Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bret Hart is the biggest baby in wrestling in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

tzirean posted:

Shawn had hoped to get a chance to talk to Bret to apologize and hopefully clear the air even a little bit between them. Bret said if he saw Shawn at all that weekend, he'd skip the induction, and if he saw Shawn during the induction he'd walk off the stage. Shawn told Vince that if that was the case, he was fine just leaving the room during the induction before Bret's.

Jesus Christ. gently caress Bret, seriously.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Axissillian posted:

If he hadn't Foley'd from the rafters in 1999 his career accomplishments would have been: famous brother, some good matches, the white guy in NOD.

While I agree that he probably doesn't really deserve to be in the HoF (unless, perhaps, he went in alongside Bret), I really think with his solid style, clean cut looks and reputation for being much-loved backstage, he'd probably have been Cena without the rap gimmick.

Dewwy
Jun 9, 2005

by Ozma
I think that if Owen Hart goes in he'll just be, along with Stu, the focal point of inducting "The Hart Family" in the same way all of the Von Erichs went in at the same time (at least I think they did it that way.) Then they'll probably have either Bret, or some other close relation, induct the family followed by any member of that family who still talks to each other/the WWE on stage.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Honeymoon posted:

No they didn't. You're retarded.

Yes, "criminally negligent homicide" is no longer homicide, folks! You heard it first, from Honeymoon, who I assume has an "in" on the Supreme Court!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Captain Charisma posted:

Yes, "criminally negligent homicide" is no longer homicide, folks! You heard it first, from Honeymoon, who I assume has an "in" on the Supreme Court!

Yes and that's why Vince McMahon is serving a life in prison sentence and oh no wait you're still retarded.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i think the harness was just not that safe and it was an accident

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

i think the harness was just not that safe and it was an accident
It's not like it was a smart gimmick at the time. Owen became the Blue Blazer again because he didn't feel like having a spousal abuse/penis chopping storyline like everyone else in the midcard in 1999. He died doing a Vince Russo angle. I don't think there's a sadder way of dying.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
To be fair, the Blue Blazer angle was awesome at the time. So quit crying about how Owen did nothing. Owen was a high mid carder for most of his time in WWE. The LOWEST he got was when Shawn didn't want to work with him after the Bret screwjob, and Owen was hot as gently caress during that period. The crowd reaction to him beating on Shawn after the IYH:DX ppv was insane.

I also agree with Bret to an extent. So Shawn found god is now a better person, that's great and all for him, but he was still a loving cocksucker when he dealt with Bret. Bret should have at least heard him out, but Shawn can't be completely forgiven for being a loving douche.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
The best Owen Hart moment was the Dungeon match.

Also, HulkaMatt, requesting that since CC is starting his usual "You know nothing idiot" posting and the vanishing routine, that we make CC follow this argument to its conclusion under threat of probation.

poo poo and runs are not acceptable in other forums, they should not be acceptable in ours :colbert:

-this message has been paid for by the Axissillian and Catherine C Macarthur Foundation for Good Posting-

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

How about we just keep the thread to questions and answers that would be much better.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would say the list of people needing to be in includes (in no particular order)...

Bruno Sammartino
The Road Warriors
Demolition
Larry Zbyzsko
Randy Savage
Ted DiBiase
Jake Roberts
Rick Rude
Trish Stratus
Sting
Arn Anderson
Tully Blanchard
Barry Windham
J.J. Dillon
Alundra Blayze/Madusa/Who Cares because she's got less of a chance than Macho & Warrior combined
British Bulldogs
Rock & Roll Express
Midnight Express
Stu Hart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bradzilla posted:

Bret Hart has a lot going for him even today, top of the list being that he is not Kurt Angle.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Jerusalem posted:

Bret Hart has a lot going for him even today, top of the list being that he is not Kurt Angle.

I dunno, the longer Kurt is gone from the WWE the more remorseful and humble he is about his shortcomings there.

However, with Bret Hart, at this point he singularly carried the WWE in the 90's and once slapped Jesus unconscious with his dick.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

I would say the list of people needing to be in includes (in no particular order)...

Bruno Sammartino
The Road Warriors
Demolition
Larry Zbyzsko
Randy Savage
Ted DiBiase
Jake Roberts
Rick Rude
Trish Stratus
Sting
Arn Anderson
Tully Blanchard
Barry Windham
J.J. Dillon
Alundra Blayze/Madusa/Who Cares because she's got less of a chance than Macho & Warrior combined
British Bulldogs
Rock & Roll Express
Midnight Express
Stu Hart

Arn, Barry, Tully & JJ would probably have a good shot going in as the 4 Horseman, not individually.

Jake won't go in until he is sober or dead.

Stu could go in with "The Hart Family" and could include Owen.

The tag team wing of the Hall of Fame is rather weak right now, but the ones you named would definitely have a spot for them.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Axissillian posted:

I dunno, the longer Kurt is gone from the WWE the more batshit insane on pills he gets.

Bret is just overstating his accomplishments like every other retired wrestler, but Kurt has gone irredeemably crazy.

