Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Donde Esta posted:

Vouching for this guy, despite the fact he forgot one of the heads I ordered (oops). He said he'd send me another Wed. when he's at home; the ones I did get came super fast and are great quality. Take a little bit longer to soften up, but they pop right on just like any other would.

I sent him an e-mail asking if he'd make a Captain America Shield, Rifle, or Samurai Sword (From Elektra-2 pack). I'd be happy to send him some if he doesn't have any.

Guy just needs to cast the ML5 Red Skull!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Any other Colorado DCUC Goons out there? If so, we should coordinate the finding and buying of any DCUC figures we need.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

As excited as I was about the Ghostbusters line, I got my first figure today and am just not feeling it. I'll probably still get the four Busters because my NECA Ghostbusters stuff needs the guys, but past that, its hard to justify the $20 plus shipping per figure its going to cost me. It's especially tough when I can see what I can get from MOTUC He-Ro in comparison to what they gave me.

They are Movie Masters quality, which is not a problem at about $10 ... but at $30 a pop I don't see how they couldn't have made the proton pack's blaster a solid plastic and not a completely floppy piece of poo poo, god knows I love warped weapons on figures. Also the figure is just odd looking, the likeness to Egon is actually really good ... but the body proportions are off, maybe is the T crotch they use, but the legs look stubby while he has an enormously long upper body.

Slimer isn't bad, but he feels really more like cartoon Slimer than the movie version. Egon fits well with the Terror Dogs and Stay Puft, but Zuul makes him look like a shrimp ... she's in a solid 7" scale while Egon is almost in the 5" - 6" scale Marvel Legends by Hasbro fell in.

All in all its a good figure, but not $30 good.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
There's a movie-masters Joker and a MM Two-Face figure at the TJ Maxx I work at, both $4.99 each if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Ok, pretty sure the Two-Face is a MM after looking at pictures.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Donde Esta posted:

There's a movie-masters Joker and a MM Two-Face figure at the TJ Maxx I work at, both $4.99 each if anyone's interested.

EDIT: Ok, pretty sure the Two-Face is a MM after looking at pictures.

If the Two-Face is a Movie Master then you could get about 100-150 dollars easily since that is how much the black prototypes have gone for on EBay since it has not been released. More likely it is one of the "deluxe" 5inch Dark Knight figures, the packaging it different than the cheaper DK 5 inch figures and the Two Face figure has some decent paint compared to the rest of them. But, it is 5 inch and like 6 points of articulation or something. The shooting coin thingie is pretty stupid too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well in that case dibs :smug:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also the next wave of movie masters isn't even going to be sold in stores so I really would be confused if you've actually got a Two-Face there.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Travis343 posted:

Also the next wave of movie masters isn't even going to be sold in stores so I really would be confused if you've actually got a Two-Face there.

Well the only ones in "package" that have been seen are unpainted protos with prototype packaging found in dumpsters outside the plants.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Djarum posted:

If the Two-Face is a Movie Master then you could get about 100-150 dollars easily since that is how much the black prototypes have gone for on EBay since it has not been released. More likely it is one of the "deluxe" 5inch Dark Knight figures, the packaging it different than the cheaper DK 5 inch figures and the Two Face figure has some decent paint compared to the rest of them. But, it is 5 inch and like 6 points of articulation or something. The shooting coin thingie is pretty stupid too.

Yeah then it was probably this one. I dismiss all of them because I think they're stupidly ugly, but I know some of you guys like them.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
DC Infinite Heroes Mallah's Revenge 6-pack has hit Walmart, just picked one up. But, now I have an extra Raven figure! Anyone collecting these?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For people who enjoy little vinyl excitement, Kid Robot released their Futurama blind box minis today.

http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cfm/ID/7770/name/futurama-series

The chase figs are Slurms McKenzie and Sal the Trucker.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

RevKrule posted:

For people who enjoy little vinyl excitement, Kid Robot released their Futurama blind box minis today.

http://www.kidrobot.com/products2.cfm/ID/7770/name/futurama-series

The chase figs are Slurms McKenzie and Sal the Trucker.

Goddamn those are so cool, but way too much money. I'm sure they'll be on sale later just like their Adult Swim and Simpson's stuff.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Fish Of Doom posted:

Goddamn those are so cool, but way too much money. I'm sure they'll be on sale later just like their Adult Swim and Simpson's stuff.

