Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

muscles like this? posted:

Considering the "code" for it was just a simple word I don't think they'll mind too much if people share it and anyway he was asking for the website not the code.

Well, does anyone have it? I want my schwag. Especially I want that short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timelord
Jan 17, 2008

lugosi

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

That's the PW. I was looking for the url :(

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Carl Von Awesomwitz posted:

My theater(Golden, CO) was about 1/3 full with a shitton of older people. Honestly, it was a little weird to see old people cracking up about grain expo 2009 and Berrywatch.

Colorado Mills? I was there too.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Overwined posted:

That's the PW. I was looking for the url :(

PM sent.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Overwined posted:

Well, does anyone have it? I want my schwag. Especially I want that short.

Sorry I don't remember it either and am just going to wait until someone posts it in the thread. Or until tomorrow when the freaking website starts working and it will probably be a link somewhere.

Mooch and Earl
May 20, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump
https://www.rifftrax.com/plan9
this took me to a membership page where i could log in but i dont remember my pass and it obviously isnt going to reset mine in a timely fashion tonight

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

Don't post it here. Use the pm system. I'd do it, but I don't have platinum.

I really don't think it matters. Mike even joked about how unsecure it was.

password is: lugosi:ssh:

Timelord
Jan 17, 2008

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Thanks for the help guys. I was afraid that my love of schwag and schwag would not be united. But you have proven that schwag always finds a way to schwag hoarders like me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I just got back from the showing in Albany. For one, holy poo poo I didn't expect there to be that many people up here in upstate NY, the theater was totally packed a half an hour before it even started. For two, that was on par with the best MST3K episodes. Doubled over in laughter many, many times. I hope they do this again sometime, it was amazing.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Malachi Constant posted:

I really don't think it matters. Mike even joked about how unsecure it was.

I was really just hoping to cut down on people logging on so I could get my poo poo sooner. :ohdear:

It's the internet, someone will find out how to get on it eventually. I just wanted to get it before eventually happened.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Got back from the Grand Rapids, MI show a bit ago. Excellent stuff. Was absolutely sold out. Glad I grabbed my tickets ahead of time. Perfect choice for a movie and I was glad that I hadn't seen it before so I could "enjoy" the film's nuances horrible attempts at cinematography.

I think Lowtax's bit suffered from not having his own microphone... didn't catch everything he said. Was surprised how well the "ads" went over. The crowd was pretty nerdy, but I'm not entirely sure how goony it was.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The short was pretty great, too, but I thought the musical section was pretty weak...

I beg to differ. It gave me the perfect opportunity to get popcorn and a drink. :colbert:

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Didn't someone mention that Time magazine gave a plug for this event?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Overwined posted:

Didn't someone mention that Time magazine gave a plug for this event?

And somewhere, Jim Mallon loads a .38 for the last time.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I beg to differ. It gave me the perfect opportunity to get popcorn and a drink. :colbert:

:lol: Was that guy a goon? Because I remember some goon posting his acoustic album about robots and stuff in GBS a few years ago and I really liked it. Coulton sounded a lot like the goon I'm remembering, except I didn't like the songs he played tonight half as much as whatever I heard on that album ages ago.

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

:lol: Was that guy a goon? Because I remember some goon posting his acoustic album about robots and stuff in GBS a few years ago and I really liked it. Coulton sounded a lot like the goon I'm remembering, except I didn't like the songs he played tonight half as much as whatever I heard on that album ages ago.

He's the guy that wrote the theme song to the game "Portal".

WhiteDoveLost
Jan 13, 2008
"I don't know about happily ever after... but I know about happily." - Francesca Lia Block
To those wondering about the weird picture frame above the bed and the names on the gravestone, Wiki tells us this.

Wikipedia posted:

Legend had auctioned off the opportunity to insert new material into the film through two auctions on eBay. The first allowed the auction winner to provide a photograph that is digitally inserted into part of the scene between the Ghoul Man and Paula Trent. The second allowed the winner to have his or her name placed on a gravestone during a scene with Tor Johnson. The third alteration is at a point where Eros is punched and briefly turns green from head to toe.

Pretty neat I think, it also explains why it looked so spliced in.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Yup, I found it.

Hyphen-B
Nov 28, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Altamonte Springs theaters near Orlando are pretty large and it was absolutely packed. Took my mom and had a great time :3: They'd be crazy to not do more of these.

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

I think Lowtax's bit suffered from not having his own microphone... didn't catch everything he said. Was surprised how well the "ads" went over. The crowd was pretty nerdy, but I'm not entirely sure how goony it was.
Just got home from the Boardman, Ohio showing and it was quite the opposite there. I was laughing at the ads but they seemed to go over rather poorly with the crowd. The theater was surprisingly packed though. Didn't seem to be many goons there at all. Mostly old MST3K fans.

I, however, did get to meet Bob Servo, which was pretty cool. We had a nice brief discussion about Sexy Pets Wholesale Supply.

I Wish I Was
Dec 11, 2006

I saw this at the bookshop and thought of you.
Saw it at South Park Meadows in Austin. Theater had about 1/4 occupancy, which surprised me because Austin is a pretty goon town. The best part for me was sitting next to my nine-year-old daughter while she sang as a zombie, but she loves that song and was way enthusiastic about it.

