Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It was packed over here in East Orlando, although I don't think that many goons were in the audience. When they said Lowtax's name there was basically no reaction.

Really, really great riffing. That flight-attendant short was awesome, and the movie was just as good. The Lowtax shorts were good also. The singer was a bit meh, although my girlfriend liked it.

I had never seen all of 'Plan 9' before, and no one was exaggerating that it's just awful film making all around. Just so many issues, you couldn't even count them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark-V
May 28, 2009
Went to the AMC Theaters showing in Burlington, MA. Absolutely hilarious. That was the BEST movie to riff on. The theater was almost completely full. Not too many outward goons though. Only a few of us cheered when they first mentioned Lowtax and SomethingAwful.

And yes, there were a good amount of neckbeards there.

I am definitely looking forward to any new showings if it happens.

Only a couple of cutouts in the stream, mostly at the beginning. And someone mentioned the audio going off, I believe there was a part that the wife's voice was out of sync. They even made fun of it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

cellophane torso posted:

The Rifftrax in the Bronx was deserted. Except for one goon with a :iamafag: t-shirt.

I know you looked at me.

You didn't get the message. LEAVE THE BRONX!

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dark-V posted:

And someone mentioned the audio going off, I believe there was a part that the wife's voice was out of sync. They even made fun of it.

I think you underestimate just how poorly put together the film Plan 9 from Outer Space was.

Is my soup too hot
Jul 6, 2006

sloths are nature’s backpacks
The Rockaway theater in NJ had at least 200 people in it.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

ReverendHeywood posted:

went had an outage due to weather and DISH network. Small crowd out in Fayetteville, GA but we had a great time. Missed maybe 20 minutes of the main feature.

Sup Fayetteville goon. My friend and I were the ones in the middle rows, I was the tall guy that asked for a show of hands of actual goons during the downtime due to storms. We gave our free tickets away to a couple people on the way out.

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry
Went to the showing in Alexandria, VA. Theater was crowded, but not sold out completely. We missed a few minutes of the short, which kind of irritated me, because the rest was pretty drat funny. I don't think it was a very goony crowd, but the SA bits went over well with the audience. I'm also in the "never seen Plan 9" camp, and I'm glad I saw it this way because it was awful.

Coulton's songs got a few laughs and he had a few fans in my audience, but no huge reaction or anything.

Highlight of my evening was the morbidly obese bald guy who came in just before the start, made a beeline for the front row, and put up both armrests to accommodate his fat wings.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

lousy hat posted:

Highlight of my evening was the morbidly obese bald guy who came in just before the start, made a beeline for the front row, and put up both armrests to accommodate his fat wings.

You had one of those guys too? Also sitting behind him was a girl dressed as Vampira from the movie. She bought some signs or something, but never did anything during the movie.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
The show in Trussville AL wasn't sold out, but it was pretty packed.

There was a hefty round of applause upon "Norm!"

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Cannot Find Server posted:

I just got back from the showing in Albany. For one, holy poo poo I didn't expect there to be that many people up here in upstate NY, the theater was totally packed a half an hour before it even started. For two, that was on par with the best MST3K episodes. Doubled over in laughter many, many times. I hope they do this again sometime, it was amazing.

Yeah, I got there early and was amazed at how many people filled the place up after I went in. We were pretty much smack in the middle of the theater. Had a great time aside from the sync issues. I liked the big cheer in the crowd when they mentioned Schenectady.

Mastiff posted:

I think you underestimate just how poorly put together the film Plan 9 from Outer Space was.
My theater was out of sync for all except about 10 minutes during the guy's song about the future. I don't care about the hostess's lovely banter being off, but for the entire film and the two ads it was annoying.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

lousy hat posted:

We had one of the fattest women I've ever seen huff her way into the back row, then proclaim that the (freezing cold) theater was too hot and fan herself with one of those paper fans that you buy for 25 cents in Chinatown - throughout the entire movie.

GrandInquisitor
May 14, 2009
Just got back from seeing it in Savoy. The pasty white neckbeards were out in force. The show was great besides some hickups in the start.

Sapphaholic
Mar 21, 2008

Delicious.
The Yorktown Mall, IL theater was pretty full. I'd say maybe 1/2 to 3/4 of the seats were taken up and full of neckbeards who all happily sang along to the music.

I need to give kudos to the guy that yelled, "We got movie sign!" as the movie was beginning, though.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

^^^ drat didn't even think of that

I'm glad they occasionally showed the overlay with the riffers off to the side so you could see their reactions to some parts of the movie.

There was one bit towards the end (don't remember what, exactly) where the scene was so bad that they all just cracked up without even saying anything

cellophane torso
Jul 17, 2008
trash flavored trash.

