Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

BigKOfJustice posted:

"It is a wonderful luxurious SUV that we are sad to have to get rid of."

It's not even four-wheel-drive either, according to the description (?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gain 20 Pounds
Nov 11, 2007

I know Caddy Allantes are fairly rare, but $8500 rare? For an '89?

-don't forget to call Dave Thomas at bladboysmusclecars.com, I'm sure he'll throw in a jr bacon or double stack! :v:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Gain 20 Pounds posted:

-don't forget to call Dave Thomas at bladboysmusclecars.com, I'm sure he'll throw in a jr bacon or double stack! :v:

How can you say no to "Ninan Farini" styling?..

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas
For a car that looks to be in excellent condition that seems like a fair price considering the Allante's were ~$80,000(or so I heard) 20 years ago. Someone out there has a hard-on for one I'm sure.

Sorry guys, no autocross video, it must be at my parents house. All I could find were my drag-racing videos of the Z/28 and the E55.

Edit: Base price in 1989 was $57,183 for a 200 hp 4.5l V8.

Meathole fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 18, 2009

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Gain 20 Pounds posted:

Yeah, that isn't entirely out of the realm.

There is an absolutely mint 93 up here (last and only year with the Northstar) for almost $15K.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
I was browsing E46 M3's the other day and came across this:

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/1321352515.html

Poor fella, I hopes he selling his ryde. It looking like he had putted alotta werk inna it.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-FORD-CORTINA-VERY-RARE-W0QQAdIdZ149209373

Click here for the full 939x531 image.

Ffffffuuuuuuuuck

I wonder if my bank would be interested in funding a Lotus Cortina project...

OmniCorp
Oct 30, 2004

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1330415150.html

edit: despite the awesome spelling/email I'm amazed she was able to list price/mileage/year inches.

OmniCorp fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 19, 2009

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

I always appreciate a seller's willingness to nauseate.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

I must say I've never seen the nauseate == negotiate error before. :raise:

Also I'm cracking up at the thought of some dude going to town on the bumper with a pickaxe.

Also also, her email addy is very very fitting.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Winner of the worst attempt at being artsy award:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/1320178373.html

here's the best picture:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Baby Hitler posted:

Winner of the worst attempt at being artsy award:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/1320178373.html

here's the best picture:

oh nice and here is the listing now

SCREENSHOTS PEOPLE

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

OmniCorp posted:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/1330415150.html

edit: despite the awesome spelling/email I'm amazed she was able to list price/mileage/year inches.
I'd love to know the thought process that leads to you taking car photos at night.

It does sure have a shiny license plate though!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

smackfu posted:

I'd love to know the thought process that leads to you taking car photos at night.

It does sure have a shiny license plate though!

That and grade 3 grammar, jesus christ.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Boat posted:

I must say I've never seen the nauseate == negotiate error before. :raise:

It's not an error, paying any amount of money for a J-body makes one nauseous.

Why in the world do Sunfire/Cavalier convertibles even exist?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Because some people were sitting around GM HQ one day and said, "Hey, we have this 20 year old platform thats pretty awful, and flexes like overcooked spagetti. What can we do to make it worse?"

Of course, someone suggested to cut the roof off.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

DropShadow posted:

oh nice and here is the listing now

SCREENSHOTS PEOPLE

I couldn't screeenshot a page with 120 640x480 pictures on it and make it work in the slightest. So I picked the worst offender picture, the text wasn't anything special.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'm a humor snob, so I don't often fall for craigslist "haha I'm so whacky" attempts. Yea yea, I know -> :smug: <- That's how I sit readying craigslist all day.

I found this one and I think it's pretty mediocre, but someone may enjoy it.

I gotta sell my '83 Camaro. I got it when I was dating my highschool sweetheart. She was killed in a freak hog-racing accident, but the car wasn't involved and I was acquitted.

This car is a babe magnet. My first, second, and fourth kids were conceived in this car, and two of my grankids.

This thing will do upwards of 80, and will top out at 92 if you're moving downhill, even without the gas cap. FAST!

Me and my buddy Randy did a lot of work to it. We put in a shag carpet dashboard and an 8-ball shift knob. Then we took off the mufflers. This baby will scream. Also put in a new tape player last christmas.

The passengers seat is pretty clean, most of the stains come out pretty easy, and the duct tape on the driver's seat is in near-perfect condition. I had a wing on it, but that got ripped off a couple summers ago when I tried tying a roadkill deer to the back and lost it a couple times on the way to the hospital. The drat wife was in labor and she didn't know how to tie a bowline knot. You want something done, you gotta do it yourself. We made a pretty sweet wing out of cardboard, and I'll throw that in too. We tried putting a waterbed and disco ball in the backseat, but that project never got done because the bank wouldn't approve my loan. Still have the disco ball, and I'll include that to sweeten the deal.

