Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

acup posted:

It's cool. I was really really excited for it, but was really really let down.

I'm kind of in your boat, but I thought Stagger Lee was pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
Pissed Jeans really ripped it up. This other band Womankind was so brutal though, the bass player/singer guy was this hateful little guy who had the most contrived vocals, like this horrible forced yell/scream talking sort of.

RagingPawn
Nov 29, 2007

liwet posted:

I have tickets for the Flatliners, Frank Turner and Ghost Of A Thousand. Particularly amped about the Flatliners.

Where are you seeing Flatliners? My friends band The Living Daylights are supporting them on a couple of their dates.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Japan ruled. Bought so many records that my shoulder hurts from carrying them around all day throughout the airports. It's crazy how 90's Japcore records that are sought after in the USA are bargain bin 300 yen records over there. Stocked up on lots of 2nd tier goodies, and a few choice bonzers. Asked about the State Children flexi at every record store. Impossible to find. Kenji from Answer Records said it's because the band threw away 200 copies because it sold so poorly. Fuckin' hell.

Paintbox was the best band, Nightmare was the most intense band, So What played 3 or 4 songs off their flexi so I was freaking the gently caress out, and Tetsu Arrey was so hard that the whole NYHC scene would crawl back into their mommies wombs if they ever played the USA.

Stood less than a foot away from S***** while in the merch line at the Chelsea memorial gig. Absolutely terrifying.

Finally tally of all acquisitions:

A.T. DET - Last Child Has No Power 7"
ATTACK SS - No Boss 7"
CHEETAH CHROME MOTHERFUCKERS - Furious Party 7"
CONFUSE - Spending Loud Night 7"
DISTURB/DESTROY split 7"
DSB - Radical Sharp Shot 7"
EXECUTE - Criminal Flowers 7"
EXECUTE - Blunt Sleazy 7"
EXHALE - Strive Against Fate 7"
EVANCE - If Tomorrow...7"
FORWARD - Act Then Decide 7"
GASTUNK - Devil/Sex/Shout 7"
HEALTH HAZARD - Not Just A Nightmare 7"
HUMAN DESPAIR - Struggle For Existence 7"
LARM - Destroy Sexism 7"
ROCKY AND THE SWEDEN - W.A.R 7"
SCREAMING DAMNED FOSSILS 7"
SENSELESS APOCALYPSE/RUPTURE split 7"
SLANG - Hard Core Lives 7"
SOOTHE 7"
SPIT OUT - DoWHeeeeeeee 7" (Gasmask + Coward members 90's band)
V/A - Triple Cross Counter Tour 7"
WORLD BURNS TO DEATH/BLOWBACK split 7"
WORLD BURNS TO DEATH - 2 song 7"

GASTUNK - Dead Song LP
LIBERATE - Proof Of Survival...LP
LIP CREAM - Kill Ugly Pop LP
SWANKYS - Last Punk Show LP
TANTRUM/EXIT HIPPIES split LP
V/A - Get Back The Discharged Arrow LP
V/A - My Meats Your Poison LP

ACID - Grey Earth CD
BLOW BACK - 1st single CD
GUDON - 1984-1990 CD+DVD
MAGNICIDE - Rise for the Annihilation CD
NO EVACUATIONS - Length of Past Time CD
SHIKABANE CD (Mangrove Records)
SLUTS - Sexploitation is Daily Life CDR
SLUTS - 2009 Rehearsal demo CDR
SWANKYS - Swank and Lives 2xCD
UNIT 21 - Brain Shred CD
ZILEMMA - Brave For Slave CD (enhanced)

ASOCIAL TERROR FABRICATION - 5 tracks demo tape
FORCA MACABRA - Out Takes 1991-2000 tape
P.A.C. - 14 min, 56 seg, 24 cents. Demo 1 tape
SEMEN demo tape
SONIC RADIOACTIVE - gently caress Nazi reh tape

CRUDE - European Tour 2004 VHS
POISON ARTS - Last gig DVD
SWANKYS - The Public Television VHS
V/A - Conflict for Freedom 2009 DVD

ADVERSE #2 zine
EL ZINE #0 zine
MOBSPROOF vol 3 zine
TO FUTURE #1 zine
VOX POPULI #4 zine

BAR KONTON button
GLOOM official button
LIP CREAM button set
RECORD SHOP BASE button
STRUGGLE FOR PRIDE button

PAINTBOX - Trip Trance and Traveling t-shirt
PAINTBOX/BLOW BACK/WB2D tour shirt - "Chelsea's Will Never Dies"
PAINTBOX hand towel

Whew.