Yea 9 bucks for a toy the size of a pencil topper? Yeesh. They look cool but thats way too much.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

http://www.bombertoys.com/

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joe Fisto posted:

http://www.bombertoys.com/

That makes me hard where I pee.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I'm not sure if anyone else collects the Playmates Terminator: Salvation figures, but apparently news is that wave 2 of the 3 3/4" figures (which had the Bale likeness)have been cancelled. The 14" harvester will be released in the fall though.

Back in July Playmates had said they had gotten the rights to make figures from T1 and T2, and were planning on releasing them in spring of 2010, hopefully they still might, an original HK Tank and Flying HK, as well as Kyle and others would be cool.

Here's a link to the news and some cool pics of the Harvester: http://legionsofgotham.org/TOYLEGIONHOME/?s=terminator

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Jace Madan posted:

I'm not sure if anyone else collects the Playmates Terminator: Salvation figures, but apparently news is that wave 2 of the 3 3/4" figures (which had the Bale likeness)have been cancelled. The 14" harvester will be released in the fall though.

Back in July Playmates had said they had gotten the rights to make figures from T1 and T2, and were planning on releasing them in spring of 2010, hopefully they still might, an original HK Tank and Flying HK, as well as Kyle and others would be cool.

Here's a link to the news and some cool pics of the Harvester: http://legionsofgotham.org/TOYLEGIONHOME/?s=terminator

The Harvester looks pretty drat impressive. If they would have had something like that out when the movie was released perhaps it would have done better. That Bale sculpt is really good considering the scale, just the lack of articulation or paint really hurts it like the rest of the line. I think having the multiple scales out at retail hurt the line as well. As with Star Trek, they should have picked on scale and went balls out with it instead of half assing it with a ton of different sizes.

If it is true that they have the rights to T1 and T2, I hope they really take their time and make some figures that will blow people away. Most people have been waiting years and years to have good Terminator figures with modern articulation and paint.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I was kinda curious what other figures would even be in wave 2 other than the new Connor figure, seeing as how pretty much every character except Kyle Reese was covered in wave 1.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

I was kinda curious what other figures would even be in wave 2 other than the new Connor figure, seeing as how pretty much every character except Kyle Reese was covered in wave 1.

They still had to release the Moto-Terminator (They had to resculpt it to match the final movie version, same thing happened with the harvester). Also, I think that they would make a fully uncovered T-600 endo,(this is possibly a leaked proto: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TERMINATOR-SA...id=p3286.c0.m14 as well as a single carded release Blair Williams. Plus they still had to release the Bio-Flesh regenerator playset.

I was REALLY hoping they would release the 6" Endos with closed mouth headsculpts as seen in the earlier protos, they looked really nice.

Here's some pics of the earliest stuff: http://blog.atamaii.com/photo/albums/terminator-salvation-toys?id=2733069%3AAlbum%3A246&page=1

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

Too bad it's not in scale with the Iron Man figure or the Slade figure, but cool looking none the less.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

They still had to release the Moto-Terminator (They had to resculpt it to match the final movie version, same thing happened with the harvester).
That's weird, because I own the Moto-Terminator toy and it looks very close to how it looked in the movie. I had to get it imported from the UK, but it was worth it - it's probably my favorite figure from the whole line and it looks really great.

It's got this spring-loaded feature where a "seat" flips around, the dashboard pops up, and handlebars spring out, but I keep it in its "regular" mode and it looks excellent. It's got miniguns on each side, wheels that spin really well, and a folding kickstand so you can keep it upright. I like it a lot.

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Aug 16, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I picked up a ton of the first wave stuff on clearance (75% off). I'm probably going to return it in in the end, but it was really hit or miss. I liked the skeletons.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

mods rename me posted:

I picked up a ton of the first wave stuff on clearance (75% off). I'm probably going to return it in in the end, but it was really hit or miss. I liked the skeletons.
The 6"-scale T-1 is awesome, and I really liked the 3.75"-scale T-600 and T-800. The big 10"-scale T-600 was pretty cool, too, as was the big Aerial HK.

I passed on pretty much everything else.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

That's weird, because I own the Moto-Terminator toy and it looks very close to how it looked in the movie. I had to get it imported from the UK, but it was worth it - it's probably my favorite figure from the whole line and it looks really great.

It's got this spring-loaded feature where a "seat" flips around, the dashboard pops up, and handlebars spring out, but I keep it in its "regular" mode and it looks excellent. It's got miniguns on each side, wheels that spin really well, and a folding kickstand so you can keep it upright. I like it a lot.

Yeah, it seems like the proto version Moto-Terminator was a "limited" release overseas only and not in the U.S. I've only found it available to order from either UK or Japanese sites. I guess they figured it was close enough to the film version (unlike the Harvester which needed some big-time changes) so they put it out, but why they didn't put it in any U.S. mass releases I have no idea.

