Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just about to watch The Happening Riff. Should be good as the movie is complete rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

muscles like this? posted:

Just about to watch The Happening Riff. Should be good as the movie is complete rear end.

The Crappening is probably my favorite. Then Independence Day and Twilight.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Quite possibly their best effort to date.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Mister Kingdom posted:

But is it as good as The Happening Meets The Happening?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Tony Danza Claus posted:

The Crappening is probably my favorite. Then Independence Day and Twilight.

Bourne Identity is probably my favorite overall. If you aren't won over by the PERFECT Ali G reference, I don't know. Fantastic Four is still one of the best overall, too. Of the shorts, Shake Hands with Danger (I love Mike and the others cracking up and trying to, whilst laughing, mockingly do the guitar riff), Drugs are Like That, Good Eating Habits (DAH!!! THE BOMB!!!), THE TALE OF MOOSE BABY, and, of course, Bill of Rights.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Mister Kingdom posted:

The lisping Leguizamo talking to his daughter about the picture of Screech and Zach, take care of it because he might not be able to find the same site again, and the printer ran out of green ink and the thing is peeling on the corners. GOD, there's just something so amazing about that one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
New Short is available.

Also, the short from the live show, Flying Stewardess is available.

Admiral Pi
Mar 15, 2006
e's and i's off the starboard bow!
... Huh. That new one is okay, but really short. 5 minutes seems really short next to the Joan Miller 20 minutes and 11-12 for Moose Baby and Flying Stewardess. All three of which are fantastic.

Peatpot
Mar 2, 2009

Here for your viewing pleasure The 2009 Flour and Grain Expo!!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The newest Rifftrax Presents is available: Planet of the Apes with Matthew J. Elliot.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Hawt Dawgs and lemon drink.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Just a heads up if you missed it the first time around...

It looks like they're going to run an encore of the Rifftrax Live event in the very near future.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like the encore is going to have more free stuff to give away as they mention three songs and an animated short on the whole "Plans 1-8" bit.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Good news, folks! Two new DVDs are out.

Wide World of Shorts has

Snap Out of It!
Alcohol Trigger Films
Carnivorous Plants
Aqua Frolics
Why Vandalism?
Self-Conscious Guy
As We Like It
Toward Emotional Maturity
The Terrible Truth
Good Eating Habits

Shorts Tacular Shorts has

Primary Safety in the School Building
Know for Sure
If Mirrors Could Speak
How Much Affection?
Overcoming Fear
Your Chance to Live: Technological Failures
Kitty Cleans Up
Cooking Terms and What They Mean
Playing Together
Damaged Goods

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
So, hey, what's everyone's discouraged-from-getting thoughts? Any ideas on what's bad, or at least not good/great? I always thought that, of all of the Star Wars ones, Empire Strikes Back was actually rather terrible and weak and found it odd when I saw it was the highest-rated of them all on the official site. I Am Legend, considering that it was a great movie for about 50 minutes then atrocious trash that couldn't be saved at all no matter what because of terrible decisions in the filmmaking process, was a loving terrible riff in spite of it even being Mike, Kevin, and Bill. Just terrible riffs, horrible recurring theme of thinking Robert Neville's name is "Legend" and other silliness that didn't fit or seem funny at all. The Spider-Man titles, I thought, would've just been a fuckton better if they'd ended up keeping it Mike/Kevin/Bill instead of mixing it up with weird non-standard nerdy guest riffers like that loving weird-rear end, Lileks, on the third one who just wasn't funny at all and detracted from the thing horribly. I wish they'd just keep it to loving awesome random people who want to show up on the things like Doogie Howser and Joel McHale and Lowtax and Weird Al.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I highly recommend not getting Batman and Robin. Such wasted potential.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Well, no, the fans wrote the thing. There's the reason right there.

Western Backstroke
Oct 19, 2008

Be Cool Like Carl
I usually make watching Rifftrax an event and invite friends over, get pizza, etc. Nothing's more uncomfortable than the silence of a bad Rifftrax. These are some of the "DO NOT BUY" Riff's:

Cloverfield was unfortunate. Because most of the movie was people screaming you couldn't hear the riffers. The jokes were only okay, too.

Aeon Flux was just bad, bad bad. The movie was poo poo, so I can't fault them for not having much to work with.

Attack of the Clones was awful- I remember only laughing three times (Chad Vader was a waste too). On that note, the only worthwhile Star Wars riff to get is "Phantom Menace," although even the last 30 minutes of that was very bland.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull didn't get many laughs. Conversely, Raiders of the Lost Ark was very funny and probably felt the closest to classic MST3k to me.

Terminator 3 didn't hold me and I ended up being more interested in the movie.

Spider-Man 1 seemed to have no jokes, which is odd because Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 received huge laughs from me and my friends (2 is probably the best).

Oh, and avoid The Day After Tomorrow. Such wasted potential.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Western Backstroke posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. GREAT Rifftrax. Kevin and Bill work great together. Great movie to riff on. Great riffs. It's one of my favorite ones to just pop on, up there with some of the best MST3Ks!