ChaosNonMusica fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Aug 24, 2009

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Tetsu Arrey was so hard that the whole NYHC scene would crawl back into their mommies wombs if they ever played the USA.

Holy poo poo, I just looked them up on youtube and this band rules so hard.

pig guts
Apr 12, 2008

Agreed, this poo poo is awesome.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

How'd you bring all that back home without breaking anything? Jesus. I'd stop buying stuff after a while just because of how anal I'd be about making sure everything makes it back intact.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Regionally does japan have a lot of international stuff in their stores? Specifically italian, or was the CCM just random?

Ice Blue
Mar 20, 2002

Sorry, I get paid to shoot paintballs, honey, not the breeze.

rivals posted:

Also, despite living in the middle of nowhere basically, The Get Up Kids are playing here in September. gently caress YES. Not hardcore obviously but gently caress it.
They're playing here in September as well. Awesome. I'm thinking of picking up their rerelease of Something to Write Home About next month, but I'm not sure. I already own the album.

I wish search was up. I was trying to see if there was another thread talking about tguk.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

Regionally does japan have a lot of international stuff in their stores? Specifically italian, or was the CCM just random?

When I was in Italy I meant to look for some Klasse Kriminale stuff but only remembered on the plane trip home when they played on my ipod :suicide:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Ice Blue posted:

They're playing here in September as well. Awesome. I'm thinking of picking up their rerelease of Something to Write Home About next month, but I'm not sure. I already own the album.

I wish search was up. I was trying to see if there was another thread talking about tguk.

Probably not. Only big bands or bands with albums coming out tend to get their own threads these days, but I'm sure you can just discuss them here or create your own.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
New Fall of Troy song to be released for free.

quote:

This Thursday August 27th, The Fall of Troy will be releasing the first track off In the Unlikely Event to all their fans on The Fall of Troy's mailing list. This track will come in the form of a free download, so feel free to rip, burn, share etc! If you're currently not a subscriber, head to TheFallofTroy.com and sign up now or miss your chance to own a little piece of In the Unlikely Event before it's released on Oct 6th.

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Not an Anthem posted:

There was a decent amount of rare international stuff in the stores, but it was always more expensive than the Japanese stuff. That CCM record wasn't so badly priced so I bought it. My friend actually got a Kangrena EP (very rare 80's Spanish HC 7") for 50% off at Answer Records.

I was actually able to put all the 7"s, LPs and zines in my messenger bag which I took with me on the plane. I put the shirts, CDs, tapes and videos in my luggage packed between tons of clothes. For the 7"s and LPs, I put 3 or 4 records in the same plastic sleeve, so that they would be packed tight and not warp or bend/break or anything like that.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..
FoT are so bad, but hey free song.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

albear posted:

FoT are so bad, but hey free song.

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure the Fall of Troy even fit in this thread but they certainly don't belong in the metalcore thread so this seemed to be the best place.

The self-titled and Doppelgangers album are pretty solid pieces of music. They kind of took a strange direction with Manipulator, but then they released the Phantoms on the Horizon EP and my interest in them shot up again.

They are killer live too, and they probably one of the coolest outros I've ever seen.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 25, 2009

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

-Atom- posted:

New Fall of Troy song to be released for free.

And we will still feel ripped-off.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

-Atom- posted:

Yeah, I wasn't entirely sure the Fall of Troy even fit in this thread but they certainly don't belong in the metalcore thread so this seemed to be the best place.

The self-titled and Doppelgangers album are pretty solid pieces of music. They kind of took a strange direction with Manipulator, but then they released the Phantoms on the Horizon EP and my interest in them shot up again.

They are killer live too, and they probably one of the coolest outros I've ever seen.

I remember liking the Ghostship demos when I was a teenager.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

albear posted:

I remember liking the Ghostship demos when I was a teenager.

Well those demos were recorded (distributed on a CD-R for gods sake) shortly after the self-titled album and they were all muddy and incomplete. They have since re-recorded and released them and I find the EP to be incredibly enjoyable. I was also fortunate to see them play it from start to finish in the short tour they had on the album.

And I discovered the Fall of Troy in 2006 (was 21) and have been a pretty avid fan since.

But man, I had no idea the band was so hated among you guys. I think they stand out and then some within the scene they happen to fall in.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Aug 25, 2009

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

-Atom- posted:

But man, I had no idea the band was so hated among you guys. I think they stand out and then some within the scene they happen to fall in.

Every band that more than 4 people have heard of and has released more than a split 7" with a band that 3 people have herd of is hated here.

Doppleganger is pretty good. Otherwise...meh.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

-Atom- posted:

And I discovered the Fall of Troy in 2006 (was 21) and have been a pretty avid fan since.