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

You didn't get the message. LEAVE THE BRONX!

No I didn't :ohdear: fibblins did you get the message WHAT IS THE MESSAGE we missed the message oh shi-

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

vanilla slimfast posted:

There was one bit towards the end (don't remember what, exactly) where the scene was so bad that they all just cracked up without even saying anything
I think it was the alien leader's long rambling speech, which ends in him yelling about 'stupid humans' and getting bitch-slapped by the pilot

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Charlotte goon here, there was a problem with our projector and we didnt see any of the berries sketch. is there a place we could obtain them.

cellophane torso
Jul 17, 2008
trash flavored trash.

vanilla slimfast posted:

You don't remember it because your stupid mind cannot understand. Human.

Calipark
Feb 1, 2008

That's cool.

penis sandwich posted:

Saw it in Warrington, PA. Definitely a great time, though the sound kept hiccuping every 15 minutes or so. Not too much of an issue, though. I wasn't going to go at first until I asked a friend last night if she'd be interested. Luckily, she was, but I told her I was worried that it might have been hit or miss, as I find that some of the MST'd movies that are particularly slow can't be saved by the riffing, no matter how brilliant they are. Thankfully that wasn't the case.

I think my favorite line was Bill's "I'm Bob Executive. Can you point me to business?"

I like Jonathan Coulton, but his bits went on a bit too long. And I and most of the theater laughed at the poor girls.

We must have been the only goons at that showing. It was rather empty compared to how big the Warrington theater is.

Did you notice the girl who sat in the middle of the upper rows and was the "Person who enjoyed it a lot more than everyone else" in the show?

God she was loud, I sat like one seat over from her. We made a game of counting how many times she laughed.

Calipark fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 21, 2009

Alvie
May 22, 2008

I have to say, probably the funniest part of the actual movie is after having it explained that humanity is probably going to destroy the universe and we need to chill the gently caress out, humanity's response is to think that's awesome and try to beat the poo poo out of the messenger.

It's like Ed Wood say The Day the Earth Stood Still but took a bathroom break during the moral of the story.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

Was surprised how well the "ads" went over. The crowd was pretty nerdy, but I'm not entirely sure how goony it was.

I got back from the Mt. Pleasant, MI show and was surprised by the same thing. We weren't sold out but it was a bigger crowd than I expected for it being the weekend before classes start.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
I saw the show in Iowa City and my experience seemed to be largely identical to everyone else. I got the feeling few goons were in attendence, since the mention of Something Awful was met with a mixture murmering "whats that now?" and scattered groans, as if to say "Oh that site". I was also in the never seen Plan 9 camp, and I can't think of a better way to finally see film than this. The stewardess short definitely slayed, and Kyanka's contributions were met with much mirth. The highlight would have to the middle-aged fat couple wating in line for tickets behind me. They were clearly confused at the huge number of pasty neckbeards descending on the theater(they were seeing "The Time Traveler's Wife"

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
Was at the fort myers theater, holy poo poo so many goony looking people there.

This one guy kept laughing about 2 seconds late with "HA HA HA", dear god. Overall though, that was incredible, and the shorts were awesome.

Happy Little Tree
Feb 14, 2009

fibblins posted:

Just got back from the showing at AMC Bay Plaza in Bronx, NY. It was a pretty small turnout, but the show was absolutely hilarious nonetheless. Lowtax's shorts had me in stitches. I really hope they do something like this again.

Yeah, I was there at the AMC at Bay Plaza too. And yes, there weren't that many people there. For the better IMO because the theater I was in had an odd smell to it. Anyway the show was hilarious, the gun misfiring gag, Fort Worth, and that one alien guy turning green were just great. I would gladly attend another one of these showings.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Adam Chance posted:

I was at the North Brunswick, NJ show. There was a decent-sized crowd, and only a handful of technical problems that happened early. Unfortunately one of those problems was such that we missed the entire first Lowtax short; it hinged on a second or so of footage, showing a bunch of bags of flour, then a guy's head with concentric circles behind it and the words "CUTTING EDGE" at the bottom. We saw that in a loop for a good three minutes. Then it faded to black, and then came back on Coulton starting his first song.

My theater did not care for him at all. There was some booing, and a very palpable frustration once he started up the second song and took minutes to organize the singalong. The only laughs throughout his set were when they showed the crowd members raptly singing along. It made me kind of sad; I like the guy a lot. (They were, of course, way more receptive for the riffing, and the short and the movie both went over very well.)

The guy who yelled out that he wanted to see "Cutting Edge" again during Coulton was pretty funny, though.

