Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

polydizzle posted:

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/charliehustlee/soobie004.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/charliehustlee/soobie005.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/charliehustlee/soobie007.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/charliehustlee/soobie001.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/charliehustlee/soobie002.jpg

03 wrx wagon. Got it about 8 months ago with 60k and then promptly put 20k on it. Oops.

Nothing to crazy at the moment, momo steering wheel and shift nob, 17's, turbo back exhaust + front and rear sway bars. Looking to get it tuned and get some STI/STP aesthetic additions in the near future.

I love this car and will probably stick with subaru for a long time. Great car all around. Wish I had an sti though :O

loving photobucket not saving the blackout on my lp. brb.

Can't say I'm a big fan of the fart can, blue bugeye wagon though? Yes please. Prices on these have actually gotten reasonable lately. Gotta love Canadian Subaru prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polydizzle
Sep 13, 2004

DoesNotCompute posted:

Can't say I'm a big fan of the fart can, blue bugeye wagon though? Yes please. Prices on these have actually gotten reasonable lately. Gotta love Canadian Subaru prices.

I am sucker for the fart can. It sounds so clean and it has that low rumble idle sound... aah god, need a towel. I personally think it sounds way better as it is coming down from high rpms when downshifting and or coasting.

A used one right now is about 10 grand, I got mine for 13 but it was literally in perfect condition and maintained by a Subaru employee. I got real lucky. Whats the price of a 09 up there ?

Meaty Potato
Jun 3, 2006

Come Down on Me

polydizzle posted:

03 wrx wagon. Got it about 8 months ago with 60k and then promptly put 20k on it. Oops.

Nothing to crazy at the moment, momo steering wheel and shift nob, 17's, turbo back exhaust + front and rear sway bars. Looking to get it tuned and get some STI/STP aesthetic additions in the near future.

I love this car and will probably stick with subaru for a long time. Great car all around. Wish I had an sti though :O

You do realize that the Momo wheel comes standard right? Unless you went and bought another one for some reason.

If you want to do your tuning and exhaust a favor, don't waste your money on the aesthetics and instead put it towards new up/down pipes for the turbo. You'll thank yourself later on.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

ozziegt posted:

That's kind of the point.

I think I need to hang out over there because it seems like the photographers over here are a bunch of prudes.

I don't mind if people want to turn a photo into art, but to me using a program that does it in two seconds isn't art. I also find HDR horribly distracting in an image of a car, but that's just me. I also think if a guy wants to test out his new camera, you shouldn't immediately go and manipulate what came out of it until it doesn't matter what camera you took it with. Ok, no more CC talk from me.

rockcity fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jul 23, 2009

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

polydizzle posted:

I am sucker for the fart can. It sounds so clean and it has that low rumble idle sound... aah god, need a towel. I personally think it sounds way better as it is coming down from high rpms when downshifting and or coasting.

A used one right now is about 10 grand, I got mine for 13 but it was literally in perfect condition and maintained by a Subaru employee. I got real lucky. Whats the price of a 09 up there ?

As someone who was raised on ridiculous displacement V8s, I can honestly say the only 4 cylinder I have ever liked is a boxer engine with good exhaust. Once you change the headers it ruins it though.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
Whoops, already posted photos. Forgot how old this thread is.

I'm dumb.

dr cum patrol esq fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 6, 2011

polydizzle
Sep 13, 2004

Meaty Potato posted:

You do realize that the Momo wheel comes standard right? Unless you went and bought another one for some reason.

If you want to do your tuning and exhaust a favor, don't waste your money on the aesthetics and instead put it towards new up/down pipes for the turbo. You'll thank yourself later on.

Its not the stock one as far as I know.

I'm quite new at this, but I believe I have an UP already as I just found a stock looking one in a box of parts I found that came with the car. Also as far as as I know, which again inst a lot, I have a bell mouth DP on my turbo back exhaust.

