Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/09/afp%E2%80%99s-ask-matty-round-up-for-919

Did everyone see this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

New custom um...Thursday!

For the upcoming customcon 24 in December, I'm doing all 7 Immortal Weapons. So far, I have 3 done. Hasbro will never make these.

Fat Cobra's tattoos took forever to do. And yes, his sideburns are fake eyelashes.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 3, 2009

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi
Hey Fish of Doom, you've got hands-down the best customs in the thread so far. Good job!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
My only complaint is that Iron Fist's legs look too builky compared to the rest of the body.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I would really consider buying a full set of those from you with them being so well done. Great job.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
Well, six kid's meals later at Arby's...

Actually, not really. I asked the ladies there and they gave me all six without me even having to buy a meal. I didn't want to push it by asking for an extra Superman so I'll have to go back for him. If you construct him inside-out you get Bizarro.

krut
Jun 5, 2005

ask me about oranges

Ohvee posted:

Well, six kid's meals later at Arby's...

Actually, not really. I asked the ladies there and they gave me all six without me even having to buy a meal. I didn't want to push it by asking for an extra Superman so I'll have to go back for him. If you construct him inside-out you get Bizarro.

Oh my god, I might have to do that.

For some reason I find this hilarious: http://amzn.com/B00000JDV4

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

These are really cool. Free paper superheroes (marvel, mostly X-Men) that you can print out and construct yourself. Link.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico
I had no idea there were Batman BATB superher-squad-style mini toys!

they're pretty dang adorable too!

There's gonna be a lot too, and I may not be able to resist tiny Gentleman Ghost, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, etc...

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Satch posted:

I had no idea there were Batman BATB superher-squad-style mini toys!

they're pretty dang adorable too!

There's gonna be a lot too, and I may not be able to resist tiny Gentleman Ghost, Plastic Man, Blue Beetle, etc...

I've already seen a bunch of these at Target. There's even a Bat mobile that comes with the Clock King. Here's a poster with a bunch of still yet to be released characters. Some cool stuff like Metamorpho, Joker, Chemo, Dr. Fate, and Grodd.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I'm all about getting that Ted Kord Blue Beetle, whenever it comes out.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Check your Toys R Us too, these are out in force where I live. The little Gentlemen Ghost makes me sad every time I see it as the DCUC wave with him in it hasn't hit yet where I'm at.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
I have the Gentleman Ghost figure, he comes with a skeleton horse and both him and the horse glow in the dark. Best :10bux: ever spent.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Here's pics of Wave 12 from Toyfare. Get it before it's pulled.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/Zodach/DCUC12Toyfare.jpg

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Thanks for the link, I am impressed by those figures!

Classic Dr. Midnite with Owl!!!!

I love the accessories with Iron!

I hope Darkseid is huge!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

AlkalinePunk posted:

I have the Gentleman Ghost figure, he comes with a skeleton horse and both him and the horse glow in the dark. Best :10bux: ever spent.

Ha! I somehow totally missed the fact that he glows in the dark. He's now 10 times more awesome.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Iron's wrench arm might be one of the coolest accessories ever. I like that people are calling this the "characters in skirts wave"

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Sep 9, 2009

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

mods rename me posted:

Here's pics of Wave 12 from Toyfare. Get it before it's pulled.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt91/Zodach/DCUC12Toyfare.jpg

I have never heard of Dr. Midnite before but now I am a little less sad about having to buy him to get Darkseid.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Travis343 posted:

I have never heard of Dr. Midnite before but now I am a little less sad about having to buy him to get Darkseid.

There have actually been three DC heroes called Dr. Mid-Nite (although the short-lived second one, a girl, was Dr. Midnight, not Mid-Nite). This figure is of the first one, the Golden Age Dr. Mid-Nite, a member of the original JSA. He is Dr. Charles McNider, a blind doctor, who could see in the dark due to his goggles. His owl is named Hooty. In the '80s, his protege, Dr. Beth Chapel, briefly became Dr. Midnight and joined Infinity, Inc., but she was killed by Eclipso. In the late '90s, Matt Wagner introduced the latest Dr. Mid-Nite, Dr. Pieter Cross, a pulp-style hero inspired by the Shadow and Doc Savage, who was blinded in a staged accident that also caused him to lose his medical license, but he continued work as a street-level doctor, helping the down and out. His costume was inspired by McNider's, but more modern and high-tech. He is a member of the current JSA, and he is an awesome character.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

New Custom Monday!