I haven't seen them in stores but, the A-10 Warthog and 10" T-RIP and T-700 are available on U.S. websites though, if I don't find them by the fall, I'll probably end up ordering them.

It's really unfortunate, I really wanted them to put out a fully Endoskeleton 6" T-600, I would have bought like 20 of 'em.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
I've got 6 blank white mighty muggs, is anyone interested in buying them or trading me something for them?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I finally got around to making a custom Jean Grey, especially after Hasbro thought it best to kick us in the balls and make a 3 3/4" figure. First time making a figure, I thought it came out pretty well.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Wow, nice! What was the head originally? What sort of modifications did you do to it, other than repainting it?

Seriously though, that looks pretty excellent. The "metallic" blue on the outfit really works well, and it looks great.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Yeah, that's quite impressive.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Xenomrph posted:

Wow, nice! What was the head originally? What sort of modifications did you do to it, other than repainting it?

Seriously though, that looks pretty excellent. The "metallic" blue on the outfit really works well, and it looks great.

Head and body are black costume Wasp, which works out great because she has green eyes. Hair is from X3 Jean (airbrushed red), while the gauntlets, shoulder pads, belt and 'x' are from Toybiz's Jean. Threw on a few layers of white primer, couple layers of yellow, then airbrushed with mango orange for shading. Painted a few layers of metallic blue, glued poo poo on, and voila, done.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Stuff

Very cool Jean Grey; I'm probably making one myself in the next week or so out of a Phoenix, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that nice metallic blue.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Donde Esta posted:

Very cool Jean Grey; I'm probably making one myself in the next week or so out of a Phoenix, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get that nice metallic blue.

I can tell you specifically what I used when I get home later, but the main thing is to prime the figure first and put at least 2 or 3 separate layers on.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Louisgod posted:

I can tell you specifically what I used when I get home later, but the main thing is to prime the figure first and put at least 2 or 3 separate layers on.

Sweet, is it brushable? I don't have a gun.

I do have some metallic blue acrylic spray, I'm not sure if spraying some in a bottle and brushing it on is going to work quite yet though.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Donde Esta posted:

Sweet, is it brushable? I don't have a gun.

I do have some metallic blue acrylic spray, I'm not sure if spraying some in a bottle and brushing it on is going to work quite yet though.

The kind I used is brushable and yes, I used a brush. I bought a gun for $25 the other day for the orange highlights and it worked great, just add about 1:4 ratio thinner/paint (for the gun) and you're set. For the yellow, I grabbed some sort of yellow canned spraypaint specifically for plastics. Honestly, I had a blast making the figure and you should all give it a shot if you've been wanting a Jean at all.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 17, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I guess it's new custom Monday, now.

I finished my Nico Minoru from Runaways today.

I've also started collecting some Marvel Legends, and while they're mostly pretty cool, the Danger figure was horrible. I felt it was a shame to give such a cool character such a terrible paint job, so I redid it. I thought it was funny that they didn't even make her shiny.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'm still amazed you guys can do half the things you do with paint and the Hasbro figures; I wouldn't even both 90% of the time because the bodies are usually that dismal. I guess that's most things though; I'm usually dismayed when I have a heavily deconstructed figure without the paint and then I paint it and it turns out great. Love the Danger though!

My contribution for new Custom Monday (hah):

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Heavily re-tooled Bishop with a cast Supes head from DMC. I was shooting for the cover of Cable #1, but decided to not go with the baby.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Anyone know where this Uzi is from?

I have seen a bunch of different custom figures have it but I don't know where it is from. I need to get one so my Punisher can look like War Zone #1.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jeez, I wish I had some pictures of my Commissioner Gordon to show off. He's almost done, but he needs some glasses.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Djarum posted:

Anyone know where this Uzi is from?

I have seen a bunch of different custom figures have it but I don't know where it is from. I need to get one so my Punisher can look like War Zone #1.

I'm pretty sure it's from NECA's Sin City Gail figure

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I love that hush superman head, gives him a nice brow. One suggestion though, there's a lot of brush stroke texture, especially on the silver area. Maybe try using some thinner for at least a top coat to give it a smooth look.

He looks great. It's weird seeing Cable without a giant Liefeld gun, though.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Aug 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Wow all you guys are totally customizing.. why don't you guys customize these:

Which I am up for selling or trading! What a coincidence! LoL.

Any offers before I throw them up on eBay?