It was weird because I ordered a perrin(en?) UP a few weeks ago and then found the stock looking one, turns out the place was out of stock when I ordered the UP so I took it as a sign from god not to get it. I still haven't confirmed which one I have yet as it is quite difficult to get to on my own time. I tried to find it when I was putting in a new radiator but I wasn't really sure what to look for or where it was.

polydizzle
Sep 13, 2004

sw0cb posted:

As someone who was raised on ridiculous displacement V8s, I can honestly say the only 4 cylinder I have ever liked is a boxer engine with good exhaust. Once you change the headers it ruins it though.

It is incredibly sexy I agree. Every other 4 banger sounds way to high pitched and it really is that low rumble that I mentioned earlier that sets it apart and makes it unique. You can always tell a subaru is coming before you see it if it has a modified exhaust.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
if we're doing lovely overprocessed shots time to spam this one!

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

Hatebreed posted:

gently caress you for even being able to get the R36. Please post pictures :D

Sure. I've already posted some in this thread (on the first page) but if enough people are interested I'm happy to start an R36 appreciation thread, but I suspect it'll be mostly appreciating my car...

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Steve. posted:

Sure. I've already posted some in this thread (on the first page) but if enough people are interested I'm happy to start an R36 appreciation thread, but I suspect it'll be mostly appreciating my car...

North America didn't get the R36 or R50, or I'd be in one currently. I assume it has DSG?

fishmech_1.1_RC
Jul 22, 2003

The Third Man posted:

Art is subjective, but talk to any photographer, or probably any artist worth their salt, and they will tell you that that is not good photography. It might be subjective, but there is still such a thing as objectively good and bad art (I guess that is technically my opinion, but your really splitting hairs if you want to get into that).

Considering the first thing that I noticed is that the car isn't even lit correctly (light source is behind it) and that any light on the facing side of it is probably purely coincidental, I'd agree that yes, that picture is terrible. HDR has its uses but throwing a RAW file into Photomatix and cranking all the sliders over creates some very ugly pictures.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
Got a new turbo, excited:

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot
Hope you didn't steal all those parts!!!

Finch!
Sep 11, 2001

Spatial Awareness?

[ ] Whaleshark

404 Not Found

Hatebreed posted:

North America didn't get the R36 or R50, or I'd be in one currently. I assume it has DSG?
Yeah, it's the six speed DSG. There is no other gearbox option in any market.

It's an all wheel drive (Haldex) 300 horsepower 3.6 litre narrow angle VR6, more or less the same as the 3.6 VR6 available in the North American Passat but tweaked a bit. VW Claim 0-100km/h in 5.6 seconds for the sedan and 5.8 for the wagon. Apparently that's accurate, but I can't be sure. It's quick enough, but it's too heavy to punt through corners like a Golf GTI or something. It's a great tourer, though.

I haven't driven the R50 but the thought of it makes me very happy... twin turbo V10 diesel! Dad has had a diesel Q7 for years but unfortunately it's not the V12 diesel.

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

Steve. posted:

Yeah, it's the six speed DSG. There is no other gearbox option in any market.

It's an all wheel drive (Haldex) 300 horsepower 3.6 litre narrow angle VR6, more or less the same as the 3.6 VR6 available in the North American Passat but tweaked a bit. VW Claim 0-100km/h in 5.6 seconds for the sedan and 5.8 for the wagon. Apparently that's accurate, but I can't be sure. It's quick enough, but it's too heavy to punt through corners like a Golf GTI or something. It's a great tourer, though.

I haven't driven the R50 but the thought of it makes me very happy... twin turbo V10 diesel! Dad has had a diesel Q7 for years but unfortunately it's not the V12 diesel.

Bah, 300 and still doesn't get under 5.5s like the MK5 R32. My .:R was a perfectly good touring machine, but it let me down when it came to the haldex awd system, shifting, and general feel. Even fitting it with a new controller doesn't make up for the fact its STILL front wheel drive biased in the end. It's sad such good sounding, but wasteful engines are on their way out.

e:...:..:.:..:.>:::::::::::::...:rR

Hatebreed fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 24, 2009

el topo
Apr 11, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Replica Kill posted:

One of my employees wanted to fool around with his new camera. Here's another one of the ol' box...

Click here for the full 2048x1300 image.

