a very long term relationship with a particular sponsor, and moving on would make sense," Szymanksi said. "Most of the sponsors tend to be consumer products, and there are an awful lot of consumer products with great potential to sponsor a club like Liverpool."

Shares of Carlsberg rose 5.3% in afternoon trading after the company beat forecasts for its second-quarter results thanks to aggressive cost-cutting measures. The firm also said it had gained market share in Eastern Europe and Asia.

But Carlsberg's Rasmussen remained cautious. "Our assumption is that market conditions will continue to be challenging this and next year. I don't think we will see a big improvement, though it won't get worse."

According to oh-so-reliable the Daily Mail, Standard Chartered may be the replacement and are supposedly willing to pony up £ 15,000,000 a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204887/Liverpool-set-net-15m-shirt-sponsor-Banking-giants-frame-missing-United.html

It's going to look a little weird not seeing Carlsberg on the jersey. I thought their logo mixed well with LFC's kits, as opposed to Standard Chartered's:

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

TyChan posted:

It looks like Liverpool and Carlsberg may finally call it a day.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/05/carlsberg-liverpool-sponsorship-markets-equities-beer.html

According to oh-so-reliable the Daily Mail, Standard Chartered may be the replacement and are supposedly willing to pony up £ 15,000,000 a year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1204887/Liverpool-set-net-15m-shirt-sponsor-Banking-giants-frame-missing-United.html

It's going to look a little weird not seeing Carlsberg on the jersey. I thought their logo mixed well with LFC's kits, as opposed to Standard Chartered's:

Design Liverpools new sponsor could make for an interesting photoshop thread :effort:

In unrelated news, finally found IC Designs and bought this tee

Click here for the full 650x700 image.

The last size L in all of Hong Kong too.

Fed Express
Oct 5, 2005
Choo-choo
I have the Casillas one. Always wear it out to play. :)

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Sweet. Then I might be able to buy beer in Scandinavia that won't support Liverpool FC in one way or another. I think everything is owned by Carlsberg over here.

MJ_Turbo
Oct 15, 2005
da fuq?
That's pretty stupid, I'm an evertonian and I buy carlsberg all the time.

Damion
Oct 21, 2004

Fight, fight fight, for the blue, green and white

What's going on with Andrew Taylor's shirt in this photo? Is the horizontal stripe coming off?

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

MJ_Turbo posted:

That's pretty stupid, I'm an evertonian and I buy carlsberg all the time.

Oh I basically only drink Tuborg and Carlsberg when it comes to beer. Having them not sponsor Liverpool anymore would be a nice bonus, that's all.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Damion posted:

What's going on with Andrew Taylor's shirt in this photo? Is the horizontal stripe coming off?

No, it's just billowing out. You're probably mistaking the white part of the shirt between his right arm and the red bit as clean air.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Damion posted:

Poorly touched up maybe? The bit in question looks a little bit like bad cloning in photoshop.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
Liverpool need a more lucrative shirt sponsorship deal but it will look really weird without Carlsberg on the shirt, and that Standard Chartered logo is poo poo.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Bring back Candy I say

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Bring back Heritage Hampers.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Mickolution posted:

Poorly touched up maybe? The bit in question looks a little bit like bad cloning in photoshop.

the white strip just meets up with the white side panels and it's billowing out.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
We need some Crown Paints

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

c0burn posted:

Hey.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

GutBomb posted:

the white strip just meets up with the white side panels and it's billowing out.

It still looks weird. The red bit is tight to his body and the white bit doesn't look right. The bottom of the white bit looks cloned too. Doesn't matter really :)

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Spurs used Standard Chartered as their shirt sponsor for the 2005 Peace Cup. It looked absolutely retarded, and that was a logo with colors that matched up better to our shirts anyway. I can only imagine how poor it'll look on Liverpool's.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Barça is going to wear these hideous, limited edition (only 1,899 to be made) to promote some charity during the Gamper against Man City

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NattyBo posted:

Barça is going to wear these hideous, limited edition (only 1,899 to be made) to promote some charity during the Gamper against Man City

Love it

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

wicka posted:

Love it

A custom, limited edition with certificate of # can be yours for only €120

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The M looks like an N the way it's blended into the E. I really want it to say Nestle.

Dayglo
Jan 13, 2008
Away kit is finally out a week into the season..

and it's awful

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
could be far worse

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah I wouldn't be complaining about that after some of the monstrosities we've seen

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Dayglo posted:

and it's awful

Name one thing about this kit that qualifies as awful. I like that it's plain, I like the color, I like the arm stripes. I'm tempted to buy a long-sleeve one actually.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Dayglo posted:

and it's awful

It looks like the shirt has the same stripes on the chest as the home shirt has, only now they're the same color as the rest of the shirt. It looks terrible, why not get a normal plain blue shirt if that's what you're going for?

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Dayglo posted:

and it's awful

hahaha Adidas really did gently caress over the relegated North East sides didn't they?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Looks like velvet

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Name one thing about this kit that qualifies as awful.

it has a middlesbrough badge on it

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

FullLeatherJacket posted:

it has a middlesbrough badge on it

Don't worry about it, it's not intended for the likes of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

I was told there would be pie

c0burn posted:

We need some brown pants.