Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reddie
Oct 10, 2004

sig86 posted:

Also, did anyone else notice the picture that was edited in in the bedroom scene while the wife was sleeping? I only caught it for a split second, and didn't realize who was in it.

I saw this too! It changed in the middle of the scene and I have no idea who was in it.

Woodland Hills, CA screening here only had about 15 seats left.

edit: Oh yeah and people in my theatre booed Lowtax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003
Just got back from the showing here in Merced. Only 10 of us there, which was about 11 more than I expected for this area...I think one or two of those that showed up were goons.

The whole thing was awesome...can't wait for the DVD!

Nausicaa
Jun 2, 2005

NEED GAMS BADLY

sig86 posted:

Also, did anyone else notice the picture that was edited in in the bedroom scene while the wife was sleeping? I only caught it for a split second, and didn't realize who was in it.

Yeah, I was at the Portland show (packed) and saw it too.

Something the restorers of the movie did for laffs or a Rifftrax easter egg?

But god drat that was funny. Crying with laughter at some points.

PisoMojado
Mar 9, 2007
Pittsburgh goon here. God, that show was INCREDIBLE. I'm a long time MST3K fan and I've casually followed RiffTrax, but I can safely say that tonight's presentation was the funniest riff I've ever seen. Right off the bat, the short had me in loving stitches. The "Bob Executive" line had the entire theater howling.

Obvious goon presence, but not as bad as I expected. We had a few A/V glitches right off the bat, but they went away and it was smooth sailing for the rest of the show. I'd give anything for another RiffTrax Live showing.

Oh, and gently caress you, Jim Mallon.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Watched it, loved it, can't wait for the DVD. Is anyone else having problems entering the code on the site? I thought it was Lucipo or something like that.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

Gaseous Snake posted:

Watched it, loved it, can't wait for the DVD. Is anyone else having problems entering the code on the site? I thought it was Lucipo or something like that.

Lugosi perhaps?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

hoodrow trillson posted:

Lugosi perhaps?

Wow, I was way off. That'll teach me to pay attention.

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
The person running the projector at our showing had a bitch of a time getting the movie to start and spent like 10 minutes loving around on a Dish DVR menu while fast forwarding through some random lady singing, which was a pretty funny intro.

Stay classy, AMC La Jolla

Bastard Tetris fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 21, 2009

Reddie
Oct 10, 2004

hoodrow trillson posted:

Lugosi perhaps?
Yes, it's LUGOSI. I can't connect to the site, though. :(

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Theatre was pretty full at Edwards in San Diego. I wasn't aware of the Lowtax collaboration and was very pleasantly suprised. The Hay and Grain expo commercial beat everything else for me in terms of laughs per minute. loving epic

Like everyone else, quite a few goony looking people around

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I caught the showing in Ventura, Ca. I'd guess that the seats were 90% full. They showed it on their largest screen in the biggest room. Odds are they'd be willing to run it again here.

Deceptor101
Jul 7, 2007

What fun is a project if it doesn't at least slightly ruin your life?
Just got back from the show and god it was great. There were some hiccups during the stewardess bit but no problems once the main show started up. I'm really looking forward to the DVD release although I'll probably get the downloads in the morning.

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Back from the Beaverton, Oregon showing. Sat right next to a few goons, and there were some goony-looking people all over. Funniest part was "Homotania!" Close second was Fragmaster's face briefly in the short.

quadra
Dec 26, 2004

sig86 posted:

imdb says:
In the colorized Legend Films DVD release, during one shot of the scene where the Ghoul Man terrorizes the woman in her home, the images inside the picture frames on the bedroom wall have been digitally replaced with pictures of other people. This anomaly does not occur in any other print of Plan 9 and is unique to the Legend Films release.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Apparently they had an eBay auction to get a picture in the frame and another one to get their name engraved on the tombstone.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
Sterling Heights here. It was the largest gathering of neckbeards I've seen in my life. Other than the hiccups at the beginning and the lady sitting next to me singing over Jonathan Coulton, it was an awesome night. The entire theater broke out in applause at the Detroit joke in the stewardess sketch. (Because it's so true.)

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Toad King posted:

lady sitting next to me singing over Jonathan Coulton,

At fort myers, at least half the theater sang "All we wanna do is eat your brains." Just the part requested though.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Back from the Hayward, CA showing and I'm still laughing. I hope they do more like this.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

CrumFUNist! posted:

Close second was Fragmaster's face briefly in the short.

Those sponsorship shorts were amazing. A major reason why I plan on buying the DVD is to be able to see those again.

Very glad I went.

Crazy Goat
Dec 27, 2006

CrumFUNist! posted:

Back from the Beaverton, Oregon showing. Sat right next to a few goons, and there were some goony-looking people all over. Funniest part was "Homotania!" Close second was Fragmaster's face briefly in the short.

Which theater?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

sethsez posted:

Waterford Regal? I can confirm at least two more goons who were there.

That was a whole lot of fun, and definitely the best way to see Plan 9 for the first time. It might not actually be the worst movie ever made, but it's definitely entertaining with a whole theater full of people laughing at it.
Yes, that's the one.

Like I said, there was almost no response when Lowtax's name, or SA's name was mentioned.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I wasn't able to go to a theater tonight, so I totally had to miss this :( .

I saw talk about some sort of DVD and/or download? What's the word on that? Dare I hope that Rifftrax will put this on their catalogue?

If this was asked or answered already, sorry; I skimmed the OP and found nothing, and its a big thread. :shobon:

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Crazy Goat posted:

Which theater?

Cedar Hills Crossing. The theater was packed.

Crazy Goat
Dec 27, 2006

CrumFUNist! posted:

Cedar Hills Crossing. The theater was packed.