What's overlooked with Bret is how amazing the WWE video editing guys are, as they made him look and sound humble throughout his entire DVD set.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

CombineThresher posted:

What's overlooked with Bret is how amazing the WWE video editing guys are, as they made him look and sound humble throughout his entire DVD set.

I...thought Shawn was... a worthy... opponent... I would like... to... SWEET SWEET CANDY...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You can't even say that Bret is the craziest Canadian because BAM, Chris Benoit took that bullet for him.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jerusalem posted:

You can't even say that Bret is the craziest Canadian because BAM, Chris Benoit took that bullet for him.

More like Bret gave Benoit just enough rope to...er, nevermind.

Bret is a big baby, but I'll cut him a little slack because his stroke probably affected his brain and thereby his perception of things.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Aren't there rumblings that Wrestlemania might be going back to Toronto in a couple years? If so, perfect time to induct Trish.

How about Yokozuna? Would he at all be considered HOF material or was he just a guy who dominated for a year or two, jumped ship, then ballooned up and died?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

CM Junk posted:

Aren't there rumblings that Wrestlemania might be going back to Toronto in a couple years? If so, perfect time to induct Trish.

How about Yokozuna? Would he at all be considered HOF material or was he just a guy who dominated for a year or two, jumped ship, then ballooned up and died?

How did he jump ship? It was more like he ballooned up to the size of a ship.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CombineThresher posted:

Bret is a big baby, but I'll cut him a little slack because his stroke probably affected his brain and thereby his perception of things.

I always thought this, and would bring this up in defense of Bret whenever he did/said something stupid. But then I watched Wrestling with Shadows, and he was pretty much the same guy then, with the same delusions, as he is today.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

bradzilla posted:

In his defense, people who hosed you over and then want to talk about it are usually only trying to make themselves feel better

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I always thought this, and would bring this up in defense of Bret whenever he did/said something stupid. But then I watched Wrestling with Shadows, and he was pretty much the same guy then, with the same delusions, as he is today.

I love when he's sitting next to that doll in the electric chair and says something along the lines of,"I bought this thing.... it's the stupidest thing I've ever spent money on. What the hell was I thinking?"

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Would sunny have done enough to be considered for the hall of fame?

And do you think jericho will get his way and induct lance storm? (not saying jericho is lobbying now, but he would probably love it)

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Sunny AND Miss Elizabeth need to get inducted.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Wazzu posted:

And do you think jericho will get his way and induct lance storm? (not saying jericho is lobbying now, but he would probably love it)

:cawg:

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Wazzu posted:

Would sunny have done enough to be considered for the hall of fame?

I'd say so, she was the first Diva. Missy Hyatt comes close, but she was an NWA manager and lasted days in the WWF.

quote:

You're funny.

CM Junk posted:

Trish says no to things she thinks are stupid. Kind of a crapshoot whether Vince would find that a negative or a challenge.

Yoko never jumped ship. WWE tried to help him lose weight but Yoko couldn't stick with it and wasn't being licensed in states due to his health. They didn't want to cut him but they had no choice. He then spend the rest of his life getting fatter and wrestling in indies.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WeaselWeaz posted:

Yoko never jumped ship. WWE tried to help him lose weight but Yoko couldn't stick with it and wasn't being licensed in states due to his health. They didn't want to cut him but they had no choice. He then spend the rest of his life getting fatter and wrestling in indies.

I'm pretty sure Yoko will get in. He and Taker were close, and I can just see Taker going up to Vince and saying "Yoko, Hall of Fame", and just walking off.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Who betta than Kanyon?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Who not betta than Kanyon?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Who not betta than Kanyon?

Rene Dupree.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Positively Kanyon was the best gimmick in Y2K WCW.

Captain Misc.
Sep 8, 2007

Why don't the kids
want to buy my mask?
:mad:
I was always curious if there was anyone who stood on equal footing with Kanyon.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Captain Misc. posted:

I was always curious if there was anyone who stood on equal footing with Kanyon.

On a serious note:, Kanyon was one of the better wrestlers out there. Unfortunately he hosed guys and had to go.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
If they get serious on inducting tag teams, obviously the Road Warriors have to go in. So would the RNRs and the Midnights, I'd have to say. What about the Dudleys, though? I know they've been in TNA for a few years now, but I was under the impression they left WWE on relatively good terms, and you can't argue with how much they accomplished as a team?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TL posted:

What about the Dudleys, though? I know they've been in TNA for a few years now, but I was under the impression they left WWE on relatively good terms,
lemme put it this way: no

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TL posted:

If they get serious on inducting tag teams, obviously the Road Warriors have to go in. So would the RNRs and the Midnights, I'd have to say. What about the Dudleys, though? I know they've been in TNA for a few years now, but I was under the impression they left WWE on relatively good terms, and you can't argue with how much they accomplished as a team?

The Dudleys got pissed once they found out they didn't own those names. Then they went and shitted all over the WWE any chance they got.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Dean Malenko and Steve Lombardi for the Hall of Fame - they're both employed by the company so must be in their good books still (plus I've developed a soft spot for Dean Malenko recently).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would say Steve Lombardi is deserving.

I also forgot to mention Diamond Dallas Page on my previous list.