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin
Answering a couple questions I've seen asked:

* In addition to the names already mentioned, SA Admin Peatpot appeared in both skits. In fact, he dominated "Berry Watch," showing up in many cloned incarnations. The rest of the cast consisted of family members, friends and helpful townspeople.

* "Berry Watch" and "Flour and Grain Expo" will both be available on the impending DVD release of the event. The DVD will also include two additional Lowtax skits that were pretty great, both of which were cut at the last minute due to time constraints.

cloudy
Jul 3, 2007

Alive to the universe; dead to the world.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

They didn't even clap at most bits, either!

Clapping in a movie theater is weird! It made me want to be at the place they actually did the show, because it would be way more awesome. Because then I could clap and not feel awkward.

I was in Columbus, OH at the Lennox. There was a decent showing, but definitely not sold out. All of us laughed at the awkward girls singing along. None of us sang along. We're all too cool cause we're all college kids, ya know. I'm pretty sure I overheard goons. Lots of people looked pretty goony, anyway.

I thought it was pretty hilarious, overall. The berries ad was awesome. Skeletons!!

Also:

Garbage Day posted:

* "Berry Watch" and "Flour and Grain Expo" will both be available on the impending DVD release of the event. The DVD will also include two additional Lowtax skits that were pretty great, both of which were cut at the last minute due to time constraints.

Yay!

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

FlamingLiberal posted:

It was packed over here in East Orlando, although I don't think that many goons were in the audience. When they said Lowtax's name there was basically no reaction.

Really, really great riffing. That flight-attendant short was awesome, and the movie was just as good. The Lowtax shorts were good also. The singer was a bit meh, although my girlfriend liked it.

I had never seen all of 'Plan 9' before, and no one was exaggerating that it's just awful film making all around. Just so many issues, you couldn't even count them all.

Waterford Regal? I can confirm at least two more goons who were there.

That was a whole lot of fun, and definitely the best way to see Plan 9 for the first time. It might not actually be the worst movie ever made, but it's definitely entertaining with a whole theater full of people laughing at it.

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Gonna buy that DVD.

Who was the husband character at the beginning of Berrywatch?

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Garbage Day posted:

DVD release

Night loving made right there.

Sludgehammer
Aug 5, 2003

What is this thing in my mouth? It's slippery and it's slimy...
I saw this in Bowie, MD. It was awesome. I actually didn't realize that SA/Lowtax were involved with it before I saw it, my non-goon brother just told me he was going so I tagged along and was pleasantly surprised. I missed the opportunity to try and find other area goons and promote my entry in the stupid E/N dating contest :slick:

Either way, both of the SA skits were hilarious and I laughed a lot harder than I should've at "I'M BOB EXECUTIVE. WHICH WAY IS BUSINESS?"

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
The grains and silos expo was hysterical but the berry watch one needed tighter editing. It was a fun night, I'm really glad I went!

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Sludgehammer posted:

"I'M BOB EXECUTIVE. WHICH WAY IS BUSINESS?"

Easily the best line of the night, without a doubt.

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died

Markoff Chaney posted:

Colorado Mills? I was there too.

Yep, I was the goony looking dude with the BNSF shirt.

sig86
Jun 28, 2009
The Natomas regency in west Sacramento was about a quarter filled, but I don't think any other goons were there. I think one other person might have cheered when Lowtax was mentioned.

The riffs were great, and I'll be buying the DVD when it comes out.

"Remember, don't become fat or ugly or you'll get fired."

bomblol
Jul 17, 2009

my first crapatar

GrandInquisitor posted:

Just got back from seeing it in Savoy. The pasty white neckbeards were out in force. The show was great besides some hickups in the start.

Sup savoy goon! Glad I have confirmation that I did, in fact, experience it, and it was not just a dream.

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
I went with a friend to the Germantown MD, showing, which was surprisingly packed. There was a pretty diverse crowd and nobody was disruptive during the show, although the theater did smell like pee. :ohdear:

The theater also didn't even have the sync right on their own commercials before the show started, but all the hiccups were ironed out before Plan 9 itself started.

Also they really had me going on the first fake misfire from the police lieutenant, for a split second I thought he'd really fired.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001
I just saw it with Josh "Livestock" Boruff at Santana Row in San Jose among a grove of majestic old-growth neckbeards.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

hoodrow trillson posted:

I just saw it with Josh "Livestock" Boruff at Santana Row in San Jose among a grove of majestic old-growth neckbeards.

I hear you can drive a car between some of their neck folds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sig86
Jun 28, 2009
Also, did anyone else notice the picture that was edited in in the bedroom scene while the wife was sleeping? I only caught it for a split second, and didn't realize who was in it.

• Locked thread