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Well, look at what I just found. I think I just found my white whale...

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
Savannah, GA. Delayed 45 minutes, so I got two free tickets to any movie I want. Thanks, Rifftrax!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The local showing here at Topeka KS wasn't that packed, but I kinda liked it that way. Got the seat I wanted, was able to hear the movie/commentary even with the laughter...all in all, a good show.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Plavski posted:

Hmmm... they did that gag in the three riffer version on the site. Also the Tor singing and Bela Lugosi/The Count stuff too...

Thank God. Frankly, if I didn't hear the gun gags again, I was gonna die.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Just returned home from the closest Theater showing it, which was 2 hours away (Bristol, VA). Probably about 40 people there. The Lowtax clips went over well, but I think I was the only one singing along to Re: Your Brains

Alvie
May 22, 2008

I Greyhound posted:

but I think I was the only one singing along to Re: Your Brains

Same here. It was made worse by the fact that I found myself singing alone to the lyrics that nobody else knew. I quickly stopped when I realized what a nerd I must have sounded like.

Adam Chance
Aug 7, 2007
Day 3 of my cardigan: my funk overwhelms me.
I was at the North Brunswick, NJ show. There was a decent-sized crowd, and only a handful of technical problems that happened early. Unfortunately one of those problems was such that we missed the entire first Lowtax short; it hinged on a second or so of footage, showing a bunch of bags of flour, then a guy's head with concentric circles behind it and the words "CUTTING EDGE" at the bottom. We saw that in a loop for a good three minutes. Then it faded to black, and then came back on Coulton starting his first song.

My theater did not care for him at all. There was some booing, and a very palpable frustration once he started up the second song and took minutes to organize the singalong. The only laughs throughout his set were when they showed the crowd members raptly singing along. It made me kind of sad; I like the guy a lot. (They were, of course, way more receptive for the riffing, and the short and the movie both went over very well.)

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Yea, the singing guy didn't go over very well at the theater I was at. The lowtax shorts went over incredibly well though.

cellophane torso
Jul 17, 2008
trash flavored trash.
The Rifftrax in the Bronx was deserted. Except for one goon with a :iamafag: t-shirt.

I know you looked at me.

railroad terror
Jul 2, 2007

choo choo
Williamsville New York! REPRESENT

I was happy for the guy who won the iPod -- for a second, we all didn't realize that "oh yah thats us." So what do all the people who were in that theater win?

Oh yeah, and we had a big storm -- our feed was probably down for a good 20 minutes of the whole thing

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)
Saw it in Warrington, PA. Definitely a great time, though the sound kept hiccuping every 15 minutes or so. Not too much of an issue, though. I wasn't going to go at first until I asked a friend last night if she'd be interested. Luckily, she was, but I told her I was worried that it might have been hit or miss, as I find that some of the MST'd movies that are particularly slow can't be saved by the riffing, no matter how brilliant they are. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

I think my favorite line was Bill's "I'm Bob Executive. Can you point me to business?"

I like Jonathan Coulton, but his bits went on a bit too long. And I and most of the theater laughed at the poor girls.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Just got back from the showing at AMC Bay Plaza in Bronx, NY. It was a pretty small turnout, but the show was absolutely hilarious nonetheless. Lowtax's shorts had me in stitches. I really hope they do something like this again.

Meat Popsicle
Feb 24, 2002

Negative!
Bel Mar show in Denver had about 30 people I would guess. The shorts were really funny!

GET EM SLUGGER
Jun 1, 2002

Just got back from watching it in Amarillo, TX. There were about 30 people there, which was more than I expected. Everything went over very well, except maybe the Berry Watch short. There were a few groans on that one. But we had a great time, and I hope the gang decides to do this again someday.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler
Anyone aware of plans to sell a DVD of the show tonight in it's entirety? I bought a ticket but couldn't go because my kid got sick. :(

Edit: To clarify, I'm aware they sell Plan 9 I was wondering if they had what was essentially a recording of what was played tonight with the extras included.

Nodelphi fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Aug 21, 2009

HotAmericanDicking
Feb 6, 2008
Just got back from the Belcourt Theatre showing. It was amazing and a lot of fun. I enjoyed getting to talk with everyone afterwards, especially Johnathan Coulton. He's really cool and down to earth.

Anyone else who was at the Nashville shows, he mentioned something about an email? What are we supposed to do with that? I couldn't hear him very well at that point.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Email was only if you were in the theater of the person who won the iPod.

Nodelphi posted:

Anyone aware of plans to sell a DVD of the show tonight in it's entirety? I bought a ticket but couldn't go because my kid got sick. :(

Edit: To clarify, I'm aware they sell Plan 9 I was wondering if they had what was essentially a recording of what was played tonight with the extras included.

I doubt it, whenever they do something live and release a pre-recorded version its always a little different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."

Mr. Saturday posted:

Speaking of Coulton, who else joined the zombie horde and sang along?

Here in Sarasota, me and somebody else. :(

They didn't even clap at most bits, either!

• Locked thread