Crystal Skull had two of the best riffs I can remember, though: When the Commie-Nazis were being flamed and were screaming because they were standing in the steady stream of flames, they chuckled up, "Well, move, then! Jeez!" It was such a great line. And then, after the infamous fridge escape, Harrison was in decontamination being scrubbed and they pan out and there's a window into the room where he's being scrubbed, and, first, "Hey, ma! I got a job in a movie! I'm holding a push-broom scrubbing Harrison Ford's wang!" Then Mike or Kevin is like, "Do they really need a WINDOW in the decontamination room?" and Bill laughs, "They DON'T!" and they're just laughing at the movie, it's so funny, it's contagious. I love it.

Western Backstroke
Oct 19, 2008

Be Cool Like Carl
The beginning was strong but its strength faded about midway through.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Cloverfield was unfortunate. Because most of the movie was people screaming you couldn't hear the riffers.

Then increase the audio level of the mp3. If you make your own, use ducking like audacity has.

You aren't pirating them are you?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

chemosh6969 posted:

Then increase the audio level of the mp3. If you make your own, use ducking like audacity has.

You aren't pirating them are you?

Some people buy the mp3s and then download the movies already synced.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Backing up Batman and Robin and Aeon Flux. They weren't very good.

However, in Batman and Robin's case, the movie is still so laughably bad the dead air doesn't take away from it.

Revolvyerom
Nov 12, 2005

Hell yes, tell him we're plenty front right now.

GreenNight posted:

Some people buy the mp3s and then download the movies already synced.
If you buy the mp3, and you own the movie, use the rifftrax player. It will duck the movie audio when riffs come in if you choose, and auto-synch the audio.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
A triple play of shorts was just released:

What It Means To Be An American (pt 1)

Teenagers on Trial

Cork - Crashes amd Curiosities

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007
Day After Tomorrow is probably in my top five. Batman and Robin was a letdown though, it actually was pretty decent until they just stopped riffing towards the end. It's watchable because of the over-the-topness of the whole thing, but it's kind of jarring.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

According to Mike's twitter they're working on Dragon Wars.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
I am very disappointed in Mike right now. The first 5 movies listed at the bottom of the page are Road House, Red Dawn, Point Break, Dirty Dancing, and Ghost. :( Oh well, can't really blame the guys for wanting to make a buck.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gaseous Snake posted:

I highly recommend not getting Batman and Robin. Such wasted potential.

The first half of B&R is excellent. The only reason it craters is because the movie is so goddamn long so pretty much all of the good material has been used up. The L'eggo My Eggo scene had me struggling to breathe because I was laughing so hard.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I am very disappointed in Mike right now. The first 5 movies listed at the bottom of the page are Road House, Red Dawn, Point Break, Dirty Dancing, and Ghost. :( Oh well, can't really blame the guys for wanting to make a buck.

Is Mike the webmaster?

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

In honor of Patrick Swayze, there's a special deal- all five for $10.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Maybe their orders for the films went nuts--same way Michael Jackson songs went up the carts on iTunes after he died.

Just finished watching the two new shorts DVDs. What the hell was Your Chance to Live: Technological Failures supposed to be about? Wow.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I want to introduce a girl to MST3K who's never seen it. She loves rifftrax. Any recommendations? She also loves bad movies, so it's surprising as poo poo she's never seen MST3K.

Edit: nevermind, I found the mst3k thread. Cheers.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
A new short is out:

The Case of Tommy Tucker (pt 1)

Here's a taste:

Pleasant dreams all.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

GreenNight posted:

I want to introduce a girl to MST3K who's never seen it. She loves rifftrax. Any recommendations? She also loves bad movies, so it's surprising as poo poo she's never seen MST3K.

Edit: nevermind, I found the mst3k thread. Cheers.

The Giant Spider Invasion. Stupid, accessible, and hilarious.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Malachi Constant posted:

The Giant Spider Invasion. Stupid, accessible, and hilarious.

Go Packers!!!!!

Gay Satan
Jan 29, 2009
:iamafag::buddy::monar::razz:
HAIL GAY SATAN.
PUMPY GAY SATAN.
BYOB GAY SATAN

:iamafag::buddy::monar::razz:

I usually make watching Rifftrax an event and invite friends over, get pizza, etc. Nothing's more uncomfortable than the silence of a bad Rifftrax. These are some of the "DO NOT BUY" Riff's:

Cloverfield was unfortunate. Because most of the movie was people screaming you couldn't hear the riffers. The jokes were only okay, too.

Aeon Flux was just bad, bad bad. The movie was poo poo, so I can't fault them for not having much to work with.

Attack of the Clones was awful- I remember only laughing three times (Chad Vader was a waste too). On that note, the only worthwhile Star Wars riff to get is "Phantom Menace," although even the last 30 minutes of that was very bland.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull didn't get many laughs. Conversely, Raiders of the Lost Ark was very funny and probably felt the closest to classic MST3k to me.

Terminator 3 didn't hold me and I ended up being more interested in the movie.

Spider-Man 1 seemed to have no jokes, which is odd because Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3 received huge laughs from me and my friends (2 is probably the best).

I thought Spiderman 1 was one of their best, and so was Day After Tomorrow.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Red Dawn was amazing. Not quite Twilight, but probably my second or third favorite.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

Go Packers!!!!!

Haha, is this the one with the Go Packers!! ? Cause I live in Wisconsin and Mikes WI jokes were always hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

Haha, is this the one with the Go Packers!! ? Cause I live in Wisconsin and Mikes WI jokes were always hilarious.

Mike (Kid on a merry-go-round): "Please god let this thing build up enough speed to launch me into Minnesota so I can start a new life."

• Locked thread