2 more immortal weapons done, 2 left to go.

John Aman, Prince of Orphans

Anyone know a good brown cloak shall that's in the 6" scale? There's a million jedi robes in the 4", but nothing like Aman's cloak in this scale.

Davos, Steel Phoenix

The team thus far

I'm probably 60% done on Tiger's Beautiful Daughter and Dog Brother 1, but does anyone know if there's any 6" figure that came with a folding fan? I've even looked for dollhouse fans, but there's nothing.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Gambit from Marvel Legends wore a brown trenchcoat.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Yeah, though he wears a trenchcoat on Earth, I'm more looking for the look of him during the tournament in volume 2, with the long brown hooded robe. it's not necessary, because if most of the other battle after that, he's just wearing pants, but it'd be a cool addition. I wonder if any Lord of the Rings figures have anything like that.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 15, 2009

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, the DCD 12" Watchmen figures are loving awful

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_091609b.htm

Hasbro figures at DCD's retarded prices.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
TRU Question!

Diamond has announced a "surprise" wave of Battlestar Figures. Is TRU generally good about putting all their in-store merchandise on the website as well? If not, anyone out there willing to keep an eye out and let me know when these figs hit shelves? I'm not much of a collector outside of a few lines, so I never set foot in a TRU.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Doc Faustus posted:

Is TRU generally good about putting all their in-store merchandise on the website as well?

Absolutely not, though you can sometimes get lucky.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Doc Faustus posted:

TRU Question!

Diamond has announced a "surprise" wave of Battlestar Figures. Is TRU generally good about putting all their in-store merchandise on the website as well? If not, anyone out there willing to keep an eye out and let me know when these figs hit shelves? I'm not much of a collector outside of a few lines, so I never set foot in a TRU.

I've seen figures on the site go from pre-order to out of stock when their actual release date arrives. So if you see them go up, I'd grab them first.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Captain Charisma posted:

Holy poo poo, the DCD 12" Watchmen figures are loving awful

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_091609b.htm

Hasbro figures at DCD's retarded prices.
The Comedian figure is okay. The Roschach one is even more horrible than the photos let on. His mask looks like a sock. If they had just given him two head sculpts, one with a sculpted masked look, then it would've been a decent figure.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Doc Faustus posted:

TRU Question!

The wave should be hitting TRU stores right now, a few people have reported finding them. I myself haven't seen them yet, but usually when others start finding them they show up a week or so later for me. The only figure I'm really interested in this wave is the off-duty Apollo. Also, I don't know what lines you collect, but TRU is carrying alot more specialty stuff now. I've gotten the NECA Aliens Warrior, DS Star Trek, Galactica and DC Direct stuff from them lately.

TRU is weird about their online stuff. For the first wave they had the Apollo and civil war Cylon for preorder, but not Starbuck. For wave 2 They didn't have any for preorder at all, but later after I found them at the stores, they had Husker Adama and the the Battle Damaged Classic Cylon, but not the Gold Cylon on the website (and I only ever saw the Gold Cylon once in stores). For wave three, they only had the mortar Cylon on the website, but just yesterday I noticed the Anders in Raptor flight suit figure online. I never saw the re-release if the civil war Cylon in stores or online. And now this wave 4 is in stores, but nowhere to be seen yet on the website. I'm sure they may show up, but what figures and in what quantity I have no idea.

I hope this wave is more available than the last though, I only saw the Anders in Raptor flight suit once and if I would have missed out on him, I would have had to order him online, because they sure won't get him in stores now.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Yeah, I mostly just collect BSG, as well as some Iron Man and a smattering of other Marvel figs.

Really I'm mostly interested in the Red Stripe cylon. I've already got the two previous Apollo figures, and will be getting a third if the Leader Wave ever gets made. Boomer looks nice, but with the Boomer/Athena 2-pack due out in September picking up a single, exclusive fig just doesn't seem worth it. Ditto for the existing "Longshot" Anders, as I picked up the first Anders fig when it was a Suncoast exclusive.

I may pick up the TRU exclusive Tigh fig when that comes out, though. I just wish the Admiral Adama figure TRU has online was actually a reality.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Doc Faustus posted:

I may pick up the TRU exclusive Tigh fig when that comes out, though. I just wish the Admiral Adama figure TRU has online was actually a reality.

