Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LofwyrSai
Jul 19, 2006

Le réalité et toi, vous ne vous entendez pas, n'est-ce pas?
Thanks for the tips on MLB09.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Salt Block Party posted:

Anything for Titan Quest and expansion? I mean, it doesn't look too complex, but what are some good skills to take and masteries to avoid and such.

Dream mastery is overpowered. You did the right thing by getting the expansion, there was no item storage in the original. As long as you pick two good mastery spheres, you'll be okay. You can always reset your points, for a cost. The cost maxes out at a level that is pretty manageable at higher levels.

Mages are a lot harder to play than warriors. If you're going to do a mage, you might want a buddy.

This website is really useful if you are having a hard time finding something for a quest or for any general help.
http://www.gamebanshee.com/titanquest/

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Salt Block Party posted:

Anything for Titan Quest and expansion? I mean, it doesn't look too complex, but what are some good skills to take and masteries to avoid and such.

Popular combinations are Warfare/Dream Mastery for the ultimate melee machine. Or Hunting/Dream Mastery for potentially devastating bow attacks that can decimate entire groups at a time. Hunting/Rogue is also popular for spear wielding.

These are hands down the most powerful classes, but not the only playable ones. I recommend against Dream being your primary mastery, despite it being the most overpowered one. It works best as a backup and you can pretty much attach it to any other mastery and make a powerful class.

I recommend, once you get a certain distance into the game, to download and try out TQ Defiler. It's a very handy program. It's technically a cheat program, but respecs in Titan Quest are absurdly expensive and Defiler makes it easy. It also has a few other handy features, such as character cloning. Clone your character, respec him, experiment without fear of gimping yourself and wasting large amounts of time, and have fun.

edit: Also in the later difficulties, you'll get access to +skill equipment. Horde these, as they're the best modifiers in the game. The reason is that there's a skill cap. You can use +skill gear to get to that cap and then remove excess points and put them into other skills. You can max out a ridiculous number of skills this way.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 14, 2009

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

Counterpoint: I found the RPG usseful as a get out of Heavy free card.

Yeah but you can get the underbarrel grenade launcher which works just as well as it will knock a heavy down and you can finish it off with bullets.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I picked up Jagged Alliance 2 from gog.com last night and dicked around a little bit. I don't really have a full handle on the whole thing yet. What do I need to know from the beginning so I don't end up screwing myself later on?

Also, how should I build that first commando you get to customize?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Corridor posted:

I don't have a Wii. :( Resi4 will be the first game on my list when I do get one, but for now I'm stuck with the PS2 version. Don't even get to play the ingame-rendered Gamecube version cos my ex took it, even though he probably has the Wii version now and it's not fair

but thank you, I'll try the Blacktail for a bit.
What's the advantage of the Broken Butterfly? Isn't the Killer7 stronger?

Broken Butterfly, I believe, has an exclusive upgrade that makes it ridiculously powerful. And I think you can get one free during the course of the game.

The Wii version has a fairly-easily unlocked Hand Cannon, which can be upgraded to have infinite ammo and is basically one of those 50-cal handguns. Ammo also drops somewhat regularly for it if you don't want to be too easy on yourself.

I wouldn't bother with the PS2 version; the Wii version feels much better and controls much better, so if you don't mind waiting that's the way to go.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The Red9 is the best but you have to get a stock for it to be worthwhile. I'm not sure if I could have handled the lack of space my first time through the game, but now whenever I go through it I always use it (along with a TMP, Riot Gun, and Broken Butterfy). I don't remember a specific upgrade for the Butterfly that made it better than the Killer7, just when all is said and done it winds up being more powerful by the end. And you get one for free.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Nate RFB posted:

The Red9 is the best but you have to get a stock for it to be worthwhile. I'm not sure if I could have handled the lack of space my first time through the game, but now whenever I go through it I always use it (along with a TMP, Riot Gun, and Broken Butterfy). I don't remember a specific upgrade for the Butterfly that made it better than the Killer7, just when all is said and done it winds up being more powerful by the end. And you get one for free.

If you're playing on the Wii the stock isn't necessary. It improves aiming precision on the Gamecube and PS2 versions, but doesn't affect the Wii pointer on the Wii version.

