Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Becktastic posted:

http://sierravista.craigslist.org/mcy/1295785702.html

What sick person would do this to a Triumph?

Are you kidding? Look on eBay. Leprechauns aside, people love to make old Triumphs into choppers. It's a drat shame, too, because those old Tigers and Trophys are beautiful bikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Becktastic posted:

A sick person who knows cool when they see it!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Becktastic posted:

the irish, obviously

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You could hardly give those things away at the time, that is why they got chopped up. How are people going to know you are cool if you arn't driving a chopper with ape hangers anyway?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

blugu64 posted:

That's Rosenberg, TX right? These are all over Houston at the football games and Jimmy Buffett concerts. At least this one has a motor that might be strong enough to propel the 300lb people that typically have these.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I don't know if you guys are all keenly aware of this these days, but historically there's been a teeny bit of tension between the Irish and the English. So, painting Irish motifs all over an English bike might be seen by some as a bit, uh, cheeky.

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
He is very firm on his price. Unless you are "the right person", in which case he loses any firmness and he may then cut you a deal.

Click here for the full 1263x1401 image.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
An SRT-4 clone. I just CAN NOT tell the difference between a real SRT-4 and this one!

Click here for the full 1253x788 image.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
1972 austin mini

blah blah

keywords: cooper, bmc, rhd, omg, roll-cage, (god, this is so cool that I can hardly stand it) go-cart, neeto, crazy fat guy in a little car.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1312186390.html

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

oxbrain posted:

1972 austin mini

blah blah

keywords: cooper, bmc, rhd, omg, roll-cage, (god, this is so cool that I can hardly stand it) go-cart, neeto, crazy fat guy in a little car.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1312186390.html

And this is Festiva-related how?

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

vs Dinosaurs posted:

He is very firm on his price. Unless you are "the right person", in which case he loses any firmness and he may then cut you a deal.

Click here for the full 1263x1401 image.

Well, he is in the Army, so you know it's been well taken care of.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Mazda-Car-for-sale-W0QQAdIdZ147973817

At first I noticed this because of the fantastic description (CAR FOR SALE) and then the all sideways pics. Then, I read it.

Am I an awful rear end in a top hat of a person to have laughed at this thinking the MS is why the photos are all sideways?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

I'll shut you up with my cock, you son of a bitch!
How about this beauty?

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1285289629.html

Seriously, collectors, if you don't want a pre-release car (2 years before the first batch shipped to the US), you're CRAZY!

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Moruitelda posted:

How about this beauty?

http://bn.craigslist.org/cto/1285289629.html

Seriously, collectors, if you don't want a pre-release car (2 years before the first batch shipped to the US), you're CRAZY!

Yikes, I keep trying to think what year that SHOULD be. Maybe he meant 98, but there was no model year '98, was there? Has to be '94 to '97 for an NA with the 1.8l.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
Hey, that Miata is local to me. I can do a PPI if anyones interested in that concept model ;)

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

dreesemonkey posted:

Yikes, I keep trying to think what year that SHOULD be. Maybe he meant 98, but there was no model year '98, was there? Has to be '94 to '97 for an NA with the 1.8l.

That's exactly what I did. I have no idea what he meant, but it is not any kind of obvious mistake.

BabyJesus, how local? I'm in Champaign, that's why I found it in the first place. :D

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
I live in Bloomington, yeah. Went to school at ISU- moved away for a few years, I was sucked back in and work at the 'Farm now.

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

BabyJesus posted:

I live in Bloomington, yeah. Went to school at ISU- moved away for a few years, I was sucked back in and work at the 'Farm now.

Do any autocross in the area? I'm probably going to start driving with CCSCC at Rantoul the weekend after next.

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
No, I've always been kind of interested in it- but never gotten around to actually going to do it. I'm out of town that weekend. Definitely PM me and let me know how it goes. I would be interested in doing an event later on this year.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Goddamnit, I came in here to post that Miata. Moruitelda, what time does that autocross event start? I'm heading to Bloomington for the Reverend Horton Heat show that Friday night, but I'll be back to Champaign that night. If you're going, let me know and I'll go with you. Have been meaning to get out and see some autocross, haven't got around to it yet.

Telven
Mar 4, 2001

IL2 Fanboy

Devyl posted:

An SRT-4 clone. I just CAN NOT tell the difference between a real SRT-4 and this one!

Click here for the full 1253x788 image.

Is it just me, or does that shifter look like...a dick?

moloo
Oct 29, 2004

Douche Bag Extraordinaire
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/1309763201.html

"Hello, i have a 2001 hyundai sonata i need to sell. I am buying a 96 Camaro and am short 2,000 otherwise i would not be selling this car for so CHEAP! I need a car with a little more muscle. The sonata has 75k miles on it and The interior is IN PERFECT BRAND NEW CONDITION. THE CAR DOES NOT RUN
DOES NOT RUN
DOES NOT RUN
I think a piston is cracked in motor but u can find the 2.4L at a salvage yard for CHEAP! less then 500$
IT HAS SUN ROOF AND COLD AC!!!!!!!
has new timing belts to come with car
ONCE AGAIN I NEED THIS GONE, i need to buy the camaro in the next week or so because i am moving and need to get this done before i go. THIS IS CHEAP 2000 O.B.O "

FYI buddy, RUNNING examples of your car blue book for under $3k.

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

Click here for the full 455x670 image.