Um...what exactly do you mean by this? I pre-ordered both these on the TRU website a little over a month ago and according to UPS tracking, they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Am I going to end up with an empty box? What's going on?

edit: Also, where's a good place to find some of the older BSG figures? I'm slowly building a collection a bit late in the game, but I don't have any "skinjobs" yet.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Sep 17, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Have you guys heard about the Toys R Us new pre-order policy on collector lines? It apparently works similar to the video games section where there's little tickets on the end of aisles for upcoming lines or waves aimed at collectors. You pay upfront or put money down and they call you when they come in.

This is such a loving good idea, I almost can't handle it. It will really set TRU apart from target and walmart for the collectors.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/toys-r-us-offers-preorders-on-collectibles

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Colonel Whitey posted:

edit: Also, where's a good place to find some of the older BSG figures? I'm slowly building a collection a bit late in the game, but I don't have any "skinjobs" yet.

Unfortunately most places are sold out right now. Bigbadtoystore.com has a good sale right now, the Apollo/Dualla pack is $21.99, Caprica Six is $10, Uniformed Helo is #3 and Regular Anders is $4, I'm buying a few of each for customs, you really can't beat those prices.

I'm going to TRU on friday, i'll ask my store about that pre-order thing, I would most defintely use it.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Have you guys heard about the Toys R Us new pre-order policy on collector lines? It apparently works similar to the video games section where there's little tickets on the end of aisles for upcoming lines or waves aimed at collectors. You pay upfront or put money down and they call you when they come in.

This is such a loving good idea, I almost can't handle it. It will really set TRU apart from target and walmart for the collectors.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/toys-r-us-offers-preorders-on-collectibles

It's funny they started doing this now.. because Japanese stores have been doing this for nearly 10 years now.

I'm not mocking your excitement for it, I'm just sayin' it took them THIS long to realize letting people order a "sure thing" just might be easier to profit from than ordering random rear end boxes of poo poo.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
It's good to hear that TRU is stepping up their game. I went to one recently and had a great experience, and I'm happy to hear it's going to get better. Thanks to my Batman: Arkham Asylum gift card and a tampered package, I got Deadshot and the Nick Fury/Hand two pack for only 14.09. I love TRU right now.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

Um...what exactly do you mean by this? I pre-ordered both these on the TRU website a little over a month ago and according to UPS tracking, they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Am I going to end up with an empty box? What's going on?

Well gently caress, I just assumed that when the diamond leader wave got held up, everything did. There's no Tigh on the website anymore, and Adama was "out of stock" yesterday, and is GONE from the site today. I'm glad they're making/shipping new BSG figures, but loving hell, can't they do it in a way that lets people buy them? I've been hesitant to preorder anything since diamond keeps pushing back ship dates; I had no idea TRU was actually going to get figures for their ship dates.

How does the TRU Adama differ from the semi-canceled "Leader Wave" Adama?

EDIT: TRU either needs to build a store closer to my house, or else start putting poo poo on the website.

Doc Faustus fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 17, 2009

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?
Good news, everyone!

quote:

Mattel has announced the line up for DC Universe Classics Wave 13
This assortment will include:

* Blue Beetle
* Blue Devil
* Cheetah (Classic)
* Cheetah (Modern)
* Cyclotron
* Donna Troy
* Negative Man (classic)
* Negative Man (Black Variant)
* Super Boy

Definitely excited for BB, Superboy and Negative Man(Hello Doom Patrol!).

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

JohnThermos posted:

Good news, everyone!

Definitely excited for BB, Superboy and Negative Man(Hello Doom Patrol!).

I wonder if it's Superboy Prime, current Superboy, or greasy-hair leather jacket first appearance Superboy.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

LightsGameraAction posted:

I wonder if it's Superboy Prime, current Superboy, or greasy-hair leather jacket first appearance Superboy.

It might be any of those. Continuing the theme of the Death of Superman era, I would think there are good chances it is the leather jacket one. I would be happier with an old-school Legion era Superboy, but that would only be a smaller version of Superman, unless he was wearing a Legion ring and had Krypto with him.

With the Death of Superman, they have already made: Doomsday, Black/Recovery Suit Superman, Steel, Eradicator, Cyborg Superman and Mongel (who played a big part in the aftermath).

I wouldn't be surprised if it was any of them.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

LightsGameraAction posted:

Here's hoping for a yellow lantern Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

And no Martian Manhunter still!