Gamefly is sending me Infamous. Any advice? I've heard conflicting advice on whether to do good then evil on hard or vice versa. Also, any advice on how to collect all the trophies in two playthroughs would be helpful.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Bo-Pepper posted:

I picked up Jagged Alliance 2 from gog.com last night and dicked around a little bit. I don't really have a full handle on the whole thing yet. What do I need to know from the beginning so I don't end up screwing myself later on?

Also, how should I build that first commando you get to customize?

This thread will explain things much better than I will be able to in a single post. I suggest reading through that and installing the mod it talks about, even on your first game.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Jolo posted:

If you're playing on the Wii the stock isn't necessary. It improves aiming precision on the Gamecube and PS2 versions, but doesn't affect the Wii pointer on the Wii version.

Gamefly is sending me Infamous. Any advice? I've heard conflicting advice on whether to do good then evil on hard or vice versa. Also, any advice on how to collect all the trophies in two playthroughs would be helpful.

For trophies, just save before you make a choice, do one, reload, do the other. I recommend doing a good playthrough first, since it follows the golden rule of good/evil, where good has you fighting evil and following the storyline, while evil just lets you go "gently caress it" and beat up everything with gleeful abandon. A lot of the trophies are timesinks, ones that require you to pretty much hold down a button while you go look at something else online. It's not as fun of a sandbox as some other games, the storyline's fun, but after you've done that, you definitely get that empty feeling that all the rest of the stuff isn't that fun to do.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Any notable changes from the original in Chrono Trigger DS?

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
If it was covered already I apologize, lots of pages to read through.

What about Drakensang? My buddy bought it on my steam while he was using my PC for a few weeks and I'm thinking about checking it out.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

There's an improved script, some item names have been changed, and there are two new side-dungeons (but the one you get before the final boss sucks, as it's only a really long fetch quest). Other than that, it's basically the same game, with optional touch screen controls.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

There's also a new ending / boss battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVeXLEvXydQ
Some new gear from the bonus dungeons which I would argue that they break the game a bit more. The game also offers a gallery, music test, item list, and Intro/Outro animations found in the PSX version minus the lag. And there's a monster battle arena where you raise a mini-Nu into other monsters for gear that you can either get early on (like Slasher or some other crazy stuff) and tablets.

It's solid but the game could have still used a hard mode.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just picked up a few games today, so any tips on Devil Summoner 2, Deus EX, Evil Genius, and Red Faction Guerrilla,

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Red Faction Guerrilla is surprisingly hard if you go in run and gunning all the time. Especially since the load times are really long and you have to backtrack to where you were (faction HQs are a long-rear end away from side-quest locations half the time).

I honestly played the game on low difficulty because the fun was just blowing stuff up to me. On low difficulty, you get more of that and less cheap death.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Jolo posted:

Is this for all stocks? I got the Wii version since I couldn't stand how much time I was spending on aiming (and missing) on the PS2.

Use both Magnums and be glad to have that much ammo at once. Just use the strongest Magnum at the time, for those Garrador. I almost never find the stuff and I hope it isn't so rare on the Wii.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is this for all stocks? I got the Wii version since I couldn't stand how much time I was spending on aiming (and missing) on the PS2.

Use both Magnums and be glad to have that much ammo at once. Just use the strongest Magnum at the time, for those Garrador. I almost never find the stuff and I hope it isn't so rare on the Wii.

From my experience the stocks on all the guns just make the pointer a bit shaky on the screen instead of completely steady. The aim looks shaky, but you're still able to aim perfectly. Personally, I feel that the slightly shaky reticule is worth the extra inventory space.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

adamarama posted:

I just started SMT: Devil Survivor on the DS and am finding it very tough, so any advice would be appreciated. I've just gotten the ability to fuse demons. Should I be grinding free battles for money, so I can buy new demons whenever time progresses?

SMT: Devil Survivior

-The game is easier than most of the SMT titles mostly because all monsters are already scanned aside boss Hp/Mana. This also includes weaknesses, and what attacks they are capable of. The game; however, is still a pain in the rear end.