I'm not anti-HDR, but that photo hurts my eyes for some reason I'm not sure about.

DoesNotCompute
Apr 10, 2006

Big Wiener.

polydizzle posted:

To be fully fair I do love the sound of a boxer engine, I think I just dislike the aesthetic of the fart can itself.

As for '09's in Canada? Base WRX is 32k, base STI is 40k MSRP. No options, no tax, no nothing. Also remember that tax, in my province anyway, is 13%

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro

:gay:

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
I found this beauty on craigslist a couple weeks ago and struck an excellent deal with the seller. 1974 VW Type 4, about 30,000 sold in the US and 300,000 worldwide.. pretty rare to come across one, even some VW guys had no idea what it was!

This is my 4th VW and my 1st Aircooled, I'm so excited to start taking care of it! It runs great, stops great, looks great & everything works.. you just don't find cars like this in Ohio. It helps that it had lived in California until 2006. The only downside is that I've got to find a beater to drive around in the winter.. no chance I'm going to subject this car to salty Ohio roads.

The only things that really jump out at first glance are:
1. One tripped fuse covered in tinfoil
2. Wires under the dash spliced together with duct tape
3. One broken window crank
4. The antenna probably isn't connected to the radio

Things to work on down the road:
1. Hook up a Tachometer
2. Hook up some voltage, temp & oil pressure gages
3. Seats could use some more padding
4. Find a door for the glove box
5. Get the aux. heater working

I just took it for a 160 mile trip today and averaged 27 mpg @ 60mph. Pretty drat good for a 35 year old car, I was expecting somewhere between 15 and 20. It ran fantastic.. I'm preparing myself for the worst after hearing what Psylocibe has gone through with his fastback. I'm carrying tools, a fire extinguisher, and a AAA membership just in case.

Could someone with archive capability bump the aircooled thread for me?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
Went to the beach today, so you get to see my 280z again!

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Went to a meet on Sunday and there were some people there with nice cameras, so here are a few recent shots of my supercharged TSX.

Coming in to the park

Click here for the full 800x467 image.

Under hood shot

Click here for the full 1023x682 image.

Bonus speed and/or class for portashitter in the background

Click here for the full 1023x682 image.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Wamsutta posted:

Coming in to the park

Click here for the full 800x467 image.

Those mirrors look exactly like the Audi mirrors. Weird.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

NoWake posted:

I found this beauty on craigslist a couple weeks ago and struck an excellent deal with the seller. 1974 VW Type 4, about 30,000 sold in the US and 300,000 worldwide.. pretty rare to come across one, even some VW guys had no idea what it was!

This is my 4th VW and my 1st Aircooled, I'm so excited to start taking care of it! It runs great, stops great, looks great & everything works.. you just don't find cars like this in Ohio. It helps that it had lived in California until 2006. The only downside is that I've got to find a beater to drive around in the winter.. no chance I'm going to subject this car to salty Ohio roads.

Oh what the hell.
I live in Ohio and I had to drive to Carmel, NY just to get a rot-free Beetle.

:argh:

Al Harrington
May 1, 2005

I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the eye
I have posted it before on this forum, probably last time was well over a year ago so here it is again and its now my daily driver again that I moved to IL. Just drove her down from MN 315 miles no sweat, meanwhile my '01 Town Car that my parents followed me down in decided it was time to start missing like a bastard.

1972 Buick Electra 225 4 door Hardtop in Cortez Gold Metallic

I'm not posting the town car because it cost me 2 old cars and $6k and I hate it.

*edit* Here's a better pic taken with an actual camera back home in MN when it had the '67 Hubcaps on it that it came with when I bought it

Al Harrington fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 14, 2009

Xeno
Sep 16, 2005

MAD TYTE DUBZ, YO.

Blooot posted:

Xeno posted:

My ride for the past fortnight:

Fact or fiction? Westerners are immune to road rash when they decide they know how to ride a motorcycle in a developing nation...
Either that, or those who fail never live to tell the tale.