I had to take the tires off because we needed to move our trailer out of the park. Some bullshit excuse from the owner over not bein able to keep goats in my driveway, and I sold the original tires so's I could put neon lights and a stereo on my tractor.

If you pay in cash, I'll include my collection of Warrant and Whitesnake tapes and a signed Billy Ray Cyrus collectible plate.

I also have some nudes of my oldest daughter and wife/second cousin, but that'll cost you extra.

edit: holy run-on. Don't use code next time.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I was interested in a vehicle on CL so I asked the guy to send me some pictures since there weren't any in the add......And he sent me pics of his wife's chest in a low cut shirt. I replied saying I think you sent the wrong pics, then he responded:

quote:

i think your right, hope u enjoyed them, lol, i think these might work...

:lol:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

so ... where are the pics?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Heh, thought my wife deleted them but it was still in the trash folder haha

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/24eef672755181dad5a5093bc5770e4eb0fbdb4b/May15120[1].JPG[/img]

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/a303cae818ea62ef24abe6a3621fbbe3765b5f2e/May15121[1].JPG[/img]

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/a80bc2edb85eb25d90b02752eddd2695f930fd47/May15122[1].JPG[/img]

[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/53ca217b22031723aaa2c7ff364d61f2ff49230b/May15126[1].JPG[/img]

:wtf:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
"As you can see, no aftermarket airbags..."

The Roadwarrior
Aug 23, 2003

I spend too much time thinking about the Montreal Canadiens.

slidebite posted:

The leasebusters.com website is full to the brim of lovely leases just like that, but you get the added bonus of seeing how ridiculous the buyout payment is (and downpayment if any).

I periodically skim it if I need a chuckle and pat myself on the back for not being too much of an idiot.

2006 Hyundai Elantra VE on leasebusters.ca

-$1000 Cash Incentive
$1800 Km Overage
$2200 Km Overage for 14 Months on the lease (Estimated)
$5576 14 Lease payments at 398.30
_____
$8576

2006 Hyundai Elantra VE on autotrader.ca
-A/C and Alloy Wheels
-41,000kms
_____
$8999

So For another ~$1500 (difference+taxes) you could have A/C, Alloys, 77,000 less kilometers and own the car. (Buyout on leasebusters $7654.84)

fatman1683
Jan 8, 2004
Can anyone give me a hypothetical situation in which it would make better financial sense to lease a vehicle than to buy it?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

fatman1683 posted:

Can anyone give me a hypothetical situation in which it would make better financial sense to lease a vehicle than to buy it?

A giant asteroid is heading straight for earth.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

fatman1683 posted:

You're rich enough to not give half a crap about the payment, don't want to deal with maintenance, and want a shiny new car every two years.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

DropShadow posted:

A giant asteroid is heading straight for earth.
Brilliant, just brilliant.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

fatman1683 posted:

Can anyone give me a hypothetical situation in which it would make better financial sense to buy a vehicle than to lease it (assuming interest rates are the same or similar)? I've never found such a situation. The reason why GM and Chrysler had to stop leasing wasn't because it was a good deal for them.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

fatman1683 posted:

You own a company, have hit your tax limit capex for depreciation for the year, and still want to be able to fully write the vehicle off.

Or....you credit is good enough to get the lease and you can't afforrd the down/payments to buy it outright (which is why most people lease)

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

944 posted:

You own a company, have hit your tax limit capex for depreciation for the year, and still want to be able to fully write the vehicle off.

Or....you credit is good enough to get the lease and you can't afforrd the down/payments to buy it outright (which is why most people lease)

You typically still have to put money down on leases to get the really low payments you see advertised.

About the only situation is if you really can't afford to buy, and you don't give a poo poo that you're just tossing money out the window. It doesn't make sense, but you don't give a poo poo.

Leases almost never make sense from a business standpoint either, except when some accountants somewhere decide that actually owning assets is bad. Creative accounting aside, it still doesn't make any fiscal sense from a how-much-you-pay-overall standpoint.

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Doctor Zero posted:

You typically still have to put money down on leases to get the really low payments you see advertised.

Advertising exists so that the customer will walk into the shop. It bears no relation to what the customer can be pressured/cajoled into actually buying.

Leasing can sometimes make sense from a business perspective because (in Canada) a company can recoup sales tax only on the portion of a purchased vehicle that is under $30K (and you don't get much car these days for under 30K, not in Canada anyway). When a company leases a car the sales tax assessed is only on the amount of the payment and not on the value of the whole vehicle. Given that sales tax varies across the country from 5 to 12.8%, you can see how that can make some sense. It can also be a way for a company to get a vehicle while maintaining a reasonably good balance sheet.