-Money becomes easier to come by so try to purchase demons at the auction with plenty of stars. The cap is 99,999 and at endgame most demons wont run more than ~17,000. If you're low on cash just keep doing the free battles. Don't stress saving money, even early on. Try to buy at least one of each type of demon so you can try different fuse combinations.

-Buying demons isn't as important than fusing. Fusing is required to get the most out of the game. If you fuse demons that you level they will gain slight stat bonuses and you can transfer any skills that were grayed out to your new demon. You can also "reset" the bonuses by canceling the fuse and trying again until you find stats that better fit them.

-The game has many Unique Demons, you can only gain them by fusing. If the game says "Combination Invalid" this only means you haven't unlocked the criteria required to own the demon. You can have as many Unique Demons as the game allows (4 pages worth) but you can only have one of each at a time.

-Grind on Normal Battles then Hard Battles until your party's experience rate begins to drop. The game has a soft cap on experience until you unlock New Game+. When the experience begins to even out then you can attempt the boss battles.

-For your first playthrough I highly recommend you reach around 10 Strength, 17 Agility, and 22 Magic. The stat cap is at 40 and you should aim to max out Magic especially for the last few boss battles. Vitality isn't too important unless you do a Defensive build

-If you want a Str build you will need Pierce (15 Str) and until then you might run into some issues with a few demons and bosses. Later you can pick up Dual Shadow (chance to double attack, 16 Agi), Attack All (16 Str, 17 Agi), Ares Aid (50% chance to crit, 14 Str), Drain Hit (Recover 25% damage, 14 Str/13 Agi), or Life Lift (30% Hp Regen, 15 Vi/14 Agi). As for Command Skills stick with 1 Mana Support ability like Taunt, 1 Attack ability that hits a single targe, and 1 Attack ability that hits multiple targets.

-Vitality Builds are for masochists and you should never do one unless you want Anti-All (16 Ma/15 Vi). It's still not worth it by the time you get it.

-HP/MP Rise/Surge stack.

-Once you hit around level 21 you should be able to unlock Tyrant Jack Frost. He has an ability called Tyranny -- combine this with your primary casters and you'll regenerate mana early on. Later, you'll want to have monsters with Sacrifice and much later you'll want the +10% Mana Regen (Mana Aid, 15 Ma/14 Agi) that you can Skill Crack and Drain which is fantastic (Drain is non-elemental and is calculated by Magic).

-You can Skill Crack any skill regardless if you can use it or not. Towards the end of the game you will only have a few small windows for certain boss-only skills, so keep this in mind when you start seeing things like Barrier, Wall, Anti-All, Hp/Mp Regen (Victory Cry), Magic Yin/Yang, etc . . .

-The game has a poo poo ton of multiple endings. Try to follow events that begin to branch without starting too many new ones. Some events will always happen at the same time so it's impossible to save everyone or impress everyone. Yuzu's ending results in a gimped New Games +, the player doesn't get the added move bonus they would otherwise get.

-Some unique demons require multiply playthroughs to unlock like Lucifer if I recall which requires fusing two unique demons.

-Last boss spoilers: The last boss is the only boss where magic is iffy but by then you should have Pray and Megido (which hits him for ~300), and hopefully a heavy melee hitter (should hit him ~400) and someone with Recarm because you will loving need it. Have someone assist your Main Character with full group heals & Recarms ready and only have your main character attack. The last boss likes to rotate between weaknesses (I've only seen Ice/Wind/Melee) and will smack everyone on the field for 60-300 damage, so take that as you will.

-Yuzu is horrible.

Edit:

-End Game Stuff: New Game + allows you to keep all your demons, your money, auction levels, skills you cracked, removes experience caps so you level freaking fast, adds +1 to your permanent movement, changes the splash screen to reflect which ending you picked, and it shows influence paths which I'm still testing.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Aug 15, 2009

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

I'm about really far along in Planescape: Torment and the game has just decided to take a gigantic poo poo on me. I'm fine with a little bit of combat now and then, even though the game is about interacting with all sorts of different characters. Currently, I'm banging my head against the wall dying repeatedly for no apparent reason.