I do have a fairly awesome video from the trip, 3 near death experiences in 3 minutes.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

polydizzle posted:

Hey, another bugeye wagon, sweet :cheers: I did the same thing, a year ago I bought mine with 60k on it, today it has 96k on it, poo poo. What brand exhaust is that? I also like the de-badging on the rear, might look into that for mine.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

Xeno posted:

I do have a fairly awesome video from the trip, 3 near death experiences in 3 minutes.

Congrats for making it out alive!

Since I paid for this (thanks http://www.motorsportlens.com/), I'm posting it whenever possible

CORKSCREW!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That old VW is really amazing, good find.

Hypnolobster posted:

Out of curiosity, did the person in the bed just sorta look up at the cop and wave a little and lie back down, or what?
Sorry about the delay, but that was me and I was just sitting back there reading a book with no shirt on (getting a tan). This was in Louisiana and they really don't care about people in the back of pickups, although I did learn that it's illegal in every state at highway speed. Apparently it's illegal above 40mph in Texas.

Paul Boz_ posted:

I'm surprised they didn't gently caress with you about having someone in the bed. Usually LA state troupers are loving assholes about that. Local cops not so much.
Yeah, I was expecting him to at least ask me what I thought I was doing. We looked pretty ragged after two weeks of driving like this, so maybe that helped or something.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Up until recently, I drove a '90 Buick Park Avenue that had a curse on the brakes. They failed on me multiple times while out in the middle of a hundred mile drive, and no amount of rebuilding or replacing of brakes parts seemed to help. The drat thing was just determined to kill me. So I traded it for a timing belt change on my new car:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Not my ride (I am embarrassed of mine), but the car my dad just bought today. Photos taken before we left the lot.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

It's a 2005 Mercedes-Benz E320 CDI estate in flint grey with pretty much all the options that were available. Fantastically comfortable in my opinion, got a decent amount of power for overtaking, but really smooth. Most importantly it fits all of us inside with room to spare - him and two sons, all of us 6', my mum and the dog. Loads of legroom and headroom.

I'm phenomenally jealous.

Sir Sidney Poitier fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 20, 2009

Dark-V
May 28, 2009
2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5-speed

Megan Racing up-pipe
gutted 1st downpipe cat
debadged
17" Konig Maxxim Grip wheels
225/25 17 General Exclaim UHP tires
Custom interior LED lighting
RX330 HID projector retrofit with 5000k HIDs

Absolutely brilliant and fun in the snow. All wheel drive is amazing.

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009

98 Twin Turbo GTS
76's/TH400/510"
Lots of power

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

SmartPowders posted:

98 Twin Turbo GTS
76's/TH400/510"
Lots of power

Undoubtedly awesome car but you know you posted this a few months ago, right?

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009
Couldn't remember and the search function doesn't work (at least not on my computer). I won't have the car much longer. Looks like it's going to a new home out west. Going to build something different :D

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD
That car is loving sweet.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

SmartPowders posted:

Couldn't remember and the search function doesn't work (at least not on my computer). I won't have the car much longer. Looks like it's going to a new home out west. Going to build something different :D

it's def hard to remember what all your 15 of your posts contained

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Blooot posted:

it's def hard to remember what all your 15 of your posts contained

I bet I could remember what all 15 of his posts are about. His Viper, weightlifting supplements. SmartPowders, you should post more. I bet you could be pretty helpful here and especially in W&W.

SmartPowders
May 18, 2009
I post on roughly 50 different boards a day. If the search function worked on this site, I'd post here more. I have zero interest in searching countless threads to figure out where I could help out the most. I simply don't have the time for it. The irony of a site that wants you to pay to join, has a huge customer base, but can't get a simple search function to work is funny. I have a ton of customers that post here, but there is simply too much content to sift through it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I HATE CARS
May 10, 2009

by Ozmaugh

SmartPowders posted:

I post on roughly 50 different boards a day. If the search function worked on this site, I'd post here more. I have zero interest in searching countless threads to figure out where I could help out the most. I simply don't have the time for it. The irony of a site that wants you to pay to join, has a huge customer base, but can't get a simple search function to work is funny. I have a ton of customers that post here, but there is simply too much content to sift through it all.

http://tinyurl.com/lqoa2w