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
I was driving by this place on the way home when I noticed these on the side of the road.

http://www.westcoasthotrods.com/cars/detail.php?carslist_id=122

http://www.westcoasthotrods.com/cars/detail.php?carslist_id=121

Me and my dad pulled over to take a look, he said he thought he saw the back of a Cosmo at this place over a year ago and it looks like the guy had rolled the cars out to the front for whatever reason. When we got close I realized they had been sitting for some time, the white one had flat tires and was covered in tree sap, the blue one's interior had been completely destroyed from the sun and was now ridiculously cracked, its paint had began fading severely all over the hood, and it was starting to rust on the roof and trunk lid some how. Among those the guy had all sorts of cars sitting around, tons of R32 Skylines in various states, an NSX that was parked in the middle of a giant sea of cars rotting away and some oldschool Japanese iron, RX7s of all generations, a 510, a Z32 300ZX or two, all just sitting there serving no purpose, most not for sale.

I went home and emailed the guy, wondering how much he'd want for the Cosmos, figuring that they had been sitting for some time and anybody who knows what the gently caress a Cosmo is, isn't going to waste their money on a rusty beat to poo poo example I figured I might be able to talk the guy down and get one for what the engines worth basically. I got this email back.

quote:

they are 3 rortor cars 10 thou each

Well there you have it, 2 20B engine and Cosmo bodies, both getting increasingly rare, rotting away infront of some shitheads shop because hes trying to make retarded profit off of them. Heres the first Cosmo I found for sale in my city for 10,900, notice the complete lack of rust, flat tires, and an interior that isn't destroyed.

http://www.jsautostudios.com/details.php?id=1158

Bonus, craigslist scam using the same pictures, that or they just didn't update their website with the new price or something.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/1320697598.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Considering the phone number is the same, I doubt it's a scam and he may genuinely be offering the same car for $10K somewhere else. I've seen shady people do that.

"so, where did you see my ad?"

Considering it's only a few days old, I'd think he's trying to dump it now or found some issues with it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

fatman1683 posted:

I have client where the active owner does all the work, and the inactive owners do nothing but take out fat distributions. He leases a new $100K car every year and has the company pay for it. It is worth it for him since he only gets 48% of the profits, does 100% of the work, and makes enough money to keep the other owners happy. (Student Loan Collection Subcontractor) This also falls under the too rich to have to worry about cost, wants a new car yearly. When you consider the after tax and distribution benifit to him, he is getting the lease at around 33% of the cost, it is probably difficult to find situations where you can get others to pay for 52% of your lease.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

dreesemonkey posted:

I'm a humor snob, so I don't often fall for craigslist "haha I'm so whacky" attempts. Yea yea, I know -> :smug: <- That's how I sit readying craigslist all day.

I found this one and I think it's pretty mediocre, but someone may enjoy it.

This is the best Camaro ad I've ever seen. If I had $3000 lying around I'd buy it just because of how great this is.

sirbeefalot posted:

"As you can see, no aftermarket airbags..."
:fry:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So I'm selling a camper and I get this weird foreign couple that are interested in it. They are clueless and have never been camping so I answer a lot of dumb questions. The next day they call and low ball me by 2 grand, I laugh and tell them my bottom line and they accept immediately......ok.

They then call me the next day to say they're coming to pick up the title so they can get the process moving along.....Um, no you're not until you pay me first.....They seem confused, then say fine we're on our way.

They show up at my door, the guy pulls out his wallet and hands me a check. It's a company check he says. I just laugh and say sorry no checks, unless you want to wait until it clears then you can have the title. The guy gets annoyed and says WELL IT WILL BE FASTER IF I JUST BRING YOU CASH ON MONDAY THEN.

See you on monday then, bye now. Meanwhile he drives past the camper out front that still has a FOR SALE sign on it. I hope someone else buys it before monday, loving cock.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Translated:

1975 Ducati 500 Desmo Sport, customized (aluminum seat, Ducati 750 fork, aluminum rear arm, Conti exhaust, new wheels, fiberglass café-style tank). Price is for non-registered bike, registration+taxes will be between 5-8000kr. Original 500 Desmo sport (disassembled) also available, 12500kr (non-registered).

19900kr (~$3800)

http://www.motorcykelgalleri.dk/html/mar_vis.asp?MarID=60963

Oh dear, I don't even have my license yet and I so want to buy this beauty.

Sep 23, 2008

by Ozma

leica posted:

...some stuff scammers do...

Yeah...none of that sounds good. The chances of you seeing them on Monday with cash are slightly more than non-existent only because they seemed foreign and confused.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

KozmoNaut posted:

Translated:

1975 Ducati 500 Desmo Sport, customized (aluminum seat, Ducati 750 fork, aluminum rear arm, Conti exhaust, new wheels, fiberglass café-style tank). Price is for non-registered bike, registration+taxes will be between 5-8000kr. Original 500 Desmo sport (disassembled) also available, 12500kr (non-registered).

19900kr (~$3800)

Holy poo poo. I want to buy that and have it shipped to the US. That is one beautiful duc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

KozmoNaut posted:

Translated:

19900kr (~$3800)

It looks sexy and all my rear end is getting sympathy pains just by looking at that seat.