I desperately wish for a second I could justify buying this. I don't know how well a 240Z would hold up to :canada: winters though :(

Moruitelda
Aug 7, 2005

Pvt. Public posted:

Goddamnit, I came in here to post that Miata. Moruitelda, what time does that autocross event start? I'm heading to Bloomington for the Reverend Horton Heat show that Friday night, but I'll be back to Champaign that night. If you're going, let me know and I'll go with you. Have been meaning to get out and see some autocross, haven't got around to it yet.

I don't know for sure, but probably between 8 and 9 for registration. The details are at ccsportscarclub.org. I'll look into it further if my car is fixed by then (overheating due to malfunctioning radiator fan, shop said the unit itself is fine and is forwarding me to another shop to look for faulty relays and poo poo). Luckily, I've caught the overheating before it got too bad, and compression tests are still within spec. :sigh:

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
a 240z will hold up surprisingly well in the winter. My neighbor drives his all year.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Moruitelda posted:

I don't know for sure, but probably between 8 and 9 for registration. The details are at ccsportscarclub.org. I'll look into it further if my car is fixed by then (overheating due to malfunctioning radiator fan, shop said the unit itself is fine and is forwarding me to another shop to look for faulty relays and poo poo). Luckily, I've caught the overheating before it got too bad, and compression tests are still within spec. :sigh:

Sounds good. If you decide to go, shoot me a PM.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

sbaldrick posted:

a 240z will hold up surprisingly well in the winter. My neighbor drives his all year.

Hahaha...I'm not sure that's what "hold up" means.

Yeah, it'll hold up for a couple of winters, then there won't be enough steel left to hold up anything.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
No photos for reasons that will be made obvious

quote:

******* 2002 NINJA ******** - $1500 (arlington)
Date: 2009-08-13, 10:08AM CDT
Reply to: sale-hgd7m-1320965575@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

2002-2003 Kawasaki Ninja

Title only, I am selling this title to help my dad with his medical bills. He has prostate cancer and he needs my help. I was going to build a stunt bike. There is no frame, no mototrcycle that comes with the title. Title only. Clear/Clean texas title, I paid $1,800 for this title 4 months ago. You can use this to build your very own stunt bike or drage bike. If you have a frame and need good numbers to register your bike and get it on the road, this is exatcly what you need to do that.

NO TRADES/CASH ONLY/SOLD AS-IS

817-907-8806

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

What the gently caress kind of moron pays $1800 for a title? :psyduck:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I want to sell him the title to a nonexistent bridge.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Boat posted:

What the gently caress kind of moron pays $1800 for a title? :psyduck:

But it can be yours for only $1500. How can you pass it up?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

blugu64 posted:

That's legal? Sounds like a bit of a gray area.

edit

oxbrain posted:

It's not a gray area, it's illegal.
Ok good, I've heard of people doing this before but never seen it so blatant.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 15, 2009

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

Sir Tonk posted:

That's legal? Sounds like a bit of a gray area.

It's not a gray area, it's illegal.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
poo poo, I paid $1800 and got a bike and a title. Savvy shopper here. :smug:

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?
"It is a wonderful luxurious SUV that we are sad to have to get rid of."

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/1326582403.html

A lease takeover deal on a luxury SUV? How bad can this be?

Let's see...

:haw:

High payment? Check! $741 a month.

Long term still remaining? Check! 18 months.

Mileage limit almost reached? Check! 1,274 miles left on the lease. Past that and it's .20 cents a mile.

Yeah.. I bet they'll be really sad to rid of this wonderful lease.

:downs:

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Aug 17, 2009

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

BigKOfJustice posted:

Yeah.. I bet they'll be really sad to rid of this wonderful lease.

:downs:

The leasebusters.com website is full to the brim of lovely leases just like that, but you get the added bonus of seeing how ridiculous the buyout payment is (and downpayment if any).

I periodically skim it if I need a chuckle and pat myself on the back for not being too much of an idiot.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas

Moruitelda posted:

Ahhh, CC sports car club. I went to Rantoul once a couple of years ago, had a good time. I also ran the Camaro at Parkland a few years ago and got kicked off the course for doing donuts. The safety steward(and half the guys there) are complete assholes if you don't take it super-super-seriously, though I did deserve to get kicked off for that one. If you happened to make it out there this year, I was the guy sliding sideways around the course in the silver E55.

Lived there for 18 years in East Urbana. If you ever see a green 1995 Mustang GT with rectangular Camaro exhaust tips(don't ask), that's my dad. Where in CU do you live?

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Showing up at a posh sports car club in a camaro and getting kicked out for doing burnouts and doughnuts is a story I would tell every day for the rest of my life.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas

The Third Man posted:

Showing up at a posh sports car club in a camaro and getting kicked out for doing burnouts and doughnuts is a story I would tell every day for the rest of my life.

Haha, "posh" is the last word I'd use to describe this club. It's more like a group of people with every car imaginable(Miatas to Porsches, to Mustangs, to complete junk) getting together and running the course. Some people take it way too seriously though. What I did? I spun out on a turn, and rather than stop and back up I decided to spin it the rest of the way around and continue on my way, so I did 1 donut. I have it on video if you'd like to see my heinous crime. This was also during "fun runs" at the end, and I was definitely having fun. Now I've learned that as long as the car doesn't go completely around under power I'm not going to get flagged, so I do a bit of power-on oversteer in my 4500 pound car and have a blast! The crowd loves it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Yeah, I'm gonna hafta go ahead and ask you to go ahead and upload that to YouTube.