I'm currently in the Curst Prison and I've probably died about 30 times. I keep making progress little by little, but it doesn't seem like it's going to end anytime soon. I got the sword to free Trias, but then a group of guards killed my entire party, so now noone except me has any equipment. I really don't feel like dying another 20 or so times just to get their equipment back. Am I going to have to fight like this many more times in the game? This is pretty much ruining the game for me at this point.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Jolo posted:

I'm about really far along in Planescape: Torment and the game has just decided to take a gigantic poo poo on me. I'm fine with a little bit of combat now and then, even though the game is about interacting with all sorts of different characters. Currently, I'm banging my head against the wall dying repeatedly for no apparent reason.

I'm currently in the Curst Prison and I've probably died about 30 times. I keep making progress little by little, but it doesn't seem like it's going to end anytime soon. I got the sword to free Trias, but then a group of guards killed my entire party, so now noone except me has any equipment. I really don't feel like dying another 20 or so times just to get their equipment back. Am I going to have to fight like this many more times in the game? This is pretty much ruining the game for me at this point.
I don't think I can help you much, but just so you know, that place is a huge loving oval office and I had to save/reload pretty much every goddamn battle so my characters wouldn't end up dead in inconvenient places. I think it's where I quit the first time. Curst isn't you having hosed up your build, it's the game, and I don't think there is any easy way around it. As awesome as the writers were, they weren't so good at programming and game balancing. It's the reason why I tell people there's no shame in cheating a little here and there (although many PST hardcore fans will disagree). :shobon:

Maybe Annah can sneak past and grab the equipment and/or pickpocket poo poo? I remember in some areas I just ran/sneaked through the swarms to the exit zone, but I also remember that Curst has a lot of locked doors and armed dudes carrying keys.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Anything I should know about Super Mario Galaxy? I never played a Mario game where you replay the same stages with a different gimmick.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Super Mario Galaxy is a very relaxed game. Don't worry too much. If you're stumped on a star, just pick a different world to explore. Usually, by the time you've collected 1-2 stars from every world in a planetarium, you'll have enough to unlock the Bowser level and then move to the next planetarium.

Lives mean very little, so don't be afraid to explore a bit (and possibly die.)

Other than that, just be aware that you won't be able to get all 120 stars until you've beaten the game at least once, so don't worry about getting every star at first.

The only other thing I can think of is that having a second player on Wiimote duty can be really helpful in some places. With the A button, they can hold most enemies in place (including cannonballs!), and even freeze some moving or disappearing platforms.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Corridor posted:

I don't think I can help you much, but just so you know, that place is a huge loving oval office and I had to save/reload pretty much every goddamn battle so my characters wouldn't end up dead in inconvenient places. I think it's where I quit the first time. Curst isn't you having hosed up your build, it's the game, and I don't think there is any easy way around it. As awesome as the writers were, they weren't so good at programming and game balancing. It's the reason why I tell people there's no shame in cheating a little here and there (although many PST hardcore fans will disagree). :shobon:

Maybe Annah can sneak past and grab the equipment and/or pickpocket poo poo? I remember in some areas I just ran/sneaked through the swarms to the exit zone, but I also remember that Curst has a lot of locked doors and armed dudes carrying keys.

Thanks for the response. I was thinking I had hosed myself over because I missed a few areas where I could level up a bit more prior to coming to Curst. Most of the time in this game it's been 5 or 6 guys on my side versus 2-3 bad guys, this area just turned that on its head though. Now there's 7 or 8 of them and all of their hits seem to get through :(. I'll push on though. I am immortal after all.

When I met up with Trias, I thought he sounded just like the actor who plays Jane's dad on Breaking Bad. Imdb confirms, it's the same dude. Also, Tony Jay! :black101:

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Jolo posted:

Am I going to have to fight like this many more times in the game? This is pretty much ruining the game for me at this point.

No, the Curst prison is a real bitch. A good trick, due to PST's game mechanics, is to always leave one character at the exit of any map. I usually go with Annah, since she can stealth herself. That way, when the rest of your party completes their objectives on that map (ie. retrieving the sword) they don't have to trek all the way back to the exit--as long as one person walks through the whole party advances to the next area. It's a little cheesy, but there are a lot of fights in the game that require cheesiness.

That being said, I might consider reloading and approaching the prison with a bit more caution. It's one of the easiest places in the game to rush into a seriously difficult fight. Just try to tackle the guards one by one, then once you've retrieved the sword make sure someone's stationed at the exit so you don't have to fight your way back.