I was there. I was the annoying kid in the blue shirt and aviators.

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.
back from the one of the Dallas showings (legacy by the way). everything went over real well with everyone, even the singing. the theater died at the mention of ft worth.

also, there's no way im not buying that dvd.

12_String
Feb 28, 2007

Broccoli is brain food.
"Sorry Fort Worth!"

Just got back from the show at The Block in Orange, Ca. Lots of Goonish people in there, although very little clapping during Lowtax's appearances. We were theorizing that Goons just don't really want to meet each other.

Anyway, it was great fun. Brought back a lot of the old MST3K memories. Kudos to Mike et al.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Oh, I didn't see a shot very close to the one on the EP cover, but the resemblance is quite uncanny to me. It makes me wonder if they did get it from Plan 9.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

sig86 posted:

The Natomas regency in west Sacramento was about a quarter filled, but I don't think any other goons were there. I think one other person might have cheered when Lowtax was mentioned.
My fiancee and I were at the Natomas Marketplace 16. If you heard someone with a wheezy, annoying cough... um... sorry about that. I couldn't help it today.

A black person
Oct 3, 2007

Bender, stop shutting the hell up!

inaniloquent posted:

I'm so excited. I'm getting married this weekend, and this is my last unmarried couple date with my husband-to-be. :3: AMC Riverside, here we come!

I was there too. :hfive: I was with my brother and a bunch of his friends, including the guy sitting near the top who laughed unnecessarily loudly at everything as if to say "HA HA I GET [POP CULTURE REFERENCE]!!" So I would like to apologize to anyone who might have been at the Riverside show for his obnoxiousness.

Also, it seems like everyone here (myself included) hated Jonathan Coulton. Nobody sang along. But yeah, Flour and Grain Expo and Berrywatch were amazing, and I agree that "I'm Bob Executive. Where is business?" was the greatest line out of the whole show. I wish Fragmaster had showed up for longer.

Ysa
Feb 3, 2002

secret service get all the pussy
I have no idea who Jonathan Coulton is and I'm not sure anyone in the theater with me did either. The people intently singing along on the video got a lot of laughs though.

PapaLazarou
May 11, 2008

Decadent Federation Swine!
I just got back from the one in San Francisco. Lots of goony looking people including a morbidly obese woman who seemed pretty pissed off that there was stuff before the main feature and yell-laughed at everything except for the fat jokes.

Crazy Goat
Dec 27, 2006

Lord Flashheart posted:

Lots of goony looking people including a morbidly obese woman

1 girl 2 seats

As for the singing - we had a packed theater, and even the "good singing" part went over well - let alone the whole theater making zombie noises.

Magonian Pancake
Mar 28, 2008

Tendai posted:

I'm pretty sure 90% of the theater where we were in Albuquerque did. I did. :colbert:

Not our row, at least at the downtown Albuquerque theater...my friends just laughed at the ladies singing onscreen. Also, the unfunny prick sitting towards the front tried his best to ruin everyone else's experience in the nearest vicinity by loudly auditioning his own terrible material. He was stepping all over the Rifftrax jokes, and even his own friends seemed annoyed with him. I told him to shut up, which seemed to work for about fifteen minutes.

I realize that this type of environment may be more conducive for people "interacting" more with the movie, but I'd prefer to listen to paid professionals over your witless drivel. Anyone else have this problem during their viewing?

dimwitf
Apr 8, 2008

'morning.
Wife and I saw this at the Alderwood theater, north of Seattle. Awesome stuff, though the screen went blank/silent for a few seconds a couple times.
It was like a warmup to PAX in a few weeks, seeing all the nerdy folks in attendance. Made me smile even when walking out behind someone with awful BO.
Lowtax, my wife really liked the skits! :v:

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
This is how YOU walk, neh neh-neh neh neh...

Professor Murda
Sep 15, 2002

I was at Pacific Place in Seattle. I think I was the only one who laughed at Fragmaster. Also, lots of people around me were saying "Who's Jonathan Coulton?" My friends and I all sang extra loud just for them.

inaniloquent
Apr 7, 2007

Je suis génie.

A black person posted:

I was there too. :hfive: I was with my brother and a bunch of his friends, including the guy sitting near the top who laughed unnecessarily loudly at everything as if to say "HA HA I GET [POP CULTURE REFERENCE]!!" So I would like to apologize to anyone who might have been at the Riverside show for his obnoxiousness.

Also, it seems like everyone here (myself included) hated Jonathan Coulton. Nobody sang along. But yeah, Flour and Grain Expo and Berrywatch were amazing, and I agree that "I'm Bob Executive. Where is business?" was the greatest line out of the whole show. I wish Fragmaster had showed up for longer.

I was sitting near the front of the higher section. When Coulton started talking about the zombie song, the dude next to us perked up and literally went :allears:

I loved that we were watching it in theater 9, did they do that with all the theaters?

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!
drat theys be some neckbeards in Carbondale.

The Lowtax shorts went over well in spite of it being what I assume was a non-goon crowd. However, is live-appearance, not so much... Probably because we couldn't hear him.

Good times.

"MUST...EAT...MORE....BACON"

Crazy Goat
Dec 27, 2006

inaniloquent posted:

I was sitting near the front of the higher section. When Coulton started talking about the zombie song, the dude next to us perked up and literally went :allears:

I loved that we were watching it in theater 9, did they do that with all the theaters?

Now that you mention it, we were in theater 9 as well. (Beaverton, OR)

Also, let us not forget how terrible Veronica Belmont was as the host. She looked awful pretty for the event - but man, she blew it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperSlacker
Mar 11, 2007

How was the turnout at the Riverside CA showing? I wasn't able to go to it. :(

• Locked thread