Congratulations.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Izzy Mandelbaum posted:

Every band that more than 4 people have heard of and has released more than a split 7" with a band that 3 people have herd of is hated here.

Doppleganger is pretty good. Otherwise...meh.

Haha is this a joke or what.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

rivals posted:

Congratulations.

Only reason I pointed that out was because of the other poster had mentioned that he liked the demos when he was a teenager.

Seemed somewhat condescending, so you know.

-Atom- fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 25, 2009

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

-Atom- posted:

The self-titled is the only album I like. It probably doesn't help that Doppleganger pretty much is the same album just sped up a little with more production.

liwet
Jan 1, 2006

Are you loathsome tonight?

RagingPawn posted:

Where are you seeing Flatliners? My friends band The Living Daylights are supporting them on a couple of their dates.

Southampton, although I may be switching for London, not sure yet. Either way, fun times!

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?
Can anyone suggest any modern Kinsella sounding derivative bands that I should check out? Bands like: Street Smart Cyclist, Snowing, Algernon Cadwallader, Boy Problems, etc.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Teenage Cool Kids (not much of a Kinsella derivative but you'll probably like them) and Snowing. That's all that's coming to mind right now. Maybe Hightide Hotel, but I don't care for them much.

EDIT: gently caress, just saw Snowing in your list.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
By completely random chance I saw Leftover Crack with Dropping Bombs (sucked), Chewing on Tinfoil (owned), and one other band that also kind of sucked while on vacation in Dublin. It was quite honestly one of the best shows I've seen, at least LOC's set. I managed to get front & center on the stage which stupidly had no barrier so I didn't have my normal problem of being able to see over people. Did get a bit too much of Stza's crotch/knee in my face though.

Dublin punks are pretty chill too.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Triangulum posted:

By completely random chance I saw Leftover Crack with Dropping Bombs (sucked), Chewing on Tinfoil (owned), and one other band that also kind of sucked while on vacation in Dublin. It was quite honestly one of the best shows I've seen, at least LOC's set. I managed to get front & center on the stage which stupidly had no barrier so I didn't have my normal problem of being able to see over people. Did get a bit too much of Stza's crotch/knee in my face though.

Dublin punks are pretty chill too.

As much as i think Stza is a dick, i still love the gently caress out of LOC live shows. They really know how to work a crowd.

Backup Snacks
Jan 27, 2006

WHO THE FUCK TOLD ME NOT TO SPOKE?

rivals posted:

Teenage Cool Kids (not much of a Kinsella derivative but you'll probably like them) and Snowing. That's all that's coming to mind right now. Maybe Hightide Hotel, but I don't care for them much.

EDIT: gently caress, just saw Snowing in your list.

Teenage Cool Kids sounds pretty legit, and they're playing shows not to far from me in the next 2-3 days, might have to make a roadtrip.

And Snowing deserves mention twice, I've been listening to gently caress Your Emotional Bullshit pretty much non stop since I got it. The SSC breakup doesn't seem so bad now.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

RunTo TheHills posted:

As much as i think Stza is a dick, i still love the gently caress out of LOC live shows. They really know how to work a crowd.

They really loving do. His voice sounds a lot better live too.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Thoughts? I lol'd.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Hahaha is that really one of the lyrics? If so :( Is anything since Reinventing Axl Rose worth checking out? I've heard mixed things about eveything more recent so I just never bothered with any of it.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

rivals posted:

Hahaha is that really one of the lyrics? If so :( Is anything since Reinventing Axl Rose worth checking out? I've heard mixed things about eveything more recent so I just never bothered with any of it.

Same here. I heard one song on the radio though and I thought it was one of those terrible emo bands the radio loves though. If that's indicative then gently caress that

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO

rivals posted:

I actually liked Eternal Cowboy quite a bit, but I can see where alot of people might not like it as much, New Wave, however, is incredibly lovely.

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh I have heard that one, it's alright. I think the song I heard on the radio was from New Wave, it had some line about a girl vomiting on a floor or something.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

That was probably Thrash Unreal. I think New Wave is alright. Their sound has definitely changed a lot, they're pretty much a rock band now. It has some decent moments in it, but that song Ocean is loving terrible.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

I got The Used's new album today thanks to twitter. (woooo)

It's actually really good!!! Making me a bit bummed out though, the timing sucks. :smith:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jazz babies posted:

It's actually really good!!! Making me a bit bummed out though, the timing sucks. :smith:

That cover art sure is something.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

jazz babies posted:

Not gonna lie, my first reaction is "they're still a band ?!?!?!?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

New brand new is super lovely :/