There will be two more difficult fights left in the game, if memory serves, and the key to both is to just run away. Don't engage the enemy, don't do anything except run to the exit. In the first you're basically surrounded by high-level abishai which will tear through your party like tissue paper if you try to fight them, and in the second you'll be by yourself against a shitload of greater shadows which are pretty much impossible to kill. So just get the hell out ASAP. Other than that, though, it's mostly a lot of talky-talky before the end of the game.

Phenotype posted:

Lives mean very little, so don't be afraid to explore a bit (and possibly die.)

In the rare chance that you do start running low on lives, there are always 3-4 hidden around the planetarium map, and aren't very hard to find.

Also, you will learn to hate purple coin levels.

Astfgl fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 15, 2009

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Awesome. Thanks.

After getting in some serious fights in the prison I was trying to run for the goal and that was the worst thing I could've done. I ended up with a bunch of groups of guys that had to be killed through persistence. I'm glad to hear that the rest of the game isn't going to be a dungeon crawl.

I really like the story in this game, but dislike the gameplay in general. It's one of the few games where I feel like the less you actually "play" or in this game, fight, the better. Fortunately the vast majority of the game is spent in conversation, otherwise I would've stopped playing long ago.

Virtual Surreality
Aug 24, 2005

by Peatpot
That's a perfect summary of PS:T. Great story, lovely gameplay. It's hard to understand how they hosed up so drastically in that regard. Imagine if it actually had good combat? What if someone did an overhaul mod like Throne of Bhaal's Ascension mod? :fap:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We really need a wiki to house all the tips from this thread. I bet the games I mentioned earlier in this page have tips, but since this thread is so massive, it would take forever to find.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

What can you guys tell me about Team Fortress Classic? I know TF2 pretty well, but just picked up TFC.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

We really need a wiki to house all the tips from this thread. I bet the games I mentioned earlier in this page have tips, but since this thread is so massive, it would take forever to find.

I wish we still had the in-thread search function :sigh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

Anything I should know about Super Mario Galaxy? I never played a Mario game where you replay the same stages with a different gimmick.

Don't bother going out of your way for extra lives as the game doesn't save them at all. So you get a bunch, quit and come back you'll just have 5. I'm not exactly sure why they even put the lives system in the game in the first place as if you lose them all nothing happens.

Sibtiger
May 25, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

After you beat the Ocean Palace, there is a new dungeon that opens up called the Lost Sanctum. It's a pretty awful sidequest to be honest- the best rewards you get from it are right at the beginning and right at the end. So if you want to do it, do it all the way through and as soon as you can so you can enjoy the benefits of climbing that stupid mountain over and over. The plus side is that you'll never have to do it again on new game + runs because there is very little value to gain from doing so.

The items of note are:
-Dragon Tear, which acts as a Hero Medal for anyone. I think it's either the first or second reward you get. Becomes very useful later.
-Valor Crest, which is an accessory for Ayla that gives her a 50% counterattack rate and increased crits. Turns her into even MORE of a killing machine.
-Champion's Badge, which is basically the Hero Medal combined with a Silver Stud, for Frog only. Versatile, at least.

There are some other decent armors and a good weapon for Magus but those are the ones I ended up using the most.

After you beat the game for the first time, you can keep playing (as well as starting a new game +) and the Dimensional Vortex opens up in a bunch of places/times. This is actually a pretty good addition, and it unlocks new ultimate weapons for everyone but Frog and Ayla. Some of them are pretty interesting (Marle's always does 777 damage, for example, which ups her usefulness in fights tremendously) while some, like Crono's, are pretty much just upgrade versions of their previous ultimate (in Crono's case, it's just like the Rainbow except stronger and with a 90% crit rate.) The one that is most notable is Robo's, which has 0 attack power, but does 9999 on a critical. Combining this with that Dragon Tear from earlier makes even the new final boss, which is unlocked after beating all the Dimensional Vortexes, a total cakewalk.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same with an improved translation. The Dimensional Vortex part also helps bridge the gap between CT and CC.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

What can you guys tell me about Team Fortress Classic? I know TF2 pretty well, but just picked up TFC.

I played this forever ago pre-Steam and the last time I tried it the game had Engineers with teleporters, Soldiers that can zipline and some other weird bullshit. I can only give tips to the game pre-Steam.

-Medics and Scouts can "Conc" Jump with their alt grenades. Essentially you prep your concussion grenade and launch yourself using the grenade's trajectory. Once you get good at you can easily cross 2-fort in a single leap making capping laughably quick. If you plan on playing either one of these it will be a good idea to try some of the Conc jumping maps and develop some double conc skills (triple is a bit overkill).

-Medics can use their Medpacks to spread disease among the other team. The best places to abuse this are near respawn points as most newbies will try to run back in or camp on healthpacks until someone cures them; if you're good you can also tag snipers which can piss them off a bit.

-Try a Heavy with a shotgun, if you can master it they can be a pain in the rear end to deal with.

-Soldier's bunnyhops aren't nearly as good as they are in TF2.

-Engineers that put turrets above doors or anywhere on top of your building can easily be destroyed from within. Have a soldier shot where the turret is sitting from below and the splash damage should deal with it. Also, take this to your advantage when you're an Engineer.

-Spies will appear using only default weapons.

-Pyros aren't that great other than pissing off Snipers or getting in people's way.

-Don't be afraid to use your grenades including Demolition-man time bombs. As you keep playing you'll find the best places to spam these.

There's a ton more tips but if you've played TF2 than you should be alright. As for that class balancing they added -- I gave up there.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Jolo posted:

You should be dropping as many area effect spells as you can and then retreating while they take effect. You'll still have to inch along and go back to rest and reload your spells, but you can take out all the guards that way.

John Stalvern
Apr 16, 2008

by Fistgrrl
The Last Remnant (PC):

- Be a bit stingy with your money early on until you can buy Baulson. You need his beefy HP score to deal with the first real boss.
- Enemy stats increase as your battle rank does, but at a slower rate than your own stats, so don't be too worried about your BR going too high. Despite what a lot of 360 version veterans will tell you, grinding works in the PC version.
- Characters ask for components to upgrade their weapons. If they ask for one, and you buy the component, and it doesn't show up in their inventory immediately, don't worry. They'll take the component soon enough.
- As soon as one of your characters learns spark V, make him the leader of his own union and put at least 2 other spellcasters in it. This union will be able to use the combination spell Blackout, which puts a real hurting on bosses and kills anything else.
- Traps, Explosives, Lotions, and Evocations all blow. Don't let your characters learn them, and don't level them up for characters that already have them. The first few hexes are terrible but the ultimate ones are great, so only let your characters learn them if you're willing to use them a lot and level them to the end. The rest of the skillsets are good and you should let your guys take them. (Note: Evocations are different from invocations, which are good. Evocations start with mystic missile, invocations with spark.)

Looking for some for Fall from Heaven 2

John Stalvern fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 16, 2009

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What specific things were added for Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii) over the PS2 one? I might pick it up again since it is my favorite sandbox game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I wish we still had the in-thread search function :sigh:

If you dont mind spending a minute or two, you can just go from page to page, ctrl+f'in the title of the game you are curious about. I've done it more than once.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Scalding Coffee posted:

What specific things were added for Bully: Scholarship Edition (Wii) over the PS2 one? I might pick it up again since it is my favorite sandbox game.

New classes that use the Wiimote for varying things, most of which only reward T-shirts, except geography, which puts all the collectibles you haven't gotten yet on your map. A few extra missions. Better graphics. If you thought Bully was an okay game, you might want to rent it. But I'm in the same boat, it's one of my very favorite freeroaming games, I already owned it on the PS2, and I bought Scholarship for the 360 the day it came out, and I was happy as a clam. It's worth it if you liked the original at all.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

I think this is the best Mario game where you replay stages with a different gimmick because so often, it's pretty much a new stage. Different stars lead to different areas of a galaxy which means different gameplay styles and new stuff to see.

My best piece of advice for this game is to not try to get everything. I played until around 70 stars and had a blast. It was the perfect amount of time and the perfect amount of gameplay. I have plan to go back for the other 50 stars any time soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apekillape
Jan 23, 2009

by Peatpot

